Author

Topic: [ANN] microCoin MRC - alcurEX - Scrypt-Jane - nFactor - page 178. (Read 374702 times)

MCR
Activity: 266
Merit: 250
microCoin will be one of the first coins to be traded on crycurex.com! The website is launching on January 21st.

Status update:

Change of strategy: Bounties are closed for now (will be back up later). microcoin will be getting an overhaul on marketing and appearance once the logo contest ends. We'll launch the website during the same time.
As I've said a couple times, we're also planning on a bigger announcement in the following weeks so a lot of the money, time and effort is being put into that now. That's also a reason for why bounties are closed for now.
Bounties will be back up later, but we're also going to see how well microCoin does on the market and adjust our strategy based on that. You can be sure that microCoin development still continues! After all, microCoin is a long-term investment.
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
I don't think the dev anticipated that the nfactor would be scaling back gpu hashing power so fast we already droped 50%-60% and we're not even close to block 300k. I thought it was going to progressively slow down till we hit block 300k but are hashing power is dropping exponentially fast considering what block we're on

Well the code can be seen here: https://github.com/microcoinsource/microcoin/blob/master/src/main.cpp in the function GetNfactor() but once it gets to bitwise shifting I no longer have any idea what's going on so I can't really tell you when it'll reach the maximum nFactor, but it doesn't seem to have anything to do with any particular block.

Like I said though, I can't really follow through the logic of that function, so if anyone can, please provide some sort of idea of when it'll reach maximum nFactor.
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
I don't think the dev anticipated that the nfactor would be scaling back gpu hashing power so fast we already droped 50%-60% and we're not even close to block 300k. I thought it was going to progressively slow down till we hit block 300k but are hashing power is dropping exponentially fast considering what block we're on
Activity: 434
One thing to add. If you have weak CPU or few RAM - you may have troubles with mining on scrypt-jane.

For example, testing 2 cards with 4 GB RAM  - if you open several Chrome pages etc. second card speed lowers to 20%
Also even if you increase it to 16 GB RAM but weak CPU, with same Chrome/Word etc opened your second card speed will lower to 20-50%

I dont know exactly what cause this second card speed lowering, but it happens. And for mining i had to close all other processes as possible.
Also it may be because of Windows stupidity  Smiley
Activity: 434
my 270x work fine lol, like 1 Mh/s  Roll Eyes

280x works with 2 Mh/s speed.
Activity: 350
Merit: 250
After last Nfactor change my cards have speed 50Kh, all cards. 6750=50Kh, 7850=50Kh, 7870=50Kh, 7950=50Kh, 290=50Kh, 290x=50Kh. WTF?

it sounds no good//
Activity: 56
Sounds exactly like what I reported earlier:

Looks like my rig with two 280X GPUs no longer works on this (its getting about 70 Kh/s). Would it be because the system doesn't have enough RAM?

I'm running a single 280X on my regular PC which has 6GB of RAM and that one's doing 1.8 Mh/s

Kinda makes it impossible to GPU mine it then with rigs set up to be able to mine scrypt coins. If other people are also getting this, I'd propose that we should step the nfactor back one level and keep it that way (would require a code change and advance notice though).

I don't think it'd fork the chain though since the rewards and target time would be identical, you'd just need to update to get the correct hashing power. Could anyone confirm this for me?
Activity: 61
Merit: 10
How PoS, works with this coin? (minimal age, interest rate)
Activity: 182
just managed to get the micro coin wallet 1Gf4gwFyPg2M2EZFQybarXe5inA5LNZBGg not sure if i'm to late form giveaway i'm at 0 right now

thanks
go to the give away thread. vote for us on cryptsy
Activity: 686
Merit: 251
I'm investigating Crypto Projects
just managed to get the micro coin wallet 1Gf4gwFyPg2M2EZFQybarXe5inA5LNZBGg not sure if i'm to late form giveaway i'm at 0 right now

thanks
Activity: 9
Homepage??? Huh
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000
That's the best one

Activity: 224
Happy mining tonight, I'm going to bed.
Activity: 55
I can see that nut2pools set 1% fee, it's great! Smiley
Activity: 52
Try also http://microcoinfaucet.comxa.com/  !!

Smiley Smiley

And spread it t the world! Wink

Check the page for special bounties!

hmm, i need to enter my email for the faucet? Not a good way to attract people, make it as easy as possible

As for me captcha is more difficult than entering email Smiley
I manly mean that i dont want to put my email in there Wink

Dear mate , the e-mail field requested on the sumbit form is not obligatory or required for coin ask submission! the captcha yes it required to avoid bots, as you know..if u would had spent just 1 minute reading the rest of the page you should have noticed that we simply request e-mails to keep in touch with MRC enthusiast and inform them via a sort of "mailing list" about big giveouts or special bounties..we're not scamming or whatever, if is this what you thought.. Wink

And also, we sent you 500 MRC as bounty for your graphs, as i already posted in the past post (sounds funny isn't it? Tongue )

However keep it Micro!

Smiley

Ah, srry. I did enter my email because i trusted it, but i thought it was mandantory. Didnt read IT indeed
Activity: 210

Smiley Smiley

hmm, i need to enter my email for the faucet? Not a good way to attract people, make it as easy as possible

Dear mate , the e-mail field requested on the sumbit form is not obligatory or required for coin ask submission! the captcha yes it required to avoid bots, as you know..if u would had spent just 1 minute reading the rest of the page you should have noticed that we simply request e-mails to keep in touch with MRC enthusiast and inform them via a sort of "mailing list" about big giveouts or special bounties..we're not scamming or whatever, if is this what you thought.. Wink

And also, we sent you 500 MRC as bounty for your graphs, as i already posted in the past post (sounds funny isn't it? Tongue )

However keep it Micro!

Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1006
I think the developers should clarify what the settings are for the Nfactor and what triggers a change etc, so we can understand and predict feasibility of mining with gpu/cpu.
Would you rather have this coin be an all gpu coin? I know one of the requirements to be on any exchange is to have strong network support. I think the devs should just get rid of the N-factor and let the GPU miners support the network at max capacity.
Well i think a coin with CPU mining cababilities is future proof, but as of yet it needs to be mainly GPU because cpu is too inaccesible and has many downsides compared to GPU. Therefore it is important for the miners to know what the nfactor does and how its regulated. I say keep the N-factor but keep it mainly focused on gpu for now
nFactor 4-30 will keep microcoin more profitable with GPU all the time.  Tongue
I think the developers should clarify what the settings are for the Nfactor and what triggers a change etc, so we can understand and predict feasibility of mining with gpu/cpu.
Would you rather have this coin be an all gpu coin? I know one of the requirements to be on any exchange is to have strong network support. I think the devs should just get rid of the N-factor and let the GPU miners support the network at max capacity.
Well i think a coin with CPU mining cababilities is future proof, but as of yet it needs to be mainly GPU because cpu is too inaccesible and has many downsides compared to GPU. Therefore it is important for the miners to know what the nfactor does and how its regulated. I say keep the N-factor but keep it mainly focused on gpu for now

Smiley Smiley

Activity: 55

Smiley Smiley

Jump to: