Author

Topic: [ANN] [MINT] Mintcoin (POS / 5%) [NO ICO] [Fair distro, community maintained] - page 440. (Read 1369778 times)

Activity: 126
Merit: 100
Join the 51% attack!  Grin

Some will be disappointed that it's not what they thought: it's a new merchant accepting your MintCoins!  Grin
LOL
Uuuhhh, no they don't accept Mintcoins. I just tried to buy a T-Shirt  Sad
Activity: 106
Merit: 10
So, MINT is kinda weak right now and it's probably a good time to strike. Hypothetically, let's say a whale with a lot of MINT and BTC wanted to destroy MINT, what would he have to do? I don't think it is as simple as just dumping MINT into the ground, is it? If the whale were to buy up some BC, then dump on MINT, would that mean the MINT bagholders will drop their holdings and maybe move into BC, thereby pushing BC to the moon? I'm getting the feeling that BC is superior to MINT because we have a better community and better dev, rat4, who looks for problems to fix, whether it benefits BC or not.
Activity: 364
Merit: 250
i would strongly advise to do a full blown attack to see if it can be destroyed ( testnet? ).

if it happens. then you all would be saying:

oops. we should have listened.

and even more pressure on mints devs.

i think it is at least interesting to see that there were no pos blocks during that time.

1 hour is not normal.

Agreed.

so why pressure devs?
to get payment?

not going to happen
i would strongly advise to do a full blown attack to see if it can be destroyed ( testnet? ).

i think it is at least interesting to see that there were no pos blocks during that time.

1 hour is not normal.

Agreed.

Agreed, I've been saying this all day, get on with it already
Activity: 210
Mint will be added to Vault of Satoshi this month and the exchange just got better: http://newsbtc.com/2014/04/02/vault-satoshi-launches-coin-coin-trading/

Also, I'm 30,000 mint short of my goal of 2 Mil...Please send donations to the address below. I'm only joking if you think this request is ridiculous Cheesy.

you are wrong you are 20.000 only.

Grin Thanks for the MINT!!
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
Mint will be added to Vault of Satoshi this month and the exchange just got better: http://newsbtc.com/2014/04/02/vault-satoshi-launches-coin-coin-trading/

Also, I'm 30,000 mint short of my goal of 2 Mil...Please send donations to the address below. I'm only joking if you think this request is ridiculous Cheesy.

you are wrong you are 20.000 only.

1 hour is not normal.

Agreed.
Activity: 133
Merit: 11

1 hour is not normal.

Obvious troll is obvious  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
Activity: 322
also

there will be no payments made to the BC devs, so forget about that shit

Why the hell did you think would BC dev want to do that? As revenge for bashing against them?

I don't think that all ppl has go so low and destroying MINT wouldn't help BC.

I'm holding also MINT, and many other BC holders too.
Mint

Antifragile-it's secure
PoW/PoS hybrid technology-it's green
Android Wallet-mint anywhere on your tablet or mobile device-it's convenient

that's why they want to kill mint, but it's NEVER going to happen

the community is too strong, the technology is too strong- To the moon!

Activity: 224
i dont care even the slightest bit partyhard. stick head in sand.
Activity: 126
Turds and Trolls I'm Ignoring

1. ManOnTheMoon
2. GingerMod
3. thisisit
4. mr_random
Took philipvdlinde off my personal ignore list for now. Just sayin'.
legendary
Activity: 980
Merit: 1004

Some will be disappointed that it's not what they thought: it's a new merchant accepting your MintCoins!  Grin

Somebody should try to double spend some mint there.
looks like merchant sites are launched by mintcoin devs themself and are all wordpress sites?

so what value do these merchants have? none imho
Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

+1. Lol is it named that and released today just by coincidence or was that planned? Also, any official word on what's been going on?

1 hour is not normal.

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000
You guys here make more Blackcoin PR as you think here.

All those bashing makes you look like being jealous, focus should be on MINT not on BC here or not?

Agree completely. Like they say "all press is good press". Too many trolls lately talking about random coins in other coins ann threads.

That's funny since the people that continue talking about other coins are the loudest supporters of this coin in this thread.

Atleast we've finally acknowledged there is somewhat of a threat.

I asked a prominent figure of this community why he liked mint so much and he told me it was because he liked the community.  I came here to get a fix in place before something malicious could happen.  Since then it's been attack after attack after attack.  Someone mentioned how new mint investors would be wary of this coin, don't forget about current members of the community.

I'm heading back to lurker mode, i will answer any PM's if anyone wants to ask me any questions.

Don't get the wrong idea about the community, it is only a few who are behaving defensively and the behavior is more than a little provoked by the trolling of some members of a different community.
Activity: 325

Activity: 42
Merit: 0
I've just noticed something while going over the block chain.

First of all, the attack was really just from 203231 to 203405 before it started to be interrupted by even more PoS blocks:
http://mintcoin-explorer.info/chain/MintCoin?hi=203233&count=50
http://mintcoin-explorer.info/chain/MintCoin?hi=203433&count=50

Secondly, even within this period, there are still some PoS blocks that occur:
https://i.imgur.com/LydCerH.png

Most importantly of all. Through the ENTIRE attack period, not a single transaction was confirmed by one of the PoW blocks (aside from the PoW blocks producing their 1 MINT). The only transaction confirmations were done by the few PoS blocks which interrupted. How is this possible? There are way, way more PoW blocks, but none of them confirmed transactions over an entire hour? Is that because PoW blocks cannot confirm transaction during this "attack"? If so, then this "attack" cannot be used to double spend or do any real damage. Right?

So it's even worse than we thought. The entire network was frozen with no confirmations, and that was only carried out by the first stage of the attack.

Game over.

No it's even better than we thought!  If you investigate the block chain and understand how POW/POS works you will realize that Mintcoin has just survived the worst possible attack. Mintcoin is anti-fragile even more so than bitcoin. You clearly don't understand what anti-fragile means and I certainly wouldn't trust any of the FUD that your smearing with a grain of salt.

This has been my position since the beggining, the shot to death and we survived, not a glintch, not a fork
Whe are anti-fragile coin, we shure can improve security, and thanks to the attack mint will be stronger than never.
Jump to: