Author

Topic: [ANN] [MINT] Mintcoin (POS / 5%) [NO ICO] [Fair distro, community maintained] - page 304. (Read 1369778 times)

Activity: 458
Merit: 250
does any one here know how to set up a tipbot for mint?
could be a nice way to expand

There used to be two (on Reddit, and aslo on Twitter). I think the Reddit one, the owner is willing to let someone else handle it.
legendary
Activity: 2044
Merit: 1005
Just did my regular visit to mintpal and to my horror I saw mintcoin in the single digits, it was awful..  Sad

Yeah, I wonder why it went down so much. At least this is a good time to invest in more, :p.

It's still at 10 sats on poloniex. Maybe someone dumped a massive amount on mintpal and artificially lowered the price.

It's down to 8 on Cryptsy too though (people are dumping into that).

still waiting for 3 sats here Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1988
Merit: 1007
I know i am new here but maybe it's because btc is down and most markets as hole are down.
The ones that are up right now are P & D coins.
people flock to the pumps. but from what i have read here and the posts you have a very solid comunity.
So good things will come. As this coin is POS and time is on its side.
Just my 2 cents USD, lol
A joke

The low prices are great for those of us who believe in the coin. It's also a way to let people prove how much they believe in it, Smiley.
Activity: 51
Merit: 0
does any one here know how to set up a tipbot for mint?
could be a nice way to expand
Activity: 644
Merit: 500
An update on CryptoAlts: I will not be able to push the front end tonight to open up MINT beta just yet. Today I found getting everything working was so much more complicated than I originally expected. As I went through testing, I came to realize a lot of old code no longer worked. So I had to rewrite a lot. I literally spent ~10 hours of my Saturday just coding and testing. But, I managed to get through it, and successfully pay out both BlackCoin and MintCoin miners!

I am just too tired to push the front end tonight for some additional bug testing. That will go live in about 10-12 hours after I get some sleep. But, I am able to present to you, the first transaction ID (successful closed testing) that paid out MintCoin from CryptoAlts Pool. Grin

TXID LINK

Activity: 613
Merit: 500
Mintcoin: Get some
I have written the preliminary section for Mintcoin:

Please say if anything is incorrect.  I want the mintcoin community to help me complete the history section (3-5 important historical events)  I will publish the book this summer.  Any donations are highly welcome Cheesy

MZKhgDfWYxfWpkpC9Jn6ZtpBQduBSKvfet
If you are going for historical accuracy, here are some things you should include:

Algorithim:  "Full PoW - to Hybrid PoW/PoS - to Full PoS"

Premine:  "700,000,000 for bounties, giveaways, development, support and maintenance, Mintcoin Fund, and new feature developments etc."

Merchant Base: Yes. Can purchase goods and services with greater than >50 merchants as of April 2014.

Transaction Speed: 2 minutes, average.

Innovation: First coin of it's kind released. (First hybrid PoW/PoS released with fast initial 4-5 week PoW distribution. Converted to full PoS, aimed at being fast, energy efficient, and encouraging people to hold their coins by PoS rewards of 20% the first year, 15% the 2nd year, 10% the 3rd year, and 5% for the 4th+ years.)

You might also want to mention the fact that Mintcoin was the most profitable coin to mine in February 2014 while it was still mineable during the intial distribution phase, before it became full PoS, causing it to be very broadly distributed initially.

Make sure you have the link to the correct block explorer: http://mint.blockx.info/get/chain/MintCoin
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
I know i am new here but maybe it's because btc is down and most markets as hole are down.
The ones that are up right now are P & D coins.
people flock to the pumps. but from what i have read here and the posts you have a very solid comunity.
So good things will come. As this coin is POS and time is on its side.
Just my 2 cents USD, lol
A joke

legendary
Just did my regular visit to mintpal and to my horror I saw mintcoin in the single digits, it was awful..  Sad

Yeah, I wonder why it went down so much. At least this is a good time to invest in more, :p.

It's still at 10 sats on poloniex. Maybe someone dumped a massive amount on mintpal and artificially lowered the price.

It's down to 8 on Cryptsy too though (people are dumping into that).
Activity: 310

legendary
Activity: 1638

The problem with Mintpal is that traders hop on the flavor of the day coin and because there isn't enough new money coming in, they sell whatever they have to pay for their new coin.  This can be fixed by bringing Mintcoin to the public as opposed to fighting for the limited funds of people already involved in cryptos.  Crypto Moms is committed to bringing digital currency to women - http://cryptomoms.com/.  There is also Fire Fighters For Digital Currency (a Mintcoin supporter), who's goal is to bring digital currency to fire fighters around the world.  With support from the Mintcoin community, this would bring a lot of new demand for Mintcoin.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fire Fighters For Digital Currency (FF4DC) launched!

http://firefightersfordigitalcurrency.com/

FF4DC supports Mintcoin - check out their Store

The site is open to everyone and this would be a great way for Mintcoin to get some publicity outside the Cryptocurrency world.  We can all help out by registering, getting the forum going, and most importantly sending a message to your local fire department about this site.  This is a great opportunity to unite fire departments from around the world and to get some new people holding Mintcoin.

What kind of Mintcoin giveaway could we come up with to get people (especially firefighters) to register?  I will gladly donate to a giveaway like this.

Thanks everyone!
legendary

Activity: 364
legendary
Activity: 1520
Merit: 1205
I have written the preliminary section for Mintcoin:

Please say if anything is incorrect.  I want the mintcoin community to help me complete the history section (3-5 important historical events)  I will publish the book this summer.  Any donations are highly welcome Cheesy

MZKhgDfWYxfWpkpC9Jn6ZtpBQduBSKvfet
Hopefully this comes off a good surprise : BC/MINT rivalry aside (if there still is one - I don't believe there is) I will be adding MintCoin support to my pool. I will having the beta test this weekend. You guys get to be the lucky guinea pigs if you decide to participate. A quick explanation as to what is going on : you will either be able to mine BC only, MINT only, or even go "hybrid" and configure your miners to be paid out 50/50 in BC/MINT.

Here is a preview. Smiley

Hey everyone I am new to this thread.
Also a friend of blade87 well on the net and mining.
SO I hold a fair amount of BC which I will be keeping but I will be mining now Mint to as soon as his pool is up.
Looking forward to posts here. Smiley
and hoping it is okay for me to like and be a part of both communities.

Of course its okay to be part of both communities... welcome the the Mintcoin community
Thanks so much I am actually mining both right now as we speak. Blade87 let me in for testing it Smiley
I have the newest wallet updated Smiley
legendary
Activity: 2548
Merit: 1245
Hopefully this comes off a good surprise : BC/MINT rivalry aside (if there still is one - I don't believe there is) I will be adding MintCoin support to my pool. I will having the beta test this weekend. You guys get to be the lucky guinea pigs if you decide to participate. A quick explanation as to what is going on : you will either be able to mine BC only, MINT only, or even go "hybrid" and configure your miners to be paid out 50/50 in BC/MINT.

SO I hold a fair amount of BC which I will be keeping but I will be mining now Mint to as soon as his pool is up.

Of course its okay to be part of both communities... welcome to the Mintcoin community
Activity: 229
Merit: 100
sgk
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1002
!! HODL !!
OK, I have 2 issues that I need someone's help to fully understand:

1. My wallet balance decreased from ~12000 MINT to 11013 and I don't know how. I had the wallet open today and it was Minting whole day.
2. For 2 of my addresses, Block explorer shows a total of 11731 coins (Mhp2svGUdLxWYHBNNNNHewPQBRN21Bqohx  &  MdC4oocH4c9x9WwwqDn8WF4oQTMXw15Jg6). And I have some coins generated from Minting, so my total balance should be obviously more than what I currently have (11013). I haven't spent any coins yet.

I don't now why the balance decreased. Can anyone shed some light on the issue?

Edit:
Some coins moved from 'Stake' to 'Balance' and it shows the correct balance now.
Activity: 295
The android wallet when out?

I have been waiting to download the android wallet as well. Is there any chance we could have an ETA for it?

legendary
Activity: 1638
Fire Fighters For Digital Currency (FF4DC) launched!

http://firefightersfordigitalcurrency.com/

FF4DC supports Mintcoin - check out their Store

The site is open to everyone and this would be a great way for Mintcoin to get some publicity outside the Cryptocurrency world.  We can all help out by registering, getting the forum going, and most importantly sending a message to your local fire department about this site.  This is a great opportunity to unite fire departments from around the world and to get some new people holding Mintcoin.

What kind of Mintcoin giveaway could we come up with to get people (especially firefighters) to register?  I will gladly donate to a giveaway like this.

Thanks everyone!
Jump to: