Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] Memorycoin ★ Modern CPU PoW ★ COMPLETELY GPU/ASIC FREE ★ NO Free PoS - page 6. (Read 39240 times)

Activity: 578
Merit: 501
the yam miner seems to stop creating shares/solutions after 15-30 minutes. restart the miner and it picks back up.
any ideas?
my params :
mining-params = mmc:av=1&aesni=on&m=1024
threads = 8

worker-params = 0:cpu-bind=6
worker-params = 1:cpu-bind=4
worker-params = 2:cpu-bind=2
worker-params = 3:cpu-bind=0

worker-params = 4:cpu-bind=7
worker-params = 5:cpu-bind=5
worker-params = 6:cpu-bind=3
worker-params = 7:cpu-bind=1

That is normal. YAM is expecting to connect to a pool to donate 2% cpu cycles to the author. When YAM cannot connect after 400 shares, it stops hashing. You can create a script file on linux or a batch file on windows to restart the program every so often.
Activity: 81
Merit: 10
the yam miner seems to stop creating shares/solutions after 15-30 minutes. restart the miner and it picks back up.
any ideas?
my params :
mining-params = mmc:av=1&aesni=on&m=1024
threads = 8

worker-params = 0:cpu-bind=6
worker-params = 1:cpu-bind=4
worker-params = 2:cpu-bind=2
worker-params = 3:cpu-bind=0

worker-params = 4:cpu-bind=7
worker-params = 5:cpu-bind=5
worker-params = 6:cpu-bind=3
worker-params = 7:cpu-bind=1

legendary
Activity: 3220
Merit: 1363
www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

You can mine from your wallet using YAM from yvg1900 at https://t.co/whkQyh2XA2. It is much faster than the wallet miner.

Thanks for sharing this very useful miner mate. I have seen that the one from within the wallet is indeed much slower so I hope that with this one I could make as many MMC as I can. I'm running this on my Intel Core i5 laptop with 2 cores running as I don't want to overheat too much by using its full cores. Let's see if MemoryCoin could be worth $0.01 someday  Roll Eyes
there are a few issues with the wallet application tho.
I'm using the Windows wallet with updated blockchain from the one above.
if the wallet app crashes (which happens too many times for my liking), the entire blockchain must be searched.
this takes days on my i7 4970K (4.8Ghz) with 2.5GB/sec nvme drive.
it's actually faster restarting from the one above. This can't be how that's supposed to go.
Maybe this is just because of too few peers, that I don't know.

I've been solo mining MMC for a few days now but it is a pain because the wallet app keeps crashing (also the built-in miner doesn't stop when you ask it nicely by clicking on Solo Mining Off)

I never get wallet crashes. If I get disconnected from peers for whatever reason, I go to http://coinofview.com/coin/Memorycoin.html and list the peers under the network section. I run "addnode x.x.x.x onetry" from the console and the wallet is back in business.

If you are interested in better HPM, then send me a PM. I can probably help you out.

Are you solo mining with the wallet? I'm looking for a different solution but it seems all pools are dead and I'm not in the position right now to set up my own. I have multiple computers at my disposal and some servers so I *could* - just not right now

You can mine from your wallet using YAM from yvg1900 at https://t.co/whkQyh2XA2. It is much faster than the wallet miner.
if the wallet app crashes (which happens too many times for my liking), the entire blockchain must be searched.
it's actually faster restarting from the one above. This can't be how that's supposed to go.

I've been solo mining MMC for a few days now but it is a pain because the wallet app keeps crashing (also the built-in miner doesn't stop when you ask it nicely by clicking on Solo Mining Off)

I never get wallet crashes. If I get disconnected from peers for whatever reason, I go to http://coinofview.com/coin/Memorycoin.html and list the peers under the network section. I run "addnode x.x.x.x onetry" from the console and the wallet is back in business.

If you are interested in better HPM, then send me a PM. I can probably help you out.

Are you solo mining with the wallet? I'm looking for a different solution but it seems all pools are dead and I'm not in the position right now to set up my own. I have multiple computers at my disposal and some servers so I *could* - just not right now

legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000
I'm in, some interesting large market buys earlier this year.
legendary
quite an interesting concept - ill be watching the progress ...

i do wonder though - that if the coin was more 'popular' - that the demand would lend itself the production of gpu miners ...

nothing is ultimately impossible in this day and age - its just a matter of whether its worth the time and effort involved ...

#crysx

I am sure that you are right, but unfortunately there are very few of us left who keep the blockchain alive.

well - im interested ...

so let me know what you and the few are doing - and what can be done ...

#crysx

I would like to get the wallet updated and perhaps get a GPU miner going again, but lately a lot of the hashing power has leveled off. The difficulty has even gone down considerably in the last day or two.

Yeah but it the lowering of the difficulty could prove itself to be able to mine more MemoryCoin with you CPU hashrate. So far, I like MMC considering the fact that it has a very low difficulty and it is CPU miner. But I am afraid that once MMC gets the attention it deserves or it becomes very popular, the difficulty will rise and it will be much more complicated to get some MMC with your current CPU hashrate (unless you have a very powerful one). Still, it would be interesting if some new development would be made for MMC.  Roll Eyes

i do wonder though - that if the coin was more 'popular' - that the demand would lend itself the production of gpu miners ...

nothing is ultimately impossible in this day and age - its just a matter of whether its worth the time and effort involved ...

#crysx

I am sure that you are right, but unfortunately there are very few of us left who keep the blockchain alive.

well - im interested ...

#crysx

I would like to get the wallet updated and perhaps get a GPU miner going again, but lately a lot of the hashing power has leveled off. The difficulty has even gone down considerably in the last day or two.
Activity: 364
Merit: 260
--- ChainWorks Industries ---

#crysx

well - im interested ...

#crysx

#crysx

Activity: 364
Merit: 260
--- ChainWorks Industries ---

#crysx
First advertisement platform that accepts MemoryCoin! place banner ads, create faucets or earn free coins.

At www.fauceting.com, earners can get free MemoryCoin and advertisers can promote website by creating or sponsoring faucets.

Project just started this week!

Sounds interesting, I guess.
Activity: 63
First advertisement platform that accepts MemoryCoin! place banner ads, create faucets or earn free coins.

At www.fauceting.com, earners can get free MemoryCoin and advertisers can promote website by creating or sponsoring faucets.

Project just started this week!
Activity: 781
which are current block now, to check my wallet since there is no block explorer online at the moment.

many tks
Activity: 819
Merit: 502
Catch it - last wallet+full synced blockchain - https://mega.nz/#!Dc9hUJiQ!HDRDpah_FiF_3bbweTHdIjdoAPMrtTHIJ7-yflB4lfI
Only add your own memorycoin.conf file.

mycoinsstore posted a copy of the wallet and blockchain a few pages back. Here is the quote.

Thank you!!!
Catch it - last wallet+full synced blockchain - https://mega.nz/#!Dc9hUJiQ!HDRDpah_FiF_3bbweTHdIjdoAPMrtTHIJ7-yflB4lfI
Only add your own memorycoin.conf file.

mycoinsstore posted a copy of the wallet and blockchain a few pages back. Here is the quote.
Activity: 819
Merit: 502
Is there somewhere link to the wallet ?
legendary
Thanks for your reply. I was going to ask if you happen to know how much hashrate would I expect to get from an Intel i7 or an Amd Fx 8 core mining MMC. Isn't there a mining calculator for it? Sorry for asking but I'm just curious to know this since I would want to pick the right hardware for my desktop PC mining rig.  Grin

In general, you should expect about 7-8 H/s for an AMD FX 8350 and about 10-11 H/s for Intel i7 6700k. I am sure you can extrapolate from there based on the model you have.

Thanks for the information. Mining MMC should be easier at the moment, considering it has a very low difficulty. I should get more than enough coins with an Intel i7 6th Generation. Even though, I wouldn't profit from it, I will still do it for fun. I will try this out at home.

Also, I'll see if I could set up a VPS to mine Memorycoin.  Cheesy
Pages:
Jump to: