Author

Topic: [ANN] [MINT] Mintcoin (POS / 5%) [NO ICO] [Fair distro, community maintained] - page 240. (Read 1369778 times)

Activity: 425
Merit: 250
Yes they opted to take it out as payment for there services.
legendary
Activity: 1960
Merit: 1062
One coin to rule them all
Did the old dev team cash out the premine for them self?
Activity: 17
Merit: 0
700,000,000 is less than 4% of the coin supply. This is much less to worry about than most coins which have premines, IPOs or covert instamines, et al that are much worse. Mintcoin's mining phase and distribution was great, but one thing after another has kept pounding the price down. Website issues, transparency, FUD, and also big multipools dumping millions of coins...Remember, Mintcoin was so profitable to mine during the initial distribution/mining phase that large Bitcoin multipools were mining Mintcoin and mining hundreds of millions of coins, and then they were dumping them too. But the mining phase is over now so this can't happen again.

Mintcoin's intital distribution was almost too good. It distributed so many coins to too many people...that didn't even want Mintcoins and dumped them. Too much of a good thing, became a bad thing for Mintcoin lol. Shocked  At least nobody can say Mintcoin had a bad distribution, it was epic. It was the most profitable coin to mine during the mining phase.
Activity: 453
paspi / dave - If you guys don't mind I would like to use a gmail account for this so we can tie in Mintcoin Funds digital assets. We can also install 2-step authy and share the private key for additional security.

mgburks77 - I understand your concerns. Please Pm me what type of verification you would like to see in addition to my online resume and social profiles and I will try to have everything put together in a press release package for you and anyone else who shares your concerns for (hopefully monday). -  I will include an explanation of this in my release as well. I know this is allot to take in - especially if you are an investor from Mintcoin's peak. I was investing right up to our peak when everything crashed. I couldn't understand why the price was continuing to crash when MINT was so much better then most of the alternatives out there. If any means of verification require additional costs I will get a price for you to deposit the appropriate amount of mintcoin to. (funds have been spent on facebook paid advertising and mintcoin bounties. I am a little broke Smiley

David contacted me when the community decided to initiate the Mintcoin Fund to assist with the development and website management

From there I started donating my website hosting / switched over mintcoin.cc as well, my donations have turned into news releases, thunderclap campaigns, new social profiles, fan banners for social, project development, marketing reports and now here. Helping other members of the team who care as much as I do about this coin to take it where it should of gone from its current peak.

I would also like to ask that in return for my cooperation for taking these extra steps of verifying my identity that you in return become an active part of this conversation and offer constructive feedback to the Business strategy I posted earlier in the thread as this should be a community decision and you are apart of the community.

The developer was burned out on the coin. Plain and simple. He had been for awhile. It happens.

Burned out actively unloading the 700,000,000 pre-mine. And now I'm supposed to have empathy for her/him/them?
Yeah, not in this lifetime.

Time to see this for what it was, a Pump and Dump.

Notice the active cheer leading squad is no longer around?

I'm not saying this isn't salvageable to some degree, but lets stop kidding ourselves over what this really was.
Activity: 185
Merit: 100
paspi / dave - If you guys don't mind I would like to use a gmail account for this so we can tie in Mintcoin Funds digital assets. We can also install 2-step authy and share the private key for additional security.
I don't need to login to github mintcoin user account, just creating a new project there and adding my personal github account as a project collaborator would allow me to commit to the project repository and do whatever project's owner is able to do (as long as I have collaborator access for my account).

And I won't need to access any other accounts like social networks, etc.

mgburks77 - I understand your concerns. Please Pm me what type of verification you would like to see in addition to my online resume and social profiles and I will try to have everything put together in a press release package for you and anyone else who shares your concerns for (hopefully monday). -  I will include an explanation of this in my release as well. I know this is allot to take in - especially if you are an investor from Mintcoin's peak. I was investing right up to our peak when everything crashed. I couldn't understand why the price was continuing to crash when MINT was so much better then most of the alternatives out there. If any means of verification require additional costs I will get a price for you to deposit the appropriate amount of mintcoin to. (funds have been spent on facebook paid advertising and mintcoin bounties. I am a little broke Smiley

David contacted me when the community decided to initiate the Mintcoin Fund to assist with the development and website management

From there I started donating my website hosting / switched over mintcoin.cc as well, my donations have turned into news releases, thunderclap campaigns, new social profiles, fan banners for social, project development, marketing reports and now here. Helping other members of the team who care as much as I do about this coin to take it where it should of gone from its current peak.

I would also like to ask that in return for my cooperation for taking these extra steps of verifying my identity that you in return become an active part of this conversation and offer constructive feedback to the Business strategy I posted earlier in the thread as this should be a community decision and you are apart of the community.

The developer was burned out on the coin. Plain and simple. He had been for awhile. It happens.

Activity: 211
There is no hard fork and I am verifying my identity as requested to stop this non-sense fud

Well, you should. Sharing your twitter account doesn't equate transparency.

And it was YOU who mentioned a hard fork the first time you attempted to take over mint.

So this shit is YOUR fault. I've been with mint since the beginning and you just showed up one day and and announced you are taking over.

That is not how one does business.

Nobody cares about your opinion. Bye.

She didn't show up oen day, she wanted to take over long time ago!! At that time the devs threaten her and David for these actions. I fully support both of them.

This guy is entitled to his opinion, but I think pretty much everyone supports the change so it's time to get on or off the boat.  If he's been with mint since the beginning then he knows that nothing has happened in months.  Something had to give.
Activity: 144
i own 10mil mint bought at average of 15 satoshi havent been following developments but have watched price fall and now i just think its funny that the premine got sold so cheap.
Activity: 105
Merit: 10
There is no hard fork and I am verifying my identity as requested to stop this non-sense fud

And it was YOU who mentioned a hard fork the first time you attempted to take over mint.

So this shit is YOUR fault. I've been with mint since the beginning and you just showed up one day and and announced you are taking over.

Nobody cares about your opinion. Bye.

She didn't show up oen day, she wanted to take over long time ago!! At that time the devs threaten her and David for these actions. I fully support both of them.
Activity: 364

ok then,

I suggest

1. we just create a brand new github user, only owned by the fund, holding noone's personal data. Owning by the fund will make sure we won't have to deal with any repo changes as developers or people change.

2. Create a brand new mintcoin project in it.

3. Give write permissions to developers who will manage it (I can volunteer for the transition if required)

4. Merge all historic data from head of github:mintcoinproject/mintcoin into that brand new repo

5. And the community can verify the historic data is exactly the same between the 2 repos, so there is no FUD for a hardfork or spyware or anything else.

6. Abandon github:mintcoinproject/mintcoin repo

A fork on github looks like this one: https://github.com/keremhd/mintcoin-seeder
It is not listed as a standalone project, but just a development fork. It's not returned in search results, etc.

A brand new project on github (populated from original history) looks like this one: https://github.com/keremhd/mintcoinj
Although it's a new project, if you check its history (click on Network), commits older than the project's creation date can be verified.

Activity: 325
No. The developer contacted me and said that his personal data is there. ~CrpyoMommy just to not confuse anyone
Update
Presstab has no interest in updating Mintcoin (especially after not having been credited for this). But if it was, it would be this code
Code:
cd ~/cryptos/mintcoin && git pull && qmake-qt4 mintcoin-qt.pro && make

paspi, if you have a git with the latest mintcoin, I'd be happy to update the command-line accordingly
Why change git URL, any chances we can transfer mintcointeam's github account like other social addresses? (github username is mintcoinproject)

If not, we should just create a mint community user on github, preferably owned by the fund. We can create a new project (not forked from original project, as "forking" on github has its issues regarding visibility, it's only for temporary feature development), and copy all development history from original branch so nothing is lost (it's easier than how it sounds).

I think a community github user can give write access to individual developer accounts, so only owning the community account (for the fund) would be fine for future, actual developers can come and go with their personal accounts.
Activity: 658
Merit: 503
Monero Core Team
We don't need to close this thread because cryptomommy now has control of the dev's account with the username mintcointeam.
Speaking of that; a lesson I learnt from karmacoin is to share the OP account to handle scalability. This is what we've done for monero and it helps.

That's how good projects live; with community's backing. I think MINT will have value and growth as long as there is a community behind it; doing development, marketing, and other things that makes a project alive.
Well said! And thank your for the updates!
Thank you Paspi!
Can't wait to see the wallet launch!
Hi all,

Cryptomummy contacted me giving the news of development team change. I can't follow forums lately, been busy with some important changes in my life.

The android wallet project is still on and work is in progress. There is not much left, though I don't have spare time lately, this will probably continue for some time.

I left this thread at around page 808, and I don't have the time to read and understand what's going on right now (I only did a brief skimming), but I believe that Cryptomummy will be able to manage the community & development team well based on earlier conversations. I'll also continue to contribute to the MINT project (C/C++ wallet part) as much as I can, as I've been doing since the initial release of MINT.

If the premine is completely dumped and certainly gone, I believe it's a good thing for MINT, as its uncertainty has always been a risk, at least now it's gone, and the price is still stable. I believe it is a very good thing that community takes over the project from non-communicating devs. That's how good projects live; with community's backing. I think MINT will have value and growth as long as there is a community behind it; doing development, marketing, and other things that makes a project alive.

Wonderful suggestion! I will let this conversation mature and post a voting poll on Friday - That should give everyone time time to think about it / leave feedback

Below is a rough draft and nothing is set in stone. Please review and discuss changes needed before a final draft is created.

**What is a Mintcoin?**
A Mintcoin is an earth friendly high yielding savings asset designed as an alternative to Bitcoin as a crypto currency.

**High Yielding Savings Asset?**
If you store your Mintcoins in a wallet and leave your wallet open you will earn additional coins as payment for assisting in a secure network and fast transaction verification time.

The Mintcoin wallet distributes coins based on the following interest rates:
*1st Year: 20%
*2nd Year: 15%
*3rd Year: 10%

**What is the value of a Mintcoin?**
The value of a mintcoin value fluctuates depending on the number of people holding onto the asset. For details of the current Mintcoin distribution please visit the block chain statistics: http://mint.blockexplorer.cc/chain/MintCoin

As more people become aware of the mintcoin alternative to a high yielding savings asset the total Mintcoin value for all holders of
Mintcoin will increase.

**What is Mintcoins marketing strategy?**
The Mintcoin community has developed the Mintcoin fund which is a non-profit organization registered in France. The original intent was purely to promote fund raisers held by the Mintcoin Community for earth friendly campaigns.

**Mintcoin Fund**
This site will be converted to a non-profit organization with the intent to promote both earth friendly campaigns as well as sponsor Mintcoin community development needs for marketing.

**Moolah.io**
The Mintcoin community will be contacting Moolah.io to determine the best strategy to maximize our community’s exposure through a combination of all of their services and lead a project to ensure full community integration.

**Ad Campaigns**
The Mintcoin community will be sponsoring paid advertising in leading financial advisors promoting Mintcoin as a high interest savings asset recruiting new investors into the community.

**Social Partnerships**
The Mintcoin community is actively seeking social partnerships for promotional exchanges. All partnerships will be reviewed and approved by the community’s vote.

**Content Partnerships**
The Mintcoin community is actively seeking content partnerships in order to ensure that our press release and community news is exposed to networks of related interests for both crypto currencies and mainstream commonalities.

**Community Development Needs**
Mintcoin Fund will pursue donations from the community to ensure that development progress is made a high priority both supporting and recruiting top talents to ensure the continual growth and improvement within the communities Mintcoin assets performance both as a financial tool and a savings asset.

**Development Talents**
The Mintcoin Fund will recruit and manage development professionals using a bounty / tipping structure. All developers involved in Mintcoin initiatives are invited to submit a bio outlining their experience, links to social profiles and 1 website. In addition they are encouraged to leave there Mintcoin address for future donations. We also encourage developers to connect with us on Linkedin to further enhance their portfolios.

**Affiliate Relationships**
The Mintcoin Fund is actively seeking affiliate relationships for funding of community development needs as a supplementary income.

**Wallet Usability is Key**
Through the development of the Mintcoin Fund, the Mintcoin wallet will continue to be enhanced as a financial management tool for crowd sourcing and fund raising; while at the same time connecting the community with upcoming news and developments.

Thanks for updates ! Just a suggestion that maybe, number each marketing strategy according to their priority by community voting or anything !   
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
Below is a rough draft and nothing is set in stone. Please review and discuss changes needed before a final draft is created.

**What is a Mintcoin?**
A Mintcoin is an earth friendly high yielding savings asset designed as an alternative to Bitcoin as a crypto currency.

**High Yielding Savings Asset?**
If you store your Mintcoins in a wallet and leave your wallet open you will earn additional coins as payment for assisting in a secure network and fast transaction verification time.

The Mintcoin wallet distributes coins based on the following interest rates:
*1st Year: 20%
*2nd Year: 15%
*3rd Year: 10%

**What is the value of a Mintcoin?**
The value of a mintcoin value fluctuates depending on the number of people holding onto the asset. For details of the current Mintcoin distribution please visit the block chain statistics: http://mint.blockexplorer.cc/chain/MintCoin

As more people become aware of the mintcoin alternative to a high yielding savings asset the total Mintcoin value for all holders of
Mintcoin will increase.

**What is Mintcoins marketing strategy?**
The Mintcoin community has developed the Mintcoin fund which is a non-profit organization registered in France. The original intent was purely to promote fund raisers held by the Mintcoin Community for earth friendly campaigns.

**Mintcoin Fund**
This site will be converted to a non-profit organization with the intent to promote both earth friendly campaigns as well as sponsor Mintcoin community development needs for marketing.

**Moolah.io**
The Mintcoin community will be contacting Moolah.io to determine the best strategy to maximize our community’s exposure through a combination of all of their services and lead a project to ensure full community integration.

**Ad Campaigns**
The Mintcoin community will be sponsoring paid advertising in leading financial advisors promoting Mintcoin as a high interest savings asset recruiting new investors into the community.

**Social Partnerships**
The Mintcoin community is actively seeking social partnerships for promotional exchanges. All partnerships will be reviewed and approved by the community’s vote.

**Content Partnerships**
The Mintcoin community is actively seeking content partnerships in order to ensure that our press release and community news is exposed to networks of related interests for both crypto currencies and mainstream commonalities.

**Community Development Needs**
Mintcoin Fund will pursue donations from the community to ensure that development progress is made a high priority both supporting and recruiting top talents to ensure the continual growth and improvement within the communities Mintcoin assets performance both as a financial tool and a savings asset.

**Development Talents**
The Mintcoin Fund will recruit and manage development professionals using a bounty / tipping structure. All developers involved in Mintcoin initiatives are invited to submit a bio outlining their experience, links to social profiles and 1 website. In addition they are encouraged to leave there Mintcoin address for future donations. We also encourage developers to connect with us on Linkedin to further enhance their portfolios.

**Affiliate Relationships**
The Mintcoin Fund is actively seeking affiliate relationships for funding of community development needs as a supplementary income.

**Wallet Usability is Key**
Through the development of the Mintcoin Fund, the Mintcoin wallet will continue to be enhanced as a financial management tool for crowd sourcing and fund raising; while at the same time connecting the community with upcoming news and developments.

Thanks for updates ! Just a suggestion that maybe, number each marketing strategy according to their priority by community voting or anything !
Even maybe weekly community voting on different topics related to Mintcoin would be awesome to get views and feedback of community !  
Activity: 433
legendary
Activity: 2044
Merit: 1005
mgburk has started fud about a fork, best course of action is to simply remove him/her/it from the thread and let the community thrive.
Jump to: