Author

Topic: [ANN] [MINT] Mintcoin (POS / 5%) [NO ICO] [Fair distro, community maintained] - page 422. (Read 1369778 times)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0
@Beaverslayer
I'm planning on starting a github fork of bitcoinj or digibytej in the weekend for a base of the android wallet. I think I digged deep enough in the mintcoin C++ codebase to make this conversion. Once the library is done, rest is just UI, and can be forked from any coin wallet.

I'll start the project on github, and will provide write access to the repo for interested parties. I want all the changes of mint from bitcoinj or digibytej to be recorded in github, so it will be easy to merge upstream changes later. (As far as I can see, digibytej started as a brand new project, and uploaded bitcoinj + their changes in a single commit, which makes it hard to keep track of what they changed)

I haven't tested any coin's android wallets myself, if there are differences in look & feel of them, I'll be happy to know.

Still, if anyone already started this, please don't stop development Smiley This message is just FYI, not a commitment yet.

why not fork off hash engineering digitalcoinj he implements alot of stuff into once class for easier porting of coins

I did quite a bit of reading on Hash Engineering last night, and it seems like they are currently involved with 3 to 5 other wallets and are not taking on anything new for the time being.

If they are interested, they are more than welcome to participate the same as the others that have said they will be working on it.

Yah he is to busy I was just saying he is interested in pos coins for android and his git repo seems like it is easy to fork for other coins why start straight from the bitcoinj because then we also have to figure our how to get the mbtc out. when he has already done most of the work as far as bringing most of the variables to one class like total coins genisis block block size blah blah blah. However peercoin does have a fork of the myceluim wallet that interests me. But seems like it is still in heavy development.  Sorry about spelling and grammer mining on this computer and being so slow lol.
Activity: 230
Merit: 100
Well, things seem to be moving along nicely now, there have been a few community contributions added to the bounties since I first posted it. Here's a new breakdown of them:

Here's the outline of the graduated bounties from the Developer:

1: Basic Android Wallet for Phone and Tablets         5,000,000 Mintcoins
2: PoS Coin Minting Feature                                    3,500,000 Mintcoins
3: Battery Management Feature                               1,500,000 Mintcoins

Here's the community donations so far:

stormia donated 200,000 Mintcoins (125,000 for basic wallet 50,000 for Minting Feature 25,000 for Battery Feature)
Jeff Jefferson donated 300,000  Mintcoins (100,000 for basic wallet 150,000 for Minting Feature 50,000 for Battery Feature)

So total bounties so far are:

1: Basic Android Wallet for Phone and Tablets         5,225,000 Mintcoins
2: PoS Coin Minting Feature                                    3,700,000 Mintcoins
3: Battery Management Feature                               1,575,000 Mintcoins

Thanks for the donations so far, and thanks go out to the people that are currently working on the wallet. As more donations come in, and more news of the progress of the wallet is made, I'll post here for everyone to read.

For anyone who wants to pledge Mintcoins towards these bounties, Please PM me the amount of the pledge as well as which bounties you want to donate to. This is for logistical reasons, so I don't have to scroll through pages upon pages of forum posts to confirm whats been pledged and to where.

Thanks
@Beaverslayer
I'm planning on starting a github fork of bitcoinj or digibytej in the weekend for a base of the android wallet. I think I digged deep enough in the mintcoin C++ codebase to make this conversion. Once the library is done, rest is just UI, and can be forked from any coin wallet.

I'll start the project on github, and will provide write access to the repo for interested parties. I want all the changes of mint from bitcoinj or digibytej to be recorded in github, so it will be easy to merge upstream changes later. (As far as I can see, digibytej started as a brand new project, and uploaded bitcoinj + their changes in a single commit, which makes it hard to keep track of what they changed)

I haven't tested any coin's android wallets myself, if there are differences in look & feel of them, I'll be happy to know.

Still, if anyone already started this, please don't stop development Smiley This message is just FYI, not a commitment yet.

why not fork off hash engineering digitalcoinj he implements alot of stuff into once class for easier porting of coins

I did quite a bit of reading on Hash Engineering last night, and it seems like they are currently involved with 3 to 5 other wallets and are not taking on anything new for the time being.

If they are interested, they are more than welcome to participate the same as the others that have said they will be working on it.
@Beaverslayer

Activity: 434
Merit: 250
When do you guys think Mintcoin will reach $0.01?

Will it be August 01, 2014?

Will it be September 01, 2014?

Will it be December 01, 2014?

Will it be March 01, 2015?
Here is a little lesson on some issues with building a android wallet
Bitcoin wallet uses spv (simple payment verification)
      a. bitcoinj is a java implementation of this
     b. This allows multiple clients to Download header only files of the block chain.
Currently there is no implementation for pos coins to do this
a. The Blocks that are created threw pos and pow are different and this information is not stored in the block header.

1. Not sure how this works now that mint is pure pos
            2. the app needs this information to work so this is a large bridge to cross
Hash engineering digitalcoin and digitalcoinj great repo to fork for wallet a. PROS
  1. He implements multiple variables into one class for easy porting of the code

2. He has not implemented pos coins but he is very interested in the process.
b. Cons
  1. currently pow only
   2. Alot of coding required the cpp to be rewritten in java
I have been combing threw cpp code of mint coin and let me tell you the main.cpp between mint coin and bit coin for pos vs pow coin is very different. This will be a lot of work or maybe very easy work for smart person.
My Views:
Yes there is a nice bounty on wallet but I think we need a small development team I am willing to be a part of. Bounty will be split If the team completes app.
Set up a donation address There are plenty of people who would donate mint to make this happen. It would be a nice incentive for developers to know there getting payed a little bit for work they do. If people donate and developers are contributing they should be tipped as there going along. This will allow more motivation and stronger community support.
Activity: 56
Well, things seem to be moving along nicely now, there have been a few community contributions added to the bounties since I first posted it. Here's a new breakdown of them:

2: PoS Coin Minting Feature                                    3,500,000 Mintcoins

stormia donated 200,000 Mintcoins (125,000 for basic wallet 50,000 for Minting Feature 25,000 for Battery Feature)
Jeff Jefferson donated 300,000  Mintcoins (100,000 for basic wallet 150,000 for Minting Feature 50,000 for Battery Feature)

2: PoS Coin Minting Feature                                    3,700,000 Mintcoins

Thanks for the donations so far, and thanks go out to the people that are currently working on the wallet. As more donations come in, and more news of the progress of the wallet is made, I'll post here for everyone to read.

I will still be donating the 250K Mintcoins and just go ahead and divide it how you see fit. Also I think everyone needs to be thinking towards the future in other ways such as working together on marketing strategies. I will donate towards marketing as well because along with the android wallet I believe that will give Mintcoin a huge boost
Activity: 210
Thanks, i think i try mintbay Smiley
Activity: 364
Activity: 364
who is beaverslayer1.

I am, the beaverslayer1 is actually my reddit name...

can you update us better then mr1quicky did? thanks

Well, I am not the one building the wallet, I'm the one the wallet builders have to keep in contact with and deliver the wallet to to collect the said bounties.

But all that aside, as soon as anything new arises, this will be the first place I'll post to. Each day I will also update the amount of the bounties as more people donate to the cause.

so mr1quicky still at it, or other devs.

So far no one has contacted me in regards to building the wallet, but I suspect that will change soon.

As I said in the OP, it would most likely get done sooner if more than one person worked on it, and a few people got together as a team to each work on the three different aspects required for the full bounties, as well as the best Android wallet available.

I will contribute my previous 500K MINT bounty for an android wallet that mints. So add my contribution to the minting bounty only please.

I feel that is an critical component of the wallet. The ability to mine without special farms or equipment is going to bring the elements of decentralized production and the network effect generated thusly back into the cryptocurrency game and catapult the whoever does it first to the top of the market.

This means this is a shot to outcompete btc, much less other alt coins. This window of opportunity will close rapidly.

Any1 know where i can sell a GPU for Mint?

You could try http://mintbay.net/ and set up an auction for it.

Any1 know where i can sell a GPU for Mint?
@Beaverslayer

This is great Paspi, glad your looking into it. when you submit anything ti Github could you please post a link here so that others are able to access it?
Activity: 273
Mintcoin 1.7 for Ubuntu is available! To upgrade existing installation:
or new installation:
Code:
installation code

I get this message on a kde64 platform
Code:
error code

any ideas?

I think you're using Ubuntu Raring. Service life of Raring is over, so launchpad doesn't allow me to upload packages for it.

If you apply these steps (2 & 3), it was reported to work :

Code:
Solution

This worked, mintcoin is installed and running, but uses 99% CPU, this is normal?
and also, this question might sound noobish, sorry, its because it is: mintcoind command starts the wallet in the background, but how
do i start the gui?

Thanks in advance
Activity: 307
Merit: 252
@Beaverslayer

it's really awesome that you want to give it a shot. i believe you can do it!

i've tested the dogecoin wallet which you can download here https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=de.langerhans.wallet

i think its really nice and simple. people on play store also like it. here is the github for it https://github.com/langerhans/dogecoinj-new

if something goes wrong or there are problems maybe we could just contact the developer and ask whether he's interested in making a MINTCOIN wallet?! he already has a bitcoin wallet so maybe a mintcoin port is possible.

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000
For everything regarding the Android wallet, refer to Beaverslayer1 from now on. He will give more info soon and handle the project.

Well, I have been in contact with the Mintcoin developer and discussed the Android Wallet issue with him as we all know this project has to not only get off the ground and implemented ASAP to further the advancements of Mintcoin.

A bounty for this project has been established and is outlined in the following requirements. Seeing as the bounty is a graduated bounty, it may be advisable that a few of you that have mentioned you are willing/capable of doing such work, maybe work together on different parts of the wallet.

The one thing that has been discussed openly here in the forum, is whether the wallet is open source or proprietary, the only wallet that is eligible for the bounties MUST BE OPEN SOURCE. The reasoning for this, is that all crypto currencies are based on the open source concept as this gives greater freedom to the general public to be able to “Customize” any part of the software to their own individual liking. It also allows the ease of bug fixes to be looked at, fixed and implemented faster as you're not waiting on one single source to fix the problem.

Here's the outline of the graduated bounties:

1: Basic Android Wallet for Phone and Tablets         5,000,000 Mintcoins
2: PoS Coin Minting Feature               3,500,000 Mintcoins
3: Battery Management Feature                   1,500,000 Mintcoins

There have been some of you that have expressed interest in donating extra funds to this project, should you still be interested, please contact me via PM and express your desire and amount of donation.

This is great! Lets see how much we can raise on top of this as a community.
Activity: 672
Merit: 500
Banned: For Your Protection
hmmmmmm,mintcoin faked too
Jump to: