Author

Topic: [ANN] [MINT] Mintcoin (POS / 5%) [NO ICO] [Fair distro, community maintained] - page 305. (Read 1369778 times)

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000
Hopefully this comes off a good surprise : BC/MINT rivalry aside (if there still is one - I don't believe there is) I will be adding MintCoin support to my pool. I will having the beta test this weekend. You guys get to be the lucky guinea pigs if you decide to participate. A quick explanation as to what is going on : you will either be able to mine BC only, MINT only, or even go "hybrid" and configure your miners to be paid out 50/50 in BC/MINT.

Here is a preview. Smiley

Hey thank you blade87, this is really nice. SHA256 and X11 support is great! Much appreciated! The hybrid pool with hybrid payout is a really cool idea, I could see multi-altcoin, multi-algo multipools with hybrid payouts becoming very popular (a one-stop "shop" for everybody).
Activity: 63
Merit: 10
team work carefully and earnestly,
this coin is certainly a period of time I have to keep it!
Very good!
Activity: 15
Merit: 0
The android wallet when out?
Activity: 429
Merit: 250
Hopefully this comes off a good surprise : BC/MINT rivalry aside (if there still is one - I don't believe there is) I will be adding MintCoin support to my pool. I will having the beta test this weekend. You guys get to be the lucky guinea pigs if you decide to participate. A quick explanation as to what is going on : you will either be able to mine BC only, MINT only, or even go "hybrid" and configure your miners to be paid out 50/50 in BC/MINT.

Very nice looking pool, can't wait for it to be live!
legendary
Activity: 1988
Merit: 1007
I just tweeted Cryptsy asking them to disclose their policy on Proof of Stake coins, it would be nice to know that selling pressure isn't coming from them. If they don't want to give stake payments to traders, they could donate coins to a mintcoin fund instead, that would be a simple and elegant solution.

I think that Mintpal needs to provide a disclosure like this as well.  For all we know, a process is in place to dump interest from coins directly to the market adding to those sell walls.  That's what I like about Prelude by Moolah where they've come out and said they will give back that interest.

I know MintPal has stated they disable PoS function on coins if possible. I think most exchanges do the same.

I'd think most of them do this because it would otherwise create a fractional reserve. If coins are being minted, that means they aren't all accessible. With the increasing move towards being transparent, I think we'll see more sites move away from fractional reserve, and disabling PoS is just a part of that.
Activity: 1036
Merit: 606
I just tweeted Cryptsy asking them to disclose their policy on Proof of Stake coins, it would be nice to know that selling pressure isn't coming from them. If they don't want to give stake payments to traders, they could donate coins to a mintcoin fund instead, that would be a simple and elegant solution.

I think that Mintpal needs to provide a disclosure like this as well.  For all we know, a process is in place to dump interest from coins directly to the market adding to those sell walls.  That's what I like about Prelude by Moolah where they've come out and said they will give back that interest.

I know MintPal has stated they disable PoS function on coins if possible. I think most exchanges do the same.
Activity: 4
Merit: 0

Activity: 151
Merit: 10
Permission-based advertising platform

So I have not minted anything since I upgraded to 1.9.1 on 4.28

I have plenty of mature coins and have left my wallet unlocked and open. Any thoughts?
I think you're not using 1.9.1 but 1.9.0. It had a problem with minting. Can you try downloading 1.9.1 again?

Yes - I had the same problem with 1.9, and as soon as I downloaded 1.9.1 it started minting immediately, and has been minting like a banshee ever since! lol!

A few hours of minting last night with 1.9.1:

Yup I thought I had 1.9.1 but I did not. I am minting away.
Activity: 644
Merit: 500
Yes exactly. Think of it more like a convenient service for those too lazy to do it themselves. Tongue

Hashcows already does this. This will be another option.
legendary

Mintcoin is mineable with SHA265? Tell us when this is live?

No, that is for mining other coins (and possibly a multipool?). Anything is technically "mineable" with any algorithm. It's called mining for a coin, then converting to what you wanted. Ie. mine Bitcoin and use that to buy MINT. Now you've "mined" MINT using SHA-256.
Activity: 613
Mintcoin: Get some

Mintcoin is mineable with SHA265? Tell us when this is live?
legendary
If your normal pool already live? I'd like to check it out if so.

Yes, the pool (BlackCoin paying only) as been live for quite some time now. It was Scrypt only for about a month. Then it was upgraded to multi algo (Scrypt, X11, and SHA256). Now it's being upgraded again. It's in my signature.

MINT addition beta test is scheduled for Saturday night 9PM PST, at the latest Sunday night 9PM PST if some extra bugs need to be worked out. So definitely feel free to try out it beforehand if you'd like. Smiley

I just realized I misspelled "is." Nice.

Anyways, not everyone has signatures turned on, :p.

Yes, the pool (BlackCoin paying only) as been live for quite some time now. It was Scrypt only for about a month. Then it was upgraded to multi algo (Scrypt, X11, and SHA256). Now it's being upgraded again. It's in my signature.

MINT addition beta test is scheduled for Saturday night 9PM PST, at the latest Sunday night 9PM PST if some extra bugs need to be worked out. So definitely feel free to try out it beforehand if you'd like. (though right now it still only supports BC) Smiley
Activity: 868
Merit: 1000
maybe darkcoin will make others look at mint
legendary

Activity: 574
Activity: 826
Merit: 250
no minting since 12.05.2014.wallet 1.9.1.
wtf Huh
Activity: 185
Merit: 100
since i upgraded my wallet i have 0 balance.

all my deposits are there. the to address is greyed, the balance is not.
then loads of minting deposits all greyed out.

the balance in the block explorer is still there .. what to do ??

--
when i load the old backups,
i get a cant load blkindex.dat
I didn't understand the "greyed" part. If your addresses are in your wallet, but your balance shows wrong, try running "checkwallet" in debug console. If it reports anything, backup wallet.dat, and run "repairwallet". It fixes most of the problems
Jump to: