Author

Topic: [ANN] [MINT] Mintcoin (POS / 5%) [NO ICO] [Fair distro, community maintained] - page 239. (Read 1369778 times)

Activity: 672
Merit: 500
Banned: For Your Protection
I leave a quote from LOTR to inspire my fellow mint'ers:

Theoden: Who am I, Gamling?
Gamling: You are our king, sire.
Theoden: And do you trust your king?
Gamling: Your men, my Lord, will follow you to whatever end.
Theoden: To whatever end...

Haha - I thought so when I saw your username.  Wink

Frodo: What are we holding onto, Sam?
Sam: That there’s some good in this world, Mr. Frodo… and it’s worth fighting for.
Activity: 425
Merit: 250
Hi Acceptance2,

I am not in by any means apologizing for them. I am trying to keep the situation as positive as possible and trying to move the community forward.
I like the rest of the community started investing despite the pre-mine with the understanding that the pre-mine would be used to grow the community. I have been a constant pain in the rumpus to the prior developer asking for contributions from the pre-mine to accomplish the very tasks I am accomplishing right now behind the scenes with my own personal money. I am praying that as I show progress in both development and the value of the coin more people will donate to the bounties.

As noted in my tag cryptomommy - I am a mommy of three amazing little girls - which requires allot of patience, time, understanding, positive reinforcement and a ton of love. I would like to think that I try to bring these attributes to everything I do.

There is no sense in scolding the prior dev. They know they did wrong. They ARE assisting me in this migration and I am thankful for that on behalf of the community.

They could of simply told all of us to piss off and not bothered transferring the community rights over. (which is a primary tool needed to move forward).

I was honestly quite upset when I yesterday learned that devs stole the premine.
I was very close to dumping all my mints @ 3 satoshi.
Nevertheless, cryptomommy you have my support.
I will be keeping my mints, "to whatever end".

+1 I promise not to cut off your parts and eat mass amount of sausage in front of you
legendary
Activity: 1960
Merit: 1062
One coin to rule them all
Hi Acceptance2,

I am not in by any means apologizing for them. I am trying to keep the situation as positive as possible and trying to move the community forward.
I like the rest of the community started investing despite the pre-mine with the understanding that the pre-mine would be used to grow the community. I have been a constant pain in the rumpus to the prior developer asking for contributions from the pre-mine to accomplish the very tasks I am accomplishing right now behind the scenes with my own personal money. I am praying that as I show progress in both development and the value of the coin more people will donate to the bounties.

As noted in my tag cryptomommy - I am a mommy of three amazing little girls - which requires allot of patience, time, understanding, positive reinforcement and a ton of love. I would like to think that I try to bring these attributes to everything I do.

There is no sense in scolding the prior dev. They know they did wrong. They ARE assisting me in this migration and I am thankful for that on behalf of the community.

They could of simply told all of us to piss off and not bothered transferring the community rights over. (which is a primary tool needed to move forward).

I was honestly quite upset when I yesterday learned that devs stole the premine.
I was very close to dumping all my mints @ 3 satoshi.
Nevertheless, cryptomommy you have my support.
I will be keeping my mints, "to whatever end".

I agree - we need to reword our marketing strategy and focus on more then just the core "green initiative". I tried to present this in the business strategy. What do you think? Not enough green? Too much still? I would love your opinion.

Go rhymes with No

Go Green, No Gasoline has a bit of rhyme and rhythm to the sound of it.

cant argue with that  Wink

For me, in the US "Go Green" has just been so severely over played by business marketing, its meaning is lost.
Hi Acceptance2,

Yes they opted to take it out as payment for there services.

Sorry Cryptomommy, but the mere action of unloading the 700,000,000 million pre-mine indicated they had no intention of sticking around for the long term. If their intention was long term, they wouldn't have sold off the entire pre-mine.

The fact you keep apologizing for their actions is a little bit disturbing.

Activity: 182
Merit: 100
Go rhymes with No

cant argue with that  Wink

For me, in the US "Go Green" has just been so severely over played by business marketing, its meaning is lost.
Activity: 613
Mintcoin: Get some
Go rhymes with No

In addition to the information sheet I'm also working on a nice sticker/decal similar to:

What do you think, Ride Green or Go Green?

Wonderfully innovative! I think that it would certainly get people looking into Mint, and talking about it. Word of mouth is by far the best advertisement.

Hope the android wallet gets released soon, so you can put this into action.
Activity: 453
Nice. Ride.

Looks like your have a well laid out plan in mind/process.

Like I said...look forward to updates.

Yeah, been waiting close to 4 months for the Android Wallet.

Meanwhile, other coins who started developing theirs after us have brought theirs out : (

Guess the developer was too busy unloading Mint to take the Android Wallet seriously.
Nice. Ride.

Looks like your have a well laid out plan in mind/process.

Like I said...look forward to updates.
acceptance2

When you have access to an android wallet, I would enjoy receiving updates on your efforts.

Utilizing paper wallets with info about mint and wallet download link might be a useful tool for those you encounter that want to do more research prior to installing some random app ... just a thought for down the road.

I will make sure people have the option to download the wallet immediately. That will have a much higher adoption ratio than simply sending them away with a piece of paper which would likely be lost before they even got back to their guesthouse/hotel.

Of course offering both is the best solution.

In addition to the information sheet I'm also working on a nice sticker/decal similar to:

What do you think, Ride Green or Go Green?
acceptance2

When you have access to an android wallet, I would enjoy receiving updates on your efforts.

Utilizing paper wallets with info about mint and wallet download link might be a useful tool for those you encounter that want to do more research prior to installing some random app ... just a thought for down the road.
Activity: 89
Merit: 10
walks in  what's going on in this

oh

I should've seen this coming from the original dev since he was a bit sketchy.  ah well   I'm a bit too optimistic in this forum.
When the Android Wallet is released it will make all the difference in the world.

Frankly, I could care less if it Mints.

I want it for the ability to introduce Mintcoin to people.

I live in a very small but popular tourist city. Tourists from Asia, North America and Europe. In abundance.

From observation over 90% have either a tablet, Android phone or I-Phone with them while traveling.

We have close to 100 locations renting bicycles for people to cruise the city.

I will offer a Go Green - No Gasoline campaign awarding people FREE Mintcoin from the vendor to customer to introduce them to the Green Crypto Currency - Mintcoin.

It will not have a profoundly fast impact, but it will be spreading the Mintcoin message to all corners of the earth in a practical way.

Simple campaign, bit of ground work on the front end, no foundation necessary or needed.

If this was being replicated on a weekly or monthly basis, this would be a coin I would want to invest in for the future.

When the Android Wallet is released I will post details for others to access if they want to do something similar in their location.

And yes, I'll be funding the campaign in my city.
How low do you think it will go? Are some of you people still trying to sell/dump your coins? I want this coin to rise, and I want to invest more, but I don't have a lot of extra money so I just want to know when it will stop dropping. Also, if big investment and pump comes into this coin will people dump? or are the dumpers all gone now? I just want to know really how committed are the people in this community, and when you think the coin will turn around for good.

I really don't think there are many people hanging around this thread who are interested in dumping anything. As far as selling goes, there are probably a few, but not at this price, and probably not before it at least reaches their buy-in price.

As far as big investment/pump, I still think there are more hodl'ers here than sellers. I personally made my first buy at 38, and I will not sell for anything less than 380 (barring some unforeseen financial calamity, of course). And even if it hits my personal plateau, I don't think I'd sell as long as things were going well with the coin, and in my life. I'd give it a minimum of three to four years to see where it may go. There is a cycle, look at btc. I'm not about to "panic sell" - it could literally cost a fortune. It may not, but I'm willing to risk that. I think most everyone who is still here thinks the same way, to one degree or another. And as long as this community cares for, and nourishes this coin - stays positive about it, and innovates - Mint has a better chance than a great deal of the rest of the alts out there today. I resolutely believe that.

My advice at this time, and at this price would be, buy and hold. At the same time, I would stress that you shouldn't invest more than you can afford to lose. That statement gets old - but it never gets untrue.

If you've been following the Block Explorer over time I think your assessment about more holders than sellers is somewhat true - especially now we theoretically won't be swimming against the developers 700,000,000 which we have been all along.

What people need to realize, a lot of the trading we've seen, especially on Mintpal, wasn't genuine, as in you're selling, I'm buying, the trade is completed. A lot of the trades on Mintpal were run similar to wash or box trading. One person, no doubt the developer, was creating a market, moving Mintcoin back and forth between accounts, creating the illusion of a market where none exists. That being the case, having to swim against a 700,000,000 premine actually was significant because it counted for a lot of the real trades on the way down.

But the good news is, if in fact the developer has sold off everything, it may be clear sailing ahead if people are patient a little bit longer.

I believe there may be some good developments on the horizon.

Sorry Cryptomommy, but the mere action of unloading the 700,000,000 million pre-mine indicated they had no intention of sticking around for the long term. If their intention was long term, they wouldn't have sold off the entire pre-mine.

The fact you keep apologizing for their actions is a little bit disturbing.

How low do you think it will go? Are some of you people still trying to sell/dump your coins? I want this coin to rise, and I want to invest more, but I don't have a lot of extra money so I just want to know when it will stop dropping. Also, if big investment and pump comes into this coin will people dump? or are the dumpers all gone now? I just want to know really how committed are the people in this community, and when you think the coin will turn around for good.

I really don't think there are many people hanging around this thread who are interested in dumping anything. As far as selling goes, there are probably a few, but not at this price, and probably not before it at least reaches their buy-in price.

As far as big investment/pump, I still think there are more hodl'ers here than sellers. I personally made my first buy at 38, and I will not sell for anything less than 380 (barring some unforeseen financial calamity, of course). And even if it hits my personal plateau, I don't think I'd sell as long as things were going well with the coin, and in my life. I'd give it a minimum of three to four years to see where it may go. There is a cycle, look at btc. I'm not about to "panic sell" - it could literally cost a fortune. It may not, but I'm willing to risk that. I think most everyone who is still here thinks the same way, to one degree or another. And as long as this community cares for, and nourishes this coin - stays positive about it, and innovates - Mint has a better chance than a great deal of the rest of the alts out there today. I resolutely believe that.

My advice at this time, and at this price would be, buy and hold. At the same time, I would stress that you shouldn't invest more than you can afford to lose. That statement gets old - but it never gets untrue.
Activity: 32
Merit: 0
I have been writing a wow healing addon on curse for a while, added mintcoin as a possible donation address: MXSLssubATpKQuFQ5BT26WRDbz3msWE5gd addon: http://wow.curseforge.com/addons/random-healing-addon-m/pages/main/
Activity: 7
Merit: 0
legendary
Activity: 1960
Merit: 1062
One coin to rule them all

***holes

I think MINT was my last altcoin adventure.
I honestly thought it would be different this time.
Jump to: