Author

Topic: [ANN] [MINT] Mintcoin (POS / 5%) [NO ICO] [Fair distro, community maintained] - page 219. (Read 1369778 times)

Activity: 425
Merit: 250
psst hey bag holders..
https://blockchain.info/address/136Xh9eLa6yYzcApqG2NCevv9PT6Xsy392

I just received a note from the block explorer admin that we are short on his monthly blackmail fees after being paid in full for our listing. We need .05 to keep this going every month or a nice bounty to pay someone to replace this jerk.

Okay - along with the previous .011 I had donated, I just made up the rest with another .029.

TxId: 01bfed9954d6305199e46d36ab8a312cf286b2818430b7aeda9814272ade163b

But let's really try to find another...  Undecided

This is awesome - thank you!

I upgraded my servers for hosting last week and it looks like RoboGuy might be up for the challenge of getting our new block explorer online for us.

Here is his bio - he is also the one who headed the wallet upgrade -
Roboguy3
Roboguy has over 25 years of design, engineering and software development experience. He is interested in developing technologies that are uniquely suited to cryptocurrency. He has created a spam filter for Thunderbird, that requires unknown senders to send cryptocoins to reach your inbox (eMailCoinFilter.com). He is currently working on interface changes to the Mintcoin wallet.
Mint: MgNKk73sP6q2XgT3beU7WV9SKppVGTGa2w
We currently have a project management system in place where I take ideas from the forums and and create a series of tasks for implementation. I have about 15 developers and community supporters in the system that can assign themselves to any task which they wish to take on. I pre-determine what roles are needed etc...

In this platform communication is had regarding the direction of the project, questions that come up and opinions on what next.

Now that the wallet has been updated it will be easier to handle coin control and properly manage a campaign.

The idea (as soon as I finish updating the website) is to assign a mintcoin address generated from a wallet owned by the mintcoin community (which I currently hold but will be passed down to the next person when needed) which has unique addresses for each initiative to held as a "bounty" so to speak for that particular initiative.

So in essence investors can "vote" for their initiatives by donating towards the bounty of that project (except I am currently giving them random donations from my personal wallet and praying others follow)

As long as we can keep the organization and management of the campaigns going the idea is that the more investors donate to projects, the more dedicated the volunteers will become the more projects will be completed - the more talented volunteers we will grow within our community.

Here is another piece to it all - credit of work for portfolio's and community tipping atmosphere.

My question is..
How can we use this system I have been working on building to create the "Mintcoin Guardians"?

Perhaps inviting the guardians into the developers circle for investing - creating a section where we offer portfolios of top investors and recent projects they have supported with a tipping address for the investor?

If possible I would like to keep this conversation going for a few days so I can create a strategy for implementation with your feedback. Ill submit an open pole next thursday (taking this weekend off - enjoy the wallet update!) and spread across the social networks taking everyone's feedback.
legendary
Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000
I tried pushing this before when it was first posted and didn't get much traction; however I personally think its a great idea. I just need to make sure I am not the one initiating or pushing the cause as it may become political somehow :/

I would not take it "the wrong way" if you pushed this.

The reason why I like this idea, is that we need to assemble the community (if there is any left?), ideally everybody should get involved with voluntary tasks, however, not all can commit to donating "time", therefor is it good have the option to donate cash instead.

Why not code in a % of Stake to a group managed fund? The donation model simply does not work and I think it is the wrong approach for Cryptocurrencies to try and rely on building infrastructure in such a way. Cryptocurrencies are already like small corporations and every Coin has a group of trusted people running it so if something was going afoul, the majority can change the fund to a new management group.

Hi

This would be a great idea, but their is one flaw and it is a flaw with all cryptos.
What is the guarantee value of exchange for a Mintcoin,
1 bitcoin, 1 satochi , or less
If we had a set value then your idea would work perfectly.
That is where the club comes in , the Club's presence will help provide that value of exchange by using a portion of the dues to place a floor under Mintcoin's price, say 1 or 2 satochi which would keep our coin from being delisted.
Also that is why any members that pay their due in Mintcoin would have to be sold to other members to keep from dropping the current prices on the exchanges.
If mintcoin were a stock , then the company of that stock would buy back there own stock when it went to low , that is one of the functions that the club will do.
All of this can be discussed and worked out at a later time by the club members.
If their is enough support from the survey.
 Cool
legendary
Activity: 882
Merit: 1024
I tried pushing this before when it was first posted and didn't get much traction; however I personally think its a great idea. I just need to make sure I am not the one initiating or pushing the cause as it may become political somehow :/

The reason why I like this idea, is that we need to assemble the community (if there is any left?), ideally everybody should get involved with voluntary tasks, however, not all can commit to donating "time", therefor is it good have the option to donate cash instead.

Why not code in a % of Stake to a group managed fund? The donation model simply does not work and I think it is the wrong approach for Cryptocurrencies to try and rely on building infrastructure in such a way. Cryptocurrencies are already like small corporations and every Coin has a group of trusted people running it so if something was going afoul, the majority can change the fund to a new management group.
legendary

Hi

It would not be a push , but more the Posing of a question.

A Survey would let us know how many in the community would be willing to be in MintCoin Guardians.

A club whose purpose would be to help support the coin and make sure it survives and prospers in the Future.
With our Monthly Dues :
And for that we would receive
Voting Rights on the Coin's Direction
Block Explorer paid for by Dues
Interest paid quarterly on Club's Mintcoin account,
Nickname showed in OP or Mint homepage (for the fame and fortune).

This would give the Mintcoin Team a working budget and we would be the Only Coin with a Dedicated club, MintCoin Guardians.

Plus you can tell the ones worried about Politics.
It is that Darn Kiklo and you know how he is!  Grin
 Cool

legendary
Activity: 1960
Merit: 1062
One coin to rule them all

legendary
This is my answers, untill a poll comes up:

1. Would you Join the Mintcoin Guardians - Yes
2. Would you prefer a Monthly or Annual Due. - Yearly (If I trust the treasure, else monthly)
3. Amount you would consider for monthly amount - I would consider paying up to $5 / month for operation cost.
4. What % from any extra toward shoring up the Mintcoins walls or Advertising. - I do not believe in this strategy of shoring walls, adds are ok.
5. Any other ideas on how to make the membership more desirable. - Option to have my nickname showed in OP or Mint homepage (for the fame and fortune).

lol!! Seriously though, that's a good idea. Recognition never hurts as a means of incentive!  Wink

Yes  Grin -  membership in the "Mintcoin Guardians" should instantly place you on the "MINT Hall of fame"  Cheesy

Activity: 672
Merit: 500
Banned: For Your Protection

2. Would you prefer a Monthly or Annual Due. - Yearly (If I trust the treasure, else monthly)
3. Amount you would consider for monthly amount - I would consider paying up to $5 / month for operation cost.
4. What % from any extra toward shoring up the Mintcoins walls or Advertising. - I do not believe in this strategy of shoring walls, adds are ok.
5. Any other ideas on how to make the membership more desirable. - Option to have my nickname showed in OP or Mint homepage (for the fame and fortune).

lol!! Seriously though, that's a good idea. Recognition never hurts as a means of incentive!  Wink
Okay - along with the previous .011 I had donated, I just made up the rest with another .029.

But let's really try to find another...  Undecided

Pretty cool move there  Cool

Grin

Well, that would be 2.5*10^6 MINT per month or 30*10^6 MINT per year.

Assuming 21% stake per year, that would be 143*10^6 MINT, or 143 million MINT to be in the fond.

However this would in reality by a higher number, since staking will be reduced around new year.
This calculation assume MINT exchange constant @ 2 satoshi (this is very uncertain).

So we just need 50 persons to donate 2.8 Mil MINT  Cheesy

If we can get the club going , when some Members paid their dues in Mintcoin instead of bitcoin, we can let the other members buy those Mintcoins without an exchange fee.
This would be another incentive to being a member, which if we get a club started there will become apparent more ways to make the membership even more desirable.

I would hope the Mintcoin Team takes a survey,
1. Would you Join the Mintcoin Guardians
2. Would you prefer a Monthly or Annual Due.
3. Amount you would consider for monthly amount $1 or $2 or $3
(After Blockexplorer is paid)
4. What % from any extra toward shoring up the Mintcoins walls or Advertising.
5. Any other ideas on how to make the membership more desirable.

Once the following info is know , it will guide us from there.
 Cool

I think this is a rather good idea - I'm curious to see how many others think so as well.
legendary

legendary

Pretty cool move there  Cool
legendary

Assuming 21% stake per year, that would be 143*10^6 MINT, or 143 million MINT to be in the fond.

However this would in reality by a higher number, since staking will be reduced around new year.
This calculation assume MINT exchange constant @ 2 satoshi (this is very uncertain).

So we just need 50 persons to donate 2.8 Mil MINT  Cheesy

If we can get the club going , when some Members paid their dues in Mintcoin instead of bitcoin, we can let the other members buy those Mintcoins without an exchange fee.
This would be another incentive to being a member, which if we get a club started there will become apparent more ways to make the membership even more desirable.

I would hope the Mintcoin Team takes a survey,
1. Would you Join the Mintcoin Guardians
2. Would you prefer a Monthly or Annual Due.
3. Amount you would consider for monthly amount $1 or $2 or $3
(After Blockexplorer is paid)
4. What % from any extra toward shoring up the Mintcoins walls or Advertising.
5. Any other ideas on how to make the membership more desirable.

Once the following info is know , it will guide us from there.
 Cool

psst hey bag holders..

I just received a note from the block explorer admin that we are short on his monthly blackmail fees after being paid in full for our listing. We need .05 to keep this going every month or a nice bounty to pay someone to replace this jerk.

legendary

So we just need 50 persons to donate 2.8 Mil MINT  Cheesy
Activity: 952
Merit: 251
psst hey bag holders..

How many MINT's staking in a wallet @ 25% annual stake interest would you
need to pay MINT's recurring monthly bills ??

Once you know that number ..
Then do a fund raiser from the community for that specific purpose ..
One and done ..
Makes more sense than having to pass the "donate or else" hat every month ..

Triff  
legendary
Activity: 1404
Merit: 1001
Not a bad idea kiklo, I support this idea, I'm in.
I just don't like the idea of being blackmailed by someone. Why do we need that when there are other block explorers out there?
legendary
Not a bad idea kiklo, I support this idea, I'm in.
legendary
psst hey bag holders..

Already donated, kinda disappointing that only three minter's have donated...

I think part of the problem here is that most people who own Mint have lost so much that it's hard to justify donating more money.  Some people are down 90-95%.  Asking these same people to donate more money for free is probably expecting too much.

Donations put an unfair burden on the few that will donate , I still believe forming a club is the best solution , since dues are required to be a member, it feels like you are buying something instead of giving away something for free. Plus the Team would know what amount they have to budget with and would not have to ask for donations.
Here is my previous thought

Here is a thought,  Open for Debate and any Warnings or Insights
Let's form a Club from the inside the community.
Something like the MintCoin Guard or MintCoin Elite .
Other Names should be submitted to be voted on.

Members of the club would agreed to pay a monthly due to a bitcoin or mintcoin address.
Membership would be $1 per month if 100 or more sign up.
If we only get 50 to sign up then we would have to have a monthly due of $2.
(or if preferred a yearly due )
If we can't get at least 50 signed up , then scrap this idea.

From the Monthly Dues , the Treasurer pays off the Monthly BlockChain bill.
Any additional money would be used for the following :
1: To shore up the buy walls on the exchange with the most Mintcoins are being held, and when  Purchased,  mintcoins are immediately moved off of the exchange to be kept by the Treasurer in a Mintcoin Address , and all interest from it is to be  divided equally by all members Quartely.
2: Used by MintCoin Team to advertise Mintcoin.
Club would vote on Percentages to go to option 1 and 2.
After Blockchain explorer is paid for, if anything extra for example
50% to 1 & 2 options, or 75% for 1 and 25%  to 2.

What would Membership give you,
Voting Rights in all Future Directions that the Mintcoin Team would like to take.
Payouts from MintCoin Interest on the Club Mintcoin account every quarter divided between all Members equally.

Treasurer should be someone with no other functions in the MintCoin community, their only function would be treasurer to prevent any conflict of interests.
Also they can not be anonymous  and must be reachable by an email.
They will keep track of member's email & mintcoin address for the quarterly interest payment.
And they should post a Quartely Report on how the money was used on the MinCoin.CC website .
For every year they serve as treasurer, they are listed as a member for 5 years.

Everyone already performing a task on the Mintcoin Team automatically receives a membership in the club which is good for 1 year after they no longer perform that service.

Any way here is a thought, what do you Think?

P.S.
I have no interest in being treasurer.
This is only to help the coin survive & prosper.
_______________________________________________________________________________ _________
 Cool
legendary
I agree with you, I'm just trying to offer an explanation for the lack of donations.  It doesn't help that someone is dumping a significant amount of this coin every day for weeks now.  If there was even a little upward momentum that would inspire some faith for donations.  Personally I think it's the premine that is still getting dumped, but I don't have anything to support this theory.

I could fear that too, but know way to know for sure...
Jump to: