Author

Topic: [ANN] [MINT] Mintcoin (POS / 5%) [NO ICO] [Fair distro, community maintained] - page 258. (Read 1369778 times)

Activity: 546
Merit: 500
Hi everyone
I don't understand, what's wrong with the minting in my wallet
99% of my POS has 0 confirmations

Can anyone help me with this? Huh

Orphan  blocks. They will be re-minted until successful. Which version are you using?
I rarely get any orphans at all.
Activity: 52
Merit: 0
Hi everyone
I don't understand, what's wrong with the minting in my wallet
99% of my POS has 0 confirmations

Can anyone help me with this? Huh
Activity: 364
Merit: 250
Is there any relation between this coin and mintpal exchange?

The first 4 letters are the same  Grin
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
Nope  Roll Eyes  Cheesy
Activity: 40
Activity: 425
This is from the website:

The news will be related to big green projects and news. We need to get on the news and the word will spread. Mintcoin is a green coin and we need to take marketing and advertising initiatives.

It works twofold:

1) Raises awareness
2) Investors panic because they know that other people know about this coin, so they panic buy

Then the prices surge and this gets attention, drawing in more investors. This could snowball into something really interesting. The Mintcoin Fund starts getting donations and further news coverage gaining even more investors, price rises even more. The Mintcoin Fund gains legitimacy over the months that follow and soon Mintcoin starts approaching the 1,000 satoshi mark. This is not what will happen, just something that could happen. And if we all work together to spread the word, what's there to stop us?

Re: Green Sahara project  - Lets get this ball rolling - if anyone has anything for this please email it to [email protected] and I will start updating mintcoinfund.org right away.

Activity: 613
Mintcoin: Get some

China is Mintcoin's biggest market today... 50%!
China is Mintcoin's biggest market today... 50%!

Yeah, a whooping 1.2 BTC  Cheesy

Now today it's up to 7 BTC... and still 43%
Activity: 546
PGP 9CB0902E
Hello everyone,
Mintcoin 1.10 is available for Ubuntu now!

Sorry for the late update, I was very busy for the last few days.

To install it:
Code:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:keremhd/mintcoin-unofficial  (* skip this line if you're just upgrading to new version)
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install mintcoin-qt mintcoind

Mintcoin 1.10 is available only for Precise (12.04), Saucy (13.10) and Trusty (14.04). Launchpad doesn't allow me to upload packages for Quantal (12.10) anymore, that version is not officially supported anymore by Ubuntu.

Hi everyone!

MintCoin wallet V1.10 available for Windows!
(1) adds FastStart=>Needs to redownload the blockchain entirely!
Open %appdata%MintCoin, backup your wallet.dat and delete blkindex.dat and blk0001.dat.

(2) fix the "For minting only" option

Mega won't load for me today so I uploaded it to Mediafire
http://www.mediafire.com/download/cqmezf5io0fvgwv/MintCoin110.zip

Paspi, thanks for staying on top of things, mate.
Activity: 185
Merit: 100
Hello everyone,
Mintcoin 1.10 is available for Ubuntu now!

Sorry for the late update, I was very busy for the last few days.

To install it:
Code:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:keremhd/mintcoin-unofficial  (* skip this line if you're just upgrading to new version)
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install mintcoin-qt mintcoind

Mintcoin 1.10 is available only for Precise (12.04), Saucy (13.10) and Trusty (14.04). Launchpad doesn't allow me to upload packages for Quantal (12.10) anymore, that version is not officially supported anymore by Ubuntu.

Hi everyone!

MintCoin wallet V1.10 available for Windows!
(1) adds FastStart=>Needs to redownload the blockchain entirely!
Open %appdata%MintCoin, backup your wallet.dat and delete blkindex.dat and blk0001.dat.

(2) fix the "For minting only" option

Mega won't load for me today so I uploaded it to Mediafire
http://www.mediafire.com/download/cqmezf5io0fvgwv/MintCoin110.zip
Activity: 672
Banned: For Your Protection
Activity: 434
This is from the website:

The news will be related to big green projects and news. We need to get on the news and the word will spread. Mintcoin is a green coin and we need to take marketing and advertising initiatives.

It works twofold:

1) Raises awareness
2) Investors panic because they know that other people know about this coin, so they panic buy

Then the prices surge and this gets attention, drawing in more investors. This could snowball into something really interesting. The Mintcoin Fund starts getting donations and further news coverage gaining even more investors, price rises even more. The Mintcoin Fund gains legitimacy over the months that follow and soon Mintcoin starts approaching the 1,000 satoshi mark. This is not what will happen, just something that could happen. And if we all work together to spread the word, what's there to stop us?
All I know is that the big news will be related to the NGO and there will be a huge marketing campaign that will take place immediately. Marketing is the most important aspect now for a huge surge in price because it raises awareness and people start talking about it. When this happens, investor interest gets sparked and buying frenzies occur.

Having a legally recognized NGO will be a game changer because even the Bitcoin Foundation isn't a legally registered NGO. Mintcoin's Mintcoin Fund will be the first crypto NGO in history, so this will draw a lot of attention. It makes Mintcoin seem like the only "legal" cryptocurrency out there, so there is greater confidence. I'm sure that David Latapie makes a better spokesman than the developer of MYR.

While I'm not saying Mintcoin will surge in price necessarily, but when the news gets out, the probability of that happening is probably good. So if you have any coins, probably a good idea to hold. If you are hesitant on buying, maybe consider putting a little in to see what happens when the news gets released. If the Mintcoin is seen as a legal crypto in the eyes of the world, you could see a price rise across several weeks.

It will take time because Mintcoin is going to be doing something bigger and better than all the other cryptos. Other developers are impatient so they haven't considered making a legally recognized NGO. Big mistake. Good things come to those who wait.
Yes!!

...I mean, really - muahahaha!!   Cool
Activity: 434
All I know is that the big news will be related to the NGO and there will be a huge marketing campaign that will take place immediately. Marketing is the most important aspect now for a huge surge in price because it raises awareness and people start talking about it. When this happens, investor interest gets sparked and buying frenzies occur.

Having a legally recognized NGO will be a game changer because even the Bitcoin Foundation isn't a legally registered NGO. Mintcoin's Mintcoin Fund will be the first crypto NGO in history, so this will draw a lot of attention. It makes Mintcoin seem like the only "legal" cryptocurrency out there, so there is greater confidence. I'm sure that David Latapie makes a better spokesman than the developer of MYR.

While I'm not saying Mintcoin will surge in price necessarily, but when the news gets out, the probability of that happening is probably good. So if you have any coins, probably a good idea to hold. If you are hesitant on buying, maybe consider putting a little in to see what happens when the news gets released. If the Mintcoin is seen as a legal crypto in the eyes of the world, you could see a price rise across several weeks.

It will take time because Mintcoin is going to be doing something bigger and better than all the other cryptos. Other developers are impatient so they haven't considered making a legally recognized NGO. Big mistake. Good things come to those who wait.
Activity: 47
the price of MINTCOIN has fallen, where is the big news? it's been a long time
Activity: 47
Time passes quickly in the cryptocurrency world, and with the whiff of news to come a couple of weeks back (from a premature tweet I think), people are impatient for results. The problem is that Mintcoin is also trying to integrate into the real world in a very legitimate way. Things like setting up an NGO take time and it has to be slowed down to lawyer pace. David told us a couple of weeks back that the final draft of the bylaws for the Mintcoinfund were about to be sent off and he would report back when he had news, and that it may take several weeks to be finalised.

Whatever else the mintcointeam has planned, we will just have to be similarly patient. Those members of the extended dev team who do know what it is were thoroughly excited when they found out and described it as an ambitious plan. I'd rather hang around a wait for something genuinely innovative than just chase whatever the latest altcoin fad is.

+1 - I can genuinely agree with this. It's just that, as Tom Petty would say, "The waiting is the hardest part"   Grin

(Edit to say - Yeah. I'm ancient.  Tongue)
why the waiting is the hardest part? because sometimes we are waiting the wrong object. we don't even know if waiting is right choice and if it's worth to wait.
Time passes quickly in the cryptocurrency world, and with the whiff of news to come a couple of weeks back (from a premature tweet I think), people are impatient for results. The problem is that Mintcoin is also trying to integrate into the real world in a very legitimate way. Things like setting up an NGO take time and it has to be slowed down to lawyer pace. David told us a couple of weeks back that the final draft of the bylaws for the Mintcoinfund were about to be sent off and he would report back when he had news, and that it may take several weeks to be finalised.

Whatever else the mintcointeam has planned, we will just have to be similarly patient. Those members of the extended dev team who do know what it is were thoroughly excited when they found out and described it as an ambitious plan. I'd rather hang around a wait for something genuinely innovative than just chase whatever the latest altcoin fad is.

+1 - I can genuinely agree with this. It's just that, as Tom Petty would say, "The waiting is the hardest part"   Grin

(Edit to say - Yeah. I'm ancient.  Tongue)
Activity: 8

In comparison VeriCoin on mintpal has a $1783021 - 3167BTC 24hr volume  Cool

But if everything is still going as planned even a high volume like that is in reach for mintcoin!

I'm kinda surprise that the price actually went down a little after the pre-mined announcement. It's not much but it's something.

I'm not sure that the two are related - we're always hovering between 5-7 sats now so it's probably a coincidence Plus that info was already out on here and on reddit. Maybe a few people selling off because they're impatient for 'big news'

it has been a long time, nothing has came out, big news just seems stunt.

Activity: 86
Merit: 10
VOTE FOR MINTCOIN
please donate for dev.
BTC: 13MVMftimCmpQEsryo47pTs97ubmwkT31Y
LTC: Lh9ChfS1X3YWXmapr66nQjj3qZmys3qkNw
DOGE: DJMxzVrURhmsWFZHCjK5kDVHEqP5FcfGvy
legendary
Activity: 1404
Merit: 1001

In comparison VeriCoin on mintpal has a $1783021 - 3167BTC 24hr volume  Cool

But if everything is still going as planned even a high volume like that is in reach for mintcoin!

I'm kinda surprise that the price actually went down a little after the pre-mined announcement. It's not much but it's something.
Jump to: