Author

Topic: [ANN] [MINT] Mintcoin (POS / 5%) [NO ICO] [Fair distro, community maintained] - page 401. (Read 1369778 times)

Activity: 82
Merit: 10
I need help.  I just opened my wallet today for minting and noticed that it's not syncing anymore.  Then I saw the mandatory update to 1.7 wallet (i'm on 1.5 now) in OP and need your help.  I'm a tech newb and I'd appreciate if anyone can take me step by step process on how to update wallet.  Safest method will be appreciated.  Thanks in advance!

You need to make sure you can see hidden files and folders on your operating system. then go to your users/appdata/mintcoin folder and backup your wallet.dat somewhere. Then delete all the other files leaving behind only your super important wallet.dat file. Then run the updated mintcoin client.

"Then delete all other files.."  Do you mean all the files in users/appdata/mintcoin folder (except wallet.dat) and then download/run the 1.7 wallet?
Activity: 269
Merit: 250
Parsec Frontiers Pre-Sale 24.01.2018
Due to the relative stability, I am beginning to see it as a high-interest savings account!

"I'd Rather Make Mine MINTCOIN!"

There's another slogan. =P
legendary
Activity: 980
Merit: 1004
I need help.  I just opened my wallet today for minting and noticed that it's not syncing anymore.  Then I saw the mandatory update to 1.7 wallet (i'm on 1.5 now) in OP and need your help.  I'm a tech newb and I'd appreciate if anyone can take me step by step process on how to update wallet.  Safest method will be appreciated.  Thanks in advance!

You need to make sure you can see hidden files and folders on your operating system. then go to your users/appdata/mintcoin folder and backup your wallet.dat somewhere. Then delete all the other files leaving behind only your super important wallet.dat file. Then run the updated mintcoin client.
Activity: 658
Merit: 503
Monero Core Team
Activity: 82
Merit: 10
Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

I've supported Mintcoin from the start, well from around the 2nd week in anyway.  Smiley

Thanks for the heads up. I'm aware of your support, thank you.

Indeed. I've placed the Mintcoin logo on the home pages of my web based proxy sites:

www.xeronet-proxy.org
www.xeronet-proxy.biz
www.xeronet-proxy.info
www.xeronet-proxy.net
www.xeronet-proxy.com

So, some free advertising! Could use a quality 468x60 banner as I'll be adding a bunch into rotation soon for a few alt. coins.  Grin

This is great, thank you! Somebody get you a banner!
Activity: 868
Merit: 1000
MINT die ?

MINT is very alive and well. While BTC is done most other altcoins have crashed to low levels. MINT still holds at 13-15 satoshis which says a lot. I was actually surprised it is till holding at this level. I was expecting it to bottom at 9-10 satoshis. MINT surprises me everyday which is why I see that it will rise to really high levels. Cryptocurrencies are very important for society. They will therefore rise again and when they do, BTC prices will go up and so will MINT and by a lot too.

Yup! A gap has opened up at 14 again and it looks like it is being filled with buy orders this time, I wouldn't be surprised if we pushed up to 15+ again especially since things appear to have settled down with Faircoin and BC for the time being. Either way, the stability is impressive considering the strain the market has been feeling due to the state of BTC and the current craze over other coins.
legendary
Activity: 2646
Merit: 1722
https://youtu.be/DsAVx0u9Cw4 ... Dr. WHO < KLF

I've supported Mintcoin from the start, well from around the 2nd week in anyway.  Smiley

Indeed. I've placed the Mintcoin logo on the home pages of my web based proxy sites:

www.xeronet-proxy.org
www.xeronet-proxy.biz
www.xeronet-proxy.info
www.xeronet-proxy.net
www.xeronet-proxy.com

So, some free advertising! Could use a quality 468x60 banner as I'll be adding a bunch into rotation soon for a few alt. coins.  Grin
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
Everyone reading, please consider contacting

1) BTC-e.com I love this exchange. It would be great if they got MINT on it.

2) It would be good to get MINT/$USD at Cryptsy as well, so feel free to email them.

3) Also, Canada's largest and best exchange, CaVirtEx, would really benefit from getting MINT. Be sure to email [email protected] to ask them to accept MIN.

I'll fire off some email tonight  Smiley
The bug affects every coin and exchange out there and ANYTHING that uses OpenSSL. Let's not panic like this is only Mintcoin's problem.

I'm sure the dev will fix it as BitcoinFX said. Mintpal and Cryptsy have already updated their exchanges.

Yes. Indeed. I didn't intend to appear negative. This effects almost all OpenSSL related software...

"Scramble to fix huge 'heartbleed' security bug" - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-26935905

legendary
The bug affects every coin and exchange out there and ANYTHING that uses OpenSSL. Let's not panic like this is only Mintcoin's problem.

I'm sure the dev will fix it as BitcoinFX said. Mintpal and Cryptsy have already updated their exchanges.

Yes. Indeed. I didn't intend to appear negative. This effects almost all OpenSSL related software...

"Scramble to fix huge 'heartbleed' security bug" - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-26935905

Activity: 434
Everyone reading, please consider contacting

1) BTC-e.com I love this exchange. It would be great if they got MINT on it.

2) It would be good to get MINT/$USD at Cryptsy as well, so feel free to email them.

3) Also, Canada's largest and best exchange, CaVirtEx, would really benefit from getting MINT. Be sure to email [email protected] to ask them to accept MINT.
Activity: 434
MINT die ?

MINT is very alive and well. While BTC is done most other altcoins have crashed to low levels. MINT still holds at 13-15 satoshis which says a lot. I was actually surprised it is till holding at this level. I was expecting it to bottom at 9-10 satoshis. MINT surprises me everyday which is why I see that it will rise to really high levels. Cryptocurrencies are very important for society. They will therefore rise again and when they do, BTC prices will go up and so will MINT and by a lot too.
Activity: 269
Parsec Frontiers Pre-Sale 24.01.2018
Hello Vault of Satoshi!

I have 3 Questions:

-When will Darkcoin, Worldcoin, Mintcoin, Cryptogenic Bullion, and Maxcoin be added?

-How close are you to re-opening to U.S. Customers?

VoS: Those coins will be added in the next few weeks! We're pretty excited about that!

As far as the US re-entry we've identified our re-entry strategy to first launch a few select states and are moving forward on that!

Activity: 126
Smashing rocks with my GPU
Haven't been on for a bit. Anyone else notice that coinmarketcap's Price values are not updating? It appears to be for all of them, but definitely Bitcoin.

Edit: Bitcoin has been at $ 457.84 for at least 24 hours.
legendary
Activity: 980
Merit: 1004
See: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/security-flaw-found-in-almost-all-crypto-related-software-561464 - Security flaw found in almost all crypto related software.

Mintcoin is using OpenSSL 1.0.1e which is vulnerable.

I'm sure the dev. team is aware of this and will release a new compile asap.

If they don't, lets try to steal the premine! I'm sure they're staking it.
legendary
See: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/security-flaw-found-in-almost-all-crypto-related-software-561464 - Security flaw found in almost all crypto related software.

Mintcoin is using OpenSSL 1.0.1e which is vulnerable.

I'm sure the dev. team is aware of this and will release a new compile asap.
Activity: 308
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
Does Mintcoin use live central checkpointing like peercoin? If it doesn't, isn't the minimum coin age unnecessary?

Mintcointeam please answer this.
Jump to: