Author

Topic: [ANN] [MINT] Mintcoin (POS / 5%) [NO ICO] [Fair distro, community maintained] - page 105. (Read 1369778 times)

Activity: 750
Merit: 500
My Point exactly!! I have brought this up before.... Please fix the RAM issue!!

As I have also brought up before, it is being worked on as fast as possible. Rewriting a large portion of the code base takes time and there is a lot that needs to be rewritten to fix the CPU and RAM consumption issue.

Will these updates also help the orphan issue any,
Because mint orphans a lot more than before the last updates.

Thanks.
 Cool

Thats a tough one to answer as it is both "yes" and "no".

Orphans due to network I/O lag caused by your resource usage being too high and having a sluggish or often "laggy" client should indeed be reduced as your system has to use less CPU/RAM to maintain the program. These types of orphans really do depend on your system specs so it is difficult to say with 100% certainty, prior to extensive testing.

However, orphans due to "bad luck" of two clients submitting a valid hash at the exact same time...that, unfortunately really is just "bad luck" and isn't really affected by resource usage.
legendary
Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

As I have also brought up before, it is being worked on as fast as possible. Rewriting a large portion of the code base takes time and there is a lot that needs to be rewritten to fix the CPU and RAM consumption issue.

Will these updates also help the orphan issue any,
Because mint orphans a lot more than before the last updates.

Thanks.
 Cool
legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1011

I know... Smiley It was you and I  that was discussing it.. Still Frustrating.. I believe it is mainly caused by the 30 Sec block times honestly, but will be interesting to see how it is resolved as there are a few other coins with the same issue and they too have 30 sec block times..
Activity: 750

legendary
Hey MINTers. I may have to discontinue MINT's free trial on presstab.pw. It is using up about 1/4 - 1/2 of the ram on my main server, and almost constantly at least 30% CPU if not 80%. The only way to fix this that I can see will be to push MINT to its own VPS, which will be a bit pricey. If anyone is interested, let me know, else I will have to discontinue. Sorry guys.

legendary
Activity: 1330
Blockchain Developer
Hey MINTers. I may have to discontinue MINT's free trial on presstab.pw. It is using up about 1/4 - 1/2 of the ram on my main server, and almost constantly at least 30% CPU if not 80%. The only way to fix this that I can see will be to push MINT to its own VPS, which will be a bit pricey. If anyone is interested, let me know, else I will have to discontinue. Sorry guys.
legendary
Any word on an updated wallet?? The present one is a Resource HOG... 780 MB of ram for a RPi2 wallet is INSANE guys... Please fix this. Most wallets use less than 200 MB...
Activity: 291
Merit: 250
Ezekiel 34:11, John 10:25-30
corruptsy never replies to problems they just create them.   so all my bitching aside. and thanks for listening. i did do research on mint coin and nothing indicated such wild price swings. live and learn i own 30 different coins so i am no newbie i mined dogecoin in first month of existence.  What i want to know is when i own mmnxt coin i get next coin in dividend right away posted to my acct.  why do you guys make people hold coins in wallet for credit?  is not the wallet address where i had my mintcoins sent enough to get posted interest?.  because i have never gotten any interest.  how do i do that?  do i need to have wallet on my computer?  I had 20 wallets on old one and it crashed it never updated too much info. So i guess what can i do/ why is it so difficult to get interest?  or do i not know how the whole process works. Thank You for helping Nanselmo.   
You have to send the mintcoins to a Mintcoinaddress in a wallet that does proof of stake. Mintcoin wallets on exchanges do not do proof of stake, so if you want to Mint, probably the best bet is to put them in an address in a wallet on your computer. Then after 20 days, they will be eligible to Mint new coins. How many coins you have in the address also affects the speed of minting after the 20 days. If you have a more than a hundred thousand coins, you should be able to get the minting fairly easily like a few days. Your wallet needs to be connected to the internet and synced before the coins can mint. The reason for the waiting period is for security, decentralization and improved minting fairness. Hope that helps. Maybe some else can explain better.
Activity: 33
Merit: 0
corruptsy never replies to problems they just create them.   so all my bitching aside. and thanks for listening. i did do research on mint coin and nothing indicated such wild price swings. live and learn i own 30 different coins so i am no newbie i mined dogecoin in first month of existence.  What i want to know is when i own mmnxt coin i get next coin in dividend right away posted to my acct.  why do you guys make people hold coins in wallet for credit?  is not the wallet address where i had my mintcoins sent enough to get posted interest?.  because i have never gotten any interest.  how do i do that?  do i need to have wallet on my computer?  I had 20 wallets on old one and it crashed it never updated too much info. So i guess what can i do/ why is it so difficult to get interest?  or do i not know how the whole process works. Thank You for helping Nanselmo.   
legendary
Can you imagine what it would be like if their response time for wallet related issues was the same?

LOL,    Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Totally Agree with that statement.

Cool
Activity: 574
Can you imagine what it would be like if their response time for wallet related issues was the same?
legendary
Activity: 336
How long before someone moves everyones coins to some private account and run away with it?
I'm glad i removed all my funds away from that site a while ago.

http://coinfire.io/2015/10/04/federal-investigations-of-cryptsy-underway/
The Outside source that came in and purchased enough mint to get the price in the million $ market caps, has not sold 1 mint ,and they (I like to call them SS,  Wink ) , they now own over 22% of the entire supply of Mint.
SS received alot of Venture Capital (free money) in the past few months, odds are at some point , they will repeat what they did earlier in the year and have close to a 50% or more market share of all mint before the end of the year.

If you want to watch them to see if they change strategy ,
SS is currently # 2 thru 10 on the current Rich List.
https://chainz.cryptoid.info/mint/#!rich

FYI:
After this post they may change addresses.  Cheesy

Cool

The top 19 all show the same behavior and did not send anything yet.
Just staking and being patient how the cryptoworld develops.

I suggest all the people who lost value do the same Wink
If the volume for selling drops because people are staking their coins the price will go up again soon enough. The trick then would be to keep on staking but the temptation to cut your losses would be pretty high i guess  Grin
legendary
The Outside source that came in and purchased enough mint to get the price in the million $ market caps, has not sold 1 mint ,and they (I like to call them SS,  Wink ) , they now own over 22% of the entire supply of Mint.
SS received alot of Venture Capital (free money) in the past few months, odds are at some point , they will repeat what they did earlier in the year and have close to a 50% or more market share of all mint before the end of the year.

If you want to watch them to see if they change strategy ,
SS is currently # 2 thru 10 on the current Rich List.
https://chainz.cryptoid.info/mint/#!rich

FYI:
After this post they may change addresses.  Cheesy

Cool
Activity: 614
Merit: 506
Applications
anyone know why mintcoin is tanking. losing almost all its value?    why do people what to use mintcoin over any other coin?  I fail to see any effort made here to help keep the coins value. i am disgusted with the losses i have incurred.  65% and rising.  i guess you hold and get money?   from where? thin air. all the money that you pay out makes the coins less valuable.  this whole concept i failing big time and no developers are willing to admit it. wake up and smell what you are shoveling.  This is a ponzi scheme.  get coins and hold them , dont sell ever and we will pay u to do so. yet you as developers dump tons of coins on the market and crash the value. i trade in  coins and some dope has a sell order blocking the whole exchange. this chokes up trading volume and in a few days the coin will be delisted for lack of volume.   If coins are not traded they are dumped from exchanges. you tell people to buy and hold and discourage trading.  This is idiotic thinking.   This coin will die.  I am dumping it like now. Mintcoin developers just want us to lose money while supporting there development of a  useless coin. $ 500 us dollars lost and counting. I hate mintcon , whoever made it can go choke on a ham sandwich!  yes mintcon i am not mispelling it.   So please dev. try and respond to the loses all your followers have incurred.  nanselmo

Been in the game for a while huh? It shows... How much research did you do before buying MintCoin? Any? Never buy more than you can afford to loose.

^This

*Want to see it rise again, well Linux Mint would be a great way to get it in the right market (donated all of my years, but to BitGive | Seans Outpost | Do a Bit of Good & a few others) & as one who does lots of research. This would be a key, but you would have to understand why & how this would help for the real quote to make any cents. Change doesn't happen overnight, it takes years & lots of hard work. Many people just jump into this & many people lose, but that is in no way the developers fault. It's a free market, but if Linux Mint was to be a little closer on this > Rich List   Rank 855   at block 1939303 with 1,713,548.109875 MINT. Just my thoughts on the quote, but I'm just a tester & a poor one @ that ;-)

Here's a little bit of research links, for the ones who only look at the original post once.

Linux Mint Donation ------- Links ------- Donation Address     
MsmGQgHY75WZ1ZzrhoNS5KUCVpyw18hxrw
You could always try to buy 10btc and see if it goes up again :p

I think it will go back to 3 or 2 again then when all the big sell walls finally disappear rich people will start pumping it again.
So sit back and relax it could take a while.  Cool
As long as the coin is alive it will regain it's true value again.
RJF
Activity: 616
Online since '89...
anyone know why mintcoin is tanking. losing almost all its value?    why do people what to use mintcoin over any other coin?  I fail to see any effort made here to help keep the coins value. i am disgusted with the losses i have incurred.  65% and rising.  i guess you hold and get money?   from where? thin air. all the money that you pay out makes the coins less valuable.  this whole concept i failing big time and no developers are willing to admit it. wake up and smell what you are shoveling.  This is a ponzi scheme.  get coins and hold them , dont sell ever and we will pay u to do so. yet you as developers dump tons of coins on the market and crash the value. i trade in  coins and some dope has a sell order blocking the whole exchange. this chokes up trading volume and in a few days the coin will be delisted for lack of volume.   If coins are not traded they are dumped from exchanges. you tell people to buy and hold and discourage trading.  This is idiotic thinking.   This coin will die.  I am dumping it like now. Mintcoin developers just want us to lose money while supporting there development of a  useless coin. $ 500 us dollars lost and counting. I hate mintcon , whoever made it can go choke on a ham sandwich!  yes mintcon i am not mispelling it.   So please dev. try and respond to the loses all your followers have incurred.  nanselmo

Been in the game for a while huh? It shows... How much research did you do before buying MintCoin? Any? Never buy more than you can afford to loose.
Activity: 574
anyone know why mintcoin is tanking. losing almost all its value?    why do people what to use mintcoin over any other coin?  I fail to see any effort made here to help keep the coins value. i am disgusted with the losses i have incurred.  65% and rising.  i guess you hold and get money?   from where? thin air. all the money that you pay out makes the coins less valuable.  this whole concept i failing big time and no developers are willing to admit it. wake up and smell what you are shoveling.  This is a ponzi scheme.  get coins and hold them , dont sell ever and we will pay u to do so. yet you as developers dump tons of coins on the market and crash the value. i trade in  coins and some dope has a sell order blocking the whole exchange. this chokes up trading volume and in a few days the coin will be delisted for lack of volume.   If coins are not traded they are dumped from exchanges. you tell people to buy and hold and discourage trading.  This is idiotic thinking.   This coin will die.  I am dumping it like now. Mintcoin developers just want us to lose money while supporting there development of a  useless coin. $ 500 us dollars lost and counting. I hate mintcon , whoever made it can go choke on a ham sandwich!  yes mintcon i am not mispelling it.   So please dev. try and respond to the loses all your followers have incurred.  nanselmo

Can't wait to read your comment once the price spikes again Wink
Activity: 291
Ezekiel 34:11, John 10:25-30
IMO, this is a psychological fakeout before the coin get's rarer. Shakes out anyone who is not serious about it.
Right now, the 360 day SMA (simple moving average) for Mintcoin is right at 0.00000010BTC  so this is just long term average price for the last year.
Jump to: