Author

Topic: [ANN] [MINT] Mintcoin (POS / 5%) [NO ICO] [Fair distro, community maintained] - page 177. (Read 1369778 times)

legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000
Kaspa
I'm sorry for the OFF but I do need to ask:
Shall I experience any performance improvement if I add a 1GB of RAM to my configuration of  3GHz dual Celleron/3 GB RAM/WinXP and switch to Win7? All that with an nVidia Sapphire HD6790 card.
It won't hurt. Mintcoin uses about .5 GB of ram on my windows 7 machine. And about 10-20% of my 1.4 GHz CPU.  I can still game on it with Minting going on. Every little bit helps though.

I was wondering about that... the mint wallet does seem to run heavier than most pos wallets, is there a reason?
Activity: 291
Merit: 250
Ezekiel 34:11, John 10:25-30

Mintcoin Bull hiding in the bushes
Activity: 356
Shall I experience any performance improvement if I add a 1GB of RAM to my configuration of  3GHz dual Celleron/3 GB RAM/WinXP and switch to Win7? All that with an nVidia Sapphire HD6790 card.
It won't hurt. Mintcoin uses about .5 GB of ram on my windows 7 machine. And about 10-20% of my 1.4 GHz CPU.  I can still game on it with Minting going on. Every little bit helps though.
Activity: 101
Merit: 10
Shall I experience any performance improvement if I add a 1GB of RAM to my configuration of  3GHz dual Celleron/3 GB RAM/WinXP and switch to Win7? All that with an nVidia Sapphire HD6790 card.
Activity: 336
Good to see Mint is holding a bit value again and it seems it's slowly on the rise. Slow but steady  Cool

Cool KEEP ON MINTING  Cheesy
Activity: 101
Merit: 10
Both multifaucet.tk and cyanrainbow.com work fine with me. I haven't seen any viruses/malware there.
legendary
Activity: 1190
Kaspa

great job on the new podcast Cheesy very informative. well deserved respect in the markets again, I hope to see the community grow again and at these prices it's still like getting in on the ground floor. lol 1 year in crypto land is like 10 years anywhere else, congrats to the Mintcoin team staying strong!!

it was hilarious to see how many people were scared of 20% interest causing too much inflation... then it turned out to be less then half. Cheesy so even 15-20% interest is only enough incentive for half the people to stake their coins. so the network could have been twice as secure if everyone staked right? so lowering it anymore could potentially mean even more coins sitting on exchanges. I love how polo doesn't stake their wallets Cheesy and wish that cryptsy and others would do the same.

as crazy as it sounds raising the pos % back to 20 or even 50% would be something to think about at 50% we would probably have closer to 75% of people staking their coins instead of just half of them. I used to think the coins with 1000% or mmxiv's 2014% (and now the 10k experiments 10,000% pos lol) were bat sh!t crazy but their networks are crazy strong 10k hit over 1 mill network weight in it's first days of pure pos (time will tell what the market says but so far I've made my initial investment back 3-4x)

anywho just some thoughts Smiley

Tweet Tweet Wink

https://twitter.com/fonzerrellie/status/564938698408468480

legendary
Activity: 1974
Merit: 1010
Wallet version 1.11 does not mint on osx.

Correct.  That is an old wallet.  Download 1.14
legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1005

Happy belated birthday, Mintcoin!

You've accomplished what 90% of other cryptocurrencies haven't and that is making it to your first birthday.

Congratulations oldtimer! Wink
Activity: 425
This has now been completed - thanks @ursay for handling this.

I'm guessing 1.14 will fix most of these issues.  Download from Google Drive...

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0ByiwIYtArulmREVPYk1nZG9QOTQ&usp=sharing&tid=0ByiwIYtArulmNS0yZ3BDWHlZTlk

Thanks but the linux 64 bit wallet is 1.12.0

Hopefully cryptomommy can update the linked builds to current.  Until then I found 1.14 builds from Robo and added them to Mega.  Happy 1 year mintcoin!  Wooooooooo!!!  Smiley

mintcoin_linux32_ver1.14.zip 5.9 MB
https://mega.co.nz/#!RZAXlRpC!LlDtyx1ONUTXKrkYw6GkU70rX6e_4kvnsFWl0uu1_OE

mintcoin_linux64_ver1.14.zip 5.7 MB
https://mega.co.nz/#!lBBBlAiL!oFQ2_Gtzj4G-TCCjnC6C7q8nkw0tNtUtbb-ANmSqA1Q

What information would you like added to the OP, sure that could be a simple addition & added upon request. I started volunteering for the OP on MINT when they were doing the Keepod charity & am willing to help with any further ways to improve it.

The OP does not say that there is a coin cap of 70 billion. Right? That's it I think.

Once we hit 70 Billion the coin was originally configured to continually mint at 5%.

Once again thanks for doing this - updated all of your changes Smiley
Love the new additions btw Smiley

Thanks am not really that interested in faucets as such but was just checking out if they actually worked.  It just plain looks bad if the official thread links to malware/spam that opens browser windows without permission add that to the lack of clear information about coin supply and it's likely to put new people off investing or buying Mint.

What information would you like added to the OP, sure that could be a simple addition & added upon request. I started volunteering for the OP on MINT when they were doing the Keepod charity & am willing to help with any further ways to improve it.

I agree with you. Links should be checked and vetted more often.

I wonder if there's a way to create a BBcode file on github, then any changes are open for the community?

Edit: Done, great idea & will have to start doing that as a requirement to show trust on updates.
Even a great way to keep a backup of the ANN, just incase BitCoinTalk or other forums are not working Cool

https://github.com/TestingCrypto/ANN-OP-Thread-BBcode/blob/master/MINT.txt
Activity: 574
Merit: 500
The OP does not say that there is a coin cap of 70 billion. Right? That's it I think.

Didn't someone state some time ago there is no max number of coins programmed in the wallet?
legendary
Activity: 1120
Merit: 1003
twet.ch/inv/62d7ae96
Wallet version 1.11 does not mint on osx.
Activity: 613
Mintcoin: Get some

Activity: 614
Merit: 506
Applications
Thanks am not really that interested in faucets as such but was just checking out if they actually worked.  It just plain looks bad if the official thread links to malware/spam that opens browser windows without permission add that to the lack of clear information about coin supply and it's likely to put new people off investing or buying Mint.

I wonder if there's a way to create a BBcode file on github, then any changes are open for the community?

Edit: Done, great idea & will have to start doing that as a requirement to show trust on updates.
Even a great way to keep a backup of the ANN, just incase BitCoinTalk or other forums are not working Cool

https://github.com/TestingCrypto/ANN-OP-Thread-BBcode/blob/master/MINT.txt
legendary
Activity: 952
Cyanrainbow works well for me, but I do have Adguard installed so it doesn't redirect to any other sites.

AFAIK most rewarding MINT faucet is... http://www.thecoinmine.com/forums/register.php?affid=862975

Thanks am not really that interested in faucets as such but was just checking out if they actually worked.  It just plain looks bad if the official thread links to malware/spam that opens browser windows without permission add that to the lack of clear information about coin supply and it's likely to put new people off investing or buying Mint.
Cyanrainbow works well for me, but I do have Adguard installed so it doesn't redirect to any other sites.

AFAIK most rewarding MINT faucet is... http://www.thecoinmine.com/forums/register.php?affid=862975
Jump to: