Author

Topic: [ANN] [MINT] Mintcoin (POS / 5%) [NO ICO] [Fair distro, community maintained] - page 259. (Read 1369778 times)

Activity: 364
Merit: 250
China is Mintcoin's biggest market today... 50%!

Yeah, a whooping 1.2 BTC  Cheesy

In comparison VeriCoin on mintpal has a $1783021 - 3167BTC 24hr volume  Cool

But if everything is still going as planned even a high volume like that is in reach for mintcoin!
legendary
Activity: 1404
Merit: 1001

Yeah, a whooping 1.2 BTC  Cheesy
Activity: 613
Merit: 500
Mintcoin: Get some

Activity: 429
It's good to see a post about the pre-mine, maybe that'll clear up some of those questions that we've been having.
Activity: 364
OK - but what I meant was, if the dev team just lets the coin wither, with no new projects/ideas/marketing/whatever, the coin would just stagnate and die. Without actively pushing/promoting/innovating, we would at best stay where we are currently, and at worst go to a MINT/LTC, or worse, MINT/DOGE market, before it just plain died altogether.

I don't understand why they would continue to hype some grand "news" if there was none - at least not at this point. Maybe for the first few weeks after the coin had devalued, but now it's plain this will do nothing for their coin, or their cause. It's just a waste of time.

And yes, price dips are a good thing - price black holes are not. in order to appear healthy to investors, there needs to be at least a little market fluctuation. Not holding at 6 sat for weeks on end. Stability is fine, but not at this price point. At least not in my opinion. Then again - opinions are like arseholes... so  Grin

I agree it's nice to have something for mint which fills the void between now and the release of the project which mintcoin team is working on. The low 5 sat price is kind of annoying. I currently have a few things planned which could be released on a short term and I've heard about others working on various mintcoin projects.

So hopefully we can get everyone excited again!
Activity: 672
Banned: For Your Protection
For what purpose? No news = no price increase.

I dont think it works like that. i believe that your approach is a bit off the charts.
Besides, low price dips are awesome buy-in points, missing this minor detail can make the difference, don;t you think?

OK - but what I meant was, if the dev team just lets the coin wither, with no new projects/ideas/marketing/whatever, the coin would just stagnate and die. Without actively pushing/promoting/innovating, we would at best stay where we are currently, and at worst go to a MINT/LTC, or worse, MINT/DOGE market, before it just plain died altogether.

I don't understand why they would continue to hype some grand "news" if there was none - at least not at this point. Maybe for the first few weeks after the coin had devalued, but now it's plain this will do nothing for their coin, or their cause. It's just a waste of time.

And yes, price dips are a good thing - price black holes are not. in order to appear healthy to investors, there needs to be at least a little market fluctuation. Not holding at 6 sat for weeks on end. Stability is fine, but not at this price point. At least not in my opinion. Then again - opinions are like arseholes... so  Grin
Activity: 425
Make sure to stay tuned to the new Mintcoin Newsletter http://mintcoin.cc/news-room/ 

Current Mintcoin Campaigns

Redwood Reforestation Project.
http://mintcoinfund.org/projects/redwood-reforestation/
Our goal will be to plant on approximately 15 acres for the first year. Working as a crew of 10 – 15 people, we should be able to cover half an acre per day or more if we work 4-5 hours per day. This is reasonable. Therefore, we will plan to spend 4-6 weeks on this project. The more people that come, the faster we will work and the easier the project will be.

Solar Power Project-Upcoming
http://mintcoinfund.org/projects/solar-project/
We are a successful project office delivering cost efficient solar project solutions in South Australia, Western Australia, regional Victoria and New South Wales. Recently awarded Wine Industry Suppliers Association ‘Supplier of the Year’ for 2013 (Environment and Sustainability) our projects achieve real long term financial and environmental savings to our clients at a lower cost than the status quo: buying energy from non-renewable and fossil fuel sources.

Mintcoin Merchant Support Campaign
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/mintcoin-merchant-center
We are gearing up a program which merchants that enter their information will receive a blog post on Mintcoin.cc official news releases

From there the mintcoin team will feature your post on the following community resources:

• reddit (1,102 Subscribers)
  • facebook (1,112 Followers)
  • twitter (2,064 Followers)
  • receive a $5 value of facebook adspend towards featuring your post across all Mintcoin followers and their friends!

Development Releases
http://mintcoin.cc/mintcoin-wallet-1-10/
Don't forget to upgrade your wallets - if you have a previous install on your desktop - here are simple instructions to follow for upgrading.

Activity: 546
PGP 9CB0902E
For what purpose? No news = no price increase.

I dont think it works like that. i believe that your approach is a bit off the charts.
Besides, low price dips are awesome buy-in points, missing this minor detail can make the difference, don;t you think?
Activity: 453
Merit: 261
Look Morty magic internet money
Are there any other interesting projects going on? I'm willing to donate if its held by David of the mintcoinfund.
Activity: 453
Merit: 261
Look Morty magic internet money
They where trying to avoid when you download the app that you must download the whole blockchain as well if I remember correctly. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

But yes please tell us how the development is going ? I was wondering for myself also.
Activity: 2170
Merit: 640
Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game
Mac wallet V1.10 available on http://mintcoin.cc/download-wallet/ or here directly https://www.dropbox.com/s/26toarqxgjwtw4p/Mintcoin-Qt-110.zip

Feedback welcome!

Thanks, definitely an advantage.
It could capture raised errors for existing blkindex.dat files and have a method to move them to the trash on first launch.
Then it could notify, that a re-download of the blockindex is necessary and that it could take a while.
Activity: 285
Merit: 255
Is that android wallet still coming out I wonder?

I have been waiting on this also, any updates?
Activity: 611
Anglo Saxon Crypto Enthusiast
Is that android wallet still coming out I wonder?
Activity: 229
Merit: 100
Activity: 43
Merit: 0
Yea flush them all, reset that POS long term coin people Cry
Activity: 613
Mintcoin: Get some
Proverb 28:22  He that hasteth to be rich hath an evil eye, and considereth not that poverty shall come upon him.
Proverb 13:4  The soul of the sluggard desireth, and hath nothing: but the soul of the diligent shall be made fat.
Proverb 21:5  The thoughts of the diligent tend only to plenteousness; but of every one that is hasty only to want.
Proverb 21:6  The getting of treasures by a lying tongue is a vanity tossed to and fro of them that seek death.
1Timothy 5:8  But if any provide not for his own, and specially for those of his own house, he hath denied the faith, and is worse than an infidel.
Proverb 21:13  Whoso stoppeth his ears at the cry of the poor, he also shall cry himself, but shall not be heard.
Proverb 22:9  He that hath a bountiful eye shall be blessed; for he giveth of his bread to the poor.
Proverb 13:22  A good man leaveth an inheritance to his children's children
Romans 13:8  Owe no man any thing, but to love one another: for he that loveth another hath fulfilled the law.

Be patient. Things can take time. Don't be hasty. Take care of your family first; get out of debt; if you can, give and help the poor; leave an inheritance. Don't be in a rush to be rich. Learn how to handle it. By steadily plodding it will come.

Any big projects still going on?  Seems like coins out of nowhere I've never heard of/have no idea what they do or what they're even for pass this one in market cap every day these days.  I want this coin to succeed but it seems pretty sluggish atm :/

Yes - I believe there are some big things going on behind the scenes. How big? That remains to be seen, of course. I am hoping that whatever it/they are, they are announced soon. Time, in the crypto world, moves in nanoseconds, and the lull has been too long in my opinion. But if the news is big enough, if the "project/s" are important enough, and if the excitement is loud enough, then this coin has a very bright future indeed.

I realize that's a lot of if's, but I still believe this is going to take off. Patience is a virtue. If I didn't think there was something positive afoot, I would have just cut my losses and moved on. Instead, I have bought more, and will continue to do so. My buys have decreased some, but I am still buying. If this thing can hit 50 or so, I will have quadrupled+ my investment. I think that's more than probable, and actually, I think a few hundred sat is within reach.

But, we'll see.
it has been a long time, nothing has came out, big news just seems stunt.

For what purpose? No news = no price increase. No price increase = no money for devs. No money for devs = rediculous.
Why then would they bother? They have nothing better to do than to lead us on for no reason whatsoever? Just waste their time for the fun of it?

I doubt that very much.
Activity: 72
Merit: 10
Any big projects still going on?  Seems like coins out of nowhere I've never heard of/have no idea what they do or what they're even for pass this one in market cap every day these days.  I want this coin to succeed but it seems pretty sluggish atm :/

Yes - I believe there are some big things going on behind the scenes. How big? That remains to be seen, of course. I am hoping that whatever it/they are, they are announced soon. Time, in the crypto world, moves in nanoseconds, and the lull has been too long in my opinion. But if the news is big enough, if the "project/s" are important enough, and if the excitement is loud enough, then this coin has a very bright future indeed.

I realize that's a lot of if's, but I still believe this is going to take off. Patience is a virtue. If I didn't think there was something positive afoot, I would have just cut my losses and moved on. Instead, I have bought more, and will continue to do so. My buys have decreased some, but I am still buying. If this thing can hit 50 or so, I will have quadrupled+ my investment. I think that's more than probable, and actually, I think a few hundred sat is within reach.

But, we'll see.
it has been a long time, nothing has came out, big news just seems stunt.
Activity: 72
Merit: 10
Any big projects still going on?  Seems like coins out of nowhere I've never heard of/have no idea what they do or what they're even for pass this one in market cap every day these days.  I want this coin to succeed but it seems pretty sluggish atm :/
yeah, somebody said big news for a long time, does this just bullshit and stunt?
Any big projects still going on?  Seems like coins out of nowhere I've never heard of/have no idea what they do or what they're even for pass this one in market cap every day these days.  I want this coin to succeed but it seems pretty sluggish atm :/

But, we'll see.
Jump to: