Author

Topic: [ANN] [MINT] Mintcoin (POS / 5%) [NO ICO] [Fair distro, community maintained] - page 438. (Read 1369778 times)

Activity: 224
Merit: 100
always test. +1 million

and yes, smart move to copy bc's lead to remove pow.
legendary
Activity: 1344
Merit: 1001
I actually wondered why they left POW in to begin with. Since the block reward is only 1 coin I can't imagine anyone doing POW??

That's just cos they didn't know what they were doing and thought it would bring enhanced protection of the blockchain (I guess a reasonable enough assumption if someone isn't familiar with code and just forked peercoin from github without understanding it). But it actually weakened the blockchain.

I think it's a smart move to follow Blackcoin's lead and copy the pure proof of stake approach.

Whether the Mintcoin knows how to handle a pure proof of stake coin, that is a separate matter. You'll see what I mean by that.
Activity: 210
ehm... i certainly do hope they test it on a testnet first.
It seems like a very easy fix....
ehm... i certainly do hope they test it on a testnet first.
Activity: 95
Merit: 10
I actually wondered why they left POW in to begin with. Since the block reward is only 1 coin I can't imagine anyone doing POW??

Leave should be give
Or have more choice
Better place
 Grin Grin
Activity: 868
Merit: 1000
See everybody, things are going to be just fine. Stay calm, be patient. Lets start returning focus to important future developments such as:
Mintcoin Foundation
Android wallet
PR and advertising
Join the 51% attack!  Grin

Some will be disappointed that it's not what they thought: it's a new merchant accepting your MintCoins!  Grin

really?

I'm not laughing. Im a MINT fan always has been. i have 1 post in bc thread. i think the top people of MINT should be professal and address concerns to the commuinty. it would be nice to hear from a mint dev.

not, were looking into. a simple. people please dont panic we see an issue and heres what were working on.

por, a dev saying we looked at it and found nothing to worry about, but we have looking futher into this and make 100% were right

Relax, the guy is a jokester, but not an idiot. If something needs fixed it will be fixed.
Activity: 364
Merit: 250

Some will be disappointed that it's not what they thought: it's a new merchant accepting your MintCoins!  Grin

really?

I'm not laughing. Im a MINT fan always has been. i have 1 post in bc thread. i think the top people of MINT should be professal and address concerns to the commuinty. it would be nice to hear from a mint dev.

not, were looking into. a simple. people please dont panic we see an issue and heres what were working on.

por, a dev saying we looked at it and found nothing to worry about, but we have looking futher into this and make 100% were right

we've already heard from the mint dev, if you want to panic after that go ahead that's your business.
Activity: 182
Activity: 322
So, MINT is kinda weak right now and it's probably a good time to strike. Hypothetically, let's say a whale with a lot of MINT and BTC wanted to destroy MINT, what would he have to do? I don't think it is as simple as just dumping MINT into the ground, is it? If the whale were to buy up some BC, then dump on MINT, would that mean the MINT bagholders will drop their holdings and maybe move into BC, thereby pushing BC to the moon? I'm getting the feeling that BC is superior to MINT because we have a better community and better dev, rat4, who looks for problems to fix, whether it benefits BC or not.
"who looks for problems to fix, whether it benefits BC or not."
I think he was expecting, or at least many within the BC community were hoping, that exposing this would have driven BC up. Why is BC being dumped right now? Something we don't know about?
BC went up in price. 24 hour volume reached 7,405 satoshis. It has only dropped a little, by about 14%. MINT has dropped by about 25%.

Is this security issue with hybrids gonna be a problem?

If it is a problem, then I don't see why it can't be fixed. Just need people to work together and be patient.

don't give them the benefit of the doubt. these guys aren't trying to work with you dude, they are liars. Let them prove otherwise with a successful attack

Yep there will be no attack, I guess the devs have to remove PoW before from Mint.
Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

really?

Activity: 686
Merit: 503
LOL Dementia is at an all time High! Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin ...  Its never a good thing to throw mud at people that were trying to help with good intentions.  It was not the job of BC developers to be pointing out nothing to mint Dev but if they did it, it most of been in good faith cause if not they could of kept it quite for the coin to fail or left with the security hole. It's time for this community to chill, you have a great coin but is not a good thing to be attacking other communities. Focus on your coin, the good, correct the issues and move on. Seems like now this hybrid coin will have to go POS.
seems they are fixing. why fix it if it aint broke. apparently they will remove pow completely.

https://github.com/mintcoinproject/mintcoin/commit/dad79713d4172a569238de1b736abfbf307acfbd

enter at 220000
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
thisisit and others like him/her just post stuff to get people to reply to them, get a rise out of people, and maybe benefit themselves in some way by making people question the value of Mintcoins so they'll dump their coins. But really, mostly, it's because they want to get people all pissed off. It's how they get their rocks off. That's all. Just ignore and move on.  Not worth even reading their garbage. Not worth trying to prove them wrong. I have them ignored in the forum so I don't even see their baloney - saves a bunch of time!

Next please.

Ok thanks for the advice I appreciate it
So, MINT is kinda weak right now and it's probably a good time to strike. Hypothetically, let's say a whale with a lot of MINT and BTC wanted to destroy MINT, what would he have to do? I don't think it is as simple as just dumping MINT into the ground, is it? If the whale were to buy up some BC, then dump on MINT, would that mean the MINT bagholders will drop their holdings and maybe move into BC, thereby pushing BC to the moon? I'm getting the feeling that BC is superior to MINT because we have a better community and better dev, rat4, who looks for problems to fix, whether it benefits BC or not.
I think he was expecting, or at least many within the BC community were hoping, that exposing this would have driven BC up. Why is BC being dumped right now? Something we don't know about?
BC went up in price. 24 hour volume reached 7,405 satoshis. It has only dropped a little, by about 14%. MINT has dropped by about 25%.

Have you turned into a troll? Do you like Bon Jovi too much?

MINT stagnates too much. It drops and stays. BC has gone up more so with less stagnation. Leave Bon Jovi out of this.

Bon Jovi.

Jk. You are welcome to your opinion.
Activity: 364

If it is a problem, then I don't see why it can't be fixed. Just need people to work together and be patient.

don't give them the benefit of the doubt. these guys aren't trying to work with you dude, they are liars. Let them prove otherwise with a successful attack

Activity: 322
MINT coin easily resisted the attack, ergo the FUD/butthurt

LOL, I don't get it. What do you want to achieve with your posts?

Cheaper Mintcoins to buy or cheaper Blackcoins?

Activity: 126
thisisit and others like him/her just post stuff to get people to reply to them, get a rise out of people, and maybe benefit themselves in some way by making people question the value of Mintcoins so they'll dump their coins. But really, mostly, it's because they want to get people all pissed off. It's how they get their rocks off. That's all. Just ignore and move on.  Not worth even reading their garbage. Not worth trying to prove them wrong. I have them ignored in the forum so I don't even see their baloney - saves a bunch of time!

Next please.
Activity: 56
Well good luck Geode with your new endeavor Please research everything before jumping head first into something though. As well as researching what the coin even is or what the plans are besides just a pump and selling the insamined coins
Activity: 42
I just made the second operation Mint -> FIAT/Bolivares  in Venezuela.

I feel so proud!

And just needed that money to pay my Credit cards! jejejeje

500.000 Mint for 2.100 Bsf.

0,0042 Bsf/mint

Bringing Mint even to the ones that doesnt have access to convertible currencies!
Jump to: