Author

Topic: [ANN] [MINT] Mintcoin (POS / 5%) [NO ICO] [Fair distro, community maintained] - page 504. (Read 1369778 times)

legendary
Activity: 1418
Merit: 1002
I am running 1.6 of the wallet.  Mac version.  So far, no minting of any kind.  Not even failed attempts (as far as I can tell).
strange ... 1.6 on my MAC has minted fine albeit with orphans.

Are you running Mavericks? that's what Im on.
Activity: 658
Merit: 503
Monero Core Team
i think it is multipool ready and project F incoming!
Yep, I've got some conversation with dev recently.

BTW, sorry for my multi-days leave, I had my birthday to celebrate and an important bitcoin presentation to a bank to set up. I hope to be back on saddle soon.
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
Is this the new floor price? I would like to buy another couple of milions Smiley When would you think is best time?

Remember when Bitcoins were $65 for 30,000 BTC? Buy up Mintcoins now before the price skyrockets.

yeah but there are 19billion mintcoin out there and only 13 million bitcoins out

That has absolutey nothing to do with market cap. At 100,000 satoshi we will have a market cap higher than btc. We will also have replaced btc with an eco-friendly coin that has much faster transaction times.

I know how ridiculous right? But I had a dream about it, so it must be real Cheesy
Activity: 868
Merit: 1000
Is this the new floor price? I would like to buy another couple of milions Smiley When would you think is best time?

Remember when Bitcoins were $65 for 30,000 BTC? Buy up Mintcoins now before the price skyrockets.

yeah but there are 19billion mintcoin out there and only 13 million bitcoins out
Activity: 178
I am running 1.6 of the wallet.  Mac version.  So far, no minting of any kind.  Not even failed attempts (as far as I can tell).
4 hours down now

120000 blocks downloaded

53500 to go.

almost there!!!
Activity: 224
ecccoin same dev or was i misinformed?

wonder how this is going to end with all these pos coins popping up.

market will get saturated. strongest will survive.
Activity: 60
Merit: 10

I think we are headed up from here.

I think we missed the floor a couple of days ago and mint is on the up from now on.
Activity: 434
Merit: 250

Activity: 224
14, 15 is new floor price.
Activity: 364

I think we are headed up from here.
Activity: 280
I'm using Mintcoin-qt  1.4.0.0 and I have a few coins that have sat for 25 days now and they got a big pile of mint (~1.12%) on day 20 and have since stopped minting at all. I've opened it about once every other day and it is unencrypted and synced. 

What is the deal with it? Do I need a new wallet? If so how do i move them into a new upgraded wallet without resetting my 20 days?

If all those coins went to stake on day 20 and minted coins, they will have to regain their coinage- so you won't be able to mint on them until another 20 days, right? This is how I thought it works, anyways, somebody please correct me if I am wrong. Also, I would recommend upgrading to the new wallet.

So I only need to open my wallet every 20 days?

If you were like me and had staggered deposits then coins will reach coinage at different times, so I usually open mine once a day or so.

Couldn't that be programmed in the wallet? Automatically open when it's been 20 days based on coin values and then close? Seems like an obvious feature or don't even have to open wallet and have the procedure run automatically... or something.  Undecided

I don't know the technicalities enough to know whether having it run automatically, without having to open the wallet, is a possible feature- that would be really really cool though. I believe having it automatically open to mint on its own would require that your password be stored somewhere (assuming the wallet is encrypted) and I think this would jeopardize security.
Activity: 826
see my profile
Yippieh, so I did find a bug. Is there a bug finding bounty?
If you want to support me & my work: Mfxyu7TRCDxco5sGn8EV1hNqF2A7Ut9oo4
Completed fixing it today, submitted a patch to devs just a couple of hours ago. Probably it'll be included in the next release.
edit: I thought I should give more information. Balance displayed on UI was correct. Balance displayed when calling "getbalance" by itself was correct. The commands "getbalance *", "getbalance ""   ", "getbalance accountname", "listaccounts" had some problems, their outputs were inconsistent with each other and UI's shown balance. The inconsistencies occured only on minted transactions
Alright. Well done fixing this. Thank you very much, in the name of the whole community.
Is this a Mintcoin specific bug - or do you want to tell all the other PoS coins, too?

How much code do mintcoin and blackcoin actually share?

Might this "wrong balance" bug be connected to the wrong balances at cryptorush?

legendary
Activity: 1418
Merit: 1002
Why doesn't Mintcoin do something like this? Not necessarily to copy them, but because it looks so cool.
http://www.businessinsider.com/theres-going-to-be-a-dogecoin-car-at-talladega-2014-3

we need a trusted foundation first to start organizing these types of projects and fundraising ... we'll get there soon Smiley
3 hours into it

88500 blocks downloaded

85000 to go
Activity: 434
Why doesn't Mintcoin do something like this? Not necessarily to copy them, but because it looks so cool.
http://www.businessinsider.com/theres-going-to-be-a-dogecoin-car-at-talladega-2014-3
Activity: 700
Merit: 500
I'm using Mintcoin-qt  1.4.0.0 and I have a few coins that have sat for 25 days now and they got a big pile of mint (~1.12%) on day 20 and have since stopped minting at all. I've opened it about once every other day and it is unencrypted and synced. 

What is the deal with it? Do I need a new wallet? If so how do i move them into a new upgraded wallet without resetting my 20 days?

If all those coins went to stake on day 20 and minted coins, they will have to regain their coinage- so you won't be able to mint on them until another 20 days, right? This is how I thought it works, anyways, somebody please correct me if I am wrong. Also, I would recommend upgrading to the new wallet.

So I only need to open my wallet every 20 days?

If you were like me and had staggered deposits then coins will reach coinage at different times, so I usually open mine once a day or so.

Couldn't that be programmed in the wallet? Automatically open when it's been 20 days based on coin values and then close? Seems like an obvious feature or don't even have to open wallet and have the procedure run automatically... or something.  Undecided
after 2 full hours im on block 56,000 out of 173,112

i will keep you posted as i watch paint dry Grin
Activity: 110
Merit: 10
Coins mint every 20 days. I'm basing this on the fact that I got my 20% for the 20 day period and none since. Other people seem to say the same. If we get to 40 days and no one is seeing a second batch, then you might want to worry. 

don't worry - i hold my mintcoins 40+ days and now wallet is minting compound interest

ok thanks! Thanks to everyone for your answers.
Jump to: