Author

Topic: [ANN] [MINT] Mintcoin (POS / 5%) [NO ICO] [Fair distro, community maintained] - page 225. (Read 1369778 times)

Activity: 672
Merit: 500
Banned: For Your Protection
Mintcointeam;

Please remove the music video from the top of the first post it lacks talent, the song is annoying, it is not hip at all, and makes this coin look like a joke.   Thank you.

I have never played that song, until people started to say it should be removed.
You know what happen when I listened to the song?

MY EARS ARE BLEEDING OF PAIN

lol! I kind of agree with you there (I'm old  Tongue), but tastes in "music"... well, you know.   Grin
legendary
Activity: 1960
Merit: 1062
One coin to rule them all
Mintcointeam;

Please remove the music video from the top of the first post it lacks talent, the song is annoying, it is not hip at all, and makes this coin look like a joke.   Thank you.

I have never played that song, until people started to say it should be removed.
You know what happen when I listened to the song?

MY EARS ARE BLEEDING OF PAIN
legendary
Activity: 1090
Merit: 1000
I like Mintcoin but I downloaded the wallet for windows and it would take almost a day to download for 6 months of a Blockchain. I wouldn't say this issue would have to do with the Blockchain size, more that the GUI needs improvement in how it connects and downloads the chain from other nodes. Something I have found quite useful when wanting to quickly sync a Blockchain is to have someone on the longest chain make a copy and publish it to Megaupload or Dropbox where you can download a 600-700MB Blockchain in about 20 minutes so you end up only needing to finish the last 1-2% of the Blockchain (you would need to test the security of this if you do this but you need to atleast change your RPC username and password). I have also been toying with the idea of how you could use Torrents to download the Blockchain in a spactical manner.

What some coins have also done in the past is swaps to a different Blockchain through an automated process and start from scratch once again. If you took it in terms of swapping for exactly the same thing, it would prune off all the excess Blockchain bloat and you can quickly sync again so then it stands to reason that it could become a piece of the Blockchain and regulate it's size.

I agree, this is a large issue. Took me 3 work days 8-5 to finish it last week.

I agree. Syncing the wallet is painful. Something needs to be done to speed up the process.
Activity: 307
Merit: 252
guys, what is a working explorer? been away for some time, opened my wallet and i only get orphans. was there a fork in the last 3 weeks?

please help.

i have v 1.10.0.0
legendary
Activity: 1404
Merit: 1001
Mintcointeam;

AGREE!!
It's not really a video, isn't it? It was kinda interesting at first but is not a tool to encourage people to invest.
Activity: 15
Merit: 0
I like Mintcoin but I downloaded the wallet for windows and it would take almost a day to download for 6 months of a Blockchain. I wouldn't say this issue would have to do with the Blockchain size, more that the GUI needs improvement in how it connects and downloads the chain from other nodes. Something I have found quite useful when wanting to quickly sync a Blockchain is to have someone on the longest chain make a copy and publish it to Megaupload or Dropbox where you can download a 600-700MB Blockchain in about 20 minutes so you end up only needing to finish the last 1-2% of the Blockchain (you would need to test the security of this if you do this but you need to atleast change your RPC username and password). I have also been toying with the idea of how you could use Torrents to download the Blockchain in a spactical manner.

What some coins have also done in the past is swaps to a different Blockchain through an automated process and start from scratch once again. If you took it in terms of swapping for exactly the same thing, it would prune off all the excess Blockchain bloat and you can quickly sync again so then it stands to reason that it could become a piece of the Blockchain and regulate it's size.

I agree, this is a large issue. Took me 3 work days 8-5 to finish it last week.
Activity: 425
Merit: 250
I have been meaning to go through the pages and redo them - way too much information forcing the important information down.

Gods be willing - I will have this completed over the weekend.
legendary
Activity: 882
Merit: 1024

Activity: 356
Mintcointeam;

I agree. It shouldn't be the first thing people see. Also, over on Reddit, the sidebar with information about the coin still says 1% premine blah blah blah which is no longer the case so take that out of there. So also update the information on the r/MintCoin wiki.

Keep things professional, and legitimate. No need for fluff on the opening post. Make sure the threads for other languages are current and updated.
Activity: 285
Merit: 255
Mintcointeam;

Activity: 613
Mintcoin: Get some
New to POS and I see in the OP that it takes 50 confirms for the coins to mature enough for minting.  I made two deposits into my wallet, both now have over 2000 confirmations but the wallet says they are not mature. 

No idea what to do.

Also, is there any way to get around this stupid post limitation Bitcointalk has set in place?  My work uses a single gateway IP and multiple people here use this forum.  Because of that I am never able to make a post and it's really frustrating....
Just sit back and relax. Your coins need time to age. Once they get over 20 days sitting in your wallet address they will be mature enough to start minting. Confirmations have nothing to do with maturity. Maturity has to do with real time passing, and 20 days is the earliest time that needs to pass before minting is possible.
Activity: 230
Merit: 100
New to POS and I see in the OP that it takes 50 confirms for the coins to mature enough for minting.  I made two deposits into my wallet, both now have over 2000 confirmations but the wallet says they are not mature. 

No idea what to do.

Also, is there any way to get around this stupid post limitation Bitcointalk has set in place?  My work uses a single gateway IP and multiple people here use this forum.  Because of that I am never able to make a post and it's really frustrating....

The 50 confirmations is for newly "Minted" coins. Once you have coins with at least 20 days of coin age, they will begin to mint new coins, it's these new coins that require the 50 confirmations before they are spendable.

Once you are out of "Newbie Jail" the number of posts you can make is removed.
legendary

Mayby using a proxy is the way to go, as long as you are in the newbee jail.
legendary

No idea what to do.

Just wait, let the coins stay in wallet in ~20 days, then will you start mining for sure.
Activity: 530

No idea what to do.

Activity: 169
i wonder if mintcoin will be removed from mintpal.com, it's trade value is too little

It has been ridiculously low for 3-4 month now.
Only trade was the dumped premine.

That's because this is a great coin worth holding. 20% interest. This coin is undervalued, but eventually will rise above most others.
Activity: 211
Mintcoin Newsletter Week in Review: August 5th, 2014

Good Morning Everyone!
We have updated our newsletter to cover last week's progress. We would love your support in passing it around to your friends!
http://mintcoin.cc/mintcoin-newsletter-week-review-august-5th-2014/

This is the type of thing that investors want to see!  It looks like a lot of good things are coming up in the next few weeks too.  I love what you're doing here.  Awesome job!
Activity: 325
Mintcoin Newsletter Week in Review: August 5th, 2014

Good Morning Everyone!
We have updated our newsletter to cover last week's progress. We would love your support in passing it around to your friends!
http://mintcoin.cc/mintcoin-newsletter-week-review-august-5th-2014/
Activity: 574
Mintpal is down atm.

EDIT: All is well now.
Activity: 356

i wonder if mintcoin will be removed from mintpal.com, it's trade value is too little
It has been ridiculously low for 3-4 month now.
Only trade was the dumped premine.
Mintpal Trading on 8-05-2014
Sent some zeitcoin to trade for Mintcoin on Mintpal 8 hours ago
and Mintpal still lists deposits as pending
Send some to Cryptsy and was there in 15 minutes.
Left the support tickets at mintpal , no response over 8 hours old
They seem to be having some issues.
 Cool
On their news feed it says: "We're removing the BTCS, METH, TOP and XLB markets on Thursday 7th August. All orders for those coins will be cancelled and balances returned. The wallets will stay open for withdrawals for at least two weeks."

Looks like they are thinning some coins out, but Mint is staying. When they got rid of the MINT/LTC market a while back they even said MINT/BTC will be staying.

Also, Weren't they going to be bought out by Moolah or something too? Maybe there is some core conversions going on, causing delays? Not sure. Cryptsy has been my other alternate go-to choice of exchange. Poloniex is okay too, but I don't think their support is as good.

Jump to: