Author

Topic: [ANN] [MINT] Mintcoin (POS / 5%) [NO ICO] [Fair distro, community maintained] - page 229. (Read 1369778 times)

Activity: 453
Merit: 250
Just be patient people... There is no premine to dump anymore, and things are moving forward.
We are already halfway through the first year...In 6 months the POS reward drops to 15%. So coins will get rarer...
Right now we need to concentrate on actually delivering on promised developments such as the Android wallet, and NGO. Prove we can get these types of things accomplished and investors will bring in capital, and value will rise. It's that easy.

Just curious, you have evidence there is no premine left to dump? I've yet to see an audited trail that would clearly show this.

What I do know is that the original developer repeatedly lied to the community.

Why would you believe him/her/they now when they state they've sold off the last of the premine?
Activity: 453
Hi Cryptomommy & Acceptance2,

I greet both of you since you two are mainly pushing for the 1.5 %.

First , the Survey is only 64 votes so far , over 500 are on your rich list alone, so I don't believe this survey is a good reference of how the community feels.

This current plan so you can get unknown investors to pump the coin will cause its crash.
You want to drop our POS to 1.5%, that would make it a WhiteCoin Clone.
And Whitecoin is dropping everyday with no end insight.

The Programmer PressTab , (who seems to be an excellent and intelligent programmer) is currently working on a hyperstake coin with 750% interest and getting ready to modify NobleCoin to a POS of 175% interest ,
by his actions it is apparent he believes the higher interest rates are the way to go.
Yet you want ours to drop to a pitiful 1.5%

But from your Actions , I can only conclude you are looking to cause a Pump so that you can dump your coins. And if it is not the case ,then you are just misguided from listening to people who do not have mintcoin best interest at heart.

Lets shine some light on everything for the community:
Who are the investors , how much capital are they offering , how long will they inject capital,
and when are they going to pull out and crash mintcoin

My 2 Mintcoin
 Cool

I wouldn't know where to begin.
legendary
Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000
kiklo, you do realise that all exchanges keep almost 100% of the coins they hold in "Cold Storage" right? You cannot mint new coins if they are stored this way. Anyone that is a "True" Mintcoin believer does not keep their coins on an exchange, the coins on exchanges are there because the people that own them are wanting to sell them. You will never get these people to remove their coins for an hour, because they are not going to be willing to lose the chance of selling them.

I agree with you in not changing the parameters of Mintcoin as I strongly believe it is the wrong thing to do. What needs to be done is to bring in as many of the newest features that other coins now have that seem to be attracting all the attention. The wallet also needs a major upgrade as well. If I knew how to write/program code, I would have been all over this a long time ago.

Mintcoin also needs to really start looking at getting "Widely" accepted as a currency like BTC has done. Mintcoin needs to somehow get accepted by at least one of the major Bitpay like companies out there, or even go all out and get ATMs developed for Mintcoin. These are just a few of the things that Mintcoin needs to be seriously looking at to further the course of development of Mintcoin.

Be aware the Cold Storage is a PR story in some cases ,
If they keep everything in Cold Storage then how was C-CEX able to pay interest on some POS coins.
If MintPal kept everything in Cold Storage why did they Lose such a massive amount of Vericoin.
http://www.coindesk.com/bitcoin-protected-vericoin-stolen-mintpal-wallet-breach/

Accept Human Nature they are not and have not been keeping it all in COLD STORAGE.
Too much Reward Too Little Risk. Their are currently no laws to punish them so they can do it at will.
It is free money to them , with no real downside.
By the Mintcoin community doing the above transfers once a week , we keep them all honest with very little effort. In Fact All POS Communities should do something like this to protect their coins.

This is also an effort to get the info out to the Traders that just leaving the trades out there cost them money.
As long as they trade out and back in even once every 10 days even for 10 minutes.
Their future trades will be higher and they will make more money, because it will decrease the free supply.

You are right some traders will never bother , but if we can decrease the interest in the exchanges enough
the Prices will go up, and hopefully get the info out to the other traders.
Thanks for your Response.
 Cool

Activity: 230
Merit: 100
kiklo, you do realise that all exchanges keep almost 100% of the coins they hold in "Cold Storage" right? You cannot mint new coins if they are stored this way. Anyone that is a "True" Mintcoin believer does not keep their coins on an exchange, the coins on exchanges are there because the people that own them are wanting to sell them. You will never get these people to remove their coins for an hour, because they are not going to be willing to lose the chance of selling them.

I agree with you in not changing the parameters of Mintcoin as I strongly believe it is the wrong thing to do. What needs to be done is to bring in as many of the newest features that other coins now have that seem to be attracting all the attention. The wallet also needs a major upgrade as well. If I knew how to write/program code, I would have been all over this a long time ago.

Mintcoin also needs to really start looking at getting "Widely" accepted as a currency like BTC has done. Mintcoin needs to somehow get accepted by at least one of the major Bitpay like companies out there, or even go all out and get ATMs developed for Mintcoin. These are just a few of the things that Mintcoin needs to be seriously looking at to further the course of development of Mintcoin.

legendary
People bought into this investment because of the current terms, if you would like something different the thing to do is create your own coin, fitting your exact specifications. Changing the interest rate and coin cap in the middle of the game will just make all major holders dump so it's not going to affect the price in a positive manner to do so. It's naive to think that these changes will make the price suddenly spring from the dead.

If i decide not to dump I'll be staying with v1.10 and not following forks that change the parameters of MINT.

if anyone wants to join me in supporting the original blockchain they are welcome to

+1
 Cool
legendary
If you want to increase the price of Mintcoin then ask the Community to do the following

Call for an collective effort by the community to stop the exchanges from selling the Free Mintcoins they receive from People leaving Trades in the Exchanges Wallets.
Some but not all of them spend the interest and lower the prices of the Mintcoins.

To Stop the exchanges
On Monday at 7pm everyone on Mintpal remove your Mintcoins to your Personal Wallet
At 8pm return your Mintcoins to Mintpal and continue your trades as normal

On Tuesday at 7pm everyone on Cryptsy remove your Mintcoins to your Personal Wallet
At 8pm return your Mintcoins to Cryptsy and continue your trades as normal.

On Wednesday at 7pm everyone on Poloniex remove your Mintcoins to your Personal Wallet
At 8pm return your Mintcoins to Poloniex and continue your trades as normal.

On Thursday at 7pm everyone on a Chinese Exchange remove your Mintcoins to your Personal Wallet
At 8pm return your Mintcoins to Chinese Exchange and continue your trades as normal.

On Friday at 7pm everyone on a any other Exchange remove your Mintcoins to your Personal Wallet
At 8pm return your Mintcoins to any other Exchange and continue your trades as normal.

Do this every week to keep the exchanges from making interest on the Billion of coins they have just sitting there and the Price of Mintcoin will Skyrocket within 2 Months.

FYI:
Does not have to be done at exactly 7 or 8 anytime that day is fine.

Everyone needs to inform traders that just leaving the coins in the wallet costs them Money by increasing supply and lowering the price, because exchanges have no reason to keep the excess to mine for when they are receiving the Mining for Free.
If the Community does a concentrated effort that alone will increase the Price of Mintcoin.
 Cool
legendary
Activity: 1090
It brings me great pleasure to officially announce the new Mintcoin Team
http://mintcoin.cc/official-mintcoin-team/

Please spread the word!

Very impressive. We rarely see real names attached to coins. Glad I'm an investor.
legendary
Activity: 1960
Merit: 1062
One coin to rule them all

Please spread the word!

Awesome - big applause.

The transparency is so great.
I admire that the team is not anonymous (like 99% of all other altcoins).
Activity: 425

Please spread the word!
kiklo - I have no intentions of doing anything that the community does not support.

Period.

The poll results are telling me that we have a serious P.R issue due to people not understanding economics which is why I am trying to recruit CoolBeans or someone else with a heavy financial background to work on our team and tear apart the results / compare against the coin and help us create a series of educational resources to help close the gap.

We are already at 20,000,000,000 coins out there -

The numbers are fictitious and used to gauge a "feeling" of the community.
Only one person who took the survey mentioned this.
Investors are looking for a community that shares their beliefs  while showing an opportunity to become a viable solution for capital growth.

Interested in donating some time to this project?

Let me know.
legendary
Any leader that ignores the majority of voices of the group , will not be leader for long.
This is not said to hurt your feelings, but could be the result of your Future actions.

Well... how to say... when we talk about voluntary work then is the personal who is willing to spend most hours for the cause most likely to be the leader, because no one else have "time" to do it.
legendary

First , the Survey is only 64 votes so far , over 500 are on your rich list alone, so I don't believe this survey is a good reference of how the community feels.

This current plan so you can get unknown investors to pump the coin will cause its crash.

The Programmer PressTab , (who seems to be an excellent and intelligent programmer) is currently working on a hyperstake coin with 750% interest and getting ready to modify NobleCoin to a POS of 175% interest ,
by his actions it is apparent he believes the higher interest rates are the way to go.

But from your Actions , I can only conclude you are looking to cause a Pump so that you can dump your coins. And if it is not the case ,then you are just misguided from listening to people who do not have mintcoin best interest at heart.

Who are the investors , how much capital are they offering , how long will they inject capital,

My 2 Mintcoin
 Cool

A presumptuous one you are.
When the prior developer handed the community to me I owned a whopping 2 Million Mint from 4 Million that the original developer paid me for my services (of which I donated 2 Million to contests and bounties to keep production going).

Since then I have acquired 10 Million Mint between my mining and personal investments because I believe we have recruited a winning team and this coin will go far.

A major part of Public relations is understanding your audience AND targeted audience.

As of today  I am just shy of 10 Million Mintcoins of which I plan on donating an equal sum of USD for promotions of campaigns we are currently working on.

As I mentioned the first thing I would complete is a business strategy for growing our community.

A business plan (if done properly) requires a SWOT analysis broken down into actionable segmentation. 
SWOT stands for Strength, Weakness, Opportunities and Threats.

Every step of the business plan I have opted to engage the entire community and be 100% transparent in my efforts.

This stimulates needed conversation between both investors and community.

I am surveying the targeted audience to determine appropriate direction, perception and voice of the community to create a singular actionable business plan needed to ensure the entire community is on the same page.

There will be negotiations along the way and there will be controversial conversations. I am doing my absolute best to allow all sides of the coin shine through and give the community an opportunity to vote on what they believe in efforts of allowing everyone to have a voice.

If you need to put a "number" on me dumping on the coin... I get paid $22 per hour freelancing via oDesk and donate approximately 20 hours per week as well as hosting and domain names when needed to growing this community.

Why?

Because I want to make this my full time career some day.

I love what I do for this community. I love crypto currency. I love online marketing.

P.S Please...
No more name calling. No more negativity. This is supposed to be a civilized conversation within a community with the common interest of growing a community that supports Mintcoin values of connecting and helping our worldwide friends in preserving the earth.

Hi ,

Not presumptuous , but Perceptive , bragging about your abilities makes no difference ,
when the end result of your Leadership and Team will drop the interest rate to 1.5% and Destroy the coin.
There are no hard feelings this is just a debate with Logic on the planned course you  & your Team want.

The Fact that there is so much resistance , should let you know it is the wrong course.
As a Good Leader you & your Team should take that into account.
You are causing a divide in the community with this course of action, so of course we wonder if you are doing it for selfish reasons, since to us it appears A pump & dump is what will happen.

Any leader that ignores the majority of voices of the group , will not be leader for long.
This is not said to hurt your feelings, but could be the result of your Future actions.

Cool  

legendary
When the prior developer handed the community to me I owned a whopping 2 Million Mint from 4 Million that the original developer paid me for my services (of which I donated 2 Million to contests and bounties to keep production going).

Since then I have acquired 10 Million Mint between my mining and personal investments because I believe we have recruited a winning team and this coin will go far.

A major part of Public relations is understanding your audience AND targeted audience.

As of today  I am just shy of 10 Million Mintcoins of which I plan on donating an equal sum of USD for promotions of campaigns we are currently working on.

As I mentioned the first thing I would complete is a business strategy for growing our community.

A business plan (if done properly) requires a SWOT analysis broken down into actionable segmentation. 

Every step of the business plan I have opted to engage the entire community and be 100% transparent in my efforts.

I am surveying the targeted audience to determine appropriate direction, perception and voice of the community to create a singular actionable business plan needed to ensure the entire community is on the same page.

There will be negotiations along the way and there will be controversial conversations. I am doing my absolute best to allow all sides of the coin shine through and give the community an opportunity to vote on what they believe in efforts of allowing everyone to have a voice.

If you need to put a "number" on me dumping on the coin... I get paid $22 per hour freelancing via oDesk and donate approximately 20 hours per week as well as hosting and domain names when needed to growing this community.

Why?

I love what I do for this community. I love crypto currency. I love online marketing.

P.S Please...
No more name calling. No more negativity. This is supposed to be a civilized conversation with the common interest of growing a community that supports Mintcoin values of connecting and helping our worldwide friends in preserving the earth.

Your effort is admirable - thank you.

My 2 Mintcoin
 Cool

Why?

P.S Please...
No more name calling. No more negativity. This is supposed to be a civilized conversation with the common interest of growing a community that supports Mintcoin values of connecting and helping our worldwide friends in preserving the earth.

legendary
People want to know what value is in the Mintcoin currently

Currently you have to buy MintCoins to be able to mine more Mintcoins
So when you buy mintcoins you are getting the Miner with it.
A Miner that earns the same Rate all year without increasing costs, can't say that for POW coins.

That is the Value POS coins have over POW Coins, where new hardware decreases the value on the hardware just purchased by a Large factor making it unprofitable to mine within a few months and never getting your investment back.

With the Scrypt Miners the Crypto community is starting to realize that and will be switching to POS in DROVES. When this happens our POS will shoot off like a rocket. But if the Interest is dropped to 1.5% then I can get an investment in the physical world that beats that hands down or go with other Coins like Hyperstake, & Noblecoin.

Be Patient, your rush will cause more harm than good.

Cool

I completely agree on the part with PoS vs. PoW.
There will be serious changes in the market once the scrypt ASIC miners seriously start mining - where it will go, hard to say.

Personally I got my MINT the same day I shut down my GPU miners...
legendary
People want to know what value is in the Mintcoin currently

Currently you have to buy MintCoins to be able to mine more Mintcoins
So when you buy mintcoins you are getting the Miner with it.
A Miner that earns the same Rate all year without increasing costs, can't say that for POW coins.

That is the Value POS coins have over POW Coins, where new hardware decreases the value on the hardware just purchased by a Large factor making it unprofitable to mine within a few months and never getting your investment back.

With the Scrypt Miners the Crypto community is starting to realize that and will be switching to POS in DROVES. When this happens our POS will shoot off like a rocket. But if the Interest is dropped to 1.5% then I can get an investment in the physical world that beats that hands down or go with other Coins like Hyperstake, & Noblecoin.

Be Patient, your rush will cause more harm than good.

Cool

legendary

My 2 Mintcoin
 Cool

legendary
Activity: 1404
Merit: 1001
Just be patient people... There is no premine to dump anymore, and things are moving forward.
We are already halfway through the first year...In 6 months the POS reward drops to 15%. So coins will get rarer...
Right now we need to concentrate on actually delivering on promised developments such as the Android wallet, and NGO. Prove we can get these types of things accomplished and investors will bring in capital, and value will rise. It's that easy.

+1.

I don't think changing the reward mid-game is going to help much. Let's complete some tasks and get Mint moving.
Activity: 613
Merit: 500
Mintcoin: Get some
legendary
Also, price is finally over the 4 satoshi sell wall.

By the way, the coin could be target for a pump'n'dump...
So be careful about not being to being blinded if the coin rise to fast in value the next couple of days.
If you are planing to invest in MINT, then get em now, not on the uptrend of a possible pump.
Jump to: