Author

Topic: [ANN] microCoin MRC - alcurEX - Scrypt-Jane - nFactor - page 136. (Read 374702 times)

Activity: 434
Merit: 250
Been searching and searching without finding so I guess I'll throw myself to the sharks and ask what has most likely already been asked:

Did anyone encounter microcoin.exe crash on the very first launch? I literally downloaded the wallet a few hours ago and followed the not so advance readme file. But when I try to launch either microcoin.exe or microcoin_old_port444.exe it just says "microcoin.exe has stopped working".

What to do?
Check can you start it without .conf file. Maybe you have something wrong there.
Fail type in conf file is most common reason for crash.

Tried to delete it, tried to delete entire folder, tried to uninstall some programs. I had the same problem with Yacoin, but I managed to solve it by downloading an old wallet of theirs, and run "yacoind.exe" (DOS server) which populated the folder in /appdata/ with wallet.dat etc. After that the new Yacoin wallet worked.

But Microcoin does not.

Here's from debug.log

Code:
microCoin version v1.1.1.0-gunit-beta (187)
Using OpenSSL version OpenSSL 1.0.1e 11 Feb 2013
Startup time: 02/13/14 10:35:30

Default data directory C:\Users\arch\AppData\Roaming\microCoin
Used data directory C:\Users\arch\AppData\Roaming\microCoin
dbenv.open LogDir=C:\Users\arch\AppData\Roaming\microCoin\database ErrorFile=C:\Users\arch\AppData\Roaming\microCoin\db.log
Bound to [::]:3232
Bound to 0.0.0.0:3232
Loading block index...

And crashmessage from both yacoin and microcoin

Could be a problem with DEP.

try Start --> Run --> CMD (as admin) and enter:

bcdedit.exe /set {current} nx AlwaysOff

Reboot the PC an test again.
Activity: 19
Merit: 0
Been searching and searching without finding so I guess I'll throw myself to the sharks and ask what has most likely already been asked:

Did anyone encounter microcoin.exe crash on the very first launch? I literally downloaded the wallet a few hours ago and followed the not so advance readme file. But when I try to launch either microcoin.exe or microcoin_old_port444.exe it just says "microcoin.exe has stopped working".

What to do?
Check can you start it without .conf file. Maybe you have something wrong there.
Fail type in conf file is most common reason for crash.

Tried to delete it, tried to delete entire folder, tried to uninstall some programs. I had the same problem with Yacoin, but I managed to solve it by downloading an old wallet of theirs, and run "yacoind.exe" (DOS server) which populated the folder in /appdata/ with wallet.dat etc. After that the new Yacoin wallet worked.

But Microcoin does not.

Here's from debug.log

Code:
microCoin version v1.1.1.0-gunit-beta (187)
Using OpenSSL version OpenSSL 1.0.1e 11 Feb 2013
Startup time: 02/13/14 10:35:30

Default data directory C:\Users\arch\AppData\Roaming\microCoin
Used data directory C:\Users\arch\AppData\Roaming\microCoin
dbenv.open LogDir=C:\Users\arch\AppData\Roaming\microCoin\database ErrorFile=C:\Users\arch\AppData\Roaming\microCoin\db.log
Bound to [::]:3232
Bound to 0.0.0.0:3232
Loading block index...

And crashmessage from both yacoin and microcoin

http://s22.postimg.org/ibn9ff5u5/Namnl_s.jpg
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
Thinking about selling a Scrypt Rig for Microcoin is anyone interested in buy? I should probably wait till after the high block rewards are gone but wth make an offer!!! Grin
Activity: 56
Assuming you're in windows, your wallet should be in the folder C:\Users\\AppData\Roaming\Microcoin\

Navigate there and copy wallet.dat to a safe place. If you can't see the AppData folder then you need to turn on hidden files and folders. Google it if you don't know how to do that (I don't remember exactly where it is and it's slightly different for different windows versions).

Now you need to find the folder with the microcoin.exe file. Don't navigate into the folder, rather hold down shift and right-click on the folder, then in the menu click 'Command prompt here'. You'll get a command window open. Type microcoin.exe -salvagewallet and press enter.
+1
Activity: 392
Assuming you're in windows, your wallet should be in the folder C:\Users\\AppData\Roaming\Microcoin\

Navigate there and copy wallet.dat to a safe place. If you can't see the AppData folder then you need to turn on hidden files and folders. Google it if you don't know how to do that (I don't remember exactly where it is and it's slightly different for different windows versions).

Now you need to find the folder with the microcoin.exe file. Don't navigate into the folder, rather hold down shift and right-click on the folder, then in the menu click 'Command prompt here'. You'll get a command window open. Type microcoin.exe -salvagewallet and press enter.
Mr. V

Backup your wallet first just in case something goes awry.  Then start the client from the command line with the -salvagewallet command tag (ie microcoin.exe -salvagewallet).  It takes a while but it gets you back all the coins from sent transactions that got stuck in limbo.

have no idea how to do that lol Is there a tutorial on this?
Activity: 56
Oh my gosh... Few hours out of here and network speed is double.
micro rules  Cheesy
wow you mined a lot of mrc~in millions~
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1006
Oh my gosh... Few hours out of here and network speed is double.
micro rules  Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 912
Merit: 1000
Mr. V

Backup your wallet first just in case something goes awry.  Then start the client from the command line with the -salvagewallet command tag (ie microcoin.exe -salvagewallet).  It takes a while but it gets you back all the coins from sent transactions that got stuck in limbo.
Can someone help me clear the recent transaction on my wallet its irritating me already. I had a transaction stuck there since January 10th and it never went away. I have over 100k in recent transactions just sitting under the recent transaction for to long
Activity: 71
Merit: 10
sounds like a plan
Microcoin is on http://www.worldcoinindex.com/

Now we just gotta get added to coinmarketcap and take over this cryptoworld
Activity: 378

What to do?

Mine crashed, I had to delete everything except wallet.dat and microcoin.conf in the appdata folder and redownload the entire blockchain....that fixed it, just don't delete your wallet, lol

legendary
Activity: 1036
Definitely agree with the above points - this distribution model ensures that the coin will land in a large number of peoples wallets. This ensures that massive dumping does not occur from one or two whales and helps stabilize the coins value.

I think we need to focus on the marketing of this coin to ensure its success as it already has the best of breed technical and distribution qualities. Only thing that's left is some smart marketing and attaining some big services to support the coin and the rest will be taken care of.

I really don't see why this coin can't be in the top 5 in 6 months time. I am mining and definitely will be holding for the future.
Activity: 308
The best thing to do is have this hit a major exchange just as it's going over the tipping point.  Everyone will start mining, and as the rewards get lower, the price will increase.  Hit the exchanges too early and early miners lose out.  Hit the exchanges too late and it just looks like a shitcoin.
Activity: 71
Merit: 10
ya the nfactor chart was posted in the last week, I think around page 100-105? I could go look   edit: I think page 94, assuming its not yacoins, but im pretty sure it is MRC,dates look right anyway...    Time: 1389474171 12 Jan 2014 N: 64 Nfactor: 5
    Time: 1389736315 15 Jan 2014 N: 128 Nfactor: 6
    Time: 1389998459 18 Jan 2014 N: 256 Nfactor: 7
    Time: 1390784891 27 Jan 2014 N: 512 Nfactor: 8
    Time: 1391047035 30 Jan 2014 N: 1024 Nfactor: 9
    Time: 1393144187 23 Feb 2014 N: 2048 Nfactor: 10
    Time: 1394192763  7 Mar 2014 N: 4096 Nfactor: 11
    Time: 1397338491 13 Apr 2014 N: 8192 Nfactor: 12                      
    Time: 1401532795 31 May 2014 N: 16384 Nfactor: 13
    Time: 1405727099 19 Jun 2014 N: 32768 Nfactor: 14
    Time: 1422504315 29 Jan 2015 N: 65536 Nfactor: 15
    Time: 1430892923  6 May 2015 N: 131072 Nfactor: 16
    Time: 1456058747 21 Feb 2016 N: 262144 Nfactor: 17
    Time: 1489613179 16 Mar 2017 N: 524288 Nfactor: 18
Activity: 28
Yeah I like the ramp up & down too. It's one of the things that attracted me to this coin. And the ramp up should finish after the exchange is open. By my calcs, it should be about 21-22 days before we reach the top of the mountain. Exchange should be open before then...

Also, has anyone worked out or posted an N Factor schedule? If not, I could work it out if needed.
I hope the market demand matches the coin output!!!
legendary
Activity: 912
Guys...

./microCoind getinfo
"moneysupply" : 5102804861.70803547,

2700 blocks a day at ~100,000 coins per block (currently) = 270 million new coins a day. Yes, we are small fish with our millions or tens of millions Smiley

BTW, this will go up to over 400 million per day before it finally starts riding down the other side and finally settles on 2.7 million new coins a day.

Maybe the community can urge the devs to cut the block rewards down to 100-500

I think the current block reward ramp up and ramp down schedule is what makes this coin interesting and fair.  

The ramp up is still attracting new miners happy they haven't missed the boat but early miners are still happy because they got the low N and low diff.  The ramp down occurs once the coin is already active (esp if exchange is open by then) so demand is there and that should have a positive effect on price.
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1006
Maybe the community can urge the devs to cut the block rewards down to 100-500
Hope you are not serious to asking it  Cheesy
Jump to: