Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] microCoin MRC - alcurEX - Scrypt-Jane - nFactor - page 89. (Read 374702 times)

Activity: 71
Merit: 10
weird , my TC stayed the same and all I had to do was lower my gpu engine 15mhz. actually I raised my TC on my other cards to the higher one. guess I should do more playing with settings, but my miner seems to have display driver issues after random periods of time, then miner stops if I go too high. Bad when you are sleeping.
Activity: 12
Merit: 0
What do you mean who? There are just less coins generated now. That is the whole point - the N factor slows the coin mining encouraging trading and spending of the coin rather than mining and piling up coins

I mean that every 32 seconds the network discovers a block which costs roughly 155000.
On average, everybody gets their share in the same proportion as their speed divided by network hash rate.

For example, lets say yesterday network hash rate was 1 GHs and my hash rate was 1 Mhs.
That means that on average I was getting 155000/1000=155 MRC every 32 seconds.

Lets say today network hashrate is 450MHs.
Guess how much coins would I earn if my hash rate dropped to 450 KHs?

If I'm getting 70 MRC instead of 155 - that means that my hashrate in proportion to the network is not 1/1000 anymore.
Which means that somebody else had managed to get their speed higher.

zerxus, this only proofs that you are bad in math - for the last n-factor your hash power was 1/1000th of the network, for the current n-factor your hash power remains the same 1/1000th of the network, so i don't see any difference Smiley
Activity: 248
Merit: 250
how much more do you expect the diff to drop ?
I am not able to calculate how many coins / day one can make now with his hashrate, as the standard formula does not apply to scrypt-jane and i don't know how to calculate this properly.
legendary
Activity: 968
Merit: 1000
einc.io
This is a good thing!

Yes,  you will have to adjust some of your miner settings,  lower TC, adjust settings etc.  But what just happend was MRC just became much "MUCH" harder to mine.  And essentially ASIC resistant for the next-long-while.

I think this is a turning point for MRC.   Nfactor is how to keep GPU's and thus "US" in the battle!

legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1006
What do you mean who? There are just less coins generated now. That is the whole point - the N factor slows the coin mining encouraging trading and spending of the coin rather than mining and piling up coins

I mean that every 32 seconds the network discovers a block which costs roughly 155000.
On average, everybody gets their share in the same proportion as their speed divided by network hash rate.

For example, lets say yesterday network hash rate was 1 GHs and my hash rate was 1 Mhs.

If I'm getting 70 MRC instead of 155 - that means that my hashrate in proportion to the network is not 1/1000 anymore.
It's possible, but because diff dropping slowly, you can see real situation after some hours.
Activity: 123
Merit: 100

Activity: 248
Difficulty has changed. Our profit will fall?
Difficulty drop equals more coins which equals more or equal profit most of the time. Difficulty rise equals less coins. However block reward is slowly decreasing so you'll be getting less coins overtime and less profit but that corresponds to price of coin.
I was making before changing daily 1.2 million. Current 500,000 seems. Fine?

The question is who's getting the other 0.7 million?
Assuming we still have the same number of miners with the same proportions of hashrate.

legendary
Activity: 912
Merit: 1000
its not complicated....it takes a while for the diff to drop in relation to the reduced hash.  Once it does, more or less you should make the same.
Uh no one is getting the extra .7 mill doesn't even make sense. This is how increasing nfactor scrypt jane algorithm works. Eventually difficulty will decrease to a point were you will be receiving a little less coins than you were with nfactor 10 since block reward is steadily decreasing.

That's my point - our earnings roughly must be the same as before.

Who can explain - what should be the normal speed with current nFactor comparing to the previous one?
I had 200-210 on R9 270X, now I'm getting 80-90 KHs.
Same proportion with my other cards - the speed has dropped by 55-60 percent.

Already played with intensity, TC, lookup gap settings.
Increasing or descresing any of them gives me lower hash rates or many HW errors.
Activity: 190
Profitability was very good but now bad. : (
Activity: 87
Difficulty drop equals more coins which equals more or equal profit most of the time. Difficulty rise equals less coins. However block reward is slowly decreasing so you'll be getting less coins overtime and less profit but that corresponds to price of coin.

Assuming we still have the same number of miners with the same proportions of hashrate.

Uh no one is getting the extra .7 mill doesn't even make sense. This is how increasing nfactor scrypt jane algorithm works. Eventually difficulty will decrease to a point were you will be receiving a little less coins than you were with nfactor 10 since block reward is steadily decreasing.

Depends on your hash rate and current difficulty and block reward. Right now with 300khs 155k block reward and a difficulty of 1.9 you should be getting roughly 500k/day.

Activity: 120
Hi guys,

We have lowered vardiff maximum to 16 on mrc.blocksolved.com for your convenience.

Activity: 34
Merit: 0
My hashrate down to 7 Kh/s...  Huh Oh yeay...
Owh My God, give me a lot of Bitcoin to clean those Sell Wall On Mintpal and Poloniex, then they will regret it cause selling this precious coin at cheap price...  Roll Eyes
Activity: 462
i get app. 130k from my 280x'es

Without any HW errors and using I 12 ?

my settings:

=====================
R9 280X 3GB
=====================
--scrypt --Nfmin 4 --Nfmax 30 --StartT 1389028879 --gpu-engine 1100 --gpu-memclock 1600 --gpu-powertune 30 --temp-target 90 --queue 0 --scan-time 1 --expiry 10 --no-submit-stale --lookup-gap 2 --thread-concurrency 16384 -I 12 -g 2 -w 256

Ok, I found the problem Smiley
My test rig is using the latest 14.2 beta drivers which are giving HW errors with those settings. Other rigs with 13.12 give me that 150k yeah  Wink
Yeah seem like there is a limited diff retarget or smth which is not listed in the specs.

Struggling myself, some rigs works with 150k no hw errors, while others dont. same catalyst driver on all of em (13.12).

Edit:
Seems i need to mock about with the lookup-gap
For those getting hw errors on thread-concurrency 16384 and I12 try to set lookup-gap 3 (that will give at least 120khash on 280X)
Activity: 229
i get app. 130k from my 280x'es

Without any HW errors and using I 12 ?

my settings:

=====================
R9 280X 3GB
=====================
--scrypt --Nfmin 4 --Nfmax 30 --StartT 1389028879 --gpu-engine 1100 --gpu-memclock 1600 --gpu-powertune 30 --temp-target 90 --queue 0 --scan-time 1 --expiry 10 --no-submit-stale --lookup-gap 2 --thread-concurrency 16384 -I 12 -g 2 -w 256

Ok, I found the problem Smiley
My test rig is using the latest 14.2 beta drivers which are giving HW errors with those settings. Other rigs with 13.12 give me that 150k yeah  Wink
Yeah seem like there is a limited diff retarget or smth which is not listed in the specs.
Pages:
Jump to: