Author

Topic: [ANN] [MINT] Mintcoin (POS / 5%) [NO ICO] [Fair distro, community maintained] - page 260. (Read 1369778 times)

Activity: 89
Merit: 10
Any big projects still going on?  Seems like coins out of nowhere I've never heard of/have no idea what they do or what they're even for pass this one in market cap every day these days.  I want this coin to succeed but it seems pretty sluggish atm :/
Activity: 868
Merit: 1000
Windows wallet running like a charm. Nice work!
Activity: 325
Merit: 250
Activity: 425
Activity: 364
Reminder: you can still 'mine' mintcoins at hashco.ws !

Just sign up and set payout to MINT. They will mine the most profitable coin and automatically buy mint coins and pay you your share in mint. After a few days of mining go to the balances page and click on cashout button.
I created a new mintcoin.cc post for this wallet. Could really use some help spreading it across the social networks.
Tried to reword the download process for those of us who are less "tech savvy"
http://mintcoin.cc/mintcoin-wallet-1-10/

Thanks Everyone for your help!
Jessie
Activity: 325
Activity: 307
Merit: 252
Mac Wallet update anytime soon?
Activity: 574
Merit: 500
Activity: 672
Banned: For Your Protection
Updated and really liking the wallet. Downloading the whole blockchain was a pita, but it was definitely worth it. Only takes a few seconds for the wallet to open now. Seems like I'm minting less/slower now, but that might just be because I updated at an inopportune time in my minting cycle. I took advantage of this though, and paid myself some mint, and xferred all of my coins to the same address to reduce "dust" - and as a bonus, because of that, I'm now at ~340-ish on the MintCoin Richlist!  Grin
How long did it take you to re-download and sync the blockchain?

I don't know for sure, but I would guesstimate between 4 and 5 hours..
Update went without a hitch!
Activity: 429
Updating my wallet now.
Only 460,000 blocks to go :p
Activity: 356
Updated and really liking the wallet. Downloading the whole blockchain was a pita, but it was definitely worth it. Only takes a few seconds for the wallet to open now. Seems like I'm minting less/slower now, but that might just be because I updated at an inopportune time in my minting cycle. I took advantage of this though, and paid myself some mint, and xferred all of my coins to the same address to reduce "dust" - and as a bonus, because of that, I'm now at ~340-ish on the MintCoin Richlist!  Grin
How long did it take you to re-download and sync the blockchain?
Activity: 672
Banned: For Your Protection
Go ahead and update. I'm not updating for while still... I keep my wallet online 24/7 as much as possible.

yes, my wallet is online 24/7 too, we must protect the blockchain.

Activity: 229
Merit: 100
Go ahead and update. I'm not updating for while still... I keep my wallet online 24/7 as much as possible.

yes, my wallet is online 24/7 too, we must protect the blockchain.
Activity: 613
Mintcoin: Get some
Activity: 210
I know the new wallet is  good.

The new wallet need to synchronize from zero.

But suppose all of us update to the new wallet, the terrible things will happen!
If all of us use the new wallet at the same time, all the coins will be lost!
Although it is not possible to update at the same time, I will not use the new wallet now for safe reason.
I will use the new wallet several days later, after the new wallet users have finished synchronization data from old wallet users.
Otherwise the blockchain crisis.

It's fine. Everything will be alright, good god man.
Activity: 229
I know the new wallet is  good.

The new wallet need to synchronize from zero.

But suppose all of us update to the new wallet, the terrible things will happen!
If all of us use the new wallet at the same time, all the coins will be lost!
Although it is not possible to update at the same time, I will not use the new wallet now for safe reason.
I will use the new wallet several days later, after the new wallet users have finished synchronization data from old wallet users.
Otherwise the blockchain crisis.
Activity: 169
YES, wallet opened very quickly. Thanks

Activity: 546
PGP 9CB0902E
1) adds FastStart=>Needs to redownload the blockchain entirely!
Open %appdata%MintCoin, backup your wallet.dat and delete blkindex.dat and blk0001.dat.
(2) fix the "For minting only" option
Win110 wallet is fast!
Good job mintcointeam.

Do you have any ETA for the linux version?
Thanks
Jump to: