Author

Topic: [ANN] [MINT] Mintcoin (POS / 5%) [NO ICO] [Fair distro, community maintained] - page 127. (Read 1369778 times)

Activity: 23
Merit: 0
Good Morning Everyone!

The wallets are complete however still need wallet compiler assistance for Windows, Mac and Linux - any takers?

Sure, I've been trying to compile 1.17 anyway so why not.  I've been trying with QT-Creator on windows but something tells me I'm going to have to switch to Linux.  I do have Debian system.  Can anybody tell me what version of QT-Creator to use?  Also, have any of the libraries been updated from what was used in 1.17?
legendary
Activity: 1330
Merit: 1000
Blockchain Developer
Activity: 356
Merit: 250
Good Morning Everyone!

The wallets are complete however still need wallet compiler assistance for Windows, Mac and Linux - any takers?
Never done it before. What is it?  How do you do it? Smiley
Activity: 425
Good Morning Everyone!

Activity: 269
Merit: 252
I think it is a scheme to get people to invest in NXT. You have to buy NXT in order to invest in it. I would just buy the coins you want directly. It is easy enough. Personally, I only want MINT anyway  Cool

Yes , I agree , better buy each one you like to invest directly — this allows also for much more control whenever you'd need or fancy to adjust the holdings . Total Control Roll Eyes
Activity: 291
Ezekiel 34:11, John 10:25-30
I think it is a scheme to get people to invest in NXT. You have to buy NXT in order to invest in it. I would just buy the coins you want directly. It is easy enough. Personally, I only want MINT anyway  Cool
Mintcoin entered top20 cryptocurrencies Index Coinoindex.com, which can be traded at Poloniex exchange now.

This is really big news right? How did I not hear about this before?
legendary
Activity: 1092
How do you update it?

Dev just types in a new one over the old one in the source code before it is compiled.

Cool
FYI:
Consider updating your subversion in this wallet release.
Sub-version is /MintCoin:0.7.2/ since the start last year, when you click on the node list in chainz ,  it shows all IP addresses by subver, so it will not separate the IPs by version, unless the subver is updated.
Protocol update to 6007 will only show the # on that protocol , not the IP address.
https://chainz.cryptoid.info/mint/#!network

Cool

How do you update it?
legendary
Activity: 1092
FYI:
Consider updating your subversion in this wallet release.
Sub-version is /MintCoin:0.7.2/ since the start last year, when you click on the node list in chainz ,  it shows all IP addresses by subver, so it will not separate the IPs by version, unless the subver is updated.
Protocol update to 6007 will only show the # on that protocol , not the IP address.
https://chainz.cryptoid.info/mint/#!network

Cool
Activity: 32
Could we have some details on the decided changes?

This may sound like tech Jargon but I'll do my best to explain:

As far as I know, the only thing being changed that requires the hard fork is the time allowed for the search interval (hashdrift) and also the timedrift. This is basically a security update related to the possible vulnerability of a time-warp attack. Basically, all that is happening is that the time allowed for the hashdrift and the timedrift are being reduced. The hashdrift is being reduced to 15 seconds and the timedrift is being reduced to 30 seconds which is in line with mintcoin's 30 second block target. A timedrift that is further out in time than the block target presents a vulnerability. The vulnerability is a potential to trick the Mintcoin network into ever decreasing difficulty. This hard fork will make this impossible. The hashdrift (timestamp search interval) is being lowered to help prevent a surge in orphan blocks, as it is better to have the time of the hashdrift below the time of the timedrift. The hashdrift (timestamp search interval) helps the network know what time it is so that it can basically keep the ledger going on a continual time that everyone agrees on.

Specifically:
The hashdrift (timestamp search interval) is being reduced to 15 seconds.
The timedrift is being reduced to 30 seconds.

As far as Supasonic's changes, these are just some wallet GUI optimizations that don't require the hard fork, but are going to be included in it anyway, just to make the wallet more user-friendly.

I hope that helps explain. If anyone knows better, or wants to add to this, please do.   Smiley
Thanks that makes sense I think Smiley, I got a couple of things wrong on how I thought my p2p protocol worked (it actually uses the average time calculated between connected clients and removed outliers above a certain limit but not looked at it for like 14 months. it also had a different purpose than a coin and was designed more like bittorrent as a distributed database. Building 50 nodes in an L(1) configuration Vid on 1 computer using TCP average of 14 connections per client, 320 nodes in a least redundancy configuration=vid I'm sure there are some major flaws in security but I'm learning)
(in case anyone is interested)
Activity: 425
Mintcoin Fund Board Members Needed to complete USA Registration for Non-Profit Status. in list Discussion

"How many directors will serve on the Board of Directors?
Enter the number of regular directors who will serve, starting with the first annual Mintcoin Fund meeting. The number of directors cannot be less than three. This number does not need to be the same number as the initial directors named in the Articles of Incorporation. Next enter the term, in years, that each will serve. If staggered terms were established by the Articles, some of the initial directors will serve a shorter term."

Please let me know if you are interested in a long-term board position for Mintcoin Fund. As a board member we will vote on charities which we support and will be notified when funds transfer hands between the community and charity for which we are funding.

https://trello.com/c/SQzM3NZR/1-mintcoin-board-members-needed-to-complete-usa-registration-for-non-profit-status
Please PM me for a trello invite if interested and unable to access.
Activity: 314
Activity: 297
Bitcoin is to money what the internet was to media
Hello everybody!

I'm pretty late on getting help on this, but has anyone seen this error before when starting up the mintcoin daemon

root@bigsmall:~/Mintcoin-Desktop-Wallet/src# ./mintcoind
mintcoind: main.cpp:2585: bool LoadBlockIndex(bool): Assertion `block.GetHash() == (!fTestNet ? hashGenesisBlock : hashGenesisBlockTestNet)' failed.
Aborted

Some notes to add to the context here:

I'm building the daemon on an ARM processor, and had to remove a number of arguments in the make files that pertained to i86 processors. The daemon built successfully after a number of error resolutions that most of which pertained to ARM processors.

Is there any other info I could provide on this? (OS = ubuntu 14.04, mintcoin source direct from github)
Activity: 574
Merit: 500
Not at the moment. But there is also the option to uninstall the client after you've downloaded the blockchain.
Activity: 2170
Merit: 640
Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game
Is there a normal torrent somewhere, or do I have to use this btsync crap to get to the bootstrap file?
I don't want that shit on my system.
I've been trying to sync this wallet now for more than a week, what a mess!
Activity: 294
Trade or Dyer
Activity: 613
Merit: 500
Mintcoin: Get some

This may sound like tech Jargon but I'll do my best to explain:

As far as I know, the only thing being changed that requires the hard fork is the time allowed for the search interval (hashdrift) and also the timedrift. This is basically a security update related to the possible vulnerability of a time-warp attack. Basically, all that is happening is that the time allowed for the hashdrift and the timedrift are being reduced. The hashdrift is being reduced to 15 seconds and the timedrift is being reduced to 30 seconds which is in line with mintcoin's 30 second block target. A timedrift that is further out in time than the block target presents a vulnerability. The vulnerability is a potential to trick the Mintcoin network into ever decreasing difficulty. This hard fork will make this impossible. The hashdrift (timestamp search interval) is being lowered to help prevent a surge in orphan blocks, as it is better to have the time of the hashdrift below the time of the timedrift. The hashdrift (timestamp search interval) helps the network know what time it is so that it can basically keep the ledger going on a continual time that everyone agrees on.

Specifically:
The hashdrift (timestamp search interval) is being reduced to 15 seconds.
The timedrift is being reduced to 30 seconds.

As far as Supasonic's changes, these are just some wallet GUI optimizations that don't require the hard fork, but are going to be included in it anyway, just to make the wallet more user-friendly.

I hope that helps explain. If anyone knows better, or wants to add to this, please do.   Smiley
Activity: 32
Jump to: