Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] microCoin MRC - alcurEX - Scrypt-Jane - nFactor - page 8. (Read 374699 times)

Activity: 600
Merit: 500
I'm wondering if we need  new thread / annoucement about MRC2 and to keep this one as an archive for MRC (scrypt-jane) coin.
What do you think about that?
I think a new thread is absolutely needed for better clearness so that users which didn't show interest in microCoin over the summer and come back later will immediately see that it has been updated. Also i would say we need a totally new 1st page with updated informations in general.
Activity: 23
Merit: 0
I'm wondering if we need  new thread / annoucement about MRC2 and to keep this one as an archive for MRC (scrypt-jane) coin.
What do you think about that?
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1006
microCoin version 2.0 update

After one month there will be around 30850000000 old microCoins.
This coins can change to new microCoins with price 1 MRC = 1 New MRC.
After all 30850000000 coins are sold, old microCoin network is not valid anymore.
So we have about one month time to change old microCoins.

New microCoin network:
First 100 blocks 3085000 MRC. (For exchange old microCoins)
5000 PoW blocks with stable 1000MRC/block reward.

microCoin Stake:
10% annual stake. (blocks <= 90000)
after that, 0.1% annual stake forever. (blocks > 90000)

Algo: X13
Block time: 1 minute
Stake min time: 24hours
Stake max time: 30 days
Coin mature time: 50 blocks

New wallet will be ready tomorrow.

Please note. Before you update new wallet, send all your old network microCoins in you alcurEX exchange wallet.
After you install new wallet, you are not available use old microCoin wallet anymore in same computer.
(Because it will use same roaming folder)

How to update wallet:
1. Send all your old microCoins in your alcurEX account
2. close your old microCoin wallet
3. Delete or rename your microCoin roaming folder manually,
(or run rename_old_wallet.bat file. It will rename your microcoin folder to microcoin_old).

New microCoin is named microCoin2 (MRC2) on the alcurEX as long as we change micros.
Anyway, official name is still microCoin (MRC) and will be change as soon as old microCoin is delisted.

Looks fine, i dont understand the 3,5 days pow-phase that generates only 5 Million coins, but no big deal anyway.
Looking forward to get rid of this old monster wallet :-).

Edit: Thank you for taking number of total coins down, we have at least a chance now to get the price up again.
I bet also there will not be more than 25/31 billion coins exchanged.
All 30850000000 will be exchanged. There is ~1 month time period to change old microCoins. If some one miss it.
Anyone can mine old microCoins more and change it on MRC/MRC2 market as far as there is coins left.
3,5 days pow period is made only to get PoS start. Few hundreds blocks is enaf, but I think if some one start miner for that, can mining few days.

legendary
harihebat, Wallet 2.1.1.3 should work.

http://microcoin.alcurex.info/wallets-and-tools/
@randy,
Oh ok.... Thanks,  i thought that wallet for mrc2 only since that wallet have number "2" on it..  Smiley
Yes it is confusing. I forgot we already use 2.... version number.
Any way, new wallet will be on server today (version 2.2.0.1), and I will mark old wallet so everyone know cleary which is new one.
New network will use first letter m, so you can't send your coins in wrong chain.
I will left old wallet also, some one other may need it too.

Remember, you can mine old coins and change it as long as there is coins left in MRC/MRC2 market.
It think old one have better block reward and 32sec block time, but new one start with low difficulty.
Activity: 84
Merit: 10

@randy,
Oh ok.... Thanks,  i thought that wallet for mrc2 only since that wallet have number "2" on it..  Smiley

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

After all 30850000000 coins are sold, old microCoin network is not valid anymore.

New microCoin network:

microCoin Stake:

Please note. Before you update new wallet, send all your old network microCoins in you alcurEX exchange wallet.
After you install new wallet, you are not available use old microCoin wallet anymore in same computer.

How to update wallet:
(or run rename_old_wallet.bat file. It will rename your microcoin folder to microcoin_old).

New microCoin is named microCoin2 (MRC2) on the alcurEX as long as we change micros.
Anyway, official name is still microCoin (MRC) and will be change as soon as old microCoin is delisted.

Hi,
I have some mrc on wallet.dat, but don't have old mrc wallet, do you still have link to old wallet for me to transfer my old mrc to alcurex? Coz i see in OP only link for mrc2 wallet
Activity: 434
Merit: 250

New microCoin network:

microCoin Stake:

How to update wallet:

Looks fine, i dont understand the 3,5 days pow-phase that generates only 5 Million coins, but no big deal anyway.
Looking forward to get rid of this old monster wallet :-).

Edit: Thank you for taking number of total coins down, we have at least a chance now to get the price up again.
I bet also there will not be more than 25/31 billion coins exchanged.
hi all,
will be POS implemented too?
Yes, X13 and PoS Grin. After mining period it's a pure PoS coin Smiley.
legendary

New microCoin network:

microCoin Stake:

How to update wallet:

Activity: 23
Merit: 0
hi all,
will be POS implemented too?
Very good. My coins are already waiting Cheesy. I'm really wondering how much coins we will have as total supply after that 1 month changing period Smiley.
Very nice, Thanks for the update  Grin.
legendary
Like to inform you about microCoin update.

New microCoin 2.0 will be ready on this weekend.

alcurEX will open market where old microCoins can change to the new one with 1:1 rate.

Old MRC Market will close after current money supply + one month mining coins are changed.
So, there will be at least one month time to change old coins.

After that, old microCoins are not valid anymore.

I will tell more details on later.
Halibit, thanks for taking this step and bringing microcoin to PoS.

Have you already begun and chosen what coin you will take as code base?
Not yet.
I will looking if there is some pos coin already running smoothly with large moneysupply as micro have.
If you or anyone now that kind of coin, let me now.

Do we want fancy wallet design or just regular QT?

basic wallet should be enough, but has to work fast and reliable

i vote for a new coin, no hard fork.
let people exchange mcr for micro2.0 at alcurex, could increase alcurex popularity.
please limit amount of time for exchange to 3-6 months max, so we get a defined money supply and more actively used coins in the network.

Some more parameters i would choose:

StakeTime: Min 1 day, Max 30-60 days.
Stake%: 15 (year 1) / 10 (year 2) / 5 (till CAP)
CAP: Think about lowering the CAP to 50,000,000,000 - 75,000,000,000 decide it after coin exchange is over and we know how many coins are the micro 2.0 stake base amount.

If you look for active developed and modern wallets with lare supply and stake look for mintcoin or ecccoin. If it has to be stake only look for blackcoin, i dont think money supply really matters.
Hi halibit,

please look at reddcoin.com. This coin has two types of wallets. The first one is standard and the second one is "fancy" and with more functions. I really like it.

Reddcoin Core 1.3.1.2 (Standard QT wallet)
ReddWallet 1.1.1 (Reddcoin full experience)

Some more informations: It's PoS Velocity, currently arround 27 Billion coins and interest rate is 5 percent.
https://www.coingecko.com/en/coins/reddcoin

I think it could be a good template for microCoin with almost the same current amount of coins.
legendary

Not yet.
I will looking if there is some pos coin already running smoothly with large moneysupply as micro have.
If you or anyone now that kind of coin, let me now.

Do we want fancy wallet design or just regular QT?

legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1007
Live like there is no tomorrow!
Sounds great to make it a pure PoS coin Wink.

It indeed really takes long for the wallet to load, a newer wallet is appreciated here. Maybe this "switch" is going to bring Microcoin back 2 life.
legendary
Hi halibit,

in consideration of the current value i would definitely say that POS is the way to go. Mining would only be usable if we change moneysupply per block.

So what interest rate do you want to use or how do you calculate rewards per user? Fully mined coins have low interest rates (of about 1%) which means that we need a much higher rate to "mine" the remaining coins and to make microCoin interesting again.

Maybe CaptEmulation could help when he comes back from holidays?

Edit: Seems like i overlooked that you have already arrived a decision Smiley.
and yes I like to hear what Capt have to say. He is most active micro dev and I will waiting him.
Any eta when he is coming back?
Pages:
Jump to: