Author

Topic: [ANN] microCoin MRC - alcurEX - Scrypt-Jane - nFactor - page 124. (Read 374702 times)

MCR
Activity: 266
Merit: 250
We have found block #124,000 by solomining and the blockchain seems to be working fine. Please update to the latest wallet.
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
So it's good now to mine again on pools? And to update the wallet do i need to make a backup of wallet? or just copy the new wallet?
Activity: 120
Looks like we got block 124000
Activity: 126
I can't solo mine ...

I am using the patched wallet, but neither with the QT client nor bitcoind can I connect to my miner.

I'm running ubuntu. I'm able to telnet to my qt / bitcoind (so it's running and has its port open) but then nothing happen.

Pool owners, did you encountered this problem ?
Activity: 392
Ok thanks, I'll go over as soon as they are ready then.
MCR
So problem is fixed?
Possibly. We need miners to go to blocksolved pool once they finish updating to test if the fix works or not.
Activity: 300
4mnth old Miner :-)
When 124.000 will be mined? Smiley
Pools must update and then?

free for all - rush to mine again  Grin
Activity: 392
So problem is fixed?
Activity: 61
Merit: 10
Soon...

{
"blocks" : 123999,
"currentblocksize" : 4213,
"currentblocktx" : 3,
"difficulty" : 4.02491678,
"errors" : ".",
"generate" : false,
"genproclimit" : -1,
"hashespersec" : 0,
"pooledtx" : 3,
"testnet" : false
}

The diff is high, and it takes time for the miners to return.
Activity: 560
Merit: 500
When 124.000 will be mined? Smiley
Pools must update and then?
Ok, it was fast. And the diff is high, so it wont be a problem.
Activity: 126
What you should do, is to fix the PoS and the checkpoint both, and set the 124000 for a random value (and dont tell it before the release).

Thats important, because if you only fix that hardcoded checkpoint, someone can stream out his alone mined version of blockchain, in case if he built his own client before.

You cannot use a random value ...

The best would be indeed for the dev to
1) remove the checkpoint from the code
2) find itself the next block
3) add the checkpoint for this new block on the code
4) distribute the new version

But not much time was given for someone to generate manyblocks, so it should be ok ... We will see if the chain size increases by a number of blocks or not
Do NOT PANIC guys  Wink
Just wait, not stupid sell.
MRC will be on coinmarket - look what coinM did with mintcoin price:)
MRC will be above 12 sato at coinM I think.

Hi bro, how do you know coinmarket will add MRC?

Well just guess; good volume, raising popularity; it's not info but my guess:)
What you should do, is to fix the PoS and the checkpoint both, and set the 124000 for a random value (and dont tell it before the release).

Thats important, because if you only fix that hardcoded checkpoint, someone can stream out his alone mined version of blockchain, in case if he built his own client before.
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
Do NOT PANIC guys  Wink

Hi bro, how do you know coinmarket will add MRC?
MCR
Please update to the latest microCoin wallet. This update is mandatory and older clients will not work anymore.

Sourcecode:
https://github.com/microcoinsource/microcoin

Windows wallet:
http://www19.zippyshare.com/v/62125419/file.html
Activity: 182
The dump is on at poloniex ....

yes dumping has commenced, I have no coins on the exchange all are in my wallet so I cant sell.
yet you can buy some more Smiley

lol im actually waiting for ltc to crash on btc-e so I could use it to buy more MRC, only problem is the price of MRC has risen much more then ltc has fallen so im back at point A lol. I was thinking of spending 50ltc for 50Mil MRC just a few days ago but didn't pull the trigger due to increasing block rewards, but I wish I had bought up until this lil prob we're having tonight
Activity: 98
The dump is on at poloniex ....

How so?  Sell prices are still at .00000200, which is near the high for the week

buy volume is shutting down so dump is on
Activity: 308
So is there an ETA on this?  It's 2:30 am and I need to get some sleep, but don't want to miss a giant goldrush when the servers come back online.  Maybe you should set the block rewards to 0 for a few hundred blocks, just to get everyone time to get back on?

There wont be a gold rush because the diff retargets every block so it could jump from 0 to 4 if all the miners return anyway.

But they won't return right away is the point.  The hashrate will be 1/10 of what it's been lately because people will not know yet that they can return to the coin.  Massive payouts can generally be expected for the next several hours after it comes back online.
Do NOT PANIC guys  Wink
Jump to: