Author

Topic: [ANN] [MINT] Mintcoin (POS / 5%) [NO ICO] [Fair distro, community maintained] - page 196. (Read 1369778 times)

Activity: 18
Merit: 0
Question: Could I copy the chain files from the wallet that works when it is up to date into the other wallet to see what happens, would that work? Then that way I could eliminate the chain updating as the issue and try and identify where I have fluffed it maybe

Yes,
First Steps
1st backup your wallets

One thing to try first , is rename the wallet.dat file and let the PC create a new one, if the mint software then works normally, you have too many blocks in your wallet and should use coin control to combine them to less than 200 blocks total. Have seen someone with over 2000 blocks have the kind of issue you are describing. if this worked , try running a mintcoin-qt -salvagewallet command to open the wallet with coins in it.

Ok if it was not the wallet.dat, here is the fun part.  Cheesy

If you had a crash before Run Chkdsk c: /r/f from the CMD Prompt ( it will reboot and check the drive), it will take some time as it will check every sector of the hard drive and repair any problems.

Delete all of your Temp files in
c:\users\%UserName\appdata\local\temp\
&
c:\windows\temp

Open Cmd Prompt with Administrator rights and run
sfc /scannow this makes sure your windows files are ok

Next Copy the Entire Mintcoin Directory C:\Users\"username"\AppData\Roaming\Mintcoin
to the PC from the working PC. (Has to be the same versions to work)
"username" may be different , but that user must have administrator rights

Boot up and open Mint only , no other wallets or software, if it is not active in under 5 minutes , then reboot the PC and hold down the F8 key , enter SAFE MODE with Networking
Only the bare minimum drivers are loaded. Open Mint again and if it works you have a software conflict with another piece of software either a driver or program in startup.
If that is the case you can go to a command prompt and run msconfig and disable stuff in the startup, until you find what it is.

Or you can skip all of that and use another PC or reformat that one.

Cool

FYI:
If all of the Above Fails Call a Priest, because that PC needs an exorcism.

Thanks for that Smiley I'll give it a whirl
Activity: 672
Merit: 500
Banned: For Your Protection
I'm surprised you guys haven't been demoted to LTC markets yet. 1-2 satoshis trading, you'd definitely be a candidate.  =/

I'm surprised you dropped in to leave a negative comm... oh, wait - no I'm not.   Roll Eyes
Activity: 319
Merit: 250
I'm surprised you guys haven't been demoted to LTC markets yet. 1-2 satoshis trading, you'd definitely be a candidate.  =/
legendary
Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000
Question: Could I copy the chain files from the wallet that works when it is up to date into the other wallet to see what happens, would that work? Then that way I could eliminate the chain updating as the issue and try and identify where I have fluffed it maybe

Yes,
First Steps
1st backup your wallets

One thing to try first , is rename the wallet.dat file and let the PC create a new one, if the mint software then works normally, you have too many blocks in your wallet and should use coin control to combine them to less than 200 blocks total. Have seen someone with over 2000 blocks have the kind of issue you are describing. if this worked , try running a mintcoin-qt -salvagewallet command to open the wallet with coins in it.

Ok if it was not the wallet.dat, here is the fun part.  Cheesy

If you had a crash before Run Chkdsk c: /r/f from the CMD Prompt ( it will reboot and check the drive), it will take some time as it will check every sector of the hard drive and repair any problems.

Delete all of your Temp files in
c:\users\%UserName\appdata\local\temp\
&
c:\windows\temp

Open Cmd Prompt with Administrator rights and run
sfc /scannow this makes sure your windows files are ok

Next Copy the Entire Mintcoin Directory C:\Users\"username"\AppData\Roaming\Mintcoin
to the PC from the working PC. (Has to be the same versions to work)
"username" may be different , but that user must have administrator rights

Boot up and open Mint only , no other wallets or software, if it is not active in under 5 minutes , then reboot the PC and hold down the F8 key , enter SAFE MODE with Networking
Only the bare minimum drivers are loaded. Open Mint again and if it works you have a software conflict with another piece of software either a driver or program in startup.
If that is the case you can go to a command prompt and run msconfig and disable stuff in the startup, until you find what it is.

Or you can skip all of that and use another PC or reformat that one.

Cool

FYI:
If all of the Above Fails Call a Priest, because that PC needs an exorcism.
Activity: 169
Merit: 100
Well I downloaded and rescaned the entire blockchain and was still missing 1.4M mint.
"repairwallet" did the trick and my balance is now correct. Fixed.

Thanks for all the help. I was freakin' pissed. Now all is good. >;-)

TKX again
Activity: 574
I will try to set it up on another rig. Just to try it.
Agreed, it is odd, I've never had this trouble on any other rig with any other wallet, I've left it "updating" with the chain download and without over a period of several days. I think its some kind of software blip, on that particular rig, I have had other wallets working just fine on that machine but the Mint wallet just won't have it.

Either that or like I said the issue is with the user lol

As it happens I've just obtained a couple of cheap and cheerful rigs which I will just use as permanently on wallet machines, they aren't much good for anything else so I can try the install on a different machine and see how it goes
Interesting. It worked for me.
Try searching for a post from kiklo. He published a working download of the blockchain. I tried his method and it worked. It only takes 15 minutes.

Edit: FOUND IT

Made a Download of the Mintcoin BlockChain on 10-28-2014 (install will be only a few minutes)
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ax7xnlo0rhghuim/Mintcoin-BlockChain.zip?dl=0

Make sure Mintcoin is closed

Then Unpack and copy & replace the files from Mintcoin-Blockchain into C:\Users\"username"\AppData\Roaming\Mintcoin

Then open Mintcoin and it will start syncing the BlockChain from the 10-28-2014 instead of the start.

Will be as quick as the download & copy are complete.

@Mintcoin Team feel free to take the file for your downloads to help out new users on the new wallet.

Cool

http://www.mediafire.com/download/11jh0d41j4fe33d/Mintcoin-BlockChain.zip

https://mega.co.nz/#!LVpwySwT!uGC2w3Ca1DDxDPBySz-vl12wanxWzn5N4P0XO5QRW3c

Dammit!

Thanks for the reply anyhow Smiley
Activity: 672
Banned: For Your Protection

I tried that a couple of times to speed up sync when installing a wallet to my laptop - I couldn't get it to work. Can't remember the exact error - but it was unsuccessful.

That's the exact problem I had on my other rig when i tried to install the wallet, fortunately the one holding my Mint is fine on a different pc.

I just cannot get the wallet to work at all, I left it in that state for several days, downloaded the chain and used the bootstrap and it just won't have it. Guess I'm only using Mint on one rig lol.

It's weird, as the rig that hold my mint -as of the last few months- gets turned on only every month or so (for reasons far too silly to go into) yet it updates within an hour or so, but on the other rig when I use a chain thats only a few days behind it leave it running for days it remains locked up.

Im sure the error is with the user, but I just cannot figure it out.

Activity: 221
Bitcoin lover
OK, it didn't go as expected for me either. Exactly the same problem, wallet seems to be in the process of staking but is, even after syncing the blockchain, still completely unresponsive.

Are we the only ones having this problem or are there more people with frozen/unresponsive wallets?

@kakadu: Anything you changed on your pc or wallet that might have caused this or also completely random?

EDIT: After searching, it might have to do with a sudden shut down/crash of the computer while the wallet was open. Still, I'm going to need an answer... anyone?
I'm having the same issue, after a shutdown crash while mintcoin wallet open, after switching pc again, mintcoin wallet became unresponsive. Any help will be grateful.
Sometimes the GUI lags or says not responding, but it still is running. Ive seen that happen also after trying to restart after an unexpected shutdown. One way to check is, first, give it ample time to load, once the wallet is loaded, if it goes unresponsive Go check in your appdata > roaming >mintcoin folder. Look at the blockchain and see if the file is getting bigger every few seconds or so. Sometimes after and unexpeceted shutdown, you have blocks to catch up, and when it is syncing it will go unresponsive in the GUI, but it is really still working.... Just wait it out, once the blockchain file is downloaded/synced again the wallet should become active again.
The blk0001.dat is getting bigger, however wallet has been open 4 hours and still unresponsive. I don't know whats happening, the problem started this afternoon after an unexpected shutdown on a Windows 7 64 bit system, 1.12 wallet version. Thanks for your help.

If the blockchain data is getting bigger locally then it's a good thing.  Be patient and wait for the whole blockchain to download.  After this is done your wallet should be more responsive.
Yeah, how long was your wallet "offline" for after the unexpected shutdown? Was it down for several days? I'd say let it run overnight, and see if it becomes responsive by the morning.

No, was offline only 1 hour, the wallet has been open 10 hours since then and the problem stills. I tried to remove all appdata\mintcoin directory creating a fresh wallet and also client became unresponsive. I'm starting to think that's something related with mintcoin qt-client and some Windows Files since the problem appeared after an unexpected shutdown when the client was minting. I have another wallets running on the same machine and no problems.Thanks for your help. See in the picture below that no block source bar appears in the client.
Activity: 613
Mintcoin: Get some
OK, it didn't go as expected for me either. Exactly the same problem, wallet seems to be in the process of staking but is, even after syncing the blockchain, still completely unresponsive.

Are we the only ones having this problem or are there more people with frozen/unresponsive wallets?

@kakadu: Anything you changed on your pc or wallet that might have caused this or also completely random?

EDIT: After searching, it might have to do with a sudden shut down/crash of the computer while the wallet was open. Still, I'm going to need an answer... anyone?
I'm having the same issue, after a shutdown crash while mintcoin wallet open, after switching pc again, mintcoin wallet became unresponsive. Any help will be grateful.
Sometimes the GUI lags or says not responding, but it still is running. Ive seen that happen also after trying to restart after an unexpected shutdown. One way to check is, first, give it ample time to load, once the wallet is loaded, if it goes unresponsive Go check in your appdata > roaming >mintcoin folder. Look at the blockchain and see if the file is getting bigger every few seconds or so. Sometimes after and unexpeceted shutdown, you have blocks to catch up, and when it is syncing it will go unresponsive in the GUI, but it is really still working.... Just wait it out, once the blockchain file is downloaded/synced again the wallet should become active again.
The blk0001.dat is getting bigger, however wallet has been open 4 hours and still unresponsive. I don't know whats happening, the problem started this afternoon after an unexpected shutdown on a Windows 7 64 bit system, 1.12 wallet version. Thanks for your help.

If the blockchain data is getting bigger locally then it's a good thing.  Be patient and wait for the whole blockchain to download.  After this is done your wallet should be more responsive.
Yeah, how long was your wallet "offline" for after the unexpected shutdown? Was it down for several days? I'd say let it run overnight, and see if it becomes responsive by the morning.
legendary
Activity: 1974
Merit: 1010

Bitcoin lover

Bitcoin lover

Define "unresponsive".
The wallet window has some blank squares, keeps saying out of sync and if I try to close the wallet all become blank like when a windows app is not responding.
Activity: 613
Mintcoin: Get some

legendary
Activity: 1974
Merit: 1010

Define "unresponsive".
Jump to: