Author

Topic: [ANN] [MINT] Mintcoin (POS / 5%) [NO ICO] [Fair distro, community maintained] - page 235. (Read 1369778 times)

Activity: 425
Merit: 250
Good morning!

Android Wallet News:
Paspi has locked up some time for the finalization of the android wallet, testing and a soft launch of August 15th. He has spent several months building this app from scratch and is very excited to share with the team.

We are currently seeking a private pool of testers for the code. Please pm me if you would like to be on this list. Private testing should take place towards the end of the next two weeks.

The initial launch will not be PoS - however we have an alternative which another wallet developer is already in the progress of working on.

Investor Relations:
I have been speaking with several investors since the start of Mintcoin discussing the investment opportunity and there have always been 2 major concerns with the coin.

1. Pre-mine - GONE
2. PoS Rate. - Let's Talk About it.

I saw a post awhile back (reddit I believe) that supported the 20% PoS rate. It noted that currently we are actually only at 12.5%? (will find article later - numbers may be off)

I would like to propose that the 20% be discussed within the community and a decision is made by everyone whether or not we decrease that number. Personally I would like to see it at a range between 6%-12%

Here is a link one of the investors shared with me:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_inflation_rate

A final note:

Mintpal Manipulation:
edit: shakes head. Lets get to work guys and put this person to shame...

Activity: 453

LOL...would love to know who's running the box.
Looks to be usable except pos minting... I wonder if he implemented his own spv store if he didnt not sure how checkpointing is working.. probably needs months of testing that 1 dev cant do.

No mintcoinj and no github updates in 2 months looks like hes working offline until ready. If its really 99% not sure the holdup, maybe to buy more coins lol.
As an initial introduction to the coin, the minting aspect is secondary. We're talking about small amounts of Mint from one Wallet to another for the express purpose of exposing the name (brand) to a wider audience.

From those newly exposed, some will decide to become investors and will download a PC wallet before loading up on the coin.

It's unlikely newbies out of the crypto arena will download the entire blockchain to receive 1000 Mint just to check it out. But a quick download from the Playstore and receiving Mint in a matter of minutes is highly likely to win new players.
Activity: 120
Merit: 100
hope mint can to da moon again Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 2044
Merit: 1005
Looks to be usable except pos minting... I wonder if he implemented his own spv store if he didnt not sure how checkpointing is working.. probably needs months of testing that 1 dev cant do.

No mintcoinj and no github updates in 2 months looks like hes working offline until ready. If its really 99% not sure the holdup, maybe to buy more coins lol.
It will be out soon? The code hasnt been touched in over a month and I dont see any updates, not sure where you are getting your "soon" from.
Development hasn't stopped, I'm just not pushing my changes. And I'm busy with some real life stuff lately, otherwise it's 99% complete and ready to be released.

Don't judge android wallet's value by it's mint bounty. I'm not doing the MINT part for its bounty, it's not a freelance job for me -- I believe this is a community work, and I hope the community will take over its development when it's released. There are no POS bitcoinj forks in existence (and I doubt that anyone can manage to release something), and this is the first bitcoinj fork for POS coins, and it works (the POS library). For last few months, I haven't touched mintcoinj part and only been fiddling with getting the android UI to work besides my real life responsibilities.

I will be well compensated by other POS coins once it's done, I see other coins as freelance projects, not mint. I hope the community does not see this as a freelance too, because I'm not doing this for it's bounty, I'm not working as for a paid project to do mint's wallet, I'm doing it just because of being part of this community and that I am able to do it.

Sure looking forward to that final 1% being completed.
That was 3 weeks ago. Can we expect it next week? In 2 weeks? In 3 weeks?

I'm confident the entire "community" or what's left of it, would like to know.

Offering up excuses is getting old.
Regarding Moolah / MintPal Communications:
I would like to let everyone know I am currently in active communications regarding continuing the trading of Mintcoin within MintPal after the transition of ownership.
Activity: 658
Merit: 503
Monero Core Team
We have an official announcement coming out this weekend regarding the new development team. Anyone actively working on Mintcoin development needs please make sure to send me your short bio and Mintcoin address to be included.

Also if you are not currently a member of https://trello.com/b/3z77PPdg/mintcoin-team and would like to donate some time to development / graphics / copy / research please pm me your email address so I may add you.

Thanks everyone!
Jessie
David Latapie is a French publisher, transhumanist and crypto enthusiast who worked on various cryptocurrencies, and focuses on the societal changes brought by cryptos and the blockchain technology. He lives in Paris and is the founder of the forthcoming Mintcoin Fund.
MsaBUxXN1wC3fQRkxSeYFKcrE87oT4mNTD[/quote]
We have an official announcement coming out this weekend regarding the new development team. Anyone actively working on Mintcoin development needs please make sure to send me your short bio and Mintcoin address to be included.

Also if you are not currently a member of https://trello.com/b/3z77PPdg/mintcoin-team and would like to donate some time to development / graphics / copy / research please pm me your email address so I may add you.

Thanks everyone!
Jessie
legendary
Activity: 1090
Merit: 1000

I was wondering if it could affect Mintcoin (being one of the "removed coin"). Well, even though we are on the first page, we are pretty low on it. It would be good to coordinate a campaign toward Moolah to not be removed, stressing out that we are relaunching, the dev premine thing being over. Being delisted now would be very detrimental, just when we are going back.

Of course, maybe Moolah doesn't intend to delist us. But it is better to ask before they announce they will, it will prove we are proactive.

Among other news, I donated 50000 MINT to Linux Mint. It was the distro that shipped with the machine I am typing the post. It is a great open source project and I might even be the first to donate Smiley

Hi,

It is my pleasure to send you 50000 MINT. Linux Mint was the distro that shipped with my Mintbox when I bought it. I chose the Mintbox because it is environemently-friendly: both for the atmospheric environement (low electricity) and for the accoustic environment (silent). Since Mintcoin is a cryptocurrency about sustainable development, this just made sense!

Keep working on Linux Mint, what you are doing matters.

I've updated computers to the new Mint Xfce. It really is a class act operating system. Maybe one of the reasons I've always liked Mintcoin; another class act.
Activity: 658
Merit: 503
Monero Core Team

I was wondering if it could affect Mintcoin (being one of the "removed coin"). Well, even though we are on the first page, we are pretty low on it. It would be good to coordinate a campaign toward Moolah to not be removed, stressing out that we are relaunching, the dev premine thing being over. Being delisted now would be very detrimental, just when we are going back.

Of course, maybe Moolah doesn't intend to delist us. But it is better to ask before they announce they will, it will prove we are proactive.

Among other news, I donated 50000 MINT to Linux Mint. It was the distro that shipped with the machine I am typing the post. It is a great open source project and I might even be the first to donate Smiley

Hi,

It is my pleasure to send you 50000 MINT. Linux Mint was the distro that shipped with my Mintbox when I bought it. I chose the Mintbox because it is environemently-friendly: both for the atmospheric environement (low electricity) and for the accoustic environment (silent). Since Mintcoin is a cryptocurrency about sustainable development, this just made sense!

Keep working on Linux Mint, what you are doing matters.
Activity: 672
Merit: 500
Banned: For Your Protection
Indeed. This needs to come later. Right now we need to focus on finishing up the business plan, revamping our messaging, launching the android wallet and the new desktop wallet launch.

Hey mintcoin people.. Just to bring the agenda current, I remember that I had pledged 1 Million mint for the Windows Phone wallet (not necessarily minting) and 1 Million for the online Mintcoin bank, whereby people on the web can have a 'hot wallet' for their mintcoins. There was some disparity because some community members wanted an online wallet that stores their interest, analogous to a 'term deposit', this was my preference. Other voices have put forward that the 'Mintcoin Fund' be the beneficiary of the interest. I propose at 50/50 or 25/75 split between the two. For example, I buy twenty thousand mintcoins in the bank, and after 20 days, I have 15% interest whereas the fund gets a 5% slice of the deposit amount. If I want more than that, I can get the android or web wallet (which could work on iphone as well) and mint it while I charge the phone or something. I'll update this on the fb page as well and add that to a record of the Android wallet pledges and such.

The online wallet was discussed more here: http://mintcoin.pw/showthread.php?tid=24

It still requires more planning before development can begin. There are a lot of technical things to consider.
Activity: 13
Merit: 0
Hey mintcoin people.. Just to bring the agenda current, I remember that I had pledged 1 Million mint for the Windows Phone wallet (not necessarily minting) and 1 Million for the online Mintcoin bank, whereby people on the web can have a 'hot wallet' for their mintcoins. There was some disparity because some community members wanted an online wallet that stores their interest, analogous to a 'term deposit', this was my preference. Other voices have put forward that the 'Mintcoin Fund' be the beneficiary of the interest. I propose at 50/50 or 25/75 split between the two. For example, I buy twenty thousand mintcoins in the bank, and after 20 days, I have 15% interest whereas the fund gets a 5% slice of the deposit amount. If I want more than that, I can get the android or web wallet (which could work on iphone as well) and mint it while I charge the phone or something. I'll update this on the fb page as well and add that to a record of the Android wallet pledges and such.

The online wallet was discussed more here: http://mintcoin.pw/showthread.php?tid=24

It still requires more planning before development can begin. There are a lot of technical things to consider.
Activity: 611
Anglo Saxon Crypto Enthusiast
I have 15% interest whereas the fund gets a 5% slice of the deposit amount.

Roll Eyes

also your calculations are off because you do not receive 20% return after 20 days, that is the yearly return for the first year only.

Try to think of something besides a feature to give the user's money away.  Cheesy

Did you read the discussion several pages back?? The 20% is an annual figure, that's Mintcoin 101 for the first year, I mean that's how the pie is sliced.
Activity: 364
I have 15% interest whereas the fund gets a 5% slice of the deposit amount.

Roll Eyes

also your calculations are off because you do not receive 20% return after 20 days, that is the yearly return for the first year only.

Try to think of something besides a feature to give the user's money away.  Cheesy
Activity: 611
Anglo Saxon Crypto Enthusiast
legendary
Activity: 2436
Merit: 1561
Haven't follow the thread much. Is there already working android wallet? Know someone was working on that.
Activity: 322
Activity: 364
how about this

the android wallet should have the ability to display and scan QR codes so you can just point your mobile devices at each other or to a point of sale and make the exchange.

we need to think of features for the android wallet that are simple to use but will facilitate the use of our currency.

Making using mint a no-brainer will greatly enhance the chance of widespread adoption.

It should all be as simple as possible and on a hand held device.
I agree with all above.
For now I would be happy with an Android App that allowed me to simply have the person beside me download the wallet from the playstore and then have me scan their QR generated code, then send them some Mint from my phone.
If you think Mintcoin will spread without this ability you are sadly mistaken.
It's largely the reason we're sitting at 4.

Agreed, although the ability to transact AND mint all on a mobile device is essential. Newsletters about this and that etc are useless without this functionality.

It's the whole point. There's nothing to market without it. If it's in development at least you can market that.
Jump to: