Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] Metadisk - Blockchain Based File Sharing - Powered by Storj - page 2. (Read 39241 times)

Activity: 191
Merit: 100
Limited Beta
Storj is offering a very limited beta. We want to get some good feedback as we develop this application. There are currently 16 slots available. If you reply to this topic early(just say you want in on the beta), I can just add you to this list. As we run out of spots, I'll reserve spots for people who provide interesting use cases, or want who want to help out.

If you miss this beta signup, just make sure to be signed up for our email list on Storj.io. Once Metadisk is a bit more polished we will be releasing it to everyone on our email list.

Beta List - Batch #1
1. mpmsvv
2. devthedev
3. extro24
4. server
5. Cyrus
6. starsoccer9
7. WeMineCoins
8. RGBKey
9. San1ty
10. Kyune
11. atleticofa
12. jeroenn13
13. knahrvorn
14. HopeStillFlies
15. enmaku(press)
16. rent0r

Beta List - Batch #2
1. romsek
2. KyrosKrane
3. kevmo
4. CanaryInTheMine
5. junglist.massive
6. aquarius
7. Accordus
8. BitCsByBit
9. Operatr
10. bitcoininformation
11. raithe
12. GreekBitcoin
13. HeRetiK
14. jorgebonilla

Add me Smiley Im very interested in this project

Add plz i'm a early investor

That beta was an initial test we were doing months ago.

Everyone can now test MetaDisk at http://node1.metadisk.org.
legendary
Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000
Limited Beta
Storj is offering a very limited beta. We want to get some good feedback as we develop this application. There are currently 16 slots available. If you reply to this topic early(just say you want in on the beta), I can just add you to this list. As we run out of spots, I'll reserve spots for people who provide interesting use cases, or want who want to help out.

If you miss this beta signup, just make sure to be signed up for our email list on Storj.io. Once Metadisk is a bit more polished we will be releasing it to everyone on our email list.

Beta List - Batch #1
1. mpmsvv
2. devthedev
3. extro24
4. server
5. Cyrus
6. starsoccer9
7. WeMineCoins
8. RGBKey
9. San1ty
10. Kyune
11. atleticofa
12. jeroenn13
13. knahrvorn
14. HopeStillFlies
15. enmaku(press)
16. rent0r

Beta List - Batch #2
1. romsek
2. KyrosKrane
3. kevmo
4. CanaryInTheMine
5. junglist.massive
6. aquarius
7. Accordus
8. BitCsByBit
9. Operatr
10. bitcoininformation
11. raithe
12. GreekBitcoin
13. HeRetiK
14. jorgebonilla

Add me Smiley Im very interested in this project

Add plz i'm a early investor
Activity: 191
legendary
Activity: 1148
that's really a nice application.
legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1002
great experience using node1.metadisk.org
super fast upload and no problem downloading the file.

agree on that. never had an issue with it but wished it had a delete file function.
Activity: 478
Merit: 250
great experience using node1.metadisk.org
super fast upload and no problem downloading the file.
Activity: 812
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
So if I understand this correctly,

• Metadisk = blockchain-distributed web application
• DriveShare = local client app

So Metadisk is the 'coordinator' and 'encryptor' for individual Driveshare nodes.

Correct?
legendary
Activity: 1094
Merit: 1006
Having said that I would like MacOSX widget that allows me to drag and drop a file and automatically upload it to Storj Cloud and get the link in the clipboard. This would be really useful for posting to social networks, forums etc
This could be done now using upstream, and our Metadisk nodes.
Activity: 10
Having said that I would like MacOSX widget that allows me to drag and drop a file and automatically upload it to Storj Cloud and get the link in the clipboard. This would be really useful for posting to social networks, forums etc
Activity: 10
Applications like this are soon to follow Smiley If only network is working, developers will write them
Activity: 58
I love the fact that metadesk is the world's first blockchain based decentralized file sharing application. Can check it here http://node1.metadisk.org/ Smiley
What I'm really waiting for, when it comes to applications of the Storj network, is a Dropbox/Copy/etc. like application that will live sync your files directly to the network from your desktop or mobile. I.e. a native app, not website.
Activity: 200
Thrive
I love the fact that metadesk is the world's first blockchain based decentralized file sharing application. Can check it here http://node1.metadisk.org/ Smiley
From the screenshot It is clear to be that It is user friendly and simple, And looks great I definitely can't wait to give it a try! Smiley
Yeah, that GUI looks very compelling, indeed. It seems that the designer fully understands "keep it simple, stupid". I just hope it will be combined with options to have a higher level of control for power users, as is most often the case for open source software. And if I'm not mistaken, it will, through the text based version, which is great.

Edit: Oh, you meant the GUI of MetaDisk, of course. I don't think there will be a command line version of MetaDisk, but that's probably not necessary either.
Activity: 200
Thrive
From the screenshot It is clear to be that It is user friendly and simple, And looks great I definitely can't wait to give it a try! Smiley
Can you put me in group C please? Do the storj trade anywhere to get 10k of them?
Only when beta group C is about to start, it will be determined who can participate, and that is those people who can prove they own 10,000 SJCX. So the best thing you can do to prepare yourself, is get some SJCX. You can do so at Counterwallet's decentralized exchange or at Poloniex, to name a couple. Poloniex is probably where the most volume is.
Is anything to win being a beta tester?
In the current beta test you'll win some valuable data for the Storj project to make it better once it's further in development.
I later beta tests you will be able to earn SJCX. Depending on which stage of the beta you want to participate in, you must have contributed to the crowd sale, though. More details at http://storj.io/earlyaccess.html
Activity: 6
Can you put me in group C please? Do the storj trade anywhere to get 10k of them?
Activity: 260
Merit: 250
Is anything to win being a beta tester?
legendary
Activity: 1094
Merit: 1006
People will switch for various reasons. Cost is only one factor. In hindsight someone like Sony would probably love to use Storj even if its more expensive per GB. Cost of a data breach does incalculable damage to a business. 
Pages:
Jump to: