Author

Topic: [ANN] [MINT] Mintcoin (POS / 5%) [NO ICO] [Fair distro, community maintained] - page 508. (Read 1369778 times)

Activity: 182
Merit: 100
I haven't minted anything since the 18th of March, I am up to date on with the new wallet, is something wrong?

You mint every 20 days. So you have 13 more to go.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't believe that's accurate unless he received all of his coins in one block.

Suppose you were mining mint, and received 50k mint per day, in single lump sum payouts (1 payout per day) from a mining pool, from March 1st - March 3rd.

3/21 - the 50k coins you mined on 3/1 should now begin attempting to mint. Assuming they do mint today, in 20 days they will attempt to mint again.
3/22 - the 50k coins you mined on 3/2 should now begin attempting to mint. Assuming they do mint today, in 20 days they will attempt to mint again.
3/23 - the 50k coins you mined on 3/3 should now begin attempting to mint. Assuming they do mint today, in 20 days they will attempt to mint again.

Furthermore, depending on whether or not the minted coins become a part of the same block as the "chunk" of coins that they were minted from, you may end up with either 3 or 6 groups of coin ages in this example scenario, each of which would now be attempting to mint on different days.

Please anyone do correct me if I am wrong, but this is how hobonickels POS works and I believe Mint does it the same way.
Activity: 210
I haven't minted anything since the 18th of March, I am up to date on with the new wallet, is something wrong?

You mint every 20 days. So you have 13 more to go.
Activity: 224
Activity: 826
Merit: 1000
see my profile
Someone else mentioned this bug last week, and I've been chasing it since.
I might have found a bug
(I am trying to find out why seemingly only one small part of my coins are used for minting. That's when I found this.)
When I go into the console, and type
listaccounts  or
getbalance "accountname"
then the balances I get are not the balances
but some other number.
Yippieh, so I did find a bug. Is there a bug finding bounty?
If you want to support me & my work: Mfxyu7TRCDxco5sGn8EV1hNqF2A7Ut9oo4

Completed fixing it today, submitted a patch to devs just a couple of hours ago. Probably it'll be included in the next release.
edit: I thought I should give more information. Balance displayed on UI was correct. Balance displayed when calling "getbalance" by itself was correct. The commands "getbalance *", "getbalance ""   ", "getbalance accountname", "listaccounts" had some problems, their outputs were inconsistent with each other and UI's shown balance. The inconsistencies occured only on minted transactions
Alright. Well done fixing this.
Thank you very much, in the name of the whole community.

Is this a Mintcoin specific bug - or do you want to tell all the other PoS coins, too?

Enjoy your day!
Activity: 50
Merit: 0
Activity: 89
Merit: 10
Escrow Services Provided
I'm sure this is a beaten-to-death question, but I've had coins since 2-26 or 2-28 and I have yet to see any minting or attempts at minting.  When does this start to happen and will it fill my wallet with "bad minting" attempts like Zeitcoin and leave "gray entries" as well?

You need the newest version of the wallet, or else you won't mint.
Activity: 126
Some huge buy walls on Mintpal:  Cheesy

I see that nice one ... clear the way we're moving up!
11BTC buy wall at 14 satoshi!  Grin
legendary
Activity: 1418
Merit: 1002

I see that nice one ... clear the way we're moving up!
lol and the tradebot goes into other direction now. rinse repeat.

easy profits.

dont feed it OR ride it  Cool.
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
Activity: 178
I'm sure this is a beaten-to-death question, but I've had coins since 2-26 or 2-28 and I have yet to see any minting or attempts at minting.  When does this start to happen and will it fill my wallet with "bad minting" attempts like Zeitcoin and leave "gray entries" as well?

Mintcoin is really good Coin. I told it to my neighbor friends and family ,everyone bought 100 dollars.
I am convinced that in the near future to mint rose to 0.00001000 BTC!!!!!
 Smiley Smiley Smiley

that is very optimistic to say the least. maybe in 1-2 years.

with 70 bil coins... that will be eh... 700000 BTC? 437 mil usd?

or is my math off today?
Activity: 546
Merit: 500
PGP 9CB0902E
nice tradebot dumping now.

yes i've also been watching this take place
i thought it would start quite earlier though. Last night, it looked like it was rising too high, too fast.
Activity: 20
Merit: 0
Mintcoin is really good Coin. I told it to my neighbor friends and family ,everyone bought 100 dollars.
I am convinced that in the near future to mint rose to 0.00001000 BTC!!!!!
 Smiley Smiley Smiley

nice tradebot dumping now.

i warned about putting high volume at 13,14,15

it will dump all the way to 13, maybe 12 ( prb not ) +/-.
Activity: 546
Merit: 500
PGP 9CB0902E
nice, nice
keep up the good work.
These are exciting times to be around.
2014 is getting better everyday
Activity: 182
The hashco.ws mining payout works! Awesome!
Sudden jump in BTC exchanged as well!
Does this coin only stake every 1 year?
No, it stakes as soon as you have coins that are mature (+20 days) and then it stakes several times every day
But do i have to keep my wallet open to earn stakes?
also is it 20% per annum the amount paid for the fitst year?
If so, that is not a big payout
Yes you need to keep it open and unlocked to stake.
If you think 20% per year is too little you can mine some at hashco.ws  Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1918
Merit: 1001
No, it stakes as soon as you have coins that are mature (+20 days) and then it stakes several times every day
But do i have to keep my wallet open to earn stakes?
also is it 20% per annum the amount paid for the fitst year?
If so, that is not a big payout
Jump to: