Author

Topic: [ANN] microCoin MRC - alcurEX - Scrypt-Jane - nFactor - page 150. (Read 374702 times)

legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1006
I kind of see it as a double edged sword. Either way it could turn out good or bad. Halibit made a good point, but at the same time, I think soon (maybe a week? or 2) VertCoin will be swamped into nothingness for the small miners to turn any profit, so they may divert to the next good thing-MRC. I'm in no rush, except to get ahold of more video cards  Grin
I want too. Even with that network speed I'm on 4.th place... damm pmilev and couple anonymous... Angry
Activity: 71
Merit: 10
I kind of see it as a double edged sword. Either way it could turn out good or bad. Halibit made a good point, but at the same time, I think soon (maybe a week? or 2) VertCoin will be swamped into nothingness for the small miners to turn any profit, so they may divert to the next good thing-MRC. I'm in no rush, except to get ahold of more video cards  Grin
legendary
Well, at the current rate (which hasn't increased with the success of VTC to my surprise) it's about a month out from changing. Which I think is too long in this world of "what's next"... i still don't think it would be such a bad thing for the devs to share their plans, even if they are down the road.

+1
but good to know they have long term plann, even dunno what  Cheesy
Activity: 378
Merit: 250
Well, at the current rate (which hasn't increased with the success of VTC to my surprise) it's about a month out from changing. Which I think is too long in this world of "what's next"... i still don't think it would be such a bad thing for the devs to share their plans, even if they are down the road.

legendary
Halibit.... I never thought about it like that. It's going to be a perfect time for users to buy because the block rewards will be high and the price may drop even lower. It's good for new investors to join us at that time! And there is actually a wider distribution of coins among miners using this strategy as appose to insta-mine because there are over  120 or more little miners minting coins right now. There is no miner with over a 100mh/s right now raping the coin and thats always a good thing. In fact the largest hash rate I see is about 20-25mh/s on the pools
Yes, and... this is first coin ever as far as I know giving for small miners (edit: and early buyers) opportunity to be coin backholder.
(If big miners not start mining this too early)
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
Halibit.... I never thought about it like that. It's going to be a perfect time for users to buy because the block rewards will be high and the price may drop even lower. It's good for new investors to join us at that time! And there is actually a wider distribution of coins among miners using this strategy as appose to insta-mine because there are over  120 or more little miners minting coins right now. There is no miner with over a 100mh/s right now raping the coin and thats always a good thing. In fact the largest hash rate I see is about 20-25mh/s on the pools
Activity: 308
Merit: 100
I realize that you might be getting anxious with no microCoin development as of late. We have already stated that for now we will keep a low profile and start marketing more after the block rewards start descending. There has been lots of time and exposure already so anyone who has not taken the chance to look into microCoin has done so out of their own choice. We are currently working on a project that will most likely be very important for microCoin in the long run and will be something we will also be focusing on. You can be sure that we are still continuing development. We just see this a bad time to announce much. After all, microCoin as a whole is more long-term focused.

I would like to add, this statement could me misconstrued that you are focused on mining and waiting until the rewards start getting low... that just comes across a little on the shady side.

I actually like that strategy.
-microCoin is not hiding. Bitcointalk is first and only place where people looking for new coins, right?
-If people think microCoin have a good future, they can join in. Even with low price and hash.
-Dev is telling on public here, "start marketing more after the block rewards start descending".

I think too, block 160,000 will be good point for promote coin.
Best moment for miningprofit and best moment start invest.
(Now Block reward slowly increase= price may go more down)
On Block 160,000 reward start slowly decreasing= price goes more easy up)
For me this mean like; "start buying when block 160,000 is mined"
edit: and buy all the time when some one dump own coins out  Tongue

Our mining is so profitable because network is still low (because not many whales believe this coin right now)
This is not hiding, but why promote coin right now? Those people who believe this coin, already mining it.

But new wallet and homepage, yes please  Smiley

That would be a fine strategy, and I'd support it 100%, if it wasn't for the fact that we're already on 2 "exchanges", and the going rate is roughly 1/3 of what you get mining doge and then simply buying MRC (which is what I'm doing).  In many people's mind this puts this in the "shitcoin" pile, and that's likely where it will stay if nothing is done about it.  People are on a kick over beating ASICs right now, and this is the perfect time to strike.  Also, the big "secret project" thing does not fill me with confidence.

I know I sound like I'm hating on this coin but I really, really want it to succeed.  This is the fairest launch I've ever seen, but its time to step up and have our turn at the big exchanges, before it's too late and the coin fades into obscurity.
legendary
I realize that you might be getting anxious with no microCoin development as of late. We have already stated that for now we will keep a low profile and start marketing more after the block rewards start descending. There has been lots of time and exposure already so anyone who has not taken the chance to look into microCoin has done so out of their own choice. We are currently working on a project that will most likely be very important for microCoin in the long run and will be something we will also be focusing on. You can be sure that we are still continuing development. We just see this a bad time to announce much. After all, microCoin as a whole is more long-term focused.

I would like to add, this statement could me misconstrued that you are focused on mining and waiting until the rewards start getting low... that just comes across a little on the shady side.

I actually like that strategy.
-microCoin is not hiding. Bitcointalk is first and only place where people looking for new coins, right?
-If people think microCoin have a good future, they can join in. Even with low price and hash.
-Dev is telling on public here, "start marketing more after the block rewards start descending".

I think too, block 160,000 will be good point for promote coin.
Best moment for miningprofit and best moment start invest.
(Now Block reward slowly increase= price may go more down)
On Block 160,000 reward start slowly decreasing= price goes more easy up)
For me this mean like; "start buying when block 160,000 is mined"
edit: and buy all the time when some one dump own coins out  Tongue

Our mining is so profitable because network is still low (because not many whales believe this coin right now)
This is not hiding, but why promote coin right now? Those people who believe this coin, already mining it.

But new wallet and homepage, yes please  Smiley
legendary
sorry to change topics, but being noob as my name states, I just wanna be sure I backup my wallet correctly. There is no wallet.dat file right? So, not knowing what to do I just backed up my whole MRC.qt folder (and my mrc miner folder too lol) . What is the correct way to back up my MicroCoin wallet?

No, there's a wallet dat file, if you're on a PC, it's located:

C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\microcoin

Ya apparently I didn't read the readme before I started. I also installed mrc.qt to Desktop, and in my C:/users/ there is no appdata folder, no roaming. I did the copy bat file thing from readme and still no appdata folder or roaming. So I used the Backup Wallet function from the MicroCoin.qt file menu, and it saved as a .dat, will that suffice as backing up my wallet? (Strange how I cant find any wallet.dat on my whole pc....)
appdata is hidden system folder. You need to Set your explorer -Tools - Folder options - View settings to show hidden files. (You can see Tools menu by pressing ALT key on "Windows explorer" window)
Anyway, you make your wallet backup right.
sorry to change topics, but being noob as my name states, I just wanna be sure I backup my wallet correctly. There is no wallet.dat file right? So, not knowing what to do I just backed up my whole MRC.qt folder (and my mrc miner folder too lol) . What is the correct way to back up my MicroCoin wallet?

Ya apparently I didn't read the readme before I started. I also installed mrc.qt to Desktop, and in my C:/users/ there is no appdata folder, no roaming. I did the copy bat file thing from readme and still no appdata folder or roaming. So I used the Backup Wallet function from the MicroCoin.qt file menu, and it saved as a .dat, will that suffice as backing up my wallet? (Strange how I cant find any wallet.dat on my whole pc....)
Activity: 854
Merit: 1000
Final post of the day for the devs, if you are working on stuff, i think it's at least worth taking a look at how VTC handled the fork once it started getting attention and miners:

-Fork to Kimoto Gravity Well difficulty adjustment at block 26754 (Around midday UTC on 1st February 2014)
-Implement new N-factor schedule

Maybe the Kimoto put them over the top, i dunno.
KGW or a like innovation is something I look for in all new coins.
Final post of the day for the devs, if you are working on stuff, i think it's at least worth taking a look at how VTC handled the fork once it started getting attention and miners:

-Fork to Kimoto Gravity Well difficulty adjustment at block 26754 (Around midday UTC on 1st February 2014)
-Implement new N-factor schedule

Maybe the Kimoto put them over the top, i dunno.

I fear alienating a lot of people who, when the coin starts to get publicity, will say how the block reward is already falling and 'x' coins have been farmed already by 'y' number of people so its disproportioned. I also think more people involved now wouldn't hurt much, now that Nfactor is gaining recognition. I fear that the "no premine,instamine" will come back to bite us if we have posts here saying we are keeping it on the downlow, basically mining it with however many people there are now till we or someone gets a great portion. that kinda contradicts the no premine/instamine right?

Well, I don't agree that Vert had a lot of hype. I started mining both VTC and this around the same time. Mainly because I liked the concepts behind the nFactor stuff vs. the clone coins that were (are) saturating the market. I felt like there's some value to mine both coins at that point.

With that said, even though MRC was "first to market", they've had a steadier growth (obviously). I think in part because the devs fostered the community a bit more. I mean if you look at their page:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/vertcoin-first-scrypt-n-first-stealth-address-privacy-without-mixer-404364

The marketing part of the coin is REALLY well done, i.e the web site, social media, etc.

In my opinion, the devs should be building the brand more than staying in private with their plans.

Regardless, i'll keep throwing my speculative mining time at MRC.

legendary
Activity: 2002
Merit: 1051
ICO? Not even once.
I fear alienating a lot of people who, when the coin starts to get publicity, will say how the block reward is already falling and 'x' coins have been farmed already by 'y' number of people so its disproportioned. I also think more people involved now wouldn't hurt much, now that Nfactor is gaining recognition. I fear that the "no premine,instamine" will come back to bite us if we have posts here saying we are keeping it on the downlow, basically mining it with however many people there are now till we or someone gets a great portion. that kinda contradicts the no premine/instamine right?

Nicely put.
Activity: 779
Merit: 502

My point exactly.  Smiley
Activity: 779
Merit: 502

You don't need to market the coin. But not putting up the webpage is just stupid, and it might backfire and bring a lot of scam accusations if the coin get attention on a later stage (like quark suddenly did).

well the scam accusations will not stick for sure this is the slowest increasing block reward mined coin in crypto history and the initial block reward started at .001... the good thing right now is that the coin is distributed among a bunch of miners instead of just a few whales, so it would take a group of miners to dump their coins to kill prices unlike the usual single whale dump. I and other microcoiners sure don't plan on dumping this coin so future adopters should see it as a positive

The 10k first blocks and the fair launch was great. But the fact is that a very big portion of the total amount of microcoins will be mined the first 12 months. Compare the percent of total coins mined in year 1 for bitcoin and microcoin and you will see what i mean.

If you are afraid of big holders you should really want more miners and more publicity. Both will lead to better distribution. The marketprice is around 1 satoshi now (poleniex ltc market), so the price cant get much lower.  Smiley

I hold a few million and dont plan to sell now, and I think that a webpage is vital at this stage. "Hiding" the coin at the forum for a few months is not the way to go if you want to get accepted later on.
Jump to: