Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] microCoin MRC - alcurEX - Scrypt-Jane - nFactor - page 10. (Read 374702 times)

Activity: 546
Merit: 500
PGP 9CB0902E
coinmarketcap.com lists no active markets for microcoin..
http://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/microcoin/#markets
Activity: 600
nentris: Multipool is something that may be useful in the future, but only when more people show interest in microCoin. I know that there's still MRC/BTC pairing on poloniex, but value of microCoin is far under 1 satoshi, so the market is not usable at the moment. I rather trade in MRC/LTC market on alcurEX, but Litecoin is sinking like titanic which makes microCoin still more valueless. What i want to say is that i would prefer a more stable market as a trading pair, for example blackcoin. We also need CaptEmulation for fixing the startup process because the client is nearly unusable if you don't have your pc running 24 hours a day with opened wallet. I see myself as one of the biggest supporter of microCoin, but the situation is not so bright at the moment. Something must be done.

Sblaim: Please delete all data in C:\Users\*your_username*\AppData\Roaming and install wallet 2.1.1.3 and let it sync from the beginning. Save your wallet.dat first if you have some coins already.
Activity: 23
Merit: 0
Vlad2Vlad: There will be no multipool in the next time. I think there will never be a multipool.

CaptEmulation: It's always great what you are doing here. Have a nice and stress-free vacation for the next weeks. I hope you will find some time to fix the startup process after that :-).

At all: It's sad that there's nothing i can do except waiting. I would like to get MRC on an exchange either in blackcoin or monero market. How is that possible?

LOL, who appointed you to say if "community" will or will not provide feature like multipool..

And yet again, there is working and reliable exchange, check MRC/BTC on poloniex.
Activity: 6
Mine wallet load blocks nearly 250 000 and stop,I close and re-open the wallet give erro can´t load index blocks...and this is my third time trying...do u have a way for update blocks downloading?Not automatic manually?I want try this coin but impossible if not updating correctly automatic.  Cry
Activity: 3
Is there a working dev?
Activity: 459
Merit: 250
Is there working block explorer?
Vlad2Vlad: There will be no multipool in the next time. I think there will never be a multipool.

CaptEmulation: It's always great what you are doing here. Have a nice and stress-free vacation for the next weeks. I hope you will find some time to fix the startup process after that :-).

At all: It's sad that there's nothing i can do except waiting. I would like to get MRC on an exchange either in blackcoin or monero market. How is that possible?
legendary
Activity: 3052
Merit: 1534
www.ixcoin.net

So when is the multipool coming?
Activity: 134
Merit: 100
Caching hashes for the block index did not substantially improve block load time.  Will see about doing some real profiling.  I am at least familiar now with the start-up process.
netris: In my opinion multipool is not a good idea at this time. It's better to strenghten the microCoin network itself.
What do you think about starting dedicated multipool for microcoin? Based on X13 or X15 algos and with withdrawals in MRC.

BTW. current diff is 0.00067823 and it means that there is a lot more hashpower in the network.
aikklond: I'm right there with you - i don't understand why poloniex removed it from ltc market and then closed the market, but still lists it on btc market. How can we tell them to change it to XMR market? Personally i would like to have a blackcoin market Grin. And i want to add that it is no shame that microCoin is not more listed on mintpal. For the future i anyway prefer MRC market on alcurEX Smiley.

P.S. I started mining again. I wondered why anonymous is running so much hashpower on that single coin, so i decided to mine myself a little bit, too.
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

I think we should press for XMR market in poloniex... what do you people think?
soon heading towards 1 latoshi, expecting 1 shibetoshi
What are you talking about? We still have MRC/ BTC pair. MRC on Poloniex is still alive. -> https://poloniex.com/exchange/btc_mrc
Only what we need is some innovations.. or simply some useful features.

Last trade on poloniex was in mid-june ....

Lets play in "troll or asshole"...

2014-07-30 18:43:25   Buy   0.00000001   1030000   0.0103
2014-07-23 15:35:56   Buy   0.00000001   87066   0.00087066
2014-07-23 12:20:39   Buy   0.00000001   10000   0.0001
2014-07-10 08:07:12   Buy   0.00000001   11017   0.00011017
2014-07-07 13:10:38   Buy   0.00000001   10000   0.0001
2014-07-02 20:14:09   Buy   0.00000001   1732370   0.0173237
2014-07-02 09:12:33   Buy   0.00000001   180000   0.0018
2014-07-02 00:21:37   Buy   0.00000001   700000   0.007
2014-07-01 20:31:23   Buy   0.00000001   132489   0.00132489

Tell us, someone pays you for disinformation?
Activity: 588
very dead very yes such shame such 1 shibetoshi soon
Activity: 248
Merit: 250
soon heading towards 1 latoshi, expecting 1 shibetoshi
What are you talking about? We still have MRC/ BTC pair. MRC on Poloniex is still alive. -> https://poloniex.com/exchange/btc_mrc
Only what we need is some innovations.. or simply some useful features.

Last trade on poloniex was in mid-june ....
Ok, thanks for testing. So my question: Is there a function to tell the client on startup to skip scanning all the blocks or to skip that what takes so much time? Can the wallet be used as a "lite wallet" without all the blockchain or so? Thank you.

I think I have a handle on why the loading is so slow.  Since microcoin is based (however loosely) on Bitcoin-Qt, it has a full blockchain and creates an index in memory during the "Loading Block Index" phase.  I imagine for security sake, the hashes of the blocks do not appear to be stored in the blkindex.dat, which maps location of blocks in the blknnnn.dat files.  Thusly, while loading the block index in memory, the hashes of all blocks are calculated.  For Scrypt-jane at high N-factor, this takes thousands of times longer than a SHA256d hash and is the reason why start-up time is slow.

My proposal is to go ahead and save the hashes in the blkindex.dat file alongside the index and simply load from the db.  This requires a few considerations/possibilities: 1) update-in-place an old blkindex.dat file 2) require blockchain be discarded and re-downloaded 3) offer a command line option to to hash validation 4) spawn a thread to check the hashes after loading from disk, and report any errors later.

For a full node, calculating the hashes is important because it validates the block chain has not been tampered with.  However, due to the complexity of Scrypt-jane with modified N-factor, we need to cache the hashes in order to be able to start quickly.

With that in mind, I do think I can put together a solution specific for this issue, without all of the coin control, multi-wallet and multi-sig changes I have been analyzing separately.  However, I promise no time frame because I have many other things on my plate and because summer vacation.
Ok, thanks for testing. So my question: Is there a function to tell the client on startup to skip scanning all the blocks or to skip that what takes so much time? Can the wallet be used as a "lite wallet" without all the blockchain or so? Thank you.
You are correct, I can confirm that after sweeping my MRC wallet, the start-up time remains the same.  Oh well, it will at least improve runtime performance.
Wallet startup time is exponential proportional with the current number of blocks. I've checked that today with a new wallet (without any transactions). So in my view the number of transactions is not relevant or only has a small influence on startup time.

CaptEmulation: Thank you that you will test the "sweeping" of transactions.
Pages:
Jump to: