Author

Topic: [ANN] [MINT] Mintcoin (POS / 5%) [NO ICO] [Fair distro, community maintained] - page 310. (Read 1369778 times)

legendary
Activity: 2548
Merit: 1245
simple reason .. it needs 20 days to mint again. If you download 1.9.1 you will see information next to your connection bar if you have mature coins,
can come really in handy. Also try to use the coincontrol features to bundle your transactions together by sending it to your own address .. this will make it
one large transaction that will get easier to mint (just remember it will reset coinage of all coins you selected in your bundling)

Is there a reason why my wallet wont mint? Since I upgraded to 1.9 I have not seen 1 mint. It is unlocked and I am using the windows wallet. 4/28 was the last time I saw a new stake.

I have mature coins. It even says I should see a reward in 9 mins. But its been like that for about a week.

Just give it another night and if nothing is still minted the next day give us a pic of yr transactions to look at (also a pic of yr transactions through coincontrol) 
Activity: 151
Merit: 10
Permission-based advertising platform
simple reason .. it needs 20 days to mint again. If you download 1.9.1 you will see information next to your connection bar if you have mature coins,
can come really in handy. Also try to use the coincontrol features to bundle your transactions together by sending it to your own address .. this will make it
one large transaction that will get easier to mint (just remember it will reset coinage of all coins you selected in your bundling)

Is there a reason why my wallet wont mint? Since I upgraded to 1.9 I have not seen 1 mint. It is unlocked and I am using the windows wallet. 4/28 was the last time I saw a new stake.

I have mature coins. It even says I should see a reward in 9 mins. But its been like that for about a week.
legendary

Activity: 151
Merit: 10
Permission-based advertising platform
Activity: 546
Merit: 500
Its not that im too concerned about how much of premine goes where. Im interested about how much premine is already been sold off and how much is left?
Since i am rather big investor in this coin and i have dedicated a lot of hours for compiling wallets for mintcoin, i think i deserve to know more than i know now.
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
I'm not too concerned about the premine either as I think premines are necessary and legit if the devs don't vanish shortly after launch (and this dev has not although he is a bit quiet.)

I would just like to hear more about what is coming in the pipeline for this coin as we definitely need something to jolt some more interest and get the price moving.

I'm not looking to make a fast buck on it and have no intention of selling soon but if prices languish for too long it can create a death spiral as investors and holders who are impatient lose interest. This has happened to many altcoins so we can't just completely ignore it and say "let them leave."
legendary
There are a few things i feel are working against Mintcoin (and a lot of other alt coins) at the moment :

- Bitcoin has been for some time on a downtrend due to all that stuff happening in China and ofcourse the collapse of Mt Gox, dragging a lot of alt coins on a downward trend with it.
- The total cap on coins is so large with Mintcoin that you have to be realistic and see this as a longterm project and treat it as such.
- The number of altcoins available as of today makes it harder to get attention for this coin (however, Mintcoin staying steady at rank 28 (http://coinmarketcap.com/) is not that bad
   when you think about it).
- All altcoin are basicly still in a startup fase, it will take a few years before the general public will be aware of them and they outgrow the pump and dump schemes.  

Two things i'm looking forward too :

- android app for Mintcoin
- the Mintcoin Fund realisation (this one might bring out a nice green rabbit from a hat labeled Mintcoin)

Just my two cents..

qwizzie

edit : about the premine... i dont really care about it, they mention ''1% premine for bounties, giveaways, development, support and maintenance, new feature developments etc'' on the first post.
i understand a large part will go to the forming of the Mintcoin Fund and i really dont need to know all the little details tbh.
Activity: 546
Merit: 500
In short term, MINT will not get you much profit. Probably not anything at all.
In long term? Yes it may.
Still waiting for mintcointeam to step up and share info about premine.
Activity: 229
One easy way to increase the buy pressure is to use the multipool @ hashco.ws
All miners who want to support mint should use it! it is very profitable at this low price and at the same time you help push the price up

I think the problem is the reward there isn't too high. I tried it for a few days and I was not getting a hell of a lot of mint for my efforts.
Well, the profitability varies from day to day but very often it is the most profitable on avarage in this list:
http://poolpicker.eu/

In fact, I don't want to mine any PoW coin. Open the mintcoin wallet and then do nothing.
Yes, thats the beauty with a properly configured POS-coin like mintcoin!
securing the network and creating new coins just by opening the wallet Smiley
POW-coins will be history soon...
I just don't want my heart to be bothered by the configuring and managing of the PoW mining.
Activity: 210
All miners who want to support mint should use it! it is very profitable at this low price and at the same time you help push the price up

I think the problem is the reward there isn't too high. I tried it for a few days and I was not getting a hell of a lot of mint for my efforts.
Well, the profitability varies from day to day but very often it is the most profitable on avarage in this list:

In fact, I don't want to mine any PoW coin. Open the mintcoin wallet and then do nothing.
Yes, thats the beauty with a properly configured POS-coin like mintcoin!
securing the network and creating new coins just by opening the wallet Smiley
POW-coins will be history soon...

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000
I've been off the thread for a while, and reading the last few pages I see some despair about the price.  I'm not really worried because I see good buy oppurtunities, but anyway I think I know something that could help boost price.

A working tipbot on reddit.

If any members of the community are up to the task, you would be doing a great service to the community. The current reddit tipbot is run by reddit user talkb1nary, but he doesn't really have time to maintain the thing.(not currently working, don't deposit) He has stated he would hand over the code to a motivated community member. Thanks to anyone who can help.

http://www.reddit.com/r/MintCoin/comments/23ft4y/is_our_tipbot_still_working/
I didn't know it wasn't working, I dumped some coin in it last night and had planned on tipping a few post on /r/Mintcoin.
I know the payments went through but I ran an +info command, it's only been 10 hrs ago, and I haven't even gotten a reply to that.

If it doesn't work then I'd donate the 100k to a developer that can get it working again.

I can donate another 100k to whoever gets it working/maintains it.
Activity: 429
Merit: 250
I've been off the thread for a while, and reading the last few pages I see some despair about the price.  I'm not really worried because I see good buy oppurtunities, but anyway I think I know something that could help boost price.

If any members of the community are up to the task, you would be doing a great service to the community. The current reddit tipbot is run by reddit user talkb1nary, but he doesn't really have time to maintain the thing.(not currently working, don't deposit) He has stated he would hand over the code to a motivated community member. Thanks to anyone who can help.

I didn't know it wasn't working, I dumped some coin in it last night and had planned on tipping a few post on /r/Mintcoin.
I know the payments went through but I ran an +info command, it's only been 10 hrs ago, and I haven't even gotten a reply to that.

If it doesn't work then I'd donate the 100k to a developer that can get it working again.

I've been away for a few days, what is the status of the mobile wallet? Are we close to a release?
When will one mint be precious

Activity: 10
Merit: 0
Looks very interesting, I'm looking forward to seeing how this turns out.
guys,What is the next step in the programme?
Jump to: