Author

Topic: [ANN] [MINT] Mintcoin (POS / 5%) [NO ICO] [Fair distro, community maintained] - page 359. (Read 1369778 times)

Activity: 490
Merit: 500
Just received my first "Minted" coins. 240000 new coins.... Oh yeah!!

It was a little exciting  Grin

240000 / 1.095% = 21917808

You have at least 21917808 mint! You are so rich!

I wish... I screwed up. It was 142000. It came in twice, but it was only a total of 142k. Still bloody good though! But my total is 108 Million, so I guess more minted coins come as the date moves on.

This coin has so much potential and a awesome community. I hope it rises to where it belongs, because in my opinion this is ridiculously undervalued ATM!
Activity: 229
Merit: 100

It was a little exciting  Grin

240000 / 1.095% = 21917808

You have at least 21917808 mint! You are so rich!
Activity: 518
The blockchain is the future
Activity: 490

It was a little exciting  Grin
Activity: 613
Mintcoin: Get some
Yep, do you have the correct addnodes?
Activity: 364
Merit: 250
you have bad nodes that are syncing forked blockchain to cause that sync issue follow the directions that were given to fix this
Activity: 385
My wallet always loses sync. And compared to the block explorer its up to date but the wallet says its not and always trying to download up to 274623 block, right now its trying to download 9273 blocks and the last block recieved was 264901 and its uptodate compared to the block explorer why is this? v 1.8 wallet I might add.

1. Open up the %appdata%\Mintcoin folder.
2. Make a backup of your Mintcoin.dat and Mintcoin.conf files and place them in a different/safe folder, just in case.
2. Open the Mintcoin.conf file in your %appdata%/Mintcoin folder.
3. Delete all node addresses in the file, leave everything else. Save changes.
4. Open your Mintcoin wallet folder, and rename your "Mintcoin -qt.exe" file to "Mintcoin -qt -checknode=0.exe" <--- You can copy and paste what I just typed, just make sure to remove quotation marks. 
5. Start wallet up. Should synch after that and have no more issues.

I dont think you inderstand, the sync issue comes and goes, but the fact it appears baffles me. I know how to redo a wallet. But the dysync comes and the wallet is up to date with the current blocks and its trying to download 9000 blocks ahead of the chain.
Activity: 210
There are 200btc sell orders but only 12btc buy orders for mint on mintpal.
Sorry to say but mint is getting forgotten!

A few days ago i mentioned mint in different threads here on btt and some replied "Thank you for reminding me" and things like that.

We have to do something that draw peoples attention at least here on btt. We need more buy support in the short term or else i fear it will drop fast in price soon and people will start panic sell (maybe that will draw attention thouh but i dont know if it will be possitive attention..)

What to do...?

I would keep mining at hashco.ws but my mining pc gave up the other day.

One easy thing that everybody here can do is scan the forum in altcoin section and post information about mintcoin in different threads. There are lots of questions about pos coins and threads asking for good coins to invest in and so on.
Activity: 229
Activity: 613
Mintcoin: Get some
Proud to announce a brand new, MINTCOIN exclusive store

http://mintwoot.com

Currently available

Brand new ATI R9 280x's

http://www.mintwoot.com/products/ati-amd-radeon-r9-280x-video-card

Battlefield 4 [Online Download Codes]

http://www.mintwoot.com/products/battlefield-4-pc-download-code

Awesome! Mintcoin & the Mintcoin community here are so awesome. There is passion and excitement, but there is also prudence and most importantly commitment. There has been a lot of negative sentiment lately, but Mintcoin has survived wave after wave after wave...The commitment here is astoundingly superb.
Activity: 97
Merit: 10
Proud to announce a brand new, MINTCOIN exclusive store

http://mintwoot.com

Currently available

Brand new ATI R9 280x's

http://www.mintwoot.com/products/ati-amd-radeon-r9-280x-video-card

Battlefield 4 [Online Download Codes]

http://www.mintwoot.com/products/battlefield-4-pc-download-code

Dell ULTRASHARP U3014 30" IPS MONITOR (1 in stock)

http://www.mintwoot.com/products/dell-u3014-ultrasharp-monitor

Activity: 269
Parsec Frontiers Pre-Sale 24.01.2018
My wallet always loses sync. And compared to the block explorer its up to date but the wallet says its not and always trying to download up to 274623 block, right now its trying to download 9273 blocks and the last block recieved was 264901 and its uptodate compared to the block explorer why is this? v 1.8 wallet I might add.

1. Open up the %appdata%\Mintcoin folder.
2. Make a backup of your Mintcoin.dat and Mintcoin.conf files and place them in a different/safe folder, just in case.
2. Open the Mintcoin.conf file in your %appdata%/Mintcoin folder.
3. Delete all node addresses in the file, leave everything else. Save changes.
4. Open your Mintcoin wallet folder, and rename your "Mintcoin -qt.exe" file to "Mintcoin -qt -checknode=0.exe" <--- You can copy and paste what I just typed, just make sure to remove quotation marks. 
5. Start wallet up. Should synch after that and have no more issues.

Activity: 385
Activity: 658
Merit: 503
Monero Core Team
One problem that has come up recently in BTC circles is that merchants who accept a coin but then immediately exchange it, are actually creating sell pressure rather than helping the coin price. Any ideas on how mint could work around this?
Merchants have accountancy. Multiple currencies is hard to track, let alone non legally-recognized currencies! So it is expected that merchant don't keep BTC - they just cannot.
Solution: develop a parallel economy (yeah I know, scary word) for products that do not need an accountancy. C-to-C economy (local economy) is a possibility. NGO might be another one. Basically, we have to think in term of accountancy, not in term of "they are afraid". Sure they are afraid, but I believe if accountancy is not a problem anymore, it would be much easier.

Another possibility is to develop services which do not allow buying in fiat (even if the suppliers themselves are paid in fiat). One final option is to give a discount for buying in mintcoin. A nice way to implement this:

T-shirt: 500,000 MINT (21 euros) or 30 euros*
* the prices are different before we want to encourage people to use an energy-efficient, secure, decentralized money giving the money back to people (with a 20% interest rate as an icing on the cake). We are ready to cut on our margin to fulfill our dream. If you want to get mintcoins (and cheaper products!) go to https://www.litebit.eu/coin/mint/en/ and exchange some euros for mintcoins (shipping and handling also will be in mintcoins). For more information about mintcoin, visit http://mintcoin.cc.

Posting official documentation on the mintcoin.cc page as well as photos of the devs would make it look more professional imho.
The dev wishes to remain anonymous (that's why he won't be a board member of Mintcoin Fund). As for me, google my name and will know (almost) everything you want to. I will probably post something about me on the Mintcoin Fund website once it will be ready.

there is already a raspberry pi wallet for NXT which runs on solar energy. it is a nice gimmick but i don't think it will be used by a lot of people. it takes some time to get it to work properly and most people will not invest that amount of time. further isn't there already a linux wallet for MINT? isn't it possible to put this on a raspberry pi? maybe someone can try?

Short version: dependencies

Long version:Linux, as you probably know, is not, like Windows or Mac, a single OS. For the same reason that BTC has many fork (mintcoin being one), Linux has many variants (distribution, technically different than forks but this subtlity doesn't matter much here).

There are already several Linux version running on Raspberry. But the distributions for Raspberry must be less ressource-hungry than the one for desktops. Ubuntu, the most common Linux distro, is clearly too big and demanding for Raspberry. And distros small enough to fit in a 'berry will probably not have the required tool (technical term is "dependancy") to run a mintcoin wallet. This possible to get around this, but it will require some major reworking, thus time (and maybe money).

Get paid every 20 days   Smiley
For people outside of Northern America (where you get paid every 15 days, if my memory serves me well), this is called a salary Smiley

But most people on here are just looking to make quick buck rather than a slow fortune.
What matters is who is buying these mintcoins? If this is newcomers, this is a good thing. I plan to release a Gini comparisons of various coins, to check how fair we are widespread. I am also planning a "spread mint" campaign. Mintcoin holders pledge to send a part of their minting (and only minting, no touching of your base) to a specific address devoted to newcomers. I don't know yet how to avoid giving it to large holders, so if you have an idea, please tell me.
Monero Core Team
Good Morning, Evening, or afternoon....wherever you are in this world.

This is going to be a TL:DR post, but I respectfully ask you all to take the time to read it.
Hi Ken,

I'm just catching up the forum now (I should be catching up some sleep Smiley) I just finished to read you "tl;dr" post.

I would like to express my deepest sympathies for your effort. I've been particularly touched by fuzzybunny69. You truly are one of these persons why I keep fighting for Mintcoin. Earlier today, I asked on bitcointalk why people came from forex - isn't forex supposed to be better than crypto? And someone answered this:
No community
Right on the mark. That's it. The community. People with an ideal for a better world for us and for our children (and grandchildren).

Thank you for what you did Ken. Really. Even if the destination was not what you expected, there is something left: the trip.

Keep well, friend.
Monero Core Team
Hi,

Following a wise proposal from a Blackcoiner, I created "common ground thread", Cynosure (more or less "guide" in Latin). I hope it will ease things out. I won't interfere much, I have enough to do with mintcoin projets Smiley But if someone wants to either fight/FUD or on the opposite build bridges, that could be the place.

Cynosure - BlackCoin and Mintcoin intermediation
Can you do something with the newer logo?

I sure can! I will incorporate it in to the next one I do.
Activity: 434
Can you do something with the newer logo?

I cleaned it up a bit from the original, and made it so it reflects the "in progress" status of the android app.

Jump to: