Author

Topic: [ANN] [MINT] Mintcoin (POS / 5%) [NO ICO] [Fair distro, community maintained] - page 505. (Read 1369778 times)

Activity: 82
Merit: 10
Coins mint every 20 days. I'm basing this on the fact that I got my 20% for the 20 day period and none since. Other people seem to say the same. If we get to 40 days and no one is seeing a second batch, then you might want to worry. 

don't worry - i hold my mintcoins 40+ days and now wallet is minting compound interest
Activity: 294
Merit: 250
been dowloading for an hour now at this rate it looks like 7 hours to download. does that sound right?
i just got a new computer and downloading a new wallet. i cash out all from my last wallet

Yes, if you have a 28.8k dialup modem lol

my download speed is 30mps

why it mintcoin wallet so slow downloading?

i also have many programs running

At that speed it should take you no longer than a minute. I'm guessing the problem is on their end, so it's not you.

Make sure you download the wallet from www.mintcoin.cc
Activity: 868
Merit: 1000
been dowloading for an hour now at this rate it looks like 7 hours to download. does that sound right?
i just got a new computer and downloading a new wallet. i cash out all from my last wallet

my download speed is 30Mbps

why it mintcoin wallet so slow downloading?

i also have many programs running
Activity: 294

I'm using Mintcoin-qt  1.4.0.0 and I have a few coins that have sat for 25 days now and they got a big pile of mint (~1.12%) on day 20 and have since stopped minting at all. I've opened it about once every other day and it is unencrypted and synced. 

What is the deal with it? Do I need a new wallet? If so how do i move them into a new upgraded wallet without resetting my 20 days?

If all those coins went to stake on day 20 and minted coins, they will have to regain their coinage- so you won't be able to mint on them until another 20 days, right? This is how I thought it works, anyways, somebody please correct me if I am wrong. Also, I would recommend upgrading to the new wallet.

So I only need to open my wallet every 20 days?

If you were like me and had staggered deposits then coins will reach coinage at different times, so I usually open mine once a day or so.
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
Yes, you don't need to have it open all the time. BTW mint is now at 19 sat on mintpal!

Yes it is! There seems to be something wrong w mintpals volume measurement on mint, I swear it's moving backwards.
I'm using Mintcoin-qt  1.4.0.0 and I have a few coins that have sat for 25 days now and they got a big pile of mint (~1.12%) on day 20 and have since stopped minting at all. I've opened it about once every other day and it is unencrypted and synced.  

What is the deal with it? Do I need a new wallet? If so how do i move them into a new upgraded wallet without resetting my 20 days?

If all those coins went to stake on day 20 and minted coins, they will have to regain their coinage- so you won't be able to mint on them until another 20 days, right? This is how I thought it works, anyways, somebody please correct me if I am wrong. Also, I would recommend upgrading to the new wallet.

I open mine every once in a while just to update the blockchain, but the answer to your question is yes.

Edit: Add that to the list of things making Mint the superior PoS coin.
Activity: 364
Yes, you don't need to have it open all the time. BTW mint is now at 19 sat on mintpal!
Activity: 700
Merit: 500
I'm using Mintcoin-qt  1.4.0.0 and I have a few coins that have sat for 25 days now and they got a big pile of mint (~1.12%) on day 20 and have since stopped minting at all. I've opened it about once every other day and it is unencrypted and synced. 

Yes, it will take a while to sync the first time. You're downloading the entire blockchain. Bitcoin took me like all day.

Edit: 7 hours seems a little high, is that just your guestimate?

yeah just guessing. it might go faster towards the end, so im thinking 6 hours
legendary
Activity: 1418
Merit: 1002
Coins mint every 20 days. I'm basing this on the fact that I got my 20% for the 20 day period and none since. Other people seem to say the same. If we get to 40 days and no one is seeing a second batch, then you might want to worry. 

So there hasn't been a hardfork since 1.4? I don't NEED to update right?

I'm run v1.5- It has an unlock wallet button

v1.6 is cosmetic changes

I don't think the coin has ever forked.

Yes, the coin hasnt forked just the wallet been updated with some bug fixes, checkpoints, and gui changes ...

Price is moving nicely today Smiley

Yes, it will take a while to sync the first time. You're downloading the entire blockchain. Bitcoin took me like all day.

Edit: 7 hours seems a little high, is that just your guestimate?

I'm run v1.5- It has an unlock wallet button

v1.6 is cosmetic changes

I don't think the coin has ever forked.
So the update process is export wallet.dat then download and install update and import wallet.dat?  That's it?

I've never done this, I always just download and execute. I back up my wallet first just in case.
mintcoin is going to explode this week I think

just need more promotion of the multipool and we can go towards the moon Cheesy

This is how I understand it as well. For the love of god let the confusion end Wink
Activity: 110
So the update process is export wallet.dat then download and install update and import wallet.dat?  That's it?
Activity: 110

Jump to: