Author

Topic: [ANN] [MINT] Mintcoin (POS / 5%) [NO ICO] [Fair distro, community maintained] - page 195. (Read 1369778 times)

legendary
Activity: 1680
Merit: 1003
Well, That's Crypto :-\
Good morning everyone,

My father passed this Sunday and I cancelled last nights meeting. I do apologize.

I have some exciting news coming up. I will try to get the next podcast out hopefully in the next day or two.

Jessie

Condolences to you and your family.
Sending thoughts of peace.
legendary
Activity: 1876
Merit: 1014
Good morning everyone,

My father passed this Sunday and I cancelled last nights meeting. I do apologize.

I have some exciting news coming up. I will try to get the next podcast out hopefully in the next day or two.

Jessie

Condolences to your family

So sorry for your loss. Deepest condolences to you and your family.

I am thinking about you and sending love.

Take care
Activity: 672
Merit: 500
Banned: For Your Protection
Good morning everyone,

Jessie

So sorry for your loss. Deepest condolences to you and your family.

I am thinking about you and sending love.

Activity: 211
Merit: 100
Good morning everyone,

Jessie

Activity: 425
Merit: 250
Good morning everyone,

Jessie
legendary
Activity: 1090
Merit: 1000
The last linux 64 bit wallet is v1.12.
What is version v1.13.0.0? Downloaded from official site links...

I guess I could be wrong, or missing something. I am going by the download link at http://mintcoin.cc/

EDIT: Your right - the one from 28 days ago is v1.13 - sorry   Sad
Activity: 62
Merit: 10
What is version v1.13.0.0? Downloaded from official site links...
Activity: 62
Merit: 10
What is last version of wallet?
legendary
Activity: 1974
Merit: 1010
I'm concerned about the lack of dialogue here and on Reddit.  Are things happening behind the scenes?  Maybe I am just out of the loop?

The team is working publicly thru Trello.  This is probably the reason you don't see as much activity here or on Reddit.  A team meeting is planned for tonight as well.  Smiley
Activity: 574
I've read that France is not the most crypto-friendly country.
Activity: 211
Merit: 100
I am a big fan of mintcoin and a big supporter.  When cryptomommy took over there was initially a lot of momentum and support.  There also seemed to be a pretty solid team of people assembled to help this coin.  However I'm concerned about the lack of dialogue here and on Reddit.  Are things happening behind the scenes?  Why aren't more people excited about this coin?  Maybe I am just out of the loop?
God damn FRENCH FUND was meant to take one month in AUGUST. It is NOVEMBER FOR GOD SAKE. No news since.
It was supposed to be 6 months max and it was written as such. Do you have any idea how tough it is to open a bank account for a cryptocurrency? Probably not. I do.

Hi David! I had thought the six month time frame had been spelled out clearly enough.

It's nice to see you chime in, though. It may help to keep faith, for those who aren't as patient.

Hope you are doing well!! And I hope everyone else is doing well also!

Activity: 658
Merit: 503
Monero Core Team
God damn FRENCH FUND was meant to take one month in AUGUST. It is NOVEMBER FOR GOD SAKE. No news since.
It was supposed to be 6 months max and it was written as such. Do you have any idea how tough it is to open a bank account for a cryptocurrency? Probably not. I do.
Activity: 356
Hey does anyone know where I can find a nice hi res image banner saying mintcoin accepted here?
I looked around and couldn't find it.
I am hoping to post it up on a page where all the different coin accepted badges can be found and easily accessed.

Here is the link to where it will be posted, thanks in advance. Smiley

http://betaits.com/other/digital-alternate-currency-high-res-logos

Here is a picture I had saved earlier to my computer (high resolution):

Here is the same pic a little bit enlarged (less resolution but bigger):

There are also some other variants:

Here is the zip file of the set from mintcoin-central:
http://mintcoin-central.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/setIcons-banners.zip
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
Hey does anyone know where I can find a nice hi res image banner saying mintcoin accepted here?
I looked around and couldn't find it.
I am hoping to post it up on a page where all the different coin accepted badges can be found and easily accessed.

Here is the link to where it will be posted, thanks in advance. Smiley

http://betaits.com/other/digital-alternate-currency-high-res-logos
Activity: 425
Mintcoin.cc Website Overhaul Bounty Collection

I would like to start a collection of funds to outsource a fresh new website for Mintcoin.cc.

This will be the bounty address: MgNdnqhY6LtP5m6L25oVzExgTZ1bGk3iGP

I have kicked it off with 1 million mintcoins.

Please consider donating for this project as our website is in much need of a major overhaul.
legendary
Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000
I am getting an error when I try to send out some coins.

I am thinking it is because it is connected to coins that are currently minting, since if you are generating proof of stake you cannot spend those coins for several blocks 50 or more right???

So my thought logic is, that I should set the reserve balance up to prevent coins from minting and then try it. But I can't remember how to do this. I thought I'd just ask here, How do I set the reserve balance? I went to the debug console and typed in help and it shows command for something about the reserve balance... when i type in reservebalance it says it is set to 0. So how do I increase it to say 5,000,000?

Do I have to do something with MintCoin configuration file?

I imagine it is similar to this guide for how to do it with peercoin? Just hoping for some further guidance. https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/ppcoin-proof-of-stake-minting-setup-guide-187714

Or, I guess I can just wait until it stops minting to spend from that address.

Since the Minting has already started, you have to wait til it is finished for those coins to be available.
To keep something like that from happening in the future , you can go to settings and lock/encrypt your wallet. That way you will only mint when you unlock your wallet and you can then lock it to stop any new mintings until you send out your coins. Any active minting have to be allowed to finish.
Also you may have to unselect all of the coins in coin control and reselect them after the minting finish, if you still have a problem.

Cool

Edit :
In your Pic above, be sure you click on inputs and select which blocks to send.
Activity: 1
Merit: 0
I am getting an error when I try to send out some coins.
https://i.imgur.com/qwRBbbA.png

I am thinking it is because it is connected to coins that are currently minting, since if you are generating proof of stake you cannot spend those coins for several blocks 50 or more right???

So my thought logic is, that I should set the reserve balance up to prevent coins from minting and then try it. But I can't remember how to do this. I thought I'd just ask here, How do I set the reserve balance? I went to the debug console and typed in help and it shows command for something about the reserve balance... when i type in reservebalance it says it is set to 0. So how do I increase it to say 5,000,000?
https://i.imgur.com/7aqGxVw.png

Do I have to do something with MintCoin configuration file?

I imagine it is similar to this guide for how to do it with peercoin? Just hoping for some further guidance. https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/ppcoin-proof-of-stake-minting-setup-guide-187714

Or, I guess I can just wait until it stops minting to spend from that address.
Jump to: