Author

Topic: [ANN] [MINT] Mintcoin (POS / 5%) [NO ICO] [Fair distro, community maintained] - page 106. (Read 1369778 times)

Activity: 750
Merit: 500
anyone know why mintcoin is tanking. losing almost all its value?    why do people what to use mintcoin over any other coin?  I fail to see any effort made here to help keep the coins value. i am disgusted with the losses i have incurred.  65% and rising.  i guess you hold and get money?   from where? thin air. all the money that you pay out makes the coins less valuable.  this whole concept i failing big time and no developers are willing to admit it. wake up and smell what you are shoveling.  This is a ponzi scheme.  get coins and hold them , dont sell ever and we will pay u to do so. yet you as developers dump tons of coins on the market and crash the value. i trade in  coins and some dope has a sell order blocking the whole exchange. this chokes up trading volume and in a few days the coin will be delisted for lack of volume.   If coins are not traded they are dumped from exchanges. you tell people to buy and hold and discourage trading.  This is idiotic thinking.   This coin will die.  I am dumping it like now. Mintcoin developers just want us to lose money while supporting there development of a  useless coin. $ 500 us dollars lost and counting. I hate mintcon , whoever made it can go choke on a ham sandwich!  yes mintcon i am not mispelling it.   So please dev. try and respond to the loses all your followers have incurred.  nanselmo

Funny thing about any community based coin, it is the users that decide what the value is. I'm sorry you are seeing a loss on your investment at the moment, but it certainly isn't due to any of the current dev team dumping tons of coins on the market. I myself haven't sold a single coin and am quite offended by your baseless accusation.

Anyone and everyone is more than welcome to look at the development progress on github, and suggest new ideas, that is after all one of the founding ideals behind a community supported project.

You are also welcome to join us on IRC for discussion.

As for a developer response to the current price: I have no control nor say in what others do in a free market. My job here is to improve the technical features of the coin's network and functionality. Some people MAY directly corolate that to a specific "value" and others won't, but that is their choice to make and not mine.
Activity: 33
Merit: 0
anyone know why mintcoin is tanking. losing almost all its value?    why do people what to use mintcoin over any other coin?  I fail to see any effort made here to help keep the coins value. i am disgusted with the losses i have incurred.  65% and rising.  i guess you hold and get money?   from where? thin air. all the money that you pay out makes the coins less valuable.  this whole concept i failing big time and no developers are willing to admit it. wake up and smell what you are shoveling.  This is a ponzi scheme.  get coins and hold them , dont sell ever and we will pay u to do so. yet you as developers dump tons of coins on the market and crash the value. i trade in  coins and some dope has a sell order blocking the whole exchange. this chokes up trading volume and in a few days the coin will be delisted for lack of volume.   If coins are not traded they are dumped from exchanges. you tell people to buy and hold and discourage trading.  This is idiotic thinking.   This coin will die.  I am dumping it like now. Mintcoin developers just want us to lose money while supporting there development of a  useless coin. $ 500 us dollars lost and counting. I hate mintcon , whoever made it can go choke on a ham sandwich!  yes mintcon i am not mispelling it.   So please dev. try and respond to the loses all your followers have incurred.  nanselmo
Activity: 442
Merit: 250
Just wanted to pop in and give some details regarding the IRC tips.

I just finished setting up a new "rain" bot that will give out a random amount of MINT twice an hour. Most rains will be directed towards those active within the past 15 minutes, but there is also a chance that the rain will go out to all users present at the time of the rain. Currently, that chance is set to 25% but may be adjusted later.

The amount of each rain is chosen at random, between 100 and 1000 MINT (divided amongst the qualifying number of users). Again, these values are subject to change, and depend heavily on the amount of available MINT the bot has to give out. Obviously there are no advertisements to help ensure an available balance, so if anyone is feeling generous they are welcome to make a donation to the bot's fund directly or via the general giveaway fund.

IRC Rain Bot: MXtpspAnk9rkR8D1bsJkyomhzXKipRcVH1 (direct deposit address)
General Giveaway Fund: MXtpspAnk9rkR8D1bsJkyomhzXKipRcVH1 (funds used for multiple giveaway outlets)

And of course the MintGuardian Fund: Mt6nEG8Pp7kyimcHEp3gFqdjDPQqXas5Ae
donations here go towards supporting the developers and won't be put directly into the bot's payout pool
legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1011
Everyone needs to go to Cryptopia and Vote for MINT to be added!! Show your support as we need another exchange!! You can buy DOTs to add more Votes!!
Activity: 448
Merit: 252
Follow us on our new account ShapeShift.com
ShapeShift.io is excited to announce the launch of our newest tool, Skeleton. Skeleton allows websites to offer on-site exchanges so that their users don't have to leave the site in order to do an exchange. Allow your website users to buy or sell Mintcoin directly from your site! Learn more about how you can add this to your site here and see a VIDEO example of how CoinCap has utilized this offering: http://bit.ly/1WvSoBx

legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1010
Join The Blockchain Revolution In Logistics
i thought MINT won a while back ... what's up with that?
last i heard it was scheduled into 'maintenance' but to be added because well ya wallet is a wee bit wonky Wink
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
If you would like to add MintCoin to Cryptopia Markets, please start voting here !
https://www.cryptopia.co.nz/HomeAction/Voting
Happy Minting !!!!!!
Activity: 840
Merit: 1000
Keep going cryptomommy!! You're the best Smiley
Thanks for getting block explorer upto 4 months. I hope everyone will send some % of their minted coins to devs or set a 20 day recurring send.
Activity: 425
I talked to bittrex and they are interested in adding us if we show proof of our non-profit registration and how we are moving forward with collaboration with charities. They said they will never ask for fees/payments. I PMed cryptomommy but never heard back from her. If anyone can contact her please do tell her to check her PM.

AFAIK she's had a fairly busy week. Would be nice to get listed on Bittrex though.

Development of a new wallet release continues despite the low funds in the MintGuardian wallet (though donations are GREATLY appreciated) Wink
I'm not quite ready to write up a nice changelog or feature announcement, as we're still going down the rabbit hole with this update, but a feature overview/changelog post will precede the release.

I am in no way complaining, just thought if some one can reach her in other ways than BCT. I try to donate whenever i can but i don't think there are lots of supporters here. CryptoID block explorer hasn't received any donation as well other than mine. If that explorer lapses it would be a red signal for me. If we as a community cant keep running a $10/month explorer, i am not sure there will be lot of incentive for devs to stick around and we will be back to where we were 6 month ago.

Please feel free to reach me at [email protected] for anything mintcoin related Smiley

In regards to the explorer I am watching and plan on ensuring it is maintained - if anyone else would like to contribute Please note all donations to the guardianship support the explorer as well as hosting and supporting our developers hard work.

We also have another mintcoin address for our giveaways posted on the front of this ann. These donations are used to support our twitter tipbot rains as well as facebook, reddit and IRC. The IRC is designed to automatically rain on all active users ever 1/2 hour as well.

Sorry for my absence - my schedule has been a little crazy :/
hmm pretty cool! thanks for that Smiley
Activity: 25
Hey Everybody! Excited for 10% Annual Minting!

33% Minting Reduction!

I Made A Countdown!

http://www.arewethere.yt/MINTCOIN/30183.htm

I'll try to update it more as we get closer to block 2102400 Smiley
I talked to bittrex and they are interested in adding us if we show proof of our non-profit registration and how we are moving forward with collaboration with charities. They said they will never ask for fees/payments. I PMed cryptomommy but never heard back from her. If anyone can contact her please do tell her to check her PM.

AFAIK she's had a fairly busy week. Would be nice to get listed on Bittrex though.

Development of a new wallet release continues despite the low funds in the MintGuardian wallet (though donations are GREATLY appreciated) Wink
I'm not quite ready to write up a nice changelog or feature announcement, as we're still going down the rabbit hole with this update, but a feature overview/changelog post will precede the release.

I am in no way complaining, just thought if some one can reach her in other ways than BCT. I try to donate whenever i can but i don't think there are lots of supporters here. CryptoID block explorer hasn't received any donation as well other than mine. If that explorer lapses it would be a red signal for me. If we as a community cant keep running a $10/month explorer, i am not sure there will be lot of incentive for devs to stick around and we will be back to where we were 6 month ago.

It still has at least 38 days before it would lapse, are you looking for a year in advance or something? Others have donated to it too, in the past, myself included. I wouldn't worry too much on it, it hasn't lapsed yet and it has been going for quite a while now.

As for the Mintcoin Guardianship Program, I don't know much about it. What does it do? what is the purpose? how are the funds used? Is there accountability with it? Is there a report or quarterly statement that shows us where the donation money went? Personally, for me at least it is hard to donate to something that is not extremely specific. It is not that I don't trust the devs and such, but it would be nice to have accounting and reporting on how the funds were used. Line by line descriptions, dates of withdrawals, with exact amounts and accounting. Thanks!

Approx. 55% of donation to the explorer are from me. I appreciate everyone else who donated but as you say i would like the community to get some funds together & get a subscription for a year. Its better than living paycheck to paycheck. Grin

I would also like to have accounting for dev bounty (Guardianship Program) or a word from devs whether they are getting paid. But there wont be much accounting to do if no one donates. Grin I made a rule to donate 10% of my minted coins. I think that would be enough to keep everything funded IF everyone does it.
Activity: 356

It still has at least 38 days before it would lapse, are you looking for a year in advance or something? Others have donated to it too, in the past, myself included. I wouldn't worry too much on it, it hasn't lapsed yet and it has been going for quite a while now.

As for the Mintcoin Guardianship Program, I don't know much about it. What does it do? what is the purpose? how are the funds used? Is there accountability with it? Is there a report or quarterly statement that shows us where the donation money went? Personally, for me at least it is hard to donate to something that is not extremely specific. It is not that I don't trust the devs and such, but it would be nice to have accounting and reporting on how the funds were used. Line by line descriptions, dates of withdrawals, with exact amounts and accounting. Thanks!

Is there any way we could create a Mintcoin faucet that is hosted by the community that could be considered an official Mintcoin Community Faucet without ads? Maybe even hosted on mintcoinofficial.com?

It would be nice to have an official faucet without ads, that can be trusted and hold a sizable balance and give out a generous amount of coins.

I think people would donate more coins to a faucet site like that. Then anyone who wants to be a Mintcoin philanthropist could donate generously to it without fear of 3rd party confiscation etc.

While it is a good idea, historically faucets that are "ad-free" tend to dry up rather quickly. I'm not saying this would be the case with a community funded MINT faucet, and the funding would have to come from somewhere. Given the current state of low funds in the MintGuardian wallet, someone else would have to step up to provide initial startup funds for not only the payout pool, but the server space and development of the faucet as well as someone to administer the thing.

Like I said, it is a good idea, details and action plan need to be worked out though.

+1 I too think that we first and foremost need donations for devs. Everything else will come later.

Is there any way we could create a Mintcoin faucet that is hosted by the community that could be considered an official Mintcoin Community Faucet without ads? Maybe even hosted on mintcoinofficial.com?

It would be nice to have an official faucet without ads, that can be trusted and hold a sizable balance and give out a generous amount of coins.

I think people would donate more coins to a faucet site like that. Then anyone who wants to be a Mintcoin philanthropist could donate generously to it without fear of 3rd party confiscation etc.

While it is a good idea, historically faucets that are "ad-free" tend to dry up rather quickly. I'm not saying this would be the case with a community funded MINT faucet, and the funding would have to come from somewhere. Given the current state of low funds in the MintGuardian wallet, someone else would have to step up to provide initial startup funds for not only the payout pool, but the server space and development of the faucet as well as someone to administer the thing.

Like I said, it is a good idea, details and action plan need to be worked out though.
Activity: 25

Jump to: