Author

Topic: [ANN] [MINT] Mintcoin (POS / 5%) [NO ICO] [Fair distro, community maintained] - page 243. (Read 1369778 times)

Activity: 364
Merit: 250
also

I wouldn't update your wallet until this gets resolved.

this could be a scam to hard fork and destroy mint, by btc holders.

"goat trading" is a major bitcoin player
Until what get resolved? I must have missed a part. Presstab's code is legit, I don't know about the other 1.10 wallet.

I don't if there is some kind of language difficulty or something with you

but there is clearly an issue here with the mintcoin development team that needs to be resolved before they can be trusted.

I wouldn't download anything they are involved with until this is resolved, but if you want to go right ahead.
I assumed they gave up. Combination of assuming I would never deliver, plus no one else to work with them (their other partner left Mintcoin earlier, and TheAlty too) and finally and most importantly, price going down while he doesn't have any premine left. Plus being busy and moving on to other things as well as conflict between them.

I find that explanation lacking. Why give the accounts to someone that had been having problems with if they gave up?

it's easier to just walk away.

how do we know the accounts weren't hacked? we don't.
Activity: 658
Merit: 503
Monero Core Team
also

Until what get resolved? I must have missed a part. Presstab's code is legit, I don't know about the other 1.10 wallet.
also

Monero Core Team
The old mintcointeam dev is not the one who wrote wallet 1.10. It was presstab (he was paid for this, but not credited). Credit where credit is due.
Do we have a Mintcoin address for presstab? I would like to give him full credit for this.
I PM'd him

I read that mintcointeam threatened me. That's true, but this is nothing compared to what they did to Jessica.

also curious as to how it is that "mintcointeam" went from threatening you and Jessica to giving up all of the accounts associated with mintion admin to you.

that is a very curious state of affairs, care to comment on that?
I assumed they gave up. Combination of assuming I would never deliver, plus no one else to work with them (their other partner left Mintcoin earlier, and TheAlty too) and finally and most importantly, price going down while he doesn't have any premine left. Plus being busy and moving on to other things as well as conflict between them.

You don't need an NGO to build a bounty pool. People are no more likely to donate to a registered NGO than they would be to a Wallet you have simply designated for such purpose.

If the level of trust is such that we need the gatekeeper handcuffed and tied down with regulations, the coin is finished.

My belief is there is more trust and faith in you than all the previous people involved combined.

That said, frankly I wouldn't donate a thing to anything they were involved with. If they were too blind in their dealings with the developer to realize they were being scammed and lied to, how could I possibly trust them now? It's simply poor judgement or collusion, I'm still undecided which ".
The NGO is meant to have a legal body for providing tax-deduction for fiat donation. Fiat => BTC => MINT (and hopefully one day Fiat => MINT), then staking. And once the money is needed by a Beneficiary (an environmental NGO), the MINT is converted back to fiat (if and only if it is not possible for them to buy straight with MINT or even BTC).

With time it could also lead to a greater confidence, but this is for later.

We don't plan to put the cart before the horese. Recognition comes from action, not the other way around. In other word, the NGO is not mean to increase confidence, it is meant to make something possible. Once it delivers, confidence will come.
another point for the community to consider.

There's value here, or this wouldn't be happening. We just need to get rid of the scammers.
I even called her (and the voicemail says Jessica Hartmann, so it would be a pretty elaborate scam)

how hard is it to make a voicemail message?

Hi Jessica, you've stated that you would be transparent in this endeavor. Why don't you give us some information about yourself that can be verified?

I'll post a response I just posted on Reddit in reply to Jessica. Please note the mention of " poor judgement ". It's sort of relevant to your comment about about the voicemail.

" There was never a Bitcoin Fund (NGO) and the coin evolved because of the people (community) not because a of cumbersome, regulated administrative nightmare.

You don't need an NGO to build a bounty pool. People are no more likely to donate to a registered NGO than they would be to a Wallet you have simply designated for such purpose.

If the level of trust is such that we need the gatekeeper handcuffed and tied down with regulations, the coin is finished.

My belief is there is more trust and faith in you than all the previous people involved combined.

That said, frankly I wouldn't donate a thing to anything they were involved with. If they were too blind in their dealings with the developer to realize they were being scammed and lied to, how could I possibly trust them now? It's simply poor judgement or collusion, I'm still undecided which ".

agreed

I read that mintcointeam threatened me. That's true, but this is nothing compared to what they did to Jessica.

also curious as to how it is that "mintcointeam" went from threatening you and Jessica to giving up all of the accounts associated with mintion admin to you.

that is a very curious state of affairs, care to comment on that?

Activity: 453
I even called her (and the voicemail says Jessica Hartmann, so it would be a pretty elaborate scam)

Hi Jessica, you've stated that you would be transparent in this endeavor. Why don't you give us some information about yourself that can be verified?

I'll post a response I just posted on Reddit in reply to Jessica. Please note the mention of " poor judgement ". It's sort of relevant to your comment about about the voicemail.

" There was never a Bitcoin Fund (NGO) and the coin evolved because of the people (community) not because a of cumbersome, regulated administrative nightmare.

Activity: 425
The old mintcointeam dev is not the one who wrote wallet 1.10. It was presstab (he was paid for this, but not credited). Credit where credit is due.
Do we have a Mintcoin address for presstab? I would like to give him full credit for this.
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
I have a conspiracy. Same person equals usernames: mintcointeam, cryptomommy,  and goattrading. Good lord I hope I'm wrong.  Roll Eyes

Someone needs to come on here and clarify why goattrading, cryptomommy and mintcointeam appear to be the same person.

If you read the info released you will see that cryptomommy acquired the mintcoin assets IE any of the accounts the old DEV had. the "about Me" was taken from the info release..........

As far Who I am.... I am me.. and no one else period.

These boards go to crap so fast. .....

Thanks again Cryptomommy/Mintcointeam for Keeping Mint alive.

Got it. Please make sure to attribute a quote when posting, that was awfully confusing.

I'm definitely glad cryptomommy has taken over leadership of the coin. She seems to have a lot of contacts in the crypto community and has been very active helping Mintcoin even before she was at the helm. Thanks Jessica.
Monero Core Team
Hi everyone,

I did not want to post on the thread before I have something constructive to announce. This is the case now. I will take advantage of the opportunity to also reply to some other things.

Wallet 1.10

Linux version
(requested here)
Install (in YOURNAME/cryptos/mintcoin, plus create a MINT shortcut on the desktop)
Code:
mkdir -p ~/cryptos && cd ~/cryptos && rm -rf mintcoin && git clone git://github.com/presstab/mintcoin && cd mintcoin && qmake-qt4 mintcoin.pro && make && ln -s ~/cryptos/mintcoin/mintcoin-qt ~/Desktop/MINT
You really have to just open up a terminal, paste this command line and press enter. That's really all, no coding skill required! I can only see fours cases where it would not work:
- you do not have a recent distribution (e.g.: more than one year old) => update
- you do not have an Intel or AMD CPU (e.g.: Raspberry Pi) => won't work
- you do not have the correct dependancies => install them. The most obvious one is git (apt-get install git, yum git, pacman git, depending on your distribution)
- you use a non-English Desktop Environemment and the said DE does not use "Desktop" as the name for the Desktop => change the Desktop part in the command-line accordingly.

Plus, paspi has setup a ppa for Ubuntu-based distros and YamashitaRen has setup an AUR package for Arch-based distros (thus Manjaro)

Remember to delete the blockchain files.

FreeBSD version
The command above, with minimal tweaking, should work for FreeBSD too. Skeem, this is for you

Update
Presstab has no interest in updating Mintcoin (especially after not having been credited for this). But if it was, it would be this code
Code:
cd ~/cryptos/mintcoin && git pull && qmake-qt4 mintcoin-qt.pro && make

paspi, if you have a git with the latest mintcoin, I'd be happy to update the command-line accordingly

Mintcoin Fund
It never goes as expected, right? Well, Mintcoin Fund was no exception. Several back and forth with the French administration, plus chairmen being unreliable, I had to change things a lot for accomodating this. The first and hopefully final draft was just sent today. I'm expecting two weeks for a (hopefully positive) reply. For the record, I am on another NGO and this took even longer, so nothing that strange about it.

I would lie if I said that the takeover by Jessica did not influence positively my actions.

Miscellaneous
Some answers to various other questions left unanswered since my last post.

I don't pump and those who now me know this. Hyperstake is an experiment in PoS and results will inspire NOBL's transition to full PoS. As for Monero, it is Bitcoin 2.0 in my book - buy 8 BTC of it and don't sell before at least one year (if I was pumping, I would tell you to buy and sell a bit after). Or just read my interview on coins source.

Mintpal and Mintcoin came to life around the same time: first week of February. Even if they are officially unrelated, this is quite a coincidence. Considering that Mintcoin was Mintpal's first pump and it basically propelled the exchange to major league and that the exchange was great looking from day one, people have suspicions that Mintcoin was just a scamcoin meant to boost Mintpal's visibility. If that's the case, it worked very well but most importantly, it doesn't matter anymore because Mintcoin has a life of its own and the dev, whoever they were, are not there anymore.

I still own the donation wallet and I did not touch the bounty - and I won't. Paspi wil have the whole of his bounty, Redwood too, MintcoinFund too.

I read that mintcointeam threatened me. That's true, but this is nothing compared to what they did to Jessica. That and "forgetting" to credit presstab for his contribution to the wallet.

The premine have never been delivered. It was only pledged. The 50 millions for Green Sahara have never been delivered. As for the 5 millions for the Mintcoin Fund, I still have them, because I have not been asked any money yet by the French administration (I will, eventually). I did not bother getting compensation for the stamps Smiley

Cryptomommy is legit, I even called her (and the voicemail says Jessica Hartmann, so it would be a pretty elaborate scam) , we've had several mail exchanges over the previous months. Of course, I could be lying and be part of the conspirary too Smiley I don't know this goattrading and Paspi doesn't have his bounty, I still have  it.

This is all for now.
Activity: 325
thank you good sir!

Well this is all quite some news to come back to after a weekend away camping. I feel like a bit of a fool for constantly reassuring people about the premine - I hope that the designated money at least was sent out to the right places. At least I was right about the addresses though - if anyone wants to check, the main premine wallet mentioned in the statement was cleaned out on the 17th July - http://mint.blockexplorer.cc/address/MqVUub5WagCPXrgC1ARFFKfzxbNFBebnjm - so this was a very recent thing.

I look forward to having someone as committed as cryptomommy at the helm now, and it seems that the markets are responding positively to the news too - a lot of decent buy orders coming in, and looks like we'll be back up to 5 sats today.
Activity: 325
Below is a rough draft and nothing is set in stone. Please review and discuss changes needed before a final draft is created.

**What is a Mintcoin?**
A Mintcoin is an earth friendly high yielding savings asset designed as an alternative to Bitcoin as a crypto currency.

**High Yielding Savings Asset?**
If you store your Mintcoins in a wallet and leave your wallet open you will earn additional coins as payment for assisting in a secure network and fast transaction verification time.

The Mintcoin wallet distributes coins based on the following interest rates:
*1st Year: 20%
*2nd Year: 15%
*3rd Year: 10%

**What is the value of a Mintcoin?**
The value of a mintcoin value fluctuates depending on the number of people holding onto the asset. For details of the current Mintcoin distribution please visit the block chain statistics: http://mint.blockexplorer.cc/chain/MintCoin

As more people become aware of the mintcoin alternative to a high yielding savings asset the total Mintcoin value for all holders of
Mintcoin will increase.

**What is Mintcoins marketing strategy?**
The Mintcoin community has developed the Mintcoin fund which is a non-profit organization registered in France. The original intent was purely to promote fund raisers held by the Mintcoin Community for earth friendly campaigns.

**Mintcoin Fund**
This site will be converted to a non-profit organization with the intent to promote both earth friendly campaigns as well as sponsor Mintcoin community development needs for marketing.

**Moolah.io**
The Mintcoin community will be contacting Moolah.io to determine the best strategy to maximize our community’s exposure through a combination of all of their services and lead a project to ensure full community integration.

**Ad Campaigns**
The Mintcoin community will be sponsoring paid advertising in leading financial advisors promoting Mintcoin as a high interest savings asset recruiting new investors into the community.

**Social Partnerships**
The Mintcoin community is actively seeking social partnerships for promotional exchanges. All partnerships will be reviewed and approved by the community’s vote.

**Content Partnerships**
The Mintcoin community is actively seeking content partnerships in order to ensure that our press release and community news is exposed to networks of related interests for both crypto currencies and mainstream commonalities.

**Community Development Needs**
Mintcoin Fund will pursue donations from the community to ensure that development progress is made a high priority both supporting and recruiting top talents to ensure the continual growth and improvement within the communities Mintcoin assets performance both as a financial tool and a savings asset.

**Development Talents**
The Mintcoin Fund will recruit and manage development professionals using a bounty / tipping structure. All developers involved in Mintcoin initiatives are invited to submit a bio outlining their experience, links to social profiles and 1 website. In addition they are encouraged to leave there Mintcoin address for future donations. We also encourage developers to connect with us on Linkedin to further enhance their portfolios.

**Affiliate Relationships**
The Mintcoin Fund is actively seeking affiliate relationships for funding of community development needs as a supplementary income.

**Wallet Usability is Key**
Through the development of the Mintcoin Fund, the Mintcoin wallet will continue to be enhanced as a financial management tool for crowd sourcing and fund raising; while at the same time connecting the community with upcoming news and developments.
Activity: 13
Merit: 0
After few months watching mintcoin development, I can see mintcoin is progressing and will have better future from now on.  I got my current mintcoin when It was in much higher price.  I have good faith with this coin, I guess I will get more mintcoin now Smiley
Activity: 8
Merit: 0
Well this is all quite some news to come back to after a weekend away camping. I feel like a bit of a fool for constantly reassuring people about the premine - I hope that the designated money at least was sent out to the right places. At least I was right about the addresses though - if anyone wants to check, the main premine wallet mentioned in the statement was cleaned out on the 17th July - http://mint.blockexplorer.cc/address/MqVUub5WagCPXrgC1ARFFKfzxbNFBebnjm - so this was a very recent thing.

I look forward to having someone as committed as cryptomommy at the helm now, and it seems that the markets are responding positively to the news too - a lot of decent buy orders coming in, and looks like we'll be back up to 5 sats today.
legendary
Activity: 2044
Merit: 1005
I don't think I will

I think you should move on from this illusion, seems you made this one up.
Activity: 613
Merit: 500
Mintcoin: Get some

Are you serious? What makes you think cryptomommy and Goattrading are the same person? They are not.

A few posts ago Goattrading was just posting a quote from the mintcoin.cc website http://mintcoin.cc/mintcoin-developer-releases-social-assets-community/

He said:

Nope. This was all "About Me:
My name is Jessica Hartman (CryptoMommy)". Dev said nothing.

He was explaining that all of the information on there was crytpomommy (aka Jessica) talking and not the original dev.

What makes you think that Goattrading is the same as crytomommy? I don't see any connection or any evidence. Read posts more carefully, and just chill out lmao!
Jump to: