Author

Topic: [ANN] [MINT] Mintcoin (POS / 5%) [NO ICO] [Fair distro, community maintained] - page 147. (Read 1369778 times)

Activity: 32
Merit: 0
Price does look upwards atm. In case anyone was interested here's what I've been doing over the last 6 months... http://www.mathewoxenham.co.uk/files/pi/quadcopter/quadcopter.html
Activity: 285
Merit: 255
Sell orders are getting very thin, looking good!
Activity: 4
Nice buy support on cryptsy!
Activity: 425
Merit: 250
Reminds me of the DotCom Boom Smiley

For those who aren't aware, Comkort exchange is closing. Time to get your MINT out:

"...ALL users have to withdraw their funds before July 19th, 2015 inclusively. July 20th, 2015 we will suspend servers which will deactivate all the wallets and all further withdrawals will be technically impossible."
I am beginning to get the sense that crypto exchanges are, if not already, the next realm of mass scamming. Open an exchange, people deposit, then quickly shut down (taking all the coins).  Roll Eyes
Activity: 356
For those who aren't aware, Comkort exchange is closing. Time to get your MINT out:

"...ALL users have to withdraw their funds before July 19th, 2015 inclusively. July 20th, 2015 we will suspend servers which will deactivate all the wallets and all further withdrawals will be technically impossible."
I am beginning to get the sense that crypto exchanges are, if not already, the next realm of mass scamming. Open an exchange, people deposit, then quickly shut down (taking all the coins).  Roll Eyes
Activity: 672
Merit: 500
Banned: For Your Protection

I have an issue with the wallet (1.17) on the computer I've been running it on for a year (windows 7 64bit), the splash screen loads up, it loads the block index etc. The UI then pops up and sits there in a Not responding state. This happened after the computer lost power while the wallet was open and unlocked for minting.

The debug.log isnt showing any errors, the daemon seems to be running fine in the background behind the UI (I can see it updating the blockchain correctly).

I've found a way to get it running by simply copying the data to another computer (also windows 7 64bit) and running an identical copy, it runs fine then. Which leads me to think it's likely a temporary file or something lying around on the original computer that's not in the data folder or the mintcoin program folder.

You need to download and run the whitecoin wallet, then close it and open your mint wallet and it will be ok, I know it seems odd, but it works!

When you do this, do you need to let the Whitecoin wallet sync completely before closing it out, or, will just running it for a bit, and then exiting work? I don't currently have any problems, just curiosity.
You just open it for like 15 seconds. Then go back to Mintcoin and it should work. I believe any Mintcoin clone coins can do the trick too.

Fixed it, I deleted the BitcoinURI file in the "C:\ProgramData\boost_interprocess\Select LastBootUpTime from Win32_OperatingSystem" folder
Okay great. How did you figure that out? Smiley
I used Process Explorer to view the handles used by mintcoin, ignoring dlls, files in the mintcoin folder and registry entries that left just one file Smiley Tested it on a fresh datadir just to be sure. I guess whitecoin etc. are using a more recent version of the boost library.

That's a great thing to know - thanks for sharing!
I have an issue with the wallet (1.17) on the computer I've been running it on for a year (windows 7 64bit), the splash screen loads up, it loads the block index etc. The UI then pops up and sits there in a Not responding state. This happened after the computer lost power while the wallet was open and unlocked for minting.

The debug.log isnt showing any errors, the daemon seems to be running fine in the background behind the UI (I can see it updating the blockchain correctly).

I've found a way to get it running by simply copying the data to another computer (also windows 7 64bit) and running an identical copy, it runs fine then. Which leads me to think it's likely a temporary file or something lying around on the original computer that's not in the data folder or the mintcoin program folder.

You need to download and run the whitecoin wallet, then close it and open your mint wallet and it will be ok, I know it seems odd, but it works!

When you do this, do you need to let the Whitecoin wallet sync completely before closing it out, or, will just running it for a bit, and then exiting work? I don't currently have any problems, just curiosity.
You just open it for like 15 seconds. Then go back to Mintcoin and it should work. I believe any Mintcoin clone coins can do the trick too.

Fixed it, I deleted the BitcoinURI file in the "C:\ProgramData\boost_interprocess\Select LastBootUpTime from Win32_OperatingSystem" folder
I used Process Explorer to view the handles used by mintcoin, ignoring dlls, files in the mintcoin folder and registry entries that left just one file Smiley Tested it on a fresh datadir just to be sure. I guess whitecoin etc. are using a more recent version of the boost library.
Activity: 490
Go to mintcoinofficial.com, click download bootstrap.dat under download wallet.

thank you!
Activity: 574
Go to mintcoinofficial.com, click download bootstrap.dat under download wallet.

Could anyone post an updated blockchain?
i'm 50 days ago but it takes so long time

legendary
Activity: 1974
Merit: 1010
This mint will be sacrificed for the coin and a mint video.  Give thanks to mother nature and drink a mojito.  AMEN.   Cool

Is there any news about the new features of the wallet?

i'm speaking about this thread
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.11350726

Activity: 257
Merit: 100

What is going on with Bitcoin? I hear something about a possible hard fork soon. Apparently not everyone in the community has consensus though. Anyone know the details of what's going on? Is there a deadline? What's the risk to BTC holders?
Jump to: