Author

Topic: [ANN] [MINT] Mintcoin (POS / 5%) [NO ICO] [Fair distro, community maintained] - page 220. (Read 1369778 times)

Activity: 211
Merit: 100
psst hey bag holders..
https://blockchain.info/address/136Xh9eLa6yYzcApqG2NCevv9PT6Xsy392

I just received a note from the block explorer admin that we are short on his monthly blackmail fees after being paid in full for our listing. We need .05 to keep this going every month or a nice bounty to pay someone to replace this jerk.

Already donated, kinda disappointing that only three minter's have donated...

I think part of the problem here is that most people who own Mint have lost so much that it's hard to justify donating more money.  Some people are down 90-95%.  Asking these same people to donate more money for free is probably expecting too much.

You are absolutely right about the first part. We all lost money. However, due to the current situation (the premine is lost), then is donation the only way this coin can stay alive. Seriously, if the current dev don't feel they have the support from the community, then will we eventually not have a dev team - and then is the coin doomed. This is really pennies we talk about, if all bagholders through a few cents in the pot, then will the wheels keep turning. If you can afford to spend 100-1000 dollar on mint, then am I sure that you can afford to donate 50 cent or so, this will not make a different in the grand scheme of things.

Anyway, don't get me wrong, donation is voluntary, so If you are not in a position to donate, then is it fine. But any bagholder should be worried about the team not getting the few dollars they need in order to run basic services.

I agree with you, I'm just trying to offer an explanation for the lack of donations.  It doesn't help that someone is dumping a significant amount of this coin every day for weeks now.  If there was even a little upward momentum that would inspire some faith for donations.  Personally I think it's the premine that is still getting dumped, but I don't have anything to support this theory.
legendary
Activity: 1960
Merit: 1062
One coin to rule them all
psst hey bag holders..

I just received a note from the block explorer admin that we are short on his monthly blackmail fees after being paid in full for our listing. We need .05 to keep this going every month or a nice bounty to pay someone to replace this jerk.

I think part of the problem here is that most people who own Mint have lost so much that it's hard to justify donating more money.  Some people are down 90-95%.  Asking these same people to donate more money for free is probably expecting too much.

You are absolutely right about the first part. We all lost money. However, due to the current situation (the premine is lost), then is donation the only way this coin can stay alive. Seriously, if the current dev don't feel they have the support from the community, then will we eventually not have a dev team - and then is the coin doomed. This is really pennies we talk about, if all bagholders through a few cents in the pot, then will the wheels keep turning. If you can afford to spend 100-1000 dollar on mint, then am I sure that you can afford to donate 50 cent or so, this will not make a different in the grand scheme of things.

Anyway, don't get me wrong, donation is voluntary, so If you are not in a position to donate, then is it fine. But any bagholder should be worried about the team not getting the few dollars they need in order to run basic services.
Activity: 211
Merit: 100
psst hey bag holders..

legendary
psst hey bag holders..

Activity: 425
Merit: 250
psst hey bag holders..

legendary
Activity: 1404
Merit: 1001
Hey are there any new things in the pipeline/happening with mintcoin? I've been a believer since the very start and still do believe!

Yeah, I know the feeling, I am in this to whatever end. At this point will I rather donate my mint or print them out on a paper wallet, put them away and forget about them... I refuse to sell.

Hold on to those MINT's... to whatever end.
Welcome to the bag holder club! I'm member #3  Undecided
legendary
Hey are there any new things in the pipeline/happening with mintcoin? I've been a believer since the very start and still do believe!

Yeah, I know the feeling, I am in this to whatever end. At this point will I rather donate my mint or print them out on a paper wallet, put them away and forget about them... I refuse to sell.

Hold on to those MINT's... to whatever end.
Activity: 133
Merit: 11
legendary
Activity: 882
Merit: 1024
Hello all Mintcoiners,

I have uploaded a full copy of the Mintcoin Blockchain to Megaupload. This is to help all Mintcoiners who are new and want to fully sync their wallets from scratch quickly.

The link for the Blockchain as of August 11th is available here https://mega.co.nz/#!8x8zwZgS!TSg2kis3nLWx12_SsDFnbjQA-zDoOfhdkC09i3ks12g

The Zip file compresses the Blockchain by 31% and provides a direct link for download. The size of the file is 750 MB and takes about 1 hour to download vs approximately 36-48 hours to Sync from scratch.

I posted an in depth guide on sharing the Blockchain in this way a couple pages back as well.

Happy Mintcoining

Crestington

Fabulous! Thanks!

Cryptomommy asked me if I could do this for you guys and so I took the time out to do this for you guys so please make sure that this isn't going to get buried in the thread pages.

I don't own any Mintcoin and don't have a lot of time to devote to helping other Altcoins so I would like it if a someone from the community could take the time to test, adapt and polish the guide for Mintcoin which I posted a few pages back https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=450381.16600

In return for my services I would like it if you guys please could link me to the process you are using for uploading and hosting the Blockchain via Torrents.
Excellent! Do we have a torrent of this yet we can all seed? That way people can download it in like 5 minutes instead of an hour. I have lots of bandwidth to help out seeding.

I don't have loads of bandwidth, but I'd be more than happy to help seed.   Wink

Who can make a torrent and seed this? Also the magnet link on the announcement thread needs to be deleted as it is old and doesn't work.

Well I tried testing it out but it is not working for me.  I downloaded it, and pasted the files into my Appdata > Mintcoin folder but when I run the wallet, it gives an error message. Does this happen for anyone else?

It has worked with other coins, what exactly did you do and what error message was given?

I download the files to desktop and extracted them then copy and pasted and replaced the files into the Mintcoin folder where the old files were. This is the error:

Then I tried deleting the two blockchain files and then restarting, and then it works, but starts re-downloading the blockchain from scratch again.

When I have a bit of extra time over the next few days I'll go over it and run some tests, what operating system are you running? I did the Blockchain on a computer with Windows 7.
Activity: 613
Merit: 500
Mintcoin: Get some

A bloody day for cryptos
Activity: 356
Hello all Mintcoiners,

I have uploaded a full copy of the Mintcoin Blockchain to Megaupload. This is to help all Mintcoiners who are new and want to fully sync their wallets from scratch quickly.

The link for the Blockchain as of August 11th is available here https://mega.co.nz/#!8x8zwZgS!TSg2kis3nLWx12_SsDFnbjQA-zDoOfhdkC09i3ks12g

The Zip file compresses the Blockchain by 31% and provides a direct link for download. The size of the file is 750 MB and takes about 1 hour to download vs approximately 36-48 hours to Sync from scratch.

I posted an in depth guide on sharing the Blockchain in this way a couple pages back as well.

Happy Mintcoining

Crestington

Fabulous! Thanks!

Cryptomommy asked me if I could do this for you guys and so I took the time out to do this for you guys so please make sure that this isn't going to get buried in the thread pages.

I don't own any Mintcoin and don't have a lot of time to devote to helping other Altcoins so I would like it if a someone from the community could take the time to test, adapt and polish the guide for Mintcoin which I posted a few pages back https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=450381.16600

In return for my services I would like it if you guys please could link me to the process you are using for uploading and hosting the Blockchain via Torrents.
Excellent! Do we have a torrent of this yet we can all seed? That way people can download it in like 5 minutes instead of an hour. I have lots of bandwidth to help out seeding.

I don't have loads of bandwidth, but I'd be more than happy to help seed.   Wink

Who can make a torrent and seed this? Also the magnet link on the announcement thread needs to be deleted as it is old and doesn't work.

Well I tried testing it out but it is not working for me.  I downloaded it, and pasted the files into my Appdata > Mintcoin folder but when I run the wallet, it gives an error message. Does this happen for anyone else?

It has worked with other coins, what exactly did you do and what error message was given?

I download the files to desktop and extracted them then copy and pasted and replaced the files into the Mintcoin folder where the old files were. This is the error:

Then I tried deleting the two blockchain files and then restarting, and then it works, but starts re-downloading the blockchain from scratch again.
Activity: 325
legendary
Activity: 882
Merit: 1024
Hello all Mintcoiners,

Happy Mintcoining

Crestington

Fabulous! Thanks!

Well I tried testing it out but it is not working for me.  I downloaded it, and pasted the files into my Appdata > Mintcoin folder but when I run the wallet, it gives an error message. Does this happen for anyone else?

legendary
Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

No Offense to Panda, (Like the Bears)
But the Panda Devs come out with a New Great Idea every few months
Which causes a good Pump , but then fizzles.
Like their move from POW to POS which got them out of the litecoin only market.
(But Mint's POS has a higher rate and I don't have to leave my PC on all of the time to Stake like Panda,)

Buy All of the Panda you want, but keep your finger on the sell trigger so you are ready for the dump.
Last Pump was good for ~ a month before it started to drop.
(You can check their past trading history to confirm for yourself.)
 Cool
Activity: 356
Hello all Mintcoiners,

Happy Mintcoining

Crestington

Fabulous! Thanks!

Activity: 17
Merit: 0
Hello all Mintcoiners,

Happy Mintcoining

Crestington

Fabulous! Thanks!

Activity: 613
Mintcoin: Get some
when resurrection time comes.

deadmanwalking talking about resurrection time,  Grin

Activity: 672
Banned: For Your Protection
Official Announcement: We are pulling off our support for several altcoins now.
Based on the orders between August 16-31, 2014, Mintcoin may be delisted along with other altcoins.

https://twitter.com/coaex/status/500557780999081984

As long as we stay on Mintpal or Cryptsy we will be ok when resurrection time comes. Mintpal has already stated they won't remove it.

coaex is a merchant/vendor dealing in precious metals - no real impact here, imo.
Jump to: