Author

Topic: [ANN] [MINT] Mintcoin (POS / 5%) [NO ICO] [Fair distro, community maintained] - page 236. (Read 1369778 times)

Activity: 211
Merit: 100
Regarding marketing - I don't think we should overlook the value of marketing the new development team itself.  David obviously knows his way around successful coins, to have him working on Mint again is a huge positive.  I personally also think it would be a BIG deal to new investors if we truly have the first/only female lead developer, especially since she is active, knowledgeable, and has a very positive and diplomatic approach to the community.  We all know that there aren't a lot of females involved in the cryptoworld.  That is why we should make cryptomommy a cryptocelebrity. 
Activity: 453
Merit: 250
NO MENTION OF AN ANDROID WALLET?
Android wallet depends on me, and it will roll out eventually. I'm certainly not planning to throw away months of hard work.

But I agree it's best to keep it separate from coin's own time schedules, because even if it's mentioned or not, it's release date won't change.
Obviously it wasn't 99% complete as you stated a while back.
Activity: 425
If anyone is interested in taking on a task for Mintcoin please pm me for access to our new project management hub - we have plenty of tasks to go around Smiley
how about this

the android wallet should have the ability to display and scan QR codes so you can just point your mobile devices at each other or to a point of sale and make the exchange.

we need to think of features for the android wallet that are simple to use but will facilitate the use of our currency.

Making using mint a no-brainer will greatly enhance the chance of widespread adoption.

It should all be as simple as possible and on a hand held device.
I agree with all above.
For now I would be happy with an Android App that allowed me to simply have the person beside me download the wallet from the playstore and then have me scan their QR generated code, then send them some Mint from my phone.
If you think Mintcoin will spread without this ability you are sadly mistaken.
It's largely the reason we're sitting at 4.
Please try to offer constructive feedback. No need for negativity - this is a fresh start and we truly appreciate all of his efforts.

Android wallet depends on me

no it doesn't

you've already failed to deliver
Regarding a Mintcoin Android App -

After listening to several communities regarding a PoS wallet I believe that it is best to go without this feature for now.
It sounds like there are some serious issues with Terms of Service of the networks we wish to use.

As an alternative I would like to propose to the community that we take an already existing technology and turn it into a user friendly alternative of someone being able to take their coins with them and manage the balances of the wallets stored on their computers at home - open - collecting interest.

The current problems with having a wallet syncing in multiple places is that you need to make sure you are syncing from both areas before sending or receiving coins - if you create a wallet from one location and not the other location there will be issues.

How feasible is it for the community to come together with these requirements:
1. Integrate Google API for Googe Drive and Google Authentication on both the android wallet and desktop wallet
2. Include an icon in the splash screen of both wallets that invites you to sync your wallet to your google drive
3. Alert a user to activate 2 step authentication via google before syncing wallet to the drive
4. Integrate Google Contacts API for syncing of addresses on both desktop and android wallet

Activity: 13
Merit: 0
Just out of curiosity, is this the first coin with a female lead right now? 

We should look into that. That could get MintCoin quite a bit of publicity.
Activity: 364
how about this

the android wallet should have the ability to display and scan QR codes so you can just point your mobile devices at each other or to a point of sale and make the exchange.

we need to think of features for the android wallet that are simple to use but will facilitate the use of our currency.

Making using mint a no-brainer will greatly enhance the chance of widespread adoption.

It should all be as simple as possible and on a hand held device.
Android wallet depends on me

no it doesn't

you've already failed to deliver
The android wallet will be there when it will be there.

thats not good enough

a minting android wallet is the factor that will make mint a success. marketing etc is a waste of time without it

think about it, what are you marketing? a generic coin instead of a currency that anyone can mine using their mobile device, something that opens up the world of cryptocurrency to nearly 7 billion people

that is the feature that will set mint apart. we have to do more than look at it as a hobby
Working on giving you access now - warning its fud city on that page. I also try to post all news to the https://www.facebook.com/groups/mintcoin/ if your interested in sharing there as well. If there is anything you would like to have promoted with advertising $$ let me know.

paspi / dave - If you guys don't mind I would like to use a gmail account for this so we can tie in Mintcoin Funds digital assets. We can also install 2-step authy and share the private key for additional security.
That's what we did for Monero and it works wonder.

We should have dedicated team to handle announcements - not big ones, just like once a week. It is more important to give regular news that only big news with nothing in between. The Monero Missives teached me this.
This requires time and should be done by someone who like it (that's why I recruited foxy on Hyperstake). People who like and who know need less time and energy than people who don't. That's why I won't volunteer Smiley Better to have no manager than to have one who does nothing or almost nothing.
So, we have for communities to address: Twitter, Facebook, Reddit, Google+. Who wants to be in charge of (at least) one? Jessica would announce regular updates here, and every social network manager would publish an announcement as s/he sees fit on his/her favourite social network.
Hi David, I can manage the Facebook page if someone wants to give me admin access, I already created a page for Sexcoins here: https://www.facebook.com/sexcoin.official and created a fanpage for Russia Today here: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Marina-Portnaya-fans/532324383446196 

I've just sent a message to the fb page if you want some more help there.
legendary
Activity: 1960
Merit: 1062
One coin to rule them all
Android wallet depends on me, and it will roll out eventually. I'm certainly not planning to throw away months of hard work.

But I agree it's best to keep it separate from coin's own time schedules, because even if it's mentioned or not, it's release date won't change.

I think it is great that you are continuing on the wallet. And since you are doing it unpaid and strictly on hobby basis, then would it not be fair to setup any deadline or such.

The android wallet will be there when it will be there.

When that is said, the Andriod wallet is key to the points I have mentioned:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.8004882

Thank for your effort paspi  Smiley

Activity: 185

Activity: 185
Anyone? No places where the block chain is hosted for DL?
I don't think we have one available currently. It would be best to sync from the Mintcoin network (This is a more secure approach anyway than to trust a link).

I have it in my todo list to create one.
Activity: 611
Merit: 500
Anglo Saxon Crypto Enthusiast
paspi / dave - If you guys don't mind I would like to use a gmail account for this so we can tie in Mintcoin Funds digital assets. We can also install 2-step authy and share the private key for additional security.

We should have dedicated team to handle announcements - not big ones, just like once a week. It is more important to give regular news that only big news with nothing in between. The Monero Missives teached me this.
This requires time and should be done by someone who like it (that's why I recruited foxy on Hyperstake). People who like and who know need less time and energy than people who don't. That's why I won't volunteer Smiley Better to have no manager than to have one who does nothing or almost nothing.
So, we have for communities to address: Twitter, Facebook, Reddit, Google+. Who wants to be in charge of (at least) one? Jessica would announce regular updates here, and every social network manager would publish an announcement as s/he sees fit on his/her favourite social network.
Hi David, I can manage the Facebook page if someone wants to give me admin access, I already created a page for Sexcoins here: https://www.facebook.com/sexcoin.official and created a fanpage for Russia Today here: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Marina-Portnaya-fans/532324383446196 

I've just sent a message to the fb page if you want some more help there.
Good morning everyone!

I hope you are having a wonderful weekend. We have a variety of things being passed through the community while we work together to develop a community network of contributors.

I wanted to update everyone on what we have cooking right now...

Wallet Development
We are currently reworking the wallet design to integrate Mintcoin news, communities, merchants and the Mintcoin Fund. We are also working on the friendliness of coin control.

Our goal is to make coin control simple enough for a new person to download the wallet, set up separate wallet accounts and manage their reporting by the labels of the wallet accounts.

Merchant Directory & Classifieds System
We have a volunteer to integrate a merchant directory and classifieds section for Mintcoin.

Homepage Rework
Another volunteer has offered to create a new banner on the homepage to include messaging from the proposed business strategy.

Financials
Financial Projects are currently being worked on for the use of marketing goals. This information will be published in the new financing section of the site.

Marketing
http://mintcoin.cc/marketing-reports/
We will need to update July's reporting at the end of the month to reflect a solid month. Using this information as well as the financial projections we will begin building our marketing goals which will also be made public.

Mintcoin Fund
The Mintcoin fund team is back and ready to kick some butt :-)

Next Week:
Project management system configuration completed, introduction of developers into the system and official task assignment - timelines, reporting

Business Plan Next Steps:
Finalizing community decisions on strategies through polling. Publicizing on website

Question for Investors
Is there anything else you would like to see before investing in a community such as Mintcoin?

And all this means nothing if I and others can't simply spread the coin to others.

Does it rank that low on your order of importance to not even be mentioned in your overall plan?

hmmm, that could be an interesting angle
Activity: 211
Activity: 658
Merit: 503
Monero Core Team

Activity: 553
Merit: 500
Solo Miner Legend
Anyone? No places where the block chain is hosted for DL?

Hi SolidStateSurvivor,
I just pm'd Paspi to jump in - perhaps he may know of one

Thank you, I'll see if someone on IRC might know of any source.
Jump to: