Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] microCoin MRC - alcurEX - Scrypt-Jane - nFactor - page 11. (Read 374699 times)

Activity: 134
Merit: 100
Some weeks ago, there was a guy who said that he can fix the wallet startup problems. Is he still here? We need him. I will donate him plenty for fixing that problem. Please tell me if you are able to do that. Thank you.

Hi, that was me.  I didn't claim I could fix MRC start-up, only that I was working on a similar problem for another old alt-coin wallet (Lebowskis/LBW).  I have a branch of Lebowskis with many v0.8.x Bitcoin fixes applied.  It was a lot of work, and I do have everything compiling and linking.  There is new start-up code applied, and I am currently throwing an assert in there causing the application to quit immediately.  My hope was that once I was able to get these patches to work there I would also try to apply them to MRC.  This is unlikely to happen for a few weeks at best, namely because I'll be doing some summer vacation soon.

On a related note, for both LBW and MRC-- wallets with many transactions also experience additional slowness in the form of the wallet beginning to take 100% of single CPU.  This is due to wallet verifying new blocks/transactions vs thousands of private keys.  New wallets handle this more efficiently, but still ultimately also need to carry out the comparisons.  I had this LBW wallet with about ~14,000 transactions which besides being pegged at 100% CPU usage, first slowed down then stopped functioning (beyond expected timeouts).  I had not ever done this before, but I needed to "Sweep" all of my transactions from the wallet.  I did it all the coding myself, and that wallet took 7 or 8 full-block-sized transactions, but I was able to get it done and now the wallet is purring along at 10-20% CPU usage, which is reasonable for an active wallet.

So, for anyone having troubles with wallet with lots of transactions-- you need to sweep those transaction into one giant block, which will reduce the overhead of the wallet and marginally increase start-up time as well.  Here is what I used: https://github.com/CaptEmulation/bitcoin-rpc-sweep.  I have not tested on MRC, but it should work with any bitcoin RPC.  I'll test it with MRC later today.

legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1006
Hi guys,

Do you know how to deposit MRC on Alcurex ? All I have on the "finance page" once logged in is a QR code that doesn't produce any effect. No deposit address is shown in the usual text format 1Ai7......
And when I try to generate a new address, nothing happens (I'm using Chrome).

Thanks for your help !

We are change servers from US to EU and need to make new servers.
MRC and CENT wallets are still on progress.

We copy old wallet on new server, so old address are valid.
Activity: 600
Merit: 500
Hi,

for problems just use the chatbox of alcurEX. It's been always the fastest way for me and i got all problems solved in time.
Activity: 23
Merit: 0
Hi,
1. You should ask in Alcurex topic
2. Scandinavians likes to take one-month-long summer-holidays, so it is highly possible that your question will stay without response for a while.. Tongue
Activity: 22
Hi guys,

Do you know how to deposit MRC on Alcurex ? All I have on the "finance page" once logged in is a QR code that doesn't produce any effect. No deposit address is shown in the usual text format 1Ai7......
And when I try to generate a new address, nothing happens (I'm using Chrome).

Thanks for your help !
Hi. I'm still here holding 300 million coins Grin. I would be able to manage this coin and give daily updates if i had someone to do the coding. It would be my biggest wish to do some management here. I gave instructions to halibit and he thanked me for that. I hope he can change something in the near future. In my view, the biggest problem is the "pennies" coin in mrc market which is absolutely worthless. The wallet didn't even sync correctly on my pc when i tried it Shocked.

Currently i'm only cpu mining (pentium g3220) because i can't afford mining with 1000 or something watts of power usage anymore.
But i still have 2 R9 270 left which can be used again if needed.

Some weeks ago, there was a guy who said that he can fix the wallet startup problems. Is he still here? We need him. I will donate him plenty for fixing that problem. Please tell me if you are able to do that. Thank you.

Edit: What was the name of the guy? I don't find his last post again.

with kind regards,
randywald
Activity: 23
soon heading towards 1 latoshi, expecting 1 shibetoshi
What are you talking about? We still have MRC/ BTC pair. MRC on Poloniex is still alive. -> https://poloniex.com/exchange/btc_mrc
Only what we need is some innovations.. or simply some useful features.

We need holders to animate or stimulate this coin. BTW. Guys from FINLAND sucks! They are simply unreliable Sad - OR SHOW US THAT WE ARE WRONG!
Activity: 795
Merit: 503
Activity: 248
Merit: 250
finally some MRC action on alcurEX
Activity: 156
Merit: 100
Guido
goodbye mintpal...!!! tell for habilit and MRC in bahamas!!!
Activity: 248
Merit: 250
I was a big supporter as well.
I wonder if i should sell out all i have left for pennies or move them to alcureX. Looking at the volumes at alcurEX i wonder if it makes any sense at all.
Activity: 519
Wow randywald is a huge MRC supporter and to see him giving up should make the devs realize they need to change something. More communication and updates on what is going on, ask for help from the community if you need. I don't own too much MRC but I am part of the Alcurex shareholders and starting to get disappointed in the progress. You guys raised 70 btc in shares, could have hired some competent people to make the exchange but cheaped out and they left a mess that halibit has slowly been fixing. If the exchange would have gone well you still had another ~70k shares to sell which would have been great profit as interest would rise and they would become more valuable.
Yes Andreban, alcurEX looks very good but people are bored because work on exchange is sometimes a bit faltering and updates are not beeing transmitted regularly.

Alltogether i think LTC markets have no future because LTC is not doing well at the moment. So it's no big setback when mintpal removes MRC from LTC market.

I totally agree with Little_boo that we need XMR and MRC markets for success. MRC is valuable if there's enough support.

Edit: I stop mining now. Maybe i come back with 1 or 2 R9 270 if devs care about MRC again.

With kind regards,
randywald
Activity: 8
alcurEX make attractive sites out there to trade up
LTC is die too. We need xmr/mcr market.

Very sad that the developers did not do anything to maintain coins. Recently, it was on ozhilenie and could go into growth. Now you can simply remove the wallet and forget.
MintPal removing MicroCoin 30th July. Better sell out now Smiley
this is bad news, I was hoping for a revival of the coin. Sad
If i sell my coins now, the price will be at 1 nano-litoshi Angry.

So halibit and imaginary MCR (and not to forget imaginary alcurEX_flo), what are you doing all day long? MCR is not even capable to insert latest link for block explorer on first page. Unbelievable.
Activity: 938
Merit: 1000
Even no node to connect to the network and the dev won't even care. Haizz.  Undecided
Activity: 938

MRC is around at very low latoshi range for a while. This coin is dying. Too bad the dev doesn't even care or takes action to rescue it. My 200mil MRCs won't even worth any now.
legendary
Activity: 1036
Pages:
Jump to: