Author

Topic: [ANN] [MINT] Mintcoin (POS / 5%) [NO ICO] [Fair distro, community maintained] - page 402. (Read 1369778 times)

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000
Thx kergekoin for the coin control! As soon as you release the Mac test wallet I will be happy to test it! Keep up the amazing work!

+1! Yes, thank you kergekoin for working on this!
I'm having issues with wallet 1.7

I had a large balance, prior.  I did not upgrade until after block 220000

I have backups, with wallet dump keys, index, etc and also .dat files that are prior to 220000

At my first attemp to upgrade to wallet 220000 (linux),  I deleted the blkindex, etc and
restarted the wallet allowing it to redownload.

When it was complete it doesn't have the correct balance.   It is on the proper block now,
but it looks like the balance is reflected with no minting.

How can I fix this?  

Heya,

I would recommend you post the problem on the mintcointalk forum or even the reddit forum as the dev team is much more active those.

If you haven't tried already, give repairwallet a try. Also maybe try the getbalance [account] [minconf=1] option to see if it displays the correct balance? Similar problems seem to be occurring over on the faircoin thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=487212.5380

Curious side note: does anybody know what the checkwallet function does?
Activity: 307
Merit: 252
Thx kergekoin for the coin control! As soon as you release the Mac test wallet I will be happy to test it! Keep up the amazing work!
Activity: 364
Merit: 250
How's the multipool with mint payouts at hashco.ws doing? Did we reach their target?
Activity: 97
Merit: 10
I'm having issues with wallet 1.7

I had a large balance, prior.  I did not upgrade until after block 220000

I have backups, with wallet dump keys, index, etc and also .dat files that are prior to 220000

At my first attemp to upgrade to wallet 220000 (linux),  I deleted the blkindex, etc and
restarted the wallet allowing it to redownload.

When it was complete it doesn't have the correct balance.   It is on the proper block now,
but it looks like the balance is reflected with no minting.

How can I fix this?   
legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1004
Does Mintcoin use live central checkpointing like peercoin? If it doesn't, isn't the minimum coin age unnecessary?
Activity: 966
Merit: 513
Thanks but still that's a lot of text for someone to read and understand who just wants to use mint coins to buy stuff.

I think the wallet should be as clean and simple possible for mintcoin to reach mass adoption, that said coin control could be an option activated only through the settings menu. it's a cool feature!

I've not yet looked at this beta implementation, but coin control is an activated expert feature on every wallet equipped with it I've seen to date. If reading a couple paragraphs to increase their chance of staking and lower tx fees on micro payments is too much effort for someone then they need do nothing and they'd never even know coin control was available.

Even the ultra conservative bitcoin devs are finally caving and stopping with the lowest common denominator one size fits all thinking...finally. Coin control is a must for a pos coin imo.

If that's the case and it's optional in the wallet settings then thats great. It should be simple enough for joe 6pack and advanced enough for the more demanding coin nerd.

Confirmed. Coin control is only available after enabling it as an advanced feature(settings > options > display). Now j6p can watch nascars making left turns all day, drink beer, and not have to be bothered with lernin' and stuff. Wink

Thanks Kergekoin!

legendary
Activity: 1418
Merit: 1002
Why would integrating a wallet feature create a hard fork? Wallet Control is not part of the algorithm of the coin. HBN was not hard forked for the wallet feature, Tranz added wallet control to newer HBN wallets. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Kergekoin?

Correct. Bitcoin 0.9 also has coin control now. From merge requests i can not see anything which would require hard forking.

Nice! So are you going to do it? I think the community and dev would embrace.

I just finished it and made pull request. It works just beautifully with my Windows wallet, but likely some testing is needed for linux and mac.

If you want to use it before officially confirmed:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ibwj1p88q340tg9/Mintcoin%20with%20CC.zip
Default disclaimer: Im not responsible if you damage your wallet.dat with it. Please be sure you have a backup before overwriting!

Coin control is good Smiley
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
Is normal in pos mintin that the next block have a timestamp before the first one.

Like: block 100 time 19:42:13
and the block 101 time 19:41:25

is this normal on a blockchain?

Im learning.
Activity: 90
hey,
what about asking Tina Hui to talk short about Mintcoin!!?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4qnQNslVSts&list=UUX5KnsZhW27r42TzJDlIQfA

She is kind of fun and has a lot of followers!
Thanks but still that's a lot of text for someone to read and understand who just wants to use mint coins to buy stuff.

I think the wallet should be as clean and simple possible for mintcoin to reach mass adoption, that said coin control could be an option activated only through the settings menu. it's a cool feature!

I've not yet looked at this beta implementation, but coin control is an activated expert feature on every wallet equipped with it I've seen to date. If reading a couple paragraphs to increase their chance of staking and lower tx fees on micro payments is too much effort for someone then they need do nothing and they'd never even know coin control was available.

Even the ultra conservative bitcoin devs are finally caving and stopping with the lowest common denominator one size fits all thinking...finally. Coin control is a must for a pos coin imo.

If that's the case and it's optional in the wallet settings then thats great. It should be simple enough for joe 6pack and advanced enough for the more demanding coin nerd.

legendary
Activity: 1457
Merit: 1001
wouldn't minting on the android wallet consume battery life?
If you release that at least provide instructions and/or a manual on how to use it. I think it might be to complex for >50% of users.

http://wiki.hobonickels.info/index.php?title=Coin_Control

Activity: 90
Vault of Satoshi Reddit AMA now LIVE! Stop by and ask questions, and make sure to donate some Mint for the Canadian Cancer Society!

http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/22j165/we_are_adam_mike_ryan_angelo_and_ken_of_vault_of/

Good cause and good exchange, please donate Smiley

Yeah! just donated 20000 Mint
Activity: 269
Parsec Frontiers Pre-Sale 24.01.2018
I think a MINT price ticker on the wallet would be nice. Maybe even one of those "MINT to BTC" conversion windows if you can get BTC info too.

Would love a happy "DING!" sound or something when it minted (with an "off" function should it annoy some people). That would be fun.

I think wallets should be fun. Imagine if Doggycoin does it first. Everyone will be talking about how great Doggycoin is for innovating simple, fun features.

I think "MINT" has a great marketing image, which really helps make the wallet attractive. Can't wait to see how it gets picked up and used.

I will probably make some more "MINT" amateur promo ads. =)

(Edit:My son has been asking to do another one too, because I am paying rewarding him in Ice Cream.)
Vault of Satoshi Reddit AMA now LIVE! Stop by and ask questions, and make sure to donate some Mint for the Canadian Cancer Society!

http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/22j165/we_are_adam_mike_ryan_angelo_and_ken_of_vault_of/

Good cause and good exchange, please donate Smiley
If you release that at least provide instructions and/or a manual on how to use it. I think it might be to complex for >50% of users.

http://wiki.hobonickels.info/index.php?title=Coin_Control
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
Why would integrating a wallet feature create a hard fork? Wallet Control is not part of the algorithm of the coin. HBN was not hard forked for the wallet feature, Tranz added wallet control to newer HBN wallets. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Kergekoin?

Correct. Bitcoin 0.9 also has coin control now. From merge requests i can not see anything which would require hard forking.

Nice! So are you going to do it? I think the community and dev would embrace.

I just finished it and made pull request. It works just beautifully with my Windows wallet, but likely some testing is needed for linux and mac.

If you want to use it before officially confirmed:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ibwj1p88q340tg9/Mintcoin%20with%20CC.zip
Default disclaimer: Im not responsible if you damage your wallet.dat with it. Please be sure you have a backup before overwriting!

Awesome! I'm gonna use it on my test computer! Thanks  Smiley  Edit-Test wallet...I don't have a test computer,lol

Guys\Gals Drop by Vault of Satoshi Reddit AMA(ask me anything) and donate some Mint for cancer research. What a great way to show we care! I've donated 10,000...every little bit helps!

Jump to: