Author

Topic: [ANN] [MINT] Mintcoin (POS / 5%) [NO ICO] [Fair distro, community maintained] - page 435. (Read 1369778 times)

Activity: 364
Merit: 250
i hope this will be a turning point and we will all be gentleman to each other  Smiley
+1. Me too. Thank you rat4 and Soepkip, it is greatly appreciated. And thank you mintcoindev for responding appropriately and fixing the issue.
+1 me too, thanks.

No problem. We felt it was the right thing to do. #behonestincrypto is important for us!

If you want to thank us with some Mint:

MmXFCnKPh9jCqXfmFAGgs4W979PuQUzRpC

I'll share everything with rat4 Smiley

Sending 43,629 MINT right now!
Activity: 868
Merit: 1000
wow, just opened my 1.7 wallet, went to mint faucet, click send me coins, got it in my wallet 10 seconds later. im impressed
legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 1199
Well problem solved, everybody update your mint wallet, download at mintcoin.cc

Thanks for sharing.

This is god that 1.7 is released! I hope many bugs were fixed!
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
i hope this will be a turning point and we will all be gentleman to each other  Smiley
+1. Me too. Thank you rat4 and Soepkip, it is greatly appreciated. And thank you mintcoindev for responding appropriately and fixing the issue.
+1 me too, thanks.

No problem. We felt it was the right thing to do. #behonestincrypto is important for us!

+11,000 Mint heading your way.

+10.000 Mint to you.
+1 me too, thanks.

+11,000 Mint heading your way.
Activity: 826
see my profile
I had no doubt, still it's always good to know,
here's 49 virus checks for MintCoin17.zip that I downloaded from
https://mega.co.nz/#!YI4DETrC!0Cy_PFqWkLF52Ic_Hoo-5v_oyUGWa2R4dcIvlX1S2H0

-->
https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/fe10658760cfba04f6fa7d16d5ebf488be453a7b868ec6941c068121a3b85358/analysis/1396475736/

SHA256:   fe10658760cfba04f6fa7d16d5ebf488be453a7b868ec6941c068121a3b85358
File name:   MintCoin17.zip
Detection ratio:    0 / 49

Wink
Activity: 19
Just thought
If there is a bug, must it be the dev that fixes it?
Since its open source, couldnt just any one with the skills fix it?
Rat4 for example, who says there is an easy fix. He claims he only want to help mint, then why cant he just fix it? (if there are something to fix in the first place..)

This. Thank you for your thought.

@Rat4, if you have the solution please send us the patch. I'm personally will clone the Mintcoin git repo, review the patch and apply it, then I'll do a pull request. Let's stop arguing and let's do something about this. Since my interest is to make MINT grow, and not to waste my time arguing with the fans of __PUTTHENAMEOFANYOTHERCOINHERE__ (don't take it personally BC guys, this applies to any other fan whose intentions are not clear) you can't count on me for shallow discussions.

To the rest of us, MINT users, let's focus on our business. We still have a lot to do.

Focus.

EDIT: You know what's a case that we should follow? The developers of DOGE and Digibyte. That's the spirit. Let's help each other. That's the way it should be.
EDIT 2: Reading more I see the thing got solved. Nice, guys. Respect.

This thread grew like crazy the last hours.
Activity: 476
+1 me too, thanks.

di i keep my 1.6 files, or delete them and just have 1.7 files?
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
Update on the potential security issues mentioned earlier.

As a cautionary measure and since MINT does not really need PoW, we have decided to get rid of the PoW. We don't want to take any security risk.
And since our ego is less important than your hard earned money, we won't have any problem to be thankful to another coin dev if it appears he has helped to increase MintCoin's security.

For now, a new wallet is available and this is a mandatory update!

Please notify every people you know about this update!

What's new?
(1) latest checkpoints
(2) fixed wallet getbalance issue (thanks paspi)
(3) remove pow generation after block 220000

thanks, just bought back my 1,000,000 MINT, sold at 15 bought at 15. so only lost 1800MINT

Bueno, glad you didn't get burned. Moving up pretty fast.

As a cautionary measure and since MINT does not really need PoW, we have decided to get rid of the PoW. We don't want to take any security risk.
And since our ego is less important than your hard earned money, we won't have any problem to be thankful to another coin dev if it appears he has helped to increase MintCoin's security.

For now, a new wallet is available and this is a mandatory update!

Please notify every people you know about this update!

What's new?
(1) latest checkpoints
(2) fixed wallet getbalance issue (thanks paspi)
(3) remove pow generation after block 220000

thanks, just bought back my 1,000,000 MINT, sold at 15 bought at 15. so only lost 1800MINT
Activity: 42
+1 me too, thanks.

I was a very early fan of MINT (you will see from my posts not long after launch) and I held 100million MINTcoins at one point. I think the MINT community are great (on the whole) and I only migrated to BlackCoin because I preferred the lower inflation and wasn't totally happy with the premine. But is just my preferences, some people like the higher inflation etc. There is room for all flavours in crypto.

Let's hope bitcoin turns around and we all make lots of money as early adopters of all these coins!

Good luck Cheesy
Activity: 686
Merit: 503

YES thank you RAT4 and Soepkip Thanks to the BlackCoin community for helping
Activity: 224
Merit: 100

If it appears? What a joke.

Dishonest dev, dishonest community.

yes it should have been worded/said differently. agree.

English isn't the dudes first language. He thanked him.

that was what i was thinking... thats why i did not go full berserk on that statement.

okay finished, move on.
Well problem solved, everybody update your mint wallet, download at mintcoin.cc
legendary
Activity: 1274
i hope this will be a turning point and we will all be gentleman excellent to each other  Smiley
Activity: 686
Merit: 503
Just buy some BC to be safe and Keep mint too.

Does anybody know if they released an OSX wallet?
Activity: 56

If it appears? What a joke.

Dishonest dev, dishonest community.

yes it should have been worded/said differently. agree.

You guys can be as nit-picky and negative as you want but what matters is that the problem is fixed and our dev thanked rat4. It's time to move on.

+10.000

I agree I'm happy to see that they helped us with this issue and I appreciate it
Jump to: