Author

Topic: [ANN] [MINT] Mintcoin (POS / 5%) [NO ICO] [Fair distro, community maintained] - page 486. (Read 1369778 times)

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000
I will be buying more MINT tonight. and hope the price is low on april 1st. thats when i get paid Cool
New merchant for MintCoin!
Buy iPhone cases with your MINT at http://www.whipstergear.com/

Nice! Keep up the good work, mintcointeam!
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
For those just dropping by:

Why join Mintcoin?

-Energy efficient! No mining necessary, Mint your coins instead!
-Lightining fast, secure transactions.
-Mint pays 20% interest to people who buy in now.
-Can't afford to buy? People can turn other coins into mintcoin by mining at hashcows right now! https://hashco.ws/ (under account settings change to payout in mint)
-Buy\Sell Mint at for fiat at Switzerland based Moolah.io exchange
-We will be added to regulated, legitimate fiat exchange Vault of Satoshi in April: http://www.coindesk.com/vault-of-satoshi-gets-full-money-services-license-canada/
-Android wallet in the works: https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0BwpkXqmxmdGScm9lb21pTXhuS00&usp=sharing
-Merchants!

Join the Mint Revolution!
Activity: 1008
Merit: 501
First of all I'd like to say I just switched my rig over to hashco.ws and Mining to be paid out in mint. Secondly I would like to put in my .02cents about the new asics (I just bought 3 gridseeds) wouldn't this theoretically be a good thing especially for say mint? I mean if someone had a big ASIC setup and was mining hashcows to be paid out in mint that would help the buy support for mint using very little energy. I mean a gridseed ASIC runs at ~350kh/s for 7watts which is WAY more efficient than any gpu out there. Everything has it's good sides and it's bad sides.
Activity: 770
Merit: 500
Have you seen those upcoming scrypt asic machines? Good thing mintcoin is pure PoS now, many coins will be mined into oblivion and then dumped until their 1 sat but mintcoin will not be affected at least not in a negative way. Looking it this way, scrypt asics are actually beneficial for mintcoin.

I predict many alt coins will be forked to new algorithms to combat the new scrypt ASIC devices.

Probably but that does require a lot of work, as I understand all users, pools and exchanges would have to update their wallets and deamons.

Is there no possiblity asics can adapt to still keep mining coins on new algos?

The scrypt ASIC makers would have to develop a new type of chip to beable to hash the newer algorithm. Unless they develope sockets for the specific chip to be interchangable even if that is possible? Maybe the focus will turn back to FPGA devices since they are able to be programmed?
Activity: 325
Merit: 250
New merchant for MintCoin!
Buy iPhone cases with your MINT at http://www.whipstergear.com/
Activity: 364
Have you seen those upcoming scrypt asic machines? Good thing mintcoin is pure PoS now, many coins will be mined into oblivion and then dumped until their 1 sat but mintcoin will not be affected at least not in a negative way. Looking it this way, scrypt asics are actually beneficial for mintcoin.

Yep. Mint is the Daddy of PoS coins, because we still have so many coins to produce over many years. All without mining.

Looks like whales are getting ready to play with some Mint...check out the buy orders on Mintpal.

There was another buy wall for some time at 10 sat, I believe it was there to keep it from falling into the scary single digits. This could be the same thing, not many people can sell so many coins so the price will remain above the biggest buy wall.
legendary
Activity: 1418
Merit: 1002

I predict many alt coins will be forked to new algorithms to combat the new scrypt ASIC devices.

Probably but that does require a lot of work, as I understand all users, pools and exchanges would have to update their wallets and deamons.

Is there no possiblity asics can adapt and still keep mining coins on new algos?
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
http://www.cryptokk.com/gfx/votes/mint.png

MINT has been added to the new Cryptokk's vote list.

Votes are free ! You can vote 1 time, every 2 hours, per account.

http://www.cryptokk.com/?p=votes
CTRL+F (search) -> MINT
Activity: 770

Yep. Mint is the Daddy of PoS coins, because we still have so many coins to produce over many years. All without mining.

Looks like whales are getting ready to play with some Mint...check out the buy orders on Mintpal.
Activity: 826
see my profile
sorry, me again - and another bug report:

When I tried to create a "New address".
With locked wallet. I type in my password, then this comes up.

And later there are 3 status lines:

Code:
EXCEPTION: St13runtime_error
CWallet::GenerateNewKey() : AddKey failed
...\MintCoin\mintcoin-qt.exe in ThreadStakeMinter()

there is nothing it in "debug.log"!

I have tried a second time, and could reproduce the problem.

Then I unlocked the wallet first, created a "new address" - and now there was no error!

version 1.6.0.0
Activity: 229
The mintcoin should go into the real economy, unfocus on the coin-exchange market.
Activity: 700
Current state at Mintpal. Check out that buy pressure!

52 BTC at stake, its not peanuts.

Did somebody say "Steak"?

Nevermind, false alarm. It was stake.

Anyhoo, everyone reading this, if you are a miner, be sure to point your GPUs and ASICs to http://www.hashco.ws

You boost the multipool hashrate and the buy pressure that will increase the price of Mintcoin. Be sure to change the settings to reflect payout in Mintcoins.

Darn. I'd like to buy some at 12 satoshis, but now I'm be last in a lllloooonnngg line.  Sad
Activity: 126
Both Mintpal and Cryptsy have public APIs. I wonder if anyone has developed a script that pings them every so often and nets out the buys and sells. I.E. use the APIs to see what the net buys are for the day. The volume they show is less important than the overall net sale or net purchase for a given amount of time. I could maybe hack something together in PHP, but it would be clunky. Anyone got a slick solution to this?
Has anyone figured out how many btc worth of mint you'll get per Mhs on hashcows?
I've been running it for 2.5 days now and it seems low, I think it might be better to collect the BTC ourselves then trade them in for mint...

Well how much have you received?

about .004 worth of btc for a 3.2 mhs rig...  Angry

Are you basing that off of mint received, or what the pool states? Have you actually received payout?
Jump to: