Author

Topic: [ANN] [MINT] Mintcoin (POS / 5%) [NO ICO] [Fair distro, community maintained] - page 151. (Read 1369778 times)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0
I don't care too much for the current price of MINT either since I believe that the coin is one of the very best alternatives for Bitcoin out there. With the right marketing efforts MINT could easily be one of the "big guys" since it is, in my opinion, far superior to many, if not all, of the altcoins out there.

Warning:  Will be seen as FUD by the pumpers.

LOL,
Problems with Mint

No Dev
Community unwilling to donate toward a great block explorer
Community unwilling to donate toward finding a new Dev
If you look at the great block explorer (22 days left) less than 2% Minting
You guys think Podcasts actually make more of a difference than a Dev

This coin has been running off of the work left over from the original dev.
Nothing of importance has happened since he was bullied out.

Just Sayin. 

He was not bullied out - he was asked for transparency on the pre-mine as it was supposed to be used for supporting the community.
He took the majority of the pre-mine out as payment to himself and then no longer had time to commit to the project when it ran out.

https://github.com/MintcoinCommunity/Mintcoin-Desktop-Wallet/commits/master?page=3

All other initial developers left the lead developer 3 months in and the last standing developer gave up and cashed out as payment to himself for his work.
He was gracious enough to hand down the assets to the community for continual improvement.

The "original dev" is actually one of a many just handed down in an anonymous manor. Now we are open and transparent.

The podcasts are there to keep the community informed. This is also a tool I use to recruit.

Thanks to community donations I almost have enough to register Mintcoin Fund as a Non-Profit here in Wisconsin in the next coming months.

The community also donated towards an android wallet and hundreds of dollars towards the keepod campaign.

You are right though from one aspect....
We need more volunteers.

Right now the following continual efforts are being managed through donations:
- Graphics design
- Hosting
- Web maintenance
- Press Releases
- Business Integration
- Bitcoin Talk Announcement Updates
- Reddit Updates
- Facebook Moderators
- Twitter Supporters
- Reddit Supporters / Technical Support
- Mintcoin Official Moderation

Up until a month ago we also had the wallet and android development support donated by RoboGuy.
He unfortunately is tied back up and will not be able to participate in development until his current project is completed.

I do not see you as a Fudster. You have genuine concerns and feel it is pertinent to share them. That's awesome. The crypto community needs people to to ask questions. Way too many newbies out there getting burned.

I also believe that if you have these questions so do others - I am happy to share what I know with anyone.

How can I donate to you?
Activity: 356
Merit: 250
Up until a month ago we also had the wallet and android development support donated by RoboGuy.
He unfortunately is tied back up and will not be able to participate in development until his current project is completed.

Just out of curiosity, about how long until his current project is completed? Is he planning to be back after that?
Activity: 356
Try contacting other coin developers like Peercoin's "Sunny King", and ask them if they know of any other dev they would recommend. I would try to talk with Novacoin's "Balthazar" as I think a lot of Mintcoin's code stems from that coin, with the exception that MINT is full POS and there has been changes since. Maybe he would consider helping out. Just a thought. Roll Eyes
Activity: 325
I don't care too much for the current price of MINT either since I believe that the coin is one of the very best alternatives for Bitcoin out there. With the right marketing efforts MINT could easily be one of the "big guys" since it is, in my opinion, far superior to many, if not all, of the altcoins out there.

LOL,
Problems with Mint

No Dev

Just Sayin. 

He was not bullied out - he was asked for transparency on the pre-mine as it was supposed to be used for supporting the community.
He took the majority of the pre-mine out as payment to himself and then no longer had time to commit to the project when it ran out.

https://github.com/MintcoinCommunity/Mintcoin-Desktop-Wallet/commits/master?page=3

All other initial developers left the lead developer 3 months in and the last standing developer gave up and cashed out as payment to himself for his work.
He was gracious enough to hand down the assets to the community for continual improvement.

The "original dev" is actually one of a many just handed down in an anonymous manor. Now we are open and transparent.

The podcasts are there to keep the community informed. This is also a tool I use to recruit.

Thanks to community donations I almost have enough to register Mintcoin Fund as a Non-Profit here in Wisconsin in the next coming months.

The community also donated towards an android wallet and hundreds of dollars towards the keepod campaign.

You are right though from one aspect....
We need more volunteers.

Right now the following continual efforts are being managed through donations:
- Graphics design
- Hosting
- Web maintenance
- Press Releases
- Business Integration
- Bitcoin Talk Announcement Updates
- Reddit Updates
- Facebook Moderators
- Twitter Supporters
- Reddit Supporters / Technical Support
- Mintcoin Official Moderation

I do not see you as a Fudster. You have genuine concerns and feel it is pertinent to share them. That's awesome. The crypto community needs people to to ask questions. Way too many newbies out there getting burned.

I also believe that if you have these questions so do others - I am happy to share what I know with anyone.

Activity: 442

LOL,
Problems with Mint

No Dev

Just Sayin. 
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
It's one of the core principles of Benjamin Graham: "A stock (crypto) is not just a ticker symbol or an electronic blip; it is an ownership interest (stake) in an actual business (currency), with an underlying value that does not depend on its share price."

"You gotta know when to hold 'em, know when to fold 'em"  Wink
legendary
Activity: 3052
Merit: 1053
bit.diamonds | uNiq.diamonds

Instead of owning 50 or 100 cryptos, try to pare that list down to the best ideas, and hold them longer.  There are cycles to everything. If something is down, or up, it doesn't mean it will stay constantly up, or constantly down.

I think Mintcoin is a great idea. I love the name and what it stands for and represents. Great investment returns come from  portfolios made up of a few stocks (or few Cryptos),  held for a long time. And over time these positions come to dominate the portfolio.

time to check out my side investments of my altcoin crypto portfolio

i dont full agree with z Flyskyhigh
investing in a lot coins can make sence

if u invest in 10 potential x20 value raise coins

if only 1 of them make it u already x2 ur investment

and the chanced that the other 9 not colapse to zero value is high to

so realistic is x3

after a bit learning i think most people will be able dedect longterm crypto coins like MINT and DMD
and see the difference between them and the endless coins that rise each month and die 3 months later

so i suggest a well split investment in a lot longterm active coins to reduce risc and increase chances u bet on the right horse

stay away of fresh coins with IPO and premine..............

i myself even if logical have most investment in DMD as core team member still have like 25% of my investment split between a lot other longterm altcoins

i dont invest in BTC/LTC because they have lowest chance to x20 they have already a high value

they can if thing go great x5 maybe but not x20

and good altcoin rasise together with btc anyway to u profit from a btc raise without hold BTC

and people we all know why we hold MINT or DMD or similar longterm POS coins

because we love to earn value even of our coin value stay just stable towards BTC because we earn POS rewards
Activity: 291
Ezekiel 34:11, John 10:25-30
Most financial advisors will recommend a diversified portfolio.

Warren Buffet says to put all your eggs in one basket and watch over that basket. I would agree.

A diversified Portfolio delivers comfort, but a concentrated portfolio, in the hands of a savvy investor, can produce  exceptionally excellent results.

Most great investors pursue a strategy of owning large amounts of relatively few stocks (or Cryptos).

Buffet's top 5 holdings made up  76% of his total portfolio.  

Most investors annually flip, rather than holding for the long-term, many years.

Claude Shannon racked an annual return of 28%. That's better than Warren Buffet. How did he do it?

Shannon's approach to investing was simple. ..He was a buy and hold fundamentalist.

When he died, researchers found his 3 largest positions made up 98% of his portfolio, and nearly 80% of his account was in a single stock..

So much for diversification.

Shannon explained, that he never in 30 years attempted to "balance" the portfolio. At this time he was 70 years old.

An interesting book to read if you want to learn more about Shannon's story, is William Poundstone's, Fortune's Formula.

Let this be an encouragement to all you MINT holders out there. A word of caution.... A focused portfolio means it will. Be more volatile. For great investors this is no concern.  . ..They take on that price volatility in the short run in exchange for better returns in the long run. Go for the long haul. I don't care about performance relative to the next 6 months....not saying it doesn't hurt, possibly feeling it in the short term, but, it is the only way unless you want to dismantle a sound set of investing principles.

Instead of owning 50 or 100 cryptos, try to pare that list down to the best ideas, and hold them longer.  There are cycles to everything. If something is down, or up, it doesn't mean it will stay constantly up, or constantly down.

I think Mintcoin is a great idea. I love the name and what it stands for and represents. Great investment returns come from  portfolios made up of a few stocks (or few Cryptos),  held for a long time. And over time these positions come to dominate the portfolio.

Just wanted to share this insight with the Mintcoin community. I think Mintcoin is going to be great in years to come. Hope this point of view can help you see financially....

Thanks.
Blessings,
Flyskyhigh!
Activity: 614
Merit: 506
Applications
Wow thanks for doing this. I didnt knew that this is possible via github. I hope they update it in OP.

The use of Github & many other coding sites can be utilized for many things, which the future of coding is quickly growing to become one of the top fields as of 2015 (machines don't funtion without code). All depends on if you're the type of person to want to know whats behind the graphics, sound, etc.. of things (websites, GUI or UI = user interface)? This is the one thing open source has that inspires me, as it does many people around the world & seeing what it takes to build these interfaces  Cool

P.S. I have helped many OP's, MINT being for the keepod kid charity & cryptomommy was very kind to let me join trello (that should be in the OP?). I did let her know a few weeks ago that I would be offline for a while, but just thought I'd help with the small update of the OP.
Activity: 840
Merit: 1000
I have just sent an update for the OP, please if you're going to keep me as a quote in the OP & need updates? Just send me a message, the changes made to the mintcoin.cc explorer leads to the New CryptoID explorer now & is misleading with the old text / design (updated with the correct text & design). I also updated the code on github to show exactly what changes were made, thanks & MINT on Cool

Updated code: https://github.com/TestingCrypto/ANN-OP-Thread-BBcode/commit/5d977e0b2e26f40868a68a4babec14b31e3d2a51

1) ~ Windows (1.17.0) | Mac (1.17.0) | Linux (1.17.0) | Android (1.05.apk)

2) ~                         CryptoID                       

Wow thanks for doing this. I didnt knew that this is possible via github. I hope they update it in OP.
Activity: 614
Merit: 506
Applications
I have just sent an update for the OP, please if you're going to keep me as a quote in the OP & need updates? Just send me a message, the changes made to the mintcoin.cc explorer leads to the New CryptoID explorer now & is misleading with the old text / design (updated with the correct text & design). I also updated the code on github to show exactly what changes were made, thanks & MINT on Cool

Updated code: https://github.com/TestingCrypto/ANN-OP-Thread-BBcode/commit/5d977e0b2e26f40868a68a4babec14b31e3d2a51

1) ~ Windows (1.17.0) | Mac (1.17.0) | Linux (1.17.0) | Android (1.05.apk)

2) ~                        CryptoID                        

Activity: 291
Ezekiel 34:11, John 10:25-30
It's vacation time. Planning a trip and want to book hotels, flights with Mintcoin? Check out the ShapeShift Lens browser plugin. Lens allows you to make purchases with your altcoin of choice with vendors that accept bitcoin for payment like Expedia.com, CheapAir.com and more! https://shapeshift.io/lens.html

Download on Google Chrome: http://bit.ly/1EIggaH

Download on Mozilla Firefox: http://bit.ly/1GapJw3

I must say, that fox looks great! ...in Mintcoin colored shades!  Cool
legendary
Activity: 882
Merit: 1024
I admire your work and dedication, keep it up and thank you!

Ditto!

Without you Mintcoin would have languished and faded away like so many others. Dedication and integrity are rare in the altcoin scene.

I remember a time before CryptoMommy started doing the podcasts, i almost forgot that i hold Mintcoin. She got it back on scene.

Thank you for all of the kind words - I am not trying to be preachy I just want to make sure it is understood that I have no intentions of being "the boss" lol. I am just here to help.

I've been following MintCoin for a while and CryptoMommy does a fantastic job. I don't see it as being preachy because if you are not being clear that it is opensource and requires the work of many people helping then people will attribute that it's one persons Coin or one person makes all the decisions and so less work gets done because it's assumed that one person is doing all the work and paying for the expenses to outsource the more complicated work.
Activity: 448
Merit: 252
Follow us on our new account ShapeShift.com
It's vacation time. Planning a trip and want to book hotels, flights with Mintcoin? Check out the ShapeShift Lens browser plugin. Lens allows you to make purchases with your altcoin of choice with vendors that accept bitcoin for payment like Expedia.com, CheapAir.com and more! https://shapeshift.io/lens.html

Download on Google Chrome: http://bit.ly/1EIggaH

Download on Mozilla Firefox: http://bit.ly/1GapJw3

Activity: 257
Merit: 100
Start MINTing on arm processors - low power cheep nodes for everyone Smiley

Startup your Raspberry-pi's and CuBox-i's

A bit of a hack needed but it works

https://github.com/MintcoinCommunity/Mintcoin-Desktop-Wallet/issues/11#issuecomment-101760242

Hey!!! i want to build a mintcoin node on my raspberry pi, but not sure how to! this is great... do node owners get some sort of retribution from fees?... I hope I can make it work, i will post pics if i manage to make it
Activity: 134

https://github.com/MintcoinCommunity/Mintcoin-Desktop-Wallet/issues/11#issuecomment-101760242

Great new. keep it moving.  Smiley
Activity: 141

Activity: 425

Ditto!

Without you Mintcoin would have languished and faded away like so many others. Dedication and integrity are rare in the altcoin scene.

I remember a time before CryptoMommy started doing the podcasts, i almost forgot that i hold Mintcoin. She got it back on scene.

Thank you for all of the kind words - I am not trying to be preachy I just want to make sure it is understood that I have no intentions of being "the boss" lol. I am just here to help.
Hey guys, i am mining to the block explorer donation address using my 750ti on

http://yaamp.com/?address=1QJpbqzkyFNcLGsC46DjXJmY1hLgHoya5C

Feel free to join me in doing this. I haven't seen a donation yet after the initial one. We just need 0.0014 BTC/day(at current $/BTC rate) or $0.33/day to keep it running.

Regards

Sam Smiley

Ditto!

Jump to: