Author

Topic: [ANN] [MINT] Mintcoin (POS / 5%) [NO ICO] [Fair distro, community maintained] - page 306. (Read 1369778 times)

legendary
Activity: 1204
Merit: 1000
to your stations, man the pineapples!!!
since i upgraded my wallet i have 0 balance.

all my deposits are there. the to address is greyed, the balance is not.
then loads of minting deposits all greyed out.

the balance in the block explorer is still there .. what to do ??

--
EDIT
all good,
i exported the privkey, and imported it into a blank wallet.
everything is now fine Smiley huzzah
Activity: 546
Merit: 500
I have removed all my dropbox links regarding Mintcoin, since they are outdated anyway.
Avoids confusion of someone downloading the old client.
However, im not too sure if anyone has compiled new 1.9.1 mac version yet. OP is not updated and still links to my old 1.8.
Activity: 672
Banned: For Your Protection

So I have not minted anything since I upgraded to 1.9.1 on 4.28

I have plenty of mature coins and have left my wallet unlocked and open. Any thoughts?
I think you're not using 1.9.1 but 1.9.0. It had a problem with minting. Can you try downloading 1.9.1 again?

Yes - I had the same problem with 1.9, and as soon as I downloaded 1.9.1 it started minting immediately, and has been minting like a banshee ever since! lol!

A few hours of minting last night with 1.9.1:

Activity: 185
Merit: 100

I have plenty of mature coins and have left my wallet unlocked and open. Any thoughts?
I think you're not using 1.9.1 but 1.9.0. It had a problem with minting. Can you try downloading 1.9.1 again?
legendary
Activity: 1988
Merit: 1007
I wasted all my time mining mint for a mere 100K mint.
This coin is crap, i should have mined darkcoin instead, ive sold all mine and bought DRK Cheesy

The trick is to mine the most profitable coin and then convert it to what you want. In this case, you use a multipool that pays out in BTC, have that paid to an exchange, and then buy MINT with it. This will usually (in 99.9999% of the cases) yield the best results.
legendary
Activity: 1918
Merit: 1001
I wasted all my time mining mint for a mere 100K mint.
This coin is crap, i should have mined darkcoin instead, ive sold all mine and bought DRK Cheesy
Activity: 611
Anglo Saxon Crypto Enthusiast
I just tweeted Cryptsy asking them to disclose their policy on Proof of Stake coins, it would be nice to know that selling pressure isn't coming from them. If they don't want to give stake payments to traders, they could donate coins to a mintcoin fund instead, that would be a simple and elegant solution.
legendary
As someone that's been using faucets to obtain Mintcoin but hasn't actually gotten involved yet... someone sell me on it. Why should one make the move? Why this coin? Smiley.
why this coin? of the top of my head

1. pos rate is awesome 20% a year right now cant complain bout that( you could live of you're pos rate if price was high or if you have a lot of coins)
2. 50+ merchants + a lot of exchanges
3. we have hit our floor, price should jump soon
4. mintcoin has a positive and a very helpful active community
5. the mintcoin community donates coins to various charity's
6. mintcoin is young, its still a baby it has so much time to grow and improve (android wallet soon Grin)
7. the devs are great they are working on new things for the coin as we speak
8. very fast transactions. this is massive, if a coin can be transferred fast and securely then there is no limit as to how far the coin can go.
9. NO MINING!!! NO HIGH POWER BILL!!!

+ alot more make the right choice, mint your future!

Thanks for your input!

Anyone happen to have any writing/editing/proofreading/etc. jobs that pay out in MINT? :p
Activity: 230

Well, I would hazard a guess that it's only been 18 days since it minted last, and it takes a minimum of 20 days to mint.
Activity: 19
Merit: 0
MINT this coin I play a few days, make a lot of appreciation night, fast, is worth everybody to play, is a potential currency!
Activity: 51
As someone that's been using faucets to obtain Mintcoin but hasn't actually gotten involved yet... someone sell me on it. Why should one make the move? Why this coin? Smiley.
why this coin? of the top of my head

1. pos rate is awesome 20% first year 15% second year and so on (you could live of the pos rate if price was high or if you have a lot of coins)
2. 50+ merchants + a lot of exchanges
3. we have hit our floor, price should jump soon
4. mintcoin has a positive and a very helpful active community
5. the mintcoin community donates coins to various charity's
6. mintcoin is young, its still a baby it has so much time to grow and improve (android wallet soon Grin)
7. the devs are great they are working on new things for the coin as we speak
8. very fast transactions. this is massive, if a coin can be transferred fast and securely then there is no limit as to how far the coin can go.
9. NO MINING!!! NO HIGH POWER BILL!!!

+ alot more make the right choice, mint your future!

http://media0.giphy.com/media/GCLlQnV7wzKLu/giphy.gif
Activity: 151
Merit: 10
Permission-based advertising platform

legendary

Right now it is ridiculously undervalued for starters.

Yes it is... Now, as for this coin - what some of us are counting on is for the very concept of Proof of Stake to be gain an understanding in wider circles. So we're talking about ordinary people catching on the the idea that this is like a term deposit. So let's assume that people find out about PoS coins and then want to compare them. They probably won't acknowledge a coin outside of the top 50 on coin market cap, and this is where Mint is pretty well entrenched. Then they will compare rates, as I've said, 1% is negligible, I think 5% is the minimum rate for it to be considered an incentive to someone thinking along these lines. And if you think 20% is too high, you just have to a) factor in the drop after 1 year and b) contrast it to the rate coin supplies are increasing under Proof of Work. Other than that, the name is good - the messaging is good - the community is accomplishing things, so, what more do you want??

A Twitter GIVEAWAY is what you want!!  Head on over to https://twitter.com/verymintcards and Follow Me.  Retweet my giveaway post with your Mintcoin address and you will receive 1000 Mintcoin for just a couple clicks!  That's it!  Easiest 1000 Mintcoins you will ever get...well besides staking it but you know what I mean!  Take a little break and get some fast Mintcoin before it runs out!

I just did the retweet and followed your account (and sent out a message to your account like the others did). Thanks!

Yes it is... Now, as for this coin - what some of us are counting on is for the very concept of Proof of Stake to be gain an understanding in wider circles. So we're talking about ordinary people catching on the the idea that this is like a term deposit. So let's assume that people find out about PoS coins and then want to compare them. They probably won't acknowledge a coin outside of the top 50 on coin market cap, and this is where Mint is pretty well entrenched. Then they will compare rates, as I've said, 1% is negligible, I think 5% is the minimum rate for it to be considered an incentive to someone thinking along these lines. And if you think 20% is too high, you just have to a) factor in the drop after 1 year and b) contrast it to the rate coin supplies are increasing under Proof of Work. Other than that, the name is good - the messaging is good - the community is accomplishing things, so, what more do you want??

A Twitter GIVEAWAY is what you want!!  Head on over to https://twitter.com/verymintcards and Follow Me.  Retweet my giveaway post with your Mintcoin address and you will receive 1000 Mintcoin for just a couple clicks!  That's it!  Easiest 1000 Mintcoins you will ever get...well besides staking it but you know what I mean!  Take a little break and get some fast Mintcoin before it runs out!

Well thanks! That was about the quickest transaction ever in the history of giveaways! lol!  Grin
Activity: 4

Activity: 611
Anglo Saxon Crypto Enthusiast

Yes - artificially, one might even say...  Wink
Activity: 154

Activity: 154
Newsflash:  Cryptsy is having a sale on MINT, just 7 to 8 satoshi.  While supplies last!

I ran out of BTC so I thought I would let you guys in on it.

Well that figures - I just sent some btc to Mintpal to help eliminate the sells @10. pffffft!

I blame the idiot that leaves a 19 BTC sell order @48 on Cryptsy all the time. I'm wouldn't be surprised if that recent dump was the exchange selling the interest they make on all the coins people leave there out of habit.

I seriously don't understand why anyone would let orders of a PoS coin sit on an exchange, especially at an ask price so far from the bid.  It boggles the mind.  Just giving away free coins!
Jump to: