Author

Topic: [ANN] [MINT] Mintcoin (POS / 5%) [NO ICO] [Fair distro, community maintained] - page 130. (Read 1369778 times)

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000
see my profile
http://www.mintcoinofficial.com/
Download wallet
Download bootstrap.dat
thx a lot!  Mention that in the OP, I suggest.
I do not  understand btsync technology.
finding normal download link bootstrap file
help me please
Learn it.
It is really not difficult.
Myself I have installed it yesterday. After first googling a little bit about it, trust-issue solved.
Seems a clever technology.

1 Install the (tiny) download. from getsync
2 (I think you cannot avoid to) confirm that you want to try the full version for x days.
3 Open the browser at www.mintcoinofficial.com -> download wallet -> download bootstrap.dat
4 "External Protocol Request" -> Launch Application
5 (I think) you need to name your own "folder" for others
6 wait 7 hours :-)
7 hovering over "Mintcoin_daily" will tell you how much time to wait.

HTH ;-)
Activity: 574
Merit: 500
You need to install the BitTorent Sync client. There is no simple download link to get just the blockchain files.

The upside is the bootstrap file is updated daily and there are no troubles by exceeding the daily download limits @dropbox or other filesharing hosts.

legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 1531
Download wallet
Download bootstrap.dat

thx a lot!  Mention that in the OP, I suggest.

I do not  understand btsync technology.
finding normal download link bootstrap file
help me please
see my profile
Download wallet
Download bootstrap.dat

thx a lot!  Mention that in the OP, I suggest.
Activity: 425
Merit: 250
Mintcoin Fund is now in the process of registering as a non-profit incorporation

http://mintcoinfund.org/mintcoin-fund-is-growing/
Activity: 589
Merit: 507
Mintcoin entered top20 cryptocurrencies Index Coinoindex.com, which can be traded at Poloniex exchange now.

Anyone interested in joining our trello boards?

https://trello.com/mintcoindevelopment

Send me a PM for access we have a ton of projects we are working on and would love the help! Whether it be spreading the word or digging in and offering a hand in the projects.
Ok. I need a few developers to test phase 1 of the wallet release for the exchanges.

Please pm me if interested.
Activity: 269
Merit: 252
I fixed some days ago my somehow corrupted and completely non working wallet on MAC OSX by downloading the latest version again ;
backup your wallet.dat , it is in /Users/»Your Username«/Library/Application Support/MintCoin/ before you fiddle around .

• I renamed my MintCoin Folder appending to its name anything ,
  • installed the latest wallet app version anew , started it up ,
    and quit it while it was starting to resynch the blockchain from scratch .
  • At that point , the MintCoin Folder was recreated anew and I only had to
    drop the contents in Bootstrap.dat into that fresh MintCoin Folder …
    - it took the Wallet only a few minutes to synch up fully to the last few transactions on the public blockchain .
  • Lastly , drop the latest backup of your wallet.dat into the new MintCoin folder and you are good to Ball .
My wallet is out of sync and struck at block at 1268345 and is 76% done. It's been struck at that block from about last five days.. I have 8 active connections(nodes)as well on my wallet.. I am using mac and wallet version is v1.14.0.0. I also downloaded the lastest wallet v1.17.0.0 but when I open that it says error loading blinded.dat.. Please help

You get that message because version 1.17 needs a complete resync.
My wallet is out of sync and struck at block at 1268345 and is 76% done. It's been struck at that block from about last five days.. I have 8 active connections(nodes)as well on my wallet.. I am using mac and wallet version is v1.14.0.0. I also downloaded the lastest wallet v1.17.0.0 but when I open that it says error loading blinded.dat.. Please help

Please go to %appdata% and click on the mintcoin folder - backup the wallet.dat file, delete everything else in the folder and try to re-install the wallet. PM me if you would like further assistance on this process.
Activity: 1
Merit: 0
see my profile
Ooooops coinmarket 20, not bad. Hadn't looked at this for months. Congratulations!
Question: I have a wallet v1.14, anything I need to know to update to v1.17?
Thx!
Do it soon - I understand mintcoin stops minting if you are not on 1.17
We should be releasing the new version in the next couple weeks.
Thanks, mommy ;-)
Done, and works. Beautiful, kudos. Syncing as we speak; that will take a while.
(-: Mf7wCiDe84QfG9SQgUkwTYxfYvpY2Rooua Thx!

bootstrap.dat blockchain download anywhere? I am too impatient to wait a whole night ...
Activity: 23
Merit: 0
Ooooops coinmarket 20, not bad. Hadn't looked at this for months. Congratulations!

Thx!

Upgrade as soon as possible.  I was in the same situation.  To make a long story short, when I upgraded, I had to re-download the whole blockchain and repair the wallet (although I'm told there are quicker ways to do this).  I lost some coins but I think it was only because 1.14 said I was minting but I don't think I really was.  This is why it is so important to let users know that they need to upgrade their wallet.  I had no idea until I tried to upgrade and ran into this frustrating issue.
see my profile
Thx!

Thanks, mommy ;-)

Done, and works. Beautiful, kudos. Syncing as we speak; that will take a while.

(-: Mf7wCiDe84QfG9SQgUkwTYxfYvpY2Rooua Thx!

Activity: 291
Ezekiel 34:11, John 10:25-30

Thx!

1.15 works for minting too. The problem with 1.15 is it over calculates your total coins ever minted, because it counts orphans. So its not an accurate number. 1.17 is the wallet to be on at right now.

I'm excited for this coin. Probably more now than ever! Great to see good developments and cooperation.

Stoked about the  upcoming new wallet! Thank you all for your great work and commitment! Mintcoins going to be great! (Already is imo), looking forward to the future.  Smiley

Thx!

legendary
Activity: 882
Merit: 1024
So the fork will be at about 85,000 blocks from now?

I am coding in the fork as we speak. I have set it for:
Code:
static const unsigned int FORK_TIME = 1438444800; // Sat, 01 Aug 2015 16:00:00 GMT

This is a time and date when I will be available to provide some QR code if needed (quick response Tongue )

Watch https://github.com/presstab/Mintcoin-Desktop-Wallet/commits/master today if you want to watch the fork commits. It will be merged with the main mintcoin repo after proper scrutiny.

I would suggest that if coding in a fork to also bump the protocol number and reject old clients once the fork is in effect. Even if the fork is set a month in advance, there are many that would not upgrade and will just use their old client and this can lead to chain conflicts, stuck blocks. If you reject old protocols then they will not be able to sync with the rest of the network, this is fine because if someone cannot sync, they will come here anyways and ask why, realize they need to be on the latest version and upgrade and back up to speed. If you do not reject old clients then they may be able to sync, it won't be apparent they need to upgrade and won't so it's best not to allow that to happen.

You can add it to the main.cpp file and Block old clients based on time and protocol number, this is an example from PayCon.

if (nTime > 1430124800 && pfrom->nVersion < 70122)
        {
            // Since February 20, 2012, the protocol is initiated at version 209,
            // and earlier versions are no longer supported
            printf("partner %s using obsolete version %i; disconnecting\n", pfrom->addr.ToString().c_str(), pfrom->nVersion);
            pfrom->fDisconnect = true;
            return false;
        }

I agree with this completely.  People don't always pay attention to wallet releases and if the wallet appears to be working normally they just let it go.  This will let them know that they need to upgrade.

Don't worry this is all already covered in the fork commit.

All good, was just making sure. I had people still on old versions months later and since there was an original OP I couldn't control, there were also people trying to download there too but they could never connect and ask about it, I'd ask them what version it was and if they didn't know I'd get them to post a picture (It's also helpful if there are some cosmetic changes too) and then can just get them sorted and on the right version.
see my profile

Thx!
Jump to: