Author

Topic: [ANN] [MINT] Mintcoin (POS / 5%) [NO ICO] [Fair distro, community maintained] - page 484. (Read 1369778 times)

Activity: 613
Merit: 500
Mintcoin: Get some
He don't know. HE KNOW FUD
If you have more coins you get the blocks sooner, so to do 60 mints in a row is near impossible.
Activity: 51
Merit: 0
I wished mintcoin had more gambling sites.

i've seen only 2 so far

This is a very promising, I don't know why no one do it,
Why only two gambling sites so far. Smiley
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
He don't know. HE KNOW FUD

Quick! Sell your peercoin! sell everything!
i have discovered a flaw with current PoS implementation

you can easily do a 51% attack with PoS blocks without needing large holdings

since PoS blocks are generated on a coin age basis, you could create TXO's delayed by a time offset at the minimum TXO cost for a future attack period

so after creating 10000 TXO of 1 MINT separated by 0.5 seconds to make sure 60 consecutive blocks are generated at repeated interval by your wallet 20 days in the future, the attack would last 1 hour and 40 minutes

enough to put the security and function of a coin in question

couple that with the fact the difficulty calculation includes PoS blocks, that would mean difficulty would jump to stratospheric levels making it impossible to mine PoW blocks

are people really not concerned about this?

YOU CAN 51% ATTACK ANY POS COIN WITHOUT THE NEED FOR 51% OF SUPPLY OR ANY PoW HASHRATE AT ALL
Not concerned because it is not true.  Go ahead and try it if you think it is so easy.

i am not interested in doing an attack, but you should be worried that it is doable.
go over the logic

THIS IS FIXABLE, BUT REQUIRES A HARD FORK
I don't think so, but for arguments sake, what's the fix?

since PoS blocks are generated on a coin age basis, you could create TXO's delayed by a time offset at the minimum TXO cost for a future attack period

so after creating 10000 TXO of 1 MINT separated by 0.5 seconds to make sure 60 consecutive blocks are generated at repeated interval by your wallet 20 days in the future, the attack would last 1 hour and 40 minutes

couple that with the fact the difficulty calculation includes PoS blocks, that would mean difficulty would jump to stratospheric levels making it impossible to mine PoW blocks

No. In order to get 60 consecutive blocks you would need a TON of coins. There is no way that 1 mintcoin will produce enough coin age to overpower the network's coin age for 1 hour and 40 minutes. 1 MINT all alone by itself would probably take years to successfully get on the blockchain.

wrong, only the calculation for how much coins you generate uses coin-days
valid block generation only uses coin age
There is more to it than that. Getting each consecutive block is not that easy.
Activity: 392
Merit: 250

YOU CAN 51% ATTACK ANY POS COIN WITHOUT THE NEED FOR 51% OF SUPPLY OR ANY PoW HASHRATE AT ALL
Not concerned because it is not true.  Go ahead and try it if you think it is so easy.

i am not interested in doing an attack, but you should be worried that it is doable.
go over the logic

THIS IS FIXABLE, BUT REQUIRES A HARD FORK

No. In order to get 60 consecutive blocks you would need a TON of coins. There is no way that 1 mintcoin will produce enough coin age to overpower the network's coin age for 1 hour and 40 minutes. 1 MINT all alone by itself would probably take years to successfully get on the blockchain.

wrong, only the calculation for how much coins you generate uses coin-days
valid block generation only uses coin age
Also, you would have to exactly when your miner was going to find the a block. Also, this sounds like a bunch of made up crap. Cheesy

Not concerned because it is not true.  Go ahead and try it if you think it is so easy.

What happend to all the miners?
Come on! Point your rigs at http://hashco.ws

Activity: 434

Looks like a freaking Tsunami wave way is about to hit!

Let's go surfing!

300 satoshis, here we come!

Looks like a freaking Tsunami wave way is about to hit!

Let's go surfing!

Activity: 56
any news on android wallet?

Yes, any news on the Android Wallet?

I keep hearing there is a bounty for it but have never seen how much the bounty amount is - has anybody else seen it?

I'm not sure but I think someone is in the process of working on the Android wallet. If not is it something you believe you're capable and interested in creating?

No, I couldn't create it, I'm not a programmer.
But If I knew what the bounty amount was I/others could shop the job around. Without knowing what the bounty is, sort of difficult to shop the job around.

OK I agree I'll look into it too and see what's happening with it
Activity: 453
any news on android wallet?

Yes, any news on the Android Wallet?

I keep hearing there is a bounty for it but have never seen how much the bounty amount is - has anybody else seen it?

I'm not sure but I think someone is in the process of working on the Android wallet. If not is it something you believe you're capable and interested in creating?

No, I couldn't create it, I'm not a programmer.
But If I knew what the bounty amount was I/others could shop the job around. Without knowing what the bounty is, sort of difficult to shop the job around.

Activity: 56
just got another 40,000 MINT. i know its not a lot but everyday it adds up. will buy 2 million on april 1.

You rock! Thanks for helping the Mintcoin Community
Activity: 868
Merit: 1000
just got another 40,000 MINT. i know its not a lot but everyday it adds up. will buy 2 million on april 1.
Jump to: