Author

Topic: [ANN] microCoin MRC - alcurEX - Scrypt-Jane - nFactor - page 151. (Read 374702 times)

Activity: 378
Merit: 250
+1 for a website.

i just got a message saying my check point is too old and to contact the developer?
the wallet has been running for 3 days and this is the first time. any ideas whats wrong?
It just means the checkpoint is starting to be pretty old. The wallet will still work just the same, but we'll update the wallet anyway, since the new logo needs to be added.

If you're updating it, you might want to remove (at least one) references to NOVA coin. For example, if I close the wallet and try to restart it fast, you get the typical error message that the NOVA coin wallet process is probably already running.

Activity: 182
Merit: 100
I realize that you might be getting anxious with no microCoin development as of late. We have already stated that for now we will keep a low profile and start marketing more after the block rewards start descending. There has been lots of time and exposure already so anyone who has not taken the chance to look into microCoin has done so out of their own choice. We are currently working on a project that will most likely be very important for microCoin in the long run and will be something we will also be focusing on. You can be sure that we are still continuing development. We just see this a bad time to announce much. After all, microCoin as a whole is more long-term focused.

You don't need to market the coin. But not putting up the webpage is just stupid, and it might backfire and bring a lot of scam accusations if the coin get attention on a later stage (like quark suddenly did).

well the scam accusations will not stick for sure this is the slowest increasing block reward mined coin in crypto history and the initial block reward started at .001... the good thing right now is that the coin is distributed among a bunch of miners instead of just a few whales, so it would take a group of miners to dump their coins to kill prices unlike the usual single whale dump. I and other microcoiners sure don't plan on dumping this coin so future adopters should see it as a positive
Activity: 434
ETA of any major update? MRC need to be pushed and promoted before its mining peak reward reached  Roll Eyes

Yes, its getting much toooo quiet here
Activity: 350
Ok great. Is there anyway for you to maybe get a linux repository for the linux systems?
ETA of any major update? MRC need to be pushed and promoted before its mining peak reward reached  Roll Eyes
MCR
Activity: 266
i just got a message saying my check point is too old and to contact the developer?
the wallet has been running for 3 days and this is the first time. any ideas whats wrong?
It just means the checkpoint is starting to be pretty old. The wallet will still work just the same, but we'll update the wallet anyway, since the new logo needs to be added.
Activity: 779
Merit: 502
I realize that you might be getting anxious with no microCoin development as of late. We have already stated that for now we will keep a low profile and start marketing more after the block rewards start descending. There has been lots of time and exposure already so anyone who has not taken the chance to look into microCoin has done so out of their own choice. We are currently working on a project that will most likely be very important for microCoin in the long run and will be something we will also be focusing on. You can be sure that we are still continuing development. We just see this a bad time to announce much. After all, microCoin as a whole is more long-term focused.

You don't need to market the coin. But not putting up the webpage is just stupid, and it might backfire and bring a lot of scam accusations if the coin get attention on a later stage (like quark suddenly did).
And just to state. My blocks transaction history is still updating fine and is fully up to date if anyone wants to know
legendary
Activity: 2002
Merit: 1051
ICO? Not even once.

Same.
Well good to know there's still active development going on. I don't think a general teaser would hurt however, but this is still one of my spec coins that I put some mining time on... VTC worked out for me, so i'll just keep mining.

MCR
Activity: 266
Activity: 10
Merit: 0
Vertcoin has had lots of hype posts.  MicroCoin has been laying low off the radar.  Is that a tactical move or do we need to get marketing?

Guess it's a tactical move, but if they are planning on waiting up until block 160k, I think they might be overdoing it and won't be able to resurrect the coin at that point. Not sure though.

i agree, i think we need a marketing camping sooner rather than later.
legendary
Activity: 2002
Merit: 1051
ICO? Not even once.
Vertcoin has had lots of hype posts.  MicroCoin has been laying low off the radar.  Is that a tactical move or do we need to get marketing?

Guess it's a tactical move, but if they are planning on waiting up until block 160k, I think they might be overdoing it and won't be able to resurrect the coin at that point. Not sure though.
What the hell vertcoin got on cryptsy before us and we launched 1st... They have our code and we have a better name whats going on... I guess the one difference is we minted more coins. Maybe the devs should reduce the block reward at block 160k instead of 310k. I'm not sure how many coins would have been minted by block 160k anyone have an idea how to calculate?

My guess is it needs marketing.  I was mining Vertcoin since the beginning, at back then it looked like Microcoin was going to be the leader of the ASIC resistance.  Then the dev quit commenting and apparently abandoned the coin.  Now you can just mine doge and buy 20x as much MRC compared to mining it directly.  Man I regret that week I mined MRC instead of VTC...

well I know they didn't abandon the coin that's for sure
Activity: 308
What the hell vertcoin got on cryptsy before us and we launched 1st... They have our code and we have a better name whats going on... I guess the one difference is we minted more coins. Maybe the devs should reduce the block reward at block 160k instead of 310k. I'm not sure how many coins would have been minted by block 160k anyone have an idea how to calculate?

My guess is it needs marketing.  I was mining Vertcoin since the beginning, at back then it looked like Microcoin was going to be the leader of the ASIC resistance.  Then the dev quit commenting and apparently abandoned the coin.  Now you can just mine doge and buy 20x as much MRC compared to mining it directly.  Man I regret that week I mined MRC instead of VTC...

well we don't have to hit umm all at once, maybe at least getting listed on coinmarketcap or something
legendary
Activity: 912
Merit: 1000

Well, those dev's who pay, those order music... was like 5 BTC last year price

BTW, i run into funny error on one of my PC...

Got same settings from OP, suddenly one of rigs start getting ONLY hardware errors... changing anything wont help
i changed videocard. hard drive with Windows, changed all settings except motherboard and --StartT and i think maybe i had to look closer at it? My BIOS clocks sometimes fall 1 hour back - can it be cause??

I have no problems with any other simple scrypt coins, tried also scrypt-jane QQC to check - it works, all others same HW ERRORS 100%

Any advice?
Jump to: