Author

Topic: [ANN] [MINT] Mintcoin (POS / 5%) [NO ICO] [Fair distro, community maintained] - page 420. (Read 1369778 times)

Activity: 434
Merit: 250
Remember to donate to the marketing initiative and we can get some marketing going to the masses.

This will be the best way to naturally and organically move the price of Mintcoin up.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.6063126
Activity: 205
Merit: 10
Check out Mintcoin online marketplace, Mintbay. You can buy games and GPUs with mintcoins \o/!
Excelent!! Tks
Activity: 11
Merit: 0
Check out Mintcoin online marketplace, Mintbay. You can buy games and GPUs with mintcoins \o/!
legendary
Activity: 1120
Merit: 1003
twet.ch/inv/62d7ae96
I'm not sure why more people are interested in Blackcoin over Mint? Someone tell me please, is it the 0% Premine? Since my time here, I've noticed the devs are very committed and hard at work at making this a good coin, yet Blackcoin is getting 1000 BTC volume everyday while we are getting less than 50. BTW, i fully support mint just bought 1 mill more because i think this coin has a good future.

It's not that people are more interested in BC than Mint, it's got a lot to do with "Market Manipulation". If you look (and watch) the BC market for any given amount of time, you will see that the total BTC traded may be a high number, but it is actually a deceiving number.

For example:

I have .05 BTC and I buy X BC with that, then I place a sell order at a 50 to 75 Satoshi higher price than I payed. Once they sell I again buy X amount of BC for less than I just sole for, and then again sell for 50 to 75 Satoshi gain per BC.

Each one of those trades (buy and sell) are recorded as BTC volume, which

is actually inflating the real amount of BTC being traded. You can also look at the amount of each trade (buy and sell) and see that there are very few orders that are above 0.05 BTC.

People are using BC as a means to pump the value to en inflated price to earn fast money, just like many of the other altcoins.

Don't look at the markets to see how popular Mint is, look at the community and the things being done in the community to further the viability and acceptance of Mintcoin as a TRUE Crypto Currency.

That makes a healthy market with high liquidity.  It's what you want in a coin!  I hope mint gets more liquidity soon/
Activity: 230
Merit: 100
Well, things seem to be moving along nicely now, there have been a few community contributions added to the bounties since I first posted it. Here's a new breakdown of them:

Here's the outline of the graduated bounties from the Developer:

1: Basic Android Wallet for Phone and Tablets         5,000,000 Mintcoins
2: PoS Coin Minting Feature                                    3,500,000 Mintcoins
3: Battery Management Feature                               1,500,000 Mintcoins

Here's the community donations so far:

stormia donated 200,000 Mintcoins (125,000 for basic wallet 50,000 for Minting Feature 25,000 for Battery Feature)
Jeff Jefferson donated 300,000  Mintcoins (100,000 for basic wallet 150,000 for Minting Feature 50,000 for Battery Feature)
moderndezigns donated 250,000 Mintcoins (150,000 or basic wallet 50,000 for Minting Feature and 50,000 for Battery Feature)
WALKEN-COIN donated 100,000 Mintcoins towards the basic wallet
mgburks77 donated 500,000 Mintcoins towards the added features (250,000 for Minting Feature and 250,000 for Battery Feature)
zuepfi11 donated 300,000 Mintcoins (100,000 for basic wallet 100,000 for Minting Feature 100,000 for Battery Feature)

So total bounties so far are:

1: Basic Android Wallet for Phone and Tablets         5,575,000 Mintcoins
2: PoS Coin Minting Feature                                    4,100,000 Mintcoins
3: Battery Management Feature                               1,975,000 Mintcoins

Thanks for the donations so far, and thanks go out to the people that are currently working on the wallet. As more donations come in, and more news of the progress of the wallet is made, I'll post here for everyone to read.

The total Bounties so far are 11,650,000 Mintcoins with 1,650,000 coming from great people of this community as pledged donations.
Activity: 230
I'm not sure why more people are interested in Blackcoin over Mint? Someone tell me please, is it the 0% Premine? Since my time here, I've noticed the devs are very committed and hard at work at making this a good coin, yet Blackcoin is getting 1000 BTC volume everyday while we are getting less than 50. BTW, i fully support mint just bought 1 mill more because i think this coin has a good future.

It's not that people are more interested in BC than Mint, it's got a lot to do with "Market Manipulation". If you look (and watch) the BC market for any given amount of time, you will see that the total BTC traded may be a high number, but it is actually a deceiving number.

For example:

I have .05 BTC and I buy X BC with that, then I place a sell order at a 50 to 75 Satoshi higher price than I payed. Once they sell I again buy X amount of BC for less than I just sole for, and then again sell for 50 to 75 Satoshi gain per BC.

Each one of those trades (buy and sell) are recorded as BTC volume, which is actually inflating the real amount of BTC being traded. You can also look at the amount of each trade (buy and sell) and see that there are very few orders that are above 0.05 BTC.

People are using BC as a means to pump the value to en inflated price to earn fast money, just like many of the other altcoins.

Don't look at the markets to see how popular Mint is, look at the community and the things being done in the community to further the viability and acceptance of Mintcoin as a TRUE Crypto Currency.
Activity: 490
Merit: 250
Activity: 210
We are approaching 1 week since payouts in MINT were implemented on http://hashco.ws  While I appreciate the new miners who have given us a shot and 'mined' some mint, the uptake isn't quite what I'd hoped for.  In an effort to try and get things going, I received a total of 1,850,000 mint in bounties for implementation.  If we can reach 300Mh/s in new hashrate that gets paid out in mint, and maintain it for at least 5 days, I'll give away all of it to random miners in the form of 3 prizes; 1mil, 600k, 250k.  (personal hashrate will play no bearing on the prize winners, 10Mh/s or 300Kh/s, you'll have the same chance of winning).

I'll post updates here on hashrate status if warranted. 

Happy Mining.

Just a reminder. This is one of the best run multi pools out there: http://poolpicker.eu/ With all the developments going on, Mint won't stay at this price point long. Better get it while you can!
Activity: 210
Only 7-8 hours til pure pos. Exiting  Grin
Activity: 56
Understand what this mintcoin,the   team very hard work。It would become famous  cion  for  the   coins。

I agree everyone's working real hard with ambitious plans for the future. Mintcoin is going to be Famous
Activity: 88
Merit: 10
luck
Understand what this mintcoin,the   team very hard work。It would become famous  cion  for  the   coins。
legendary
Activity: 1064
Merit: 1002
Hello,

I would like to inform Mintcoin users that Cryptsy updated our wallet earlier today. Thank you for contacting us.

Happy trading!
Activity: 19
@Beaverslayer
I'm planning on starting a github fork of bitcoinj or digibytej in the weekend for a base of the android wallet. I think I digged deep enough in the mintcoin C++ codebase to make this conversion. Once the library is done, rest is just UI, and can be forked from any coin wallet.

I'll start the project on github, and will provide write access to the repo for interested parties. I want all the changes of mint from bitcoinj or digibytej to be recorded in github, so it will be easy to merge upstream changes later. (As far as I can see, digibytej started as a brand new project, and uploaded bitcoinj + their changes in a single commit, which makes it hard to keep track of what they changed)

I haven't tested any coin's android wallets myself, if there are differences in look & feel of them, I'll be happy to know.

Still, if anyone already started this, please don't stop development Smiley This message is just FYI, not a commitment yet.

@Beaverslayer and @paspi.

I'm also cloning bitcoinj to start with the whole wallet thing. Wish me luck.

@everyone, I'll keep you informed on the progress.
Activity: 453
Merit: 261
Look Morty magic internet money
Well, things seem to be moving along nicely now, there have been a few community contributions added to the bounties since I first posted it. Here's a new breakdown of them:

Here's the outline of the graduated bounties from the Developer:

1: Basic Android Wallet for Phone and Tablets         5,000,000 Mintcoins
2: PoS Coin Minting Feature                                    3,500,000 Mintcoins
3: Battery Management Feature                               1,500,000 Mintcoins

Here's the community donations so far:

stormia donated 200,000 Mintcoins (125,000 for basic wallet 50,000 for Minting Feature 25,000 for Battery Feature)
Jeff Jefferson donated 300,000  Mintcoins (100,000 for basic wallet 150,000 for Minting Feature 50,000 for Battery Feature)

So total bounties so far are:

1: Basic Android Wallet for Phone and Tablets         5,225,000 Mintcoins
2: PoS Coin Minting Feature                                    3,700,000 Mintcoins
3: Battery Management Feature                               1,575,000 Mintcoins

Thanks for the donations so far, and thanks go out to the people that are currently working on the wallet. As more donations come in, and more news of the progress of the wallet is made, I'll post here for everyone to read.

For anyone who wants to pledge Mintcoins towards these bounties, Please PM me the amount of the pledge as well as which bounties you want to donate to. This is for logistical reasons, so I don't have to scroll through pages upon pages of forum posts to confirm whats been pledged and to where.

Thanks

I will olso donate 500000 mint i will pm you tommorow when I have access to my mint. Keep up the good work, great seeing that this coin is still developping. We should all donate to the people who can actually do something, this will benefit us all.
Activity: 1036
Merit: 606
i3 2330M win7 laptop here

1.7 wallet jumps from 5% to 9%.
also synchronising an mrc wallet now, it goes up to 21%

Weird, same CPU but I am running Windows 8, oh well.
Try upgrading to Windows 8.1 Update 1, it lowers the OS memory requirements to half of the Windows 8.1 requirement, just 1 GB minimum. It will be available through Windows Update on April 8th. It's also available for MSDN or Technet subscribers.

https://www.computerworld.com/s/article/9247392/Microsoft_slates_April_8_release_of_Windows_8.1_Update
Activity: 770
Merit: 500

Weird, same CPU but I am running Windows 8, oh well.
Activity: 546
PGP 9CB0902E

Activity: 770
The 1.7 wallet uses 27% CPU usage not minting or syncing, my other wallets use about 8% CPU usage. The cpu usage for the mint wallet seems high.

might have something to do with removing PoW, do you have a BC wallet and if so what is it's CPU usage?

It also depends on the type of CPU you have, I should of stated it is an intel Core i3-2330M. My wallets on my gaming rig use 0% CPU.
No BTC wallet on my laptop.
Activity: 613
Mintcoin: Get some
The 1.7 wallet uses 27% CPU usage not minting or syncing, my other wallets use about 8% CPU usage. The cpu usage for the mint wallet seems high.
My cpu usage says 0%.

EDIT: I think it slowly drops the longer you continue to have it open.
Jump to: