Author

Topic: [ANN] [MINT] Mintcoin (POS / 5%) [NO ICO] [Fair distro, community maintained] - page 228. (Read 1369778 times)

Activity: 672
Merit: 500
Banned: For Your Protection
Someone may want to change the topic to read: - New GitHub

[ANN][MINT] *New* Official Mintcoin Team Announced - New GetHub

(Edit: Not real important, just saw it and... well  Wink)
Activity: 105
Merit: 10
Man what are you smoking share with us  Cheesy

Your calculations are totally off. You are missing a great deal of understanding of this coin plus your math is wrong.

Mr. Math Genius

That is what Excel said, but please take me to School.

What are your Calculations?
 Cool

I have to go to work when I check this board in evening I expect you to give me the right calculations.

@cryptomommy can we make an online excelsheet that will do the stake calculations after 20 days, 6 months, 1y, 2y, 5y long term thanks!!

WOW , I TAKE IT BACK YOU ARE NOT A MATH GENIUS.
Half Amount in Wallet   :98,316,373.79 mintcoins * 0.00000004 =  3.932654952 Bitcoins= $2,305.33
Fourth Amount in Wallet:49,158,186.90 mintcoins * 0.00000004=  1.966327476 Bitcoins= $1,152.67
Bitcoin exchange rate at 2:30am 

I think your Calc is broken if all you got was $300.

Now imagine more that one exchange mints either a half or quarter and you can see the problem.
 Cool

P.S.
Please tell me you are not an Accountant!!!
 Cool

Your MINT-BTC-USD conversions are correct. You are incorrect with the amount of the mintcoin staked.
Activity: 553
Merit: 500
Solo Miner Legend
It brings me great pleasure to officially announce the new Mintcoin Team
http://mintcoin.cc/official-mintcoin-team/

Please spread the word!

Very impressive. We rarely see real names attached to coins. Glad I'm an investor.

Costanza is on the team?! O.o

Now that I have almost DL'ed the whole new blockchain, is there somewhere you want me to upload it, since the noobs of this coin could accommodate me with it?
Activity: 425
Merit: 250

Please spread the word!
great news!

Comparing old and new repos, I can verify that they're identical.

Old repo's history: https://github.com/mintcoinproject/mintcoin/network
New repo's history: https://github.com/MintcoinCommunity/mintcoin/network

Anyone wanting to verify can also check the latest commit IDs on both repos -- those are generated based on contents of all files in that version and nothing else.

Thanks Paspi!
Activity: 185
Merit: 100

Please spread the word!
great news!

Comparing old and new repos, I can verify that they're identical.

Old repo's history: https://github.com/mintcoinproject/mintcoin/network
New repo's history: https://github.com/MintcoinCommunity/mintcoin/network

Anyone wanting to verify can also check the latest commit IDs on both repos -- those are generated based on contents of all files in that version and nothing else.
Activity: 325
New GetHub: https://github.com/MintcoinCommunity/mintcoin
Please note: The prior developer was unable to pass on the github account therefore we needed to move over to a community owned account.
We are seeking community verification that the new repository is identical to the prior repository. Please pm me for permissions.
Activity: 211
Merit: 100
If Mintcoin Team does not care enough about your investment to even recommend that everyone should remove their coins from exchanges once a week to stop the Free POS Minting , then so be it.

Drop the Interest Rate to 1.5 % .

I will wait for the Pump and then Dump my Mintcoins , before the crash.

Good Luck to the Rest of You.

+1

If you care about your investment in Mintcoin then you should never have your coins on an exchange because that means you're getting ready to sell them and forfeiting your own interest from accumulating.  

This is very obvious.  I'm not sure why you think the Mintcoin team would need make a public broadcast or create some type of 'once a week' rule in order for people to understand that.

People who hold their coins on exchanges don't care and aren't going to stop just because someone made a random recommendation.
Activity: 453
If Mintcoin Team does not care enough about your investment to even recommend that everyone should remove their coins from exchanges once a week to stop the Free POS Minting , then so be it.

Kiklo has left the Building.

Cool

Okay.
legendary
Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

Kiklo has left the Building.

Cool

Activity: 453
Off to a completely different topic, does anyone know why the percentage stats (columns far right) have disappeared off this page?

http://mint.blockx.info/richlist/
legendary
Activity: 1960
Merit: 1062
One coin to rule them all
I have to go to work when I check this board in evening I expect you to give me the right calculations.

@cryptomommy can we make an online excelsheet that will do the stake calculations after 20 days, 6 months, 1y, 2y, 5y long term thanks!!

coolbeans94 made the stake graph in OP, I believe he still have the source - try sending him a PM.
legendary

Your calculations are totally off. You are missing a great deal of understanding of this coin plus your math is wrong.

Mr. Math Genius

Cool

WOW , I TAKE IT BACK YOU ARE NOT A MATH GENIUS.
Half Amount in Wallet   :98,316,373.79 mintcoins * 0.00000004 =  3.932654952 Bitcoins= $2,305.33
Fourth Amount in Wallet:49,158,186.90 mintcoins * 0.00000004=  1.966327476 Bitcoins= $1,152.67
Bitcoin exchange rate at 2:30am 

I think your Calc is broken if all you got was $300.

Now imagine more that one exchange mints either a half or quarter and you can see the problem.
 Cool

P.S.
Please tell me you are not an Accountant!!!
 Cool

Mr. Math Genius

Cool

kiklo are you another troll here?

How difficult for you is to understand that minting on exchanges is disabled if they are not in cold storage already.

WHy are you being a retard, do you have a proof that exchanges are selling themselves? No proof then shut your mouth.

How can you be so Blind that you actually Believe That!
Read the following article
http://www.coindesk.com/bitcoin-protected-vericoin-stolen-mintpal-wallet-breach/

C-Cex even offer a percentage of interest from Ghostcoin (POS Coin)

If they were truly keeping their coins in COLD STORAGE then neither of the above could have taken place.

Why do you think that no matter how many we buy on Mintpal , we can never get a rally going.
That all of the investors are so dumb they sell at a loss everyday.
That is because most of those coins are from the exchanges and they got them for free.
So it is all pure profit for them.
Really Think for yourself man and don't just believe anything a supposed authority figure tells you.
 Cool

I'm saying you have no proof and even if they did stake at current price they would make 0.5 BTC a month! 300 dollar profit yeah its totally worth it. I'm trying to think who would sacrifice security for 300 dollars a month taking into considerations vericoin events.
legendary

Mr. Math Genius

Cool

legendary

How difficult for you is to understand that minting on exchanges is disabled if they are not in cold storage already.

WHy are you being a retard, do you have a proof that exchanges are selling themselves? No proof then shut your mouth.

How can you be so Blind that you actually Believe That!
Read the following article
http://www.coindesk.com/bitcoin-protected-vericoin-stolen-mintpal-wallet-breach/

C-Cex even offer a percentage of interest from Ghostcoin (POS Coin)

If they were truly keeping their coins in COLD STORAGE then neither of the above could have taken place.

Why do you think that no matter how many we buy on Mintpal , we can never get a rally going.
That all of the investors are so dumb they sell at a loss everyday.
That is because most of those coins are from the exchanges and they got them for free.
So it is all pure profit for them.
Really Think for yourself man and don't just believe anything a supposed authority figure tells you.
 Cool

legendary
As of 8-01-2014 around 1am.
Mintpal Exchange currently has 983,163,737.94 Mintcoins.
20% of that is 196,632,747.59 Mintcoins
Range 105 Satoshi to 4 Satoshi in Sell Orders .
If they only had half in a interest bearing wallet
It would earn them ~ 98,316,373.79  Mintcoins .
If they only had a Fourth in an interest bearing wallet.
It would earn them ~ 49,158,186.90 MintCoins

Do any of you really believe in these economic times that the exchanges are not cashing in on Free POS Coins.

And this is just one exchange , if we do what I recommend in an earlier post and coordinate our withdrawals once a week on the same day, we stop this and keep them honest. It is quite easy.
 Cool

legendary
Just be patient people... There is no premine to dump anymore, and things are moving forward.
We are already halfway through the first year...In 6 months the POS reward drops to 15%. So coins will get rarer...
Right now we need to concentrate on actually delivering on promised developments such as the Android wallet, and NGO. Prove we can get these types of things accomplished and investors will bring in capital, and value will rise. It's that easy.

Just curious, you have evidence there is no premine left to dump? I've yet to see an audited trail that would clearly show this.

What I do know is that the original developer repeatedly lied to the community.

Why would you believe him/her/they now when they state they've sold off the last of the premine?

You Know you worry so much about a Premine but IGNORE the Exchanges getting Free Mintcoins that is a Larger Amount every Month that they sell which lowers the price.

Begin by asking your Mintcoin Team to actually do something about by it.
 Cool

Jump to: